It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My questions: Where was primeval atom located? How fast are we travling away from that location?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Okay, I am still having trouble in understanding how perception of time and time dilation connect other than in an analogy?

I fully understand if I have a few beers while watching a Sunday football game the more I drink the faster the game whizzes by because the more I drink the lower my IQ becomes thus my ability to comprehend time passing, but I know that I am still traveling at... well this will explain www.astrosociety.org... I still have that link in my files I swiped off a post on History way back when.

PS I have a pic of a knitted hamburger titled "food for thelastprophet527" from the old H days too. I may need to clean my files out. I'm slowly realizing that I am becoming a hoarder of bites and bites of pure junk.

edit on 18-1-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by nii900

What are you doing? What does any of that have to do with the price of tea in China?

It must be lil nephew.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
My point is that time is a matter of perception and is relative. There is a good line from a Star Trek movie in which Data says he considered the Borg Queens offer for a moment. Picard asks...how long of a moment? Data answers .4 seconds...a Life Time for an Android. This is the heart of what i am getting at.
Split Infinity

I have to disagree with you here... respectfully.

Of course it's true that humans have different perceptions of the passage of time but that perception is subjective. There are occasions when we percieve time as being dialated or compressed but the passage of time as measured by an atomic clock is objective. The atomic clocks "perception" never changes but is affected by velocity and distance from an observer. As an object moves through space it is also moving through time. It's more precise to say that Space and Time are intertwined and inseperable.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Split & Blarney

How does the the differentials in comprehending frames of time, or even the storage of data in storing frames of time correlate with time dilation beyond being used in an analogy?

If one runs an ordinary movie camera at its designed speed, real time, or lets say running it at a time elapse speed, it will capture less frames per minute, less information, than a high speed film reel camera in the same duration of time, but time has mechanically run at the same rate based on how fast the Earth is moving through space.

Here is what I am talking about when I am talking about high speed reel cinematography.

Then compare that to time elapse

Time is the constant based on the Earth's velocity explained in the link in an above post I posted to split already www.astrosociety.org...

That is our average orbital speed is around 30,000 mph around the sun.

The sun orbits around the center of our galaxy at approximately 485,415 mph

Current consensus is that the Milky Way is accelerating through space and is presently traveling through space around 1,234,789 mph

Add everything up and you come to a grand total of 1,750,204 mph.

That sets our mechanical rate of time too. Actual time should be slowing for us compared to years past as we are accelerating. How we record or acknowledge time does not affect mechanical time.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Big Bang theory is based upon the assumption that something can come from nothing and violate the laws of conservation of energy.

So either science must admit this law is breakable, or science must admit there is another dimension that exist just past the fabric of space that stores more energy than exists in our universe (10e120 joules/meter cubed).

If this quantum dimension exists then we can consider our minds to be the center of the universe and all our minds are connected through this dimension because all of space originates from the same place.

edit on 18-1-2012 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by consciousgod

Scientists already admit that the known laws of physics break down at the moments before the Big Bang. The already admit that a singularity (infinite density) does no obey physics as we know it.

That doesn't mean there was no big bang. It just means we don't have the physics to describe it, because the laws of physics may have been so different prior to the big bang.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by consciousgod

Scientists already admit that the known laws of physics break down at the moments before the Big Bang. The already admit that a singularity (infinite density) does no obey physics as we know it.

That doesn't mean there was no big bang. It just means we don't have the physics to describe it, because the laws of physics may have been so different prior to the big bang.

Then their must be a second and third dimension of time.

What happens on the quantum level when the grainy fabric of space gets a hole knocked in it.

How can humans knock a hole in it? By smashing protons. Who is smashing protons? CERN.

Where is the extra energy coming from in their tests that was identified last year? The same singularity that exists during the big bang.

What happens if they knock too big a hole in it.

BANG.

We all meet our ancestors in the quantum world.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Not to be harsh but most if not all your answers can be found by using a little tool we like to call "google", after all that is what most people here will use to find those answers for you.

What a constructive reply! I wish we had more people participating on the forum like you

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

My point is that time is a matter of perception and is relative. There is a good line from a Star Trek movie in which Data says he considered the Borg Queens offer for a moment. Picard asks...how long of a moment? Data answers .4 seconds...a Life Time for an Android. This is the heart of what i am getting at.
Split Infinity

I have to disagree with you here... respectfully.

Of course it's true that humans have different perceptions of the passage of time but that perception is subjective. There are occasions when we percieve time as being dialated or compressed but the passage of time as measured by an atomic clock is objective. The atomic clocks "perception" never changes but is affected by velocity and distance from an observer. As an object moves through space it is also moving through time. It's more precise to say that Space and Time are intertwined and inseperable.

I am fully aware of Time Dialation and how we placed two atomic clocks synced up one orbiting the planet and one on Earth and how when the one in space came back to earth it's clock was slightly behind the clock on Earth thus Velocity and distance traveled away from any Gravity well will show Time Dilation...this also happens to our Satelittes for GPS as they have to be constantly time reset due to Time Dialation. What I am talking about may seem to be a different topic but I am trying to convey a very difficult concept so bear with me...Continued.....Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Continued...You see that Time as it is applicable in a Time Dialation experiment shows that the Laws of Physics as well as Quantum Laws are being effected in that lets take an Electron orbit or wave state is mesurably occuring in both the shuttle clock as well as the Earth bound clock at their normal states of minimums and maximums...but once compared...they are both at different states. If you brought up an isotoped and mesured neutron decay....more decay would occur in the isotopes on Earth during the mesured time upon Earth...yet less on the shuttle because less time has passed because of the shuttles distance from the gravity well as well as velocity. This is one proof that time is relative but not the only proof.

Time is not only relative to physical action but is also relative to BRAIN PERCEPTION. These things are interconnective in a quantum state where quantum particles are sharing positions of other possible quantum particles dependent of Divergent Universal States.....continued... Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by mileysubet

Not to be harsh but most if not all your answers can be found by using a little tool we like to call "google", after all that is what most people here will use to find those answers for you.

What a constructive reply! I wish we had more people participating on the forum like you

Really? Since when did condescending drool become so cool?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Continued...You see that Time as it is applicable in a Time Dialation experiment shows that the Laws of Physics as well as Quantum Laws are being effected in that lets take an Electron orbit or wave state is mesurably occuring in both the shuttle clock as well as the Earth bound clock at their normal states of minimums and maximums...but once compared...they are both at different states. If you brought up an isotoped and mesured neutron decay....more decay would occur in the isotopes on Earth during the mesured time upon Earth...yet less on the shuttle because less time has passed because of the shuttles distance from the gravity well as well as velocity. This is one proof that time is relative but not the only proof.

Time is not only relative to physical action but is also relative to BRAIN PERCEPTION. These things are interconnective in a quantum state where quantum particles are sharing positions of other possible quantum particles dependent of Divergent Universal States.....continued... Split Infinity

The old E = mc2 strikes again.

So do you think gravity could be tied to motion in some way?

edit on 18-1-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: of that sneaky [ / q u o t e ] that can be lurking below where I am writing ensnaring my reply within the quote box... So uncool.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

The old E = mc2 strikes again.

So do you think gravity could be tied to motion in some way?

edit on 18-1-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: of that sneaky [ / q u o t e ] that can be lurking below where I am writing ensnaring my reply within the quote box... So uncool.

It seems that Gravity is Space/Time geometry since no one has discovered the Higgs-Boson particle or a Graviton as they are unlikely to exist....but what we are not looking at is our Universal Constants being part of a much larger system...a Multiverse and that Quantum particles are interconnective to this Multiversal system. Thus...our Space/Time geometry is also interconnective. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

So it is geometry at the heart of all this.

Now I'm curious...

Ummmm What do you think would be the result if you place an atomic clock inside a centrifuge? Would the Gs generated by the centrifuge cause the atomic clock to slow as mass does?

I'm thinking this scale centrifuge upload.wikimedia.org...

WoW I just discovered some are lil enough upload.wikimedia.org... to place in a centrifuge on this scale upload.wikimedia.org...
I lovz learning about new stuff

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

So it is geometry at the heart of all this.

Now I'm curious...

Ummmm What do you think would be the result if you place an atomic clock inside a centrifuge? Would the Gs generated by the centrifuge cause the atomic clock to slow as mass does?

I'm thinking this scale centrifuge upload.wikimedia.org...

WoW I just discovered some are lil enough upload.wikimedia.org... to place in a centrifuge on this scale upload.wikimedia.org...
I lovz learning about new stuff

For there to be a mesurable change in time as far as time dialation...you need not only velocity but distance away from a Gravity well. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I'm thinking as G1 being a consent at and near sea level the experiment could be ran here on Earth. Run the centrifuge for a week or more if need be at 15 G's. The big one is designed for 15 I think.

I'm looking on the internet and no one seems to have ever ran such an experiment. Maybe the obvious has been overlooked in this case, ya think?
edit on 19-1-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: I think it has been overlooked...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
PS

I found a source that says

A 50-foot horizontal arm spun at 48 times a minute, rpm, produces a velocity of 173 m.p.h, that generates 4.0 Gs

I am math challenged so I don't know the equation to find the velocity of 15 Gs

Thing is I bet an arrangement of the main specs could generate an orbital velocity.

Check this experiment plan www.sciencechatforum.com... It's still well within Earth's gravitational field relative to deep space. Same with GPS satellites. So an experiment with enough Gs and vorticity with the right designed centrifuge in a G1 field could be conducted I believe. If not where am I wrong?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

The facor you leave out is the distance away from the Earht gravity well. SplitInfinity

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
PS PS

Split, do you think time speeds could be layered in the topography of the fabric of space like winds aloft? Wind speed increasing as elevation increases. Mind you this is simply an analogy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join