It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giraffes gunned down for family holiday 'fun'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

One question then

Is hunting and eating humans ok with you? We know the tribes in the amazon and different forests that eat human meat for rituals and other things...Humans are animals too so you must think that eating humans is ok since we're animals too.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Even animals try to avoid cannibalism.....
Just saying...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spaceg0at

i have never seen anything like that thank you very much for posting that! I didnt think any animal used its head like a club like that and it seemed that they each had a different plan and area of attack

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wildapache

I never said i wouldnt kill an animal to feed my family?i have and would do again.
But i will never kill an animal just for fun,just because i got the dollars to do so.
If natives want to shoot the animals for food,fair play,but these people are not doing it to feed others or themselves,they are doing it to feed there egos.
There is no sport to be had in shooting a giraffe.

Regards to all

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
id need one damn tall celing in my house to frame a girraffe neck and head plaque, so on that premise alone hunting them sounds totally stupid.

The fact that are just big horses and that eat leaves, hardly a prize kill..... Leave em alone already!

edit on 17-1-2012 by Biigs because: horric typing

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well I don't hunt, the only thing I've ever killed with a gun was a rabbit and I thought I was going to throw up afterwards. But hey, hunting is legal and giraffes aren't exactly an endangered species. I don't really see why it's any different than someone hunting a deer, antelope, bear, etc. I wouldn't do it unless I was starving and it was the only food source available, but I don't begrudge those that do. Likewise I'd rather not hear from a PETA rep every time I sit down to enjoy a good steak or go for a ride with my leather jacket on

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
Inhumane acts like this are becoming more and more frequent.

Not a good sign.

Wtf is wrong with humanity!?

I'd like to 'hunt' this family. My walls could do with some decorations.

People who do these things are looked up to. Look at Sarah Palin and her hunting Bear and wolf hunting from helicopters. Killing for the sport of it makes you appear strong when in reality it is weak since you are not facing the animal on anywhere a level playing field so what is the sport of it. If they were not animals it would be called murder.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
id need one damn tall celing in my house to frame a girraffe neck and head plaque, so on that premise alone hunting them sounds totally stupid.

The fact that are just big horses and that eat leaves, hardly a prize kill..... Leave em alone already!

edit on 17-1-2012 by Biigs because: horric typing

You might be wrong about that...
"At least six distinct species of giraffe, the world's tallest land animal, may be in existence and some of them are critically endangered, scientists in the United States and Kenya have found."

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by FeatheredSerpent
Opened up my paper this morning and came across this-

A FAMILY poses for a happy holiday snap - standing proudly beside the giraffe they have just shot dead for sport. Tourists like these are paying tens of thousands of pounds to legally hunt giraffe, the elegant, gentle giants of the animal kingdom. Many take the animals' heads home as a sick trophy of their African "adventure".

Link-www.thesun.co.uk...

They call shooting these gentle giants hunting?disgraceful!and then they pose for pictures with the dead animal

Ive handfed these with my children at the local zoo,will be an experience i will never forget.

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

Seems like you are imposing your feelings and experiences on a wild animal.

You may not hunt them, but obviously some people do.

You fed "food" to a trained animal at zoo, that in its self I consider to be an atrocity as I do not believe such a beautiful creature belongs behind bars for your amusement.

So the question comes down to:

1. Is killing a free range animal for food/trophy as I am sure the meat didn't go to waste, either the hunter took it or the natives did.

2. Or feeding an animal food kept behind bars for your amusement?

In my opinion both are equally disgusting. Keeping any creature prisoner so you can look at it and say ahhh is sick. Killing any creature for pleasure and to cut off a head or foot or a horn to save and watch on your wall or floor is sick and disgusting and if we allow it humans should be trophy bait as well and food too.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by jude11
A prime example of not having their priorities straight:

Rhino and other animals have been saved through conservation and the most money for conservation is generated from hunting."

I've heard that some will pay up to $100,000 to hunt humans. Maybe that's what should happen to these hunters. Put them in the scope of a rifle.

That will generate enough to help protect the innocent and helpless animals and rid the World of scum like these "Humans."

edit on 17-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Humans do hunt humans.

For much less than 100,000.00 even. Often they will rob you of your wallet that has just a few dollars in it. You might even get luck and they don't kill you and your friend that is with you...

Fine why don't we set this up as legal for trophies level the field. No weapon maybe a knife against a gun...as the animals have no weapon in most cases they can only run and try to escape,

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

I understand your point.Mine is that it shouldnt be something to be outraged at.Countless time I have seen catslay with a mouse,kill it,leave right there and move on to its activities.You are making a big deal outta something that shouldnt be.Some people go fishing for fun.Do you think fishes really want to be captured then released?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
I could give a s#it if the animal was eaten afterwards or not. Did they need to kill it? Was it a matter of survival? Of course not! The disgraceful people travelled all the way to Africa in order to kill a Giraffe purely for their enjoyment. It's their intent that makes them more of an animal, deserving of punishment -- more than that Giraffe -- and they'll pay for it in this life or the next. No escaping Karma.

My sister was friends with a woman once, her husband built a special huge room in their house for his Trophies. Every year he went somewhere and killed some big animal he spent thousand and thousands he shipped the parts back, made into things for his "Trophy Room"like he had an elephant leg that was a floor ashtray.

His wife was nauseated to go into the room so would not clean it and finally left him because of the hunting. Body parts for and ashtray it makes me cry.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Shooting a giraffe is the result of having no respect for life, at all.
Shooting any animal other then self defense, eating it or putting a wounded animal out of misery is just a lack of respect for life on this earth. Also it shows a narrow minded, sadistic, arrogant and underdeveloped state of mind of the people who pull the trigger or work in this kind of industry. (I don't call them hunters, their NOT hunters)

The cruelty, ego and insane trophy madness involved in this kind of behavior is not noticed by the people who do this.
All they care about is their adrenalin rush, superior feeling and another head on the wall.

Personally, its extreme difficult for me not to feel a blind hate against people who kick a dog, kill a whale, hit a cat or shoot a giraffe....This world can be a amazing place for anybody and everything living on it. It all start with respect.

And yes for all you critics, I am a vegetarian.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
Hunting is definitely not for everyone. People derive pleasure and fulfillment from many endeavors. To each their own right?

Let's not be so judgmental about what hunters do. Killing is only natural here on planet Earth. Animals are a natural resource which are a benefit to many when their consumption is regulated. The article mentions the regulations in South Africa. As for rampant poaching for profit throughout the rest of Africa, well that's not hunting that's a business.

So, let's make ourselves physically ill over what humans are doing to other humans, not the idea that some people enjoy killing--(wild animals).
edit on 17/1/12 by Darce because: (no reason given)

OH YEAH...but what happens when there is a report that a human was mauled and killed by an animal?
Even when it was protecting its own young it is vilified and hunted down and slaughtered and people are hateful of every bear or wolves or whatever it was after it happens and it is so rare!
They even kill bear or mountain lions because they came close to our homes or ate some garbage!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

yeah but id much rather be trying to shoot a giraffe and have it get angry then a buffalo down in hotsprings montana last year a german tried just walking up to a buffalo to take its photos well the buffalo was highly offended by his presence and the poor german thought it was a large cow and didnt take proper precautions so he was gored to death infront of his family (and they didnt kill the buffalo for doing it)if your gonna hunt something for "sport" make sure its something that has at least a 40-50% chance of killing you but in all fairness if nature does it we should be able to do it too www.youtube.com... i guess that was the first time they ever managed to capture lions hunting a giraffe on camera long (7 minute video) but still kinda interesting feel kinda bad for dudes kids though they seemed upset

Yes you are right...if a hog can wallow why can't we?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf

There is no sport what so ever in rifle hunting. Its easy too easy, I've moved onto hand crafting my own arrows for my hand crafted bow.

So then you know how many animals are out there wounded by hunters that didn't die where they could find them running with an arrow in them nice..., and many became problems that have to be dealt with by someone else.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Well I found vegetabe pretty disgusting but its your choice and I respect that.But yeah you damn right on one thing.:An animal life means absolutely nothing tkko me.But I have a lot lot of respect for human life.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm a hunter and love the sport....I take my trophies and eat the meat. How many animals are slaughtered every day for you? Just because they were not hunted does not make it right...How many cattle,chickens,turkey's..etc...? How can some of you say such bad things about hunting when you're just as bad when you go to the grocery store for your meat? Hypocrites...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

well like I said in my first post i use to eat dog meat when I was back home.So I guess you probably hate me for that,and if you do then you are worst than the family in the OP.Animals life is not equal to humans life.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

if you eat meat or support the meat industry in any way you are a hypocrite.

just because a giraffe is prettier or more "elegant" doesn't make the the principle any different.

edit:

Originally posted by I See You
I'm a hunter and love the sport....I take my trophies and eat the meat. How many animals are slaughtered every day for you? Just because they were not hunted does not make it right...How many cattle,chickens,turkey's..etc...? How can some of you say such bad things about hunting when you're just as bad when you go to the grocery store for your meat? Hypocrites...

i don't care for hunting and i have been a vegetarian my whole life but.. EXACTLY.
edit on 1/17/2012 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join