It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Scared Countries?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Do you think that the result of the Iraq war has scared North Korea and other countries?

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Maybe maybe not. Some ppl like kim in NK probably think he is invinciple. It might have scared countries like Iran who has about the same military capibilities and Iraq or any country wich is as powerful or less than Iraq. I doubt it scared Syria due to there much more powerful military. It also made many countries rethink there air defence systems.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
to let them know that this war on terror is no BS. that if they turn against us then they're toast too. i say fear none, be prepared for all.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I would say it definitely scared the countries on the Axis of Evil list.
Iran is lying on it's back showing it's balls, Syria is on the defence, blustering away and North Korea looks like it's making concessions for talks. Libya and Cuba, by and large, have kept their mouths shut.

The nature of this warfare was probably what worried them the most.
This was fast, hard and devastating. Once the US gains air superiority it has forces at it's disposal which can travel incredible distances in short times and deliver overwhelming fire power. The flexibility that this gives the military commanders in the field is not available to any other country in the world. Add to that precision weapons, the best technology, highly motivated and trained troops and an ability to adapt to a battlefield within a moment's notice and you have the most awesome conventional fighting machine ever assembled. There isn't a single country in the world that can stand up to such military might. Couple it with a few more countries (ie, UK, Australia et al) and you have something that can bring down any regime conventionally in a matter of weeks or a few months.

The only reason you might be unconcerned about a force like that is if you believe Bush wouldn't use it. Problem for them is that he just has.
Sure, some dudes might look like they don't have a care in the world. But don't believe it. They're crapping their pants.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I agree with you fully Pheonix. Like you said i think the countries are not goin to try to stand in our way as much as they did with Iraq once Bush says its time. Also Leveller well said that was everything i was thinking.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
is what i want to see. i want to know what their position will be in all this. if we attacked cuba, a place so close to home, is it possible that miami could suffer some sort of missle attack or naval attack, however limited. i don't know cubas military capabilities, as you said it has been quiet, but it is like poking a snake with a stick. when the time comes when we'd actually have to go into cuba, they'd know it's not going be able to stop america, and would probably just die fighting.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

new topics

top topics

join