It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giraffes gunned down for family holiday 'fun'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildapache
reply to post by ahamarlin

well like I said in my first post i use to eat dog meat when I was back home.So I guess you probably hate me for that,and if you do then you are worst than the family in the OP.Animals life is not equal to humans life.

I would kill and eat a dog.
If I was literally starving from hunger. But I am smart. When I am hungry I go to the supermarket I can get tons of food items. Veggies everywhere I look! But wait, I have a better idea: grow them yourself! For free!

I don't hate you. I would hate (and stop) you if I saw you today hurting a dog.

This is 2012. Look around: the world is going down, we must change our attitude.
Stop killing people, stop killing animals, stop living the way we do.
Educate yourself.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hard to see the point really .... it's not as if hitting such a huge target would even be difficult. So they don't even get points for good shooting.

I can only imagine the guy has got a very small penis or something and this makes him feel like a real man.

Suggestion, why don't they have safaris for these folk where they hunt each other and can shoot at another hunter. They can bring that head back on a stick if they want .... they would get massive points for that.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Wow, I mean wow, that's awesome. Star my friend. Really.... will that family be upset when their heads are sold to the highest bidder of $100,000, in the hunting sweepstakes voted by the people, kinda in a way reminds me of the movie, Death Race, it's the concept.... Jerks, in no way is that humane, blachhh.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I'm a hunter and love the sport....I take my trophies and eat the meat. How many animals are slaughtered every day for you? Just because they were not hunted does not make it right...How many cattle,chickens,turkey's..etc...? How can some of you say such bad things about hunting when you're just as bad when you go to the grocery store for your meat? Hypocrites...

I don't eat animals or use animal products, the whole human race needs to grow. we can move forward if people would just stop wanting to say," yeah we are animals so why shouldn't we." generally people don't want to copy and live like animals so why do they use that excuse for torture and killing.

We are better when we don't torturer and enslave the creatures around us. Eating veggies is healthier too.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildapache
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

I understand your point.Mine is that it shouldnt be something to be outraged at.Countless time I have seen catslay with a mouse,kill it,leave right there and move on to its activities.You are making a big deal outta something that shouldnt be.Some people go fishing for fun.Do you think fishes really want to be captured then released?

Saw a cat lick its butt clean too what is your point?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Eating Animals for food is NOT a crime against nature, in fact it makes it all work.

Hunting animals rather than breeding them isnt much different at all, a dead animal killed humanly from a gun is no different from a humanly killed animal from an abattoir.

No animal should be hunted purly for fun, "well what animals are 'okay to kill?'" techinicly it doesnt matter, an animal is an animal, however if its tastes bad or its meat going to be wasted - just leave it alone!

edit on 17-1-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I got to feed the giraffes at the St. Louis Zoo, they were careful, dainty in taking the food from my hands, they knew enough to not hurt me.

Anyone that hurts a giraffee is cruel and souless.

Why in the heck can humanity not respect the other inhabitants on this planet?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Arrogance, greed, short sightedness, ignorance, child greed, money, on and on it goes.............what goes around comes around..............wait and see.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Sad.

Read my ATS name.

Not all "humans" are truly humans...........they are ? wearing human skins.

Yes I have been up personal an close with these "animals" and they are gentle, respectful and not deserving of such a end...........but most of you reading this don't really care enough to unit and rebel.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I agree 100% But I'm into what I do I am good at what I do, If I dont think I can take the beast cleanly with a single arrow I will not make the shot. If I'm on to hand crafting bows and arrows it' pretty safe to assume I know what I'm doing.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
now this is hunting:

you gotta love the high fives after being 1/10 of second from certain death.

that's worthy of a hunt. you gotta respect that regardless of your views on hunting. 1 in 100,000 wouldn't have the balls to stare down a charging lion without freezing up regardless of what weapon they had in their hands.

edit on 17-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is disgusting, killing a giraffe an innocent plant eating giraffe. I have heard of hunting deer but killing a way more beautiful giant giraffe? This caused a very great anger inside of myself looking at these phot

Why do British hunt giraffee?
edit on 17-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
[moreu
Very very sad,, Evolution has obviously skipped this group of "cave dwellers".

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
God, what a bunch of eunuchs.

The only reason that there are any animals left in Africa, is becuase the locals can actually make money from hunting tourism. Without the tourists, they would have wiped them out a long time ago.

The fact is that hunters and fishermen are responsible for all effective wildlife and environmental protection.

So get a clue.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

That's because it works like this;

Humans>Fauna>Flora

By the way, fruit and vegetable bearing plants feel pain and know terror too. I hope you think about that next time you kill those innocent tomatoes.
edit on 17/1/12 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
gotta love the self righteous members..

I think it's wrong to kill animals if you're not going to eat them, Killing them for pleasure and sport is sick and twisted imo.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Leave THE Giraffes ALONE!
That is really just sicking i hope Karma slaps the family no offense .
edit on 18-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
now this is hunting:

You're sick.

Beautiful, fearless animal killed for fun.

Have those slimy humans nothing better to add to the world?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Maybe these familes have been brainwashed by THIS

Sad to see such gentle giants gunned down.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

How right you are.

I vowed for one of my New Year's resolutions to go as vegetarian as I could after re-reading Matthew Scully's book, "Dominion The Power of Man, the Suffering of Animals, and the Call to Mercy".

We as a whole, for we are all interconnected, find ourselves at a very important junction or fork in the road if you will.

We as a whole must, if our planet, her other inhabitants and ourselves as a species are to survive must grow up.

When you are a child, you come into the world only thinking of your own needs and pleasure. A child starts out a very selfish being.

As you grow and mature, you begin to see that you must expand your awareness and begin to learn and to care not only for your own self but for those around you.

Some mature to the point where that compassion grows and extends to everyone and everything. These people are special for they have the wisdom to see that we all, every single living creature are part of a grand whole.

Some people never quite grow up, never quite mature beyond their childish ways. These, in my opinion are service to self people. Those who think only of themselves with no empathy for either their fellow man or the other critters we share this beautiful blue marble with. These people and their greed and thoughtlessness dictate their immature and selfish actions.

Most people want to be decent and kind.

Folks, we cannot keep going the way we are going.

We need to grow up and fast.

If you are hungry and need meat (I have found hundreds of products now that do not contain meat but taste every bit as good - Morning Star is one brand, their ribetts are every bit as good as real ribs).

So many people that come on these chat boards simply do not sit down and read anymore.

If there is one book every hunter out there needs to read please consider "Dominion" by Matthew Scully. This is a phenomenal book that might open your eyes and reach your soul (if you have one).

This one book

is a powerful, ground breaking statement on the obligation we owe these creaturesover which we have dominion-at once conservative and humane, religiously grounded and scientifically sound. Matthew Scully redefines an issue once relegated to teh fringe, so that our treatment of animals becomes a measure of our humanity. Source: back of book

If you are in need of food and hungry, starving - that is one thing.

But, if you take down any living being for "sport" or participate say in going to watch a bull fight, a dog fight, a cock fight - you seriously need to (again in my own humble opinion) need to rethink what you classify as fun.

A true human is humane.

To me, a real "man" is one that is all powerful, but chooses to be merciful, kind and a gentle man.

We are at a crossroads folks - and either we as a species grow up or possibly witness us going down a very dark and sad road.

Hunting for sport is sick on so many levels.

It is the act of a truly selfish, childish and sick soul.

“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.” - Dalai Lama

” If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” - Dalai Lama

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
now this is hunting:

you gotta love the high fives after being 1/10 of second from certain death.

that's worthy of a hunt. you gotta respect that regardless of your views on hunting. 1 in 100,000 wouldn't have the balls to stare down a charging lion without freezing up regardless of what weapon they had in their hands.

edit on 17-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

What a sickening cowards.
This is no self defense.This is provoking a wild predator to attack. Then shoot it with 3 people.
Why? To hang the stuffed corps on a wall and have a pathetic story to tell in the pub: ego-tripping imbeciles.
This is no hunting. These people are no hunters. This is destroying the worlds wonders.

(native) people hunting an animal and use every bit of the animal for food, clothing,medicine, rituals etc: those are the true hunters. They have my respect.
The people in the video shooting a lion, or the retarded parents of the family shooting a giraffe: they are low life and belong in jail.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join