It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giraffes gunned down for family holiday 'fun'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragoon01
Guess what,
When the SHTF and our sytem of transportation and shipping fails you vegans are going to die. I dont say that as a threat.Its a real danger for you. I would speculate that the majority of the vegans do not have anywhere near the means to feed themselves for a sustained period of time. Unless you can eat meat (which nature intended you to do) you will not be able to sufficently feed yourselves. Its not about nutrition I understand that you can get a lot of the protein you need from legumes its about quantity and time to table. If you are limiting yourselves to JUST vegitables then you have cut down the available food sources to you in times of need by a significant amount. You have the luxury of being vegans in good times, its a vastly differnt thing when all you have to eat or will have to eat for days is a can of Spam.

Now please stop whining about sport hunting. Someone brought up the Buffalo as an example of out of control hunting. Yes that is an example of people who did not pay attention to the surroundings. The moderrn hunter is a conservationist and does more to keep animals alive and breeding in good health than most of you. How many of you have planted food plots for deer? I am very anti-government and I feel there is a better way to do things but one area that licensing systems do function is controling the taking of herd species. If a hunter going to Africa pays thousands of dollars to hunt a large trophy species its in large part to obtain the license to do so. That fee goes to maintain the perserves that most of these wild animals live within. The fees are used to protect the rest of the animals. The animal that is taken is carefully sellected so that its loss has a benefit to the rest of the herds or groups. Back to the Buffalo, what was it that brought the Buffalo back from the brink of extiction? Was it Yellowstone and government protection? No it was Ted Turner raising them for food! And yes they are tasty, so is Ostrich for that matter.

By the way just thought to mention, to all those living their whole lives for WHEN "SHTF"

You know you could wait your whole life and live a certain way because of this unknown future like my Grandmother who only talked about when "IT" happened and stored food and waiting was her life yet she lived her whole life and died of old age years ago....
Maybe some who are vegetarian or vegan would eat meat if that were all that were left and "SHTF"! But why live your whole life around that possible day?

" (which nature intended you to do) "
I don't think you know what NATURE intended for us to do. if you are basing this on god and are Christian you know that originally "God" from the old testament did not give meat to the people to eat. if you are basing this in science...
""But chimps eat meat", is the usual cry. Chimps' eating habits have been closely studied over many years and the amount of meat they eat is minuscule - about the size of half-a-pea a day, mostly made up of insects. Indeed, they eat so little that their hands and nails, teeth and digestive tract are those of a predominately vegan animal. The genetic difference between a chimp and a human is only 1.5%.

Some people claim our teeth are those of a carnivore, which is obvious nonsense and a quick look inside the mouth of a cat or dog will show you why. Our teeth, with their predominantly flat surfaces, are designed to grind and crush tough vegetable matter and are incapable of eating meat unless it's cooked first. And we haven't got the canines of a killer - we'd all look like Dracula if we had! Human teeth are not designed for holding or killing prey and they certainly couldn't bite through the hide of a large animal."

www.vivausa.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Vegan aside, the act of killing for sport is atrocious. The kinds of people with this mentality are the ones dragging down and destroying the WHOLE planet, poisoning it kill by kill and infecting vulnerable and impressionable others to think they are "cool". They don't give a Sh#t about other life forms or this world.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Whilst i agree with alot you say you might be interested to know this-

In the wild, giraffes have also been seen to eat weaver-bird nests with young inside, and may chew on bones, perhaps to gain additional minerals.

Link-www.wickedgiraffe.com...

And as we know a giraffe is considered to be exclusively herbivore.

Also your words come across as very passive aggressive,we all have our different viewpoints and each should be respected.

Regards to all

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Vegan aside, the act of killing for sport is atrocious. The kinds of people with this mentality are the ones dragging down and destroying the WHOLE planet, poisoning it kill by kill and infecting vulnerable and impressionable others to think they are "cool". They don't give a Sh#t about other life forms or this world.

How much have you donated in the last 10 years to wild life conservation?

Where do you think the majority of money comes from to save wild animals?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
OH you mean the ones paid for secretly by cow, pig and chicken magnates! :-)

No, I mean ones like in the American Journal for Clinical Nutrition meta-survey which shows there is no appreicable difference in diet between vegetarians and non-vegetarians. If humans were meant to be strictly vegetarians our physiology would be quite different.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent

Whilst i agree with alot you say you might be interested to know this-

In the wild, giraffes have also been seen to eat weaver-bird nests with young inside, and may chew on bones, perhaps to gain additional minerals.

Link-www.wickedgiraffe.com...

And as we know a giraffe is considered to be exclusively herbivore.

Also your words come across as very passive aggressive,we all have our different viewpoints and each should be respected.

Regards to all

I don't personally CARE what any animal eats, i think humans do not have to eat something because other creatures do.
I disagree with you there for sure. There are many many many viewpoints i do not respect in the least. What would a person be if they respected all viewpoints? Hitler? Sociopaths? where do you draw your line.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Are humans not animals?viewpoints are just that viewpoints,i dont think it was hitlers viewpoints that people had a major problem with,it was his actions.Take the leader of iran as an example,he wants israel erased from the memory of time or something along those lines,he can say what he pleases as this is just his viewpoint,but when and if he decides to put his viewpoints into action that is when it all changes.

No need for the hostility.

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by I See You

This is all I have to say to you:

When all the trees have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover that you cannot eat money.

Recognize it? It's in your signature!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join