It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giraffes gunned down for family holiday 'fun'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
*WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEOS*

Link-www.youtube.com...

This video is a prime example of why the giraffe is not sporting quarry.

ETA-Another just to get the point across

Link-www.youtube.com...

Regards to all
edit on 30/09/10 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I've heard that giraffe tastes like chicken.

But seriously, Giraffe hunting is stupid.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
When humans lose respect for animals, the next step is humans losing respect for one another. Once that happens, there become no distinction between killing animals and killing humans. Human life will become worthless, and the mass wholesale slaughter of any particular animal will be commonplace.

Why do you think so many dictators view their people as cattle? Because we've done this to ourselves.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by remyrange

I've heard that giraffe tastes like chicken.

I've heard that everything you haven't ate before tastes like chicken. Of course that's just an urban legend.
I believed it once and tried frog legs and they taste like fish, salty.

I hunt and I love it.
I wouldn't hunt a giraffe though. I hunt rabbits and various birds, maybe wild boar.
Deer and moose I've never hunted but I would.

The rest is untouchable in this sense to me.
I eat everything I hunt. I couldn't eat a girraffe.
Like another poster said, It's not like the girraffe is going to run away. It's not like the animal is hiding.
It's there eating away in peace and gets shot easily because they're not built to be hunted.
I think an animal like the girraffe being the tallest in the world and so beutiful, clearly seen from a mile away, should not be hunted and anyone who says other wise is one sick puppy.

The main thrill from the hunt is everything else but killing the animal.
I don't understand people some times.

Now......if you let me loose on a pig sty, I'd make bacon out of the lot of them (all jokes).

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sad thing is I wonder how many people clicked this article because they wanted to see a video of this family hunting the Giraffe.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

[color=E8E007]“Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game.”

Paul Rodriguez. . . ◄☻►

edit on 1/17/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
A prime example of not having their priorities straight:

Rhino and other animals have been saved through conservation and the most money for conservation is generated from hunting."

I've heard that some will pay up to $100,000 to hunt humans. Maybe that's what should happen to these hunters. Put them in the scope of a rifle.

That will generate enough to help protect the innocent and helpless animals and rid the World of scum like these "Humans."

no, the price went up. it's now $175,000. with continental breakfast.

edit on 17-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

morbid, I'm not sure what the sport is to be honest.
Something has gone quite wrong with the human mind.

-GM

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomthoughts12
Sad thing is I wonder how many people clicked this article because they wanted to see a video of this family hunting the Giraffe.
I'm not watching anything like that, people who kill for fun absolutley disgust me. We're not the only species on this planet with rights.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

After watching this...I became physically ill...literally...I vomited. I just do not understand the mind set of people who enjoy this type of activity.

Giraffes are such beautiful creatures. My heart goes out to them.

edit on 17-1-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't understand why people do this either. I personally wouldn't pay for this type of "sport."

That being said, people go on safari to private lands and hunt private game. These animals, in many cases, live safer and more freely than they would in the wild. Additionally many species have made recoveries because they are bred for sport hunting on private reserves.

There is, strangely enough, a good side to hunting Africa's private reserves.

Anyone interested in this topic should check out topdocumentaryfilms.com...

This documentary from Louis Theroux does a great job of explaining this. Watch it!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

"There will always be emotion from people who are not hunters when they see dead animals, but these are very regulated practises. Rhino and other animals have been saved through conservation and the most money for conservation is generated from hunting."

Simple as that. Hunters are the best conservationists. They care about the animals they kill more than you would understand. When your only interactions with nature and animals are at the grocery store and the zoo, you'll get an unnatural perspective of reality.

Little girl with the tan bow in her hair seems to be having fun. I don't understand how you can demonize that.

We have to kill to survive, herbivores are food for omnivores and carnivores. Apparently giraffe is food too. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I support hunters to some degree, such as Ted Nugent, who reveres animals and uses every part of every animal he gets. But these people aren't surviving, and giraffes are slow moving, very large animals. What would then be the motivation in killing an animal that can't run away, can't defend itself, and was most likely just standing there eating?

We're not talking about a family that NEEDS to do this. We're talking about a family who proudly stand with a giraffe they mowed down with little to no effort, not for survival, but for some strange form of entertainment. I'd rather read a good book if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hunting is definitely not for everyone. People derive pleasure and fulfillment from many endeavors. To each their own right?

Let's not be so judgmental about what hunters do. Killing is only natural here on planet Earth. Animals are a natural resource which are a benefit to many when their consumption is regulated. The article mentions the regulations in South Africa. As for rampant poaching for profit throughout the rest of Africa, well that's not hunting that's a business.

So, let's make ourselves physically ill over what humans are doing to other humans, not the idea that some people enjoy killing--(wild animals).
edit on 17/1/12 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

yeah but id much rather be trying to shoot a giraffe and have it get angry then a buffalo down in hotsprings montana last year a german tried just walking up to a buffalo to take its photos well the buffalo was highly offended by his presence and the poor german thought it was a large cow and didnt take proper precautions so he was gored to death infront of his family (and they didnt kill the buffalo for doing it)if your gonna hunt something for "sport" make sure its something that has at least a 40-50% chance of killing you but in all fairness if nature does it we should be able to do it too www.youtube.com... i guess that was the first time they ever managed to capture lions hunting a giraffe on camera long (7 minute video) but still kinda interesting feel kinda bad for dudes kids though they seemed upset

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

most i ever got paid for "hunting humans" was $5000 (i am new to bounty hunting,NOT a bail bondsman though) but we arent suposed to shoot them just track them down and return them to the jail for fleeing but if people want to "hunt humans" thats about as close as you can get legaly with out joining the military or other such organization so if their are people out hunting humans to actualy hunt them i think those would be people that would worry me as opposed to people who hunt animals (unless dick Cheney is around then im leaving)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

There is no sport what so ever in rifle hunting. Its easy too easy, I've moved onto hand crafting my own arrows for my hand crafted bow.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
" when giraffes attack " new FOX series in the works

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This family must be kin to the Palin's!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Listen I am so sick and tired of hearing this.You wanna know something,in my country somewhere in west africa,some ethnies eat dogs some cats some horses and I can go on and yes I have tasted most of them.I know you are thinking how outrageous this is.But you have everything so easy(yes you live in paradise compare to some of my people) you often forget that these are just animals just like cows chickens.so either it is for sport for fun or for food,stop acting like you won't gun down a giraffe to feed your family if needed.If all the money some people put on their pets,they give it to hungry children ,charities,the world will be a better place.stop worrying about a giraffe getting gunned down for fun.look in your neighborhood you will see someone you can help better than that giraffe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join