It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, I've had it!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I dunno about you folks, but I'm sick and tired of being lied to about every dang thing that is of any importance whatsoever. Observe the long list of religions and organizations who have no qualms about lying to you and in fact, teach their adherents that you are fair game!

Judaism: If you're a gentile ( a non-jew) they can lie to you about anything they want.
Islam: If you're a kaffir (a non-muslim) they can lie to you about anything they want.
Scientology: If you're not a scientologist, they can lie to you about anything they want.
Mormonism: If you're a gentile (a nom-mormon), they can lie to you about anything they want.
Jesuits: If you're not a catholic, they can lie to you about anything they want in defense of the pope and the church.
FBI, CIA, MI5, etc: If you're not in one of their orgs, or even if you are, they can lie to you about anything they want.
ANONYMOUS and similar orgs: Can hack you, steal your money and give it to whoever they want, because you aren't in anonymous or on their "we like you" list,

This list is actually much bigger, and includes big headliners like the governments of every nation on this planet, such as the government of China.

And lying isn't all they can do. They can also cheat you and not consider it cheating. They can rob you and not consider it theft. They can ruin your life and not consider it improper behavior.

With that many people aligned against us, it's no freakin wonder that we have no idea half the time what is going on and the other half of the time, are having to put up with their incessant bull crap. If you tell a person they can lie and be rewarded for it by God himself, they will be more than happy to accomodate you! What the sam hill are these people thinking?!

I can understand governments have to protect their best interests but good freakin' grief, this is simply out of control. : /

edit on 17-1-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Information is power

but I’m wondering why you care if the religious* lie, all people with an agenda lie or more typically try to give you the information they want you to have and hide any facts from you which go against their beliefs – all they want from you is for you to be in their club, the truth is of no importance to such people

lying in Christianity was seen as necessary to save the unbeliever from hell – so that kind of lying is seen as being done in a good cause

*as for the alphabet government agencies you mention it should be obvious why they lie

edit on 17-1-2012 by racasan because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by racasan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Since when did the FBI, Anonymous, and the government of China become a religion? (and every other nation apparently?)

Ok Ok, I get your point, but this read(red) like something that should be in the rant forum. Seriously, who isn't tired of being lied to too these days. Isn't that how Obama got elected? By promising change.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
reply to post by undo

Information is power

but I’m wondering why you care if the religious* lie, all people with an agenda lie or more typically try to give you the information they want you to have and hiding any facts from you which go against their belief system – they want you in their club

lying in christianity was seen as a necessary to save the unbeliever from hell – so that kind of lying is seen as done in a good cause

*as for the alphabet government agencies you mention it should be obvious why they lie

if i say to you, "rac, i want to know what you believe about this topic" and you say "undo, i believe _____" fill in the blank. and it isn't what you actually believe, you're just saying you believe that because you don't want me to know what you really believe, then why would you say that? you're manipulating me when you do that, and you think it's okay to do so. when i say i'm a christian, i mean i'm a christian. my definition of what it means to be a christian may differ from yours, but the bottom line is, i mean what i say. i don't tell you that to manipulate you. i tell you that cause it's the truth. which leads me to the next category:

people who claim they are a religion of a certain type but actually aren't. they're not even an offshoot or cult version. they are flat out lying for some ulterior motive. if you knew the truth, you would know they are a completely different religion or not even remotely religious. lies lies more lies. nothing but lies. lies everywhere. it's disgusting.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

If you consider the first witnesses of Jesus they could have made a simple lie and escaped death,. No Christianity doesn't condone lying ...peace ps nice rant undo

edit on 17-1-2012 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
Since when did the FBI, Anonymous, and the government of China become a religion? (and every other nation apparently?)

Ok Ok, I get your point, but this read(red) like something that should be in the rant forum. Seriously, who isn't tired of being lied to too these days. Isn't that how Obama got elected? By promising change.

yeah i was gonna add politicians to the list but i thought that was pretty obvious.
why's everything gotta run on lies. if everyone else started lying, these people would be so outnumbered by the sheer amount of BS floating around. no wonder there are rules for the common folk, such "don't lie, don't cheat, don't steal" but it's FINE AND DANDY, if they do.

reminds me of my dad, he use to say to me: "Don't do what I do. Do what I say."
but all the big wigs on the whole damn planet are saying the same thing! they're making us into a bunch of looney tunes. don't lie, steal or cheat, but it's okay if you do it to that guy over there cause we don't like him.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

There are some clear presuppositions here, that there where ‘witnesses of Jesus’ and that there was a jesus

and I think its this kind of thing that the op is talking about

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I never try and make anybody believe anything I write on here, when I write I try and make it clear when it’s my opinion or I try to reference sources when necessary – your or anybody’s belief in what I write is not important to me – it’s the process of discussion I enjoy

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Second the sentiment, I'm about ready to rock on myself. Institutionalisation has become endemic to the point where people cannot conceptualise anything different, even when the institutions are to their detriment.

I cannot help but be reminded of the recent ship that listed and the Australian woman who told of people not concerned with honour or women and children first but rather their own safety. When we cannot even acknowledge our inherit ability to do wrong it's no wonder bad # happens. No one here can be trusted, this is a carry your own water world. There are so many things that could be said but what is the point?

Best of luck, I hope the world is kinder toward you in the future.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Well there are many documents from the time of Jesus that would suggest of a person named Jesus .peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by racasan

There are some clear presuppositions here, that there where ‘witnesses of Jesus’ and that there was a jesus

and I think its this kind of thing that the op is talking about

well i was taught to speak the truth as i know it. not lie to you for my advantage. there's no advantage in this life, for me to say i'm a christian because it's an unpopular belief in these parts. i'm not cathoilc or any particular denomination. i just study and pray. i'm not saying i have never lied, cause i know i have. all i'm saying is, i felt bad that i did, even if the person i lied to wasn't a christian! these people actually believe they are doing a good thing when they lie to people who don't share their world view.

i realize it's idealistic to think this way and a certain amount of lying is sometimes seen as a survival mechanism, but if you asked me if i was a christian and my answer was a life or death situation and if so, could result in some bad thing happening to me, and i lied to you and said i wasn't. I WOULD FEEL EVEN WORSE!
what, do we all need to attend lie school now, so we can learn how to lie in order to survive all the other liars out there? if so, i'll just join the group with the best liars!

who here has the best liars? which group??

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Ok then please post what you think is the strongest evidence for jesus

But before you do post it here, take a look around and see if you can find any problems with your evidence and post that here as well

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I want to add one more to your list ...How is it we have a society within our culture that is held in respect to the point of becoming Judges over us that are paid to come up with a believable lie to get a guilty party acquitted of a crime the committed ..I am talking about Layers ..now just imagine that and oh yea most of the better ones end up as politicians ..go figure

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by undo

I want to add one more to your list ...How is it we have a society within our culture that is held in respect to the point of becoming Judges over us that are paid to come up with a believable lie to get a guilty party acquitted of a crime the committed ..I am talking about Layers ..now just imagine that and oh yea most of the better ones end up as politicians ..go figure

so that means so far, the best liar groups are:

1. judges
2 lawyers
3 politicians

that takes care of the non religious side. what about the religious side?
which religion has the best liars?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Thus me must seek those on the inside and hope they reveal little trickles of info to unravel the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

I am not here to provide evidence for you ...You can probably find as many if not more sources then I can..There are many books writen by more diligent and resourceful people than me so have at it if that is your quest . I am convinced and became convinced while reading the Bible KJV ...peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Probably many more on that road to Rome ...There would be so many one could chose from ...I dont exclude the prostantant ones as well becaues ,well even that was infultrated by the Jesuits ...peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Canned2na

Yea ,pretty much ..peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

To me you seem to be admitting to the fact that you lie – but that you are doing it unknowingly or unintentionally

You might like this:
en.wikipedia.org...

E-Prime (short for English-Prime, sometimes denoted E′) is a version of the English language that excludes all forms of the verb to be. E-Prime does not allow conjugations of to be (am, are, is, was, were, be, been, being), archaic forms (e.g. art, wast, wert), or contractions ('s, 'm, 're).
Some scholars advocate using E-Prime as a device to clarify thinking and strengthen writing.[1] For example, the sentence "the film was good" could translate into E-Prime as "I liked the film" or as "the film made me laugh". The E-Prime versions communicate the speaker's experience rather than judgment, making it harder for the writer or reader to confuse opinion with fact.

Bourland and other advocates also suggest that use of E-Prime leads to a less dogmatic style of language that reduces the possibility of misunderstanding and for conflic

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1
reply to post by undo

Probably many more on that road to Rome ...There would be so many one could chose from ...I dont exclude the prostantant ones as well becaues ,well even that was infultrated by the Jesuits ...peace

so the catholics are the best liars?
are you sure?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join