It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection Experience or Just Sleep Paralysis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Last Wednesday I had stayed up through Thursday morning taking care of school stuff and progressed through my day Thursday. I decided to do more work through Thursday night into Friday morning. I went to sleep at 3:00 AM in the morning and I had to wake up at 6:10ish AM. I kept having sleep paralysis, where I'd wake up and be unable to move but out of the three times it happened, the last was quite interesting.

I was sleeping towards my wall but when I woke up it was glowing (the wall was beige and it was glowing like bright greenish/red). I could see out of the corner of my eye something, like a person just standing at the tip of my bed near my feet but off to the side where I couldn't see them. It looked almost like they had a tan trenchcoat or something. I felt a buzzing sensation but something else was kind of neat. It actually sounded like a lecture hall before class starts, with everyone talking. I couldn't hear any specific things but I could hear lots of voices. I tried closing my eyes but when it would feel that my eyes were closed I could still see my room. I tried calling out for someone in my apartment (it was unbeliavably hard) but I slowly came to after that. The intersting part is this figure though.I was afraid, granted (who wouldn't be when you're paralyzed), but I got the impression that this figure wasn't* malevolent if it wasn't just a figment of my mind.

Is this an astral projection experience, sleep paralysis only, sleep deprivation, a combination, or something that fits in the category of paranormal? I never really believed in this stuff till it happened like that but after this experience, I might change that.

Maybe someone, who's more knowledgable about this stuff, could help me figure out necessarily what happened.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Wrong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
When experiencing, WIGGLE your toes, so to 'tell' your brain, you still have movement/motion...
Once your brain realises that, force yourself to be able to move fully and go attack that farker

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
When you feel something grab your ankles and hold you back from heading off , then it is time to freak . Then you know for real your awake after that happens . Try to get back to sleep after that , not so easy to do .

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That buzzing sensation. sounds like Astral Projection to me.

It's a dangerous thing though. make sure your body is secure before going on an astral trip if not you might see them nasty entities standing beside and planning an attack on your unattended body.

edit on 16-1-2012 by PFCStryker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 98yekiM
When experiencing, WIGGLE your toes, so to 'tell' your brain, you still have movement/motion...
Once your brain realises that, force yourself to be able to move fully and go attack that farker

Whoops, I meant it wasn't maelovent (did two lab reports today). Another thing was that I was walking on the Oval one day and I thought I could hear someone say my name like right into my ear. I looked around but there was no one within range to have whispered it in my ear. Maybe I picked a friend up

@Watchdog - I tried going back to sleep. Wasn't very easy cause I was nervous about meeting something paranormal and getting @!!@ed over.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrong

Originally posted by 98yekiM

Whoops, I meant it wasn't maelovent (did two lab reports today). Another thing was that I was walking on the Oval one day and I thought I could hear someone say my name like right into my ear. I looked around but there was no one within range to have whispered it in my ear. Maybe I picked a friend up

If that was the first time you heard your name called , it will happen again . It picked you .
edit on 16-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog8110

If that was the first time you heard your name called , it will happen again .

It was like it was whispered into my ear. It was soft but I could tell it was defintely my name. No one was around to have whispred into my ear like that. No one walked by me and the cloeset person was 6-7 feet behind me with earphones in.

Do you mean by a disembodied voice or an a voice attached to a body? I'm sorry if I sound like a moron, you probably get oodles of these posts everyday.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrong

Originally posted by watchdog8110

If that was the first time you heard your name called , it will happen again .

It was like it was whispered into my ear. It was soft but I could tell it was defintely my name. No one was around to have whispred into my ear like that. No one walked by me and the cloeset person was 6-7 feet behind me with earphones in.

Do you mean by a disembodied voice or an a voice attached to a body? I'm sorry if I sound like a moron, you probably get oodles of these posts everyday.

Just a voice , thats all to start for some . Not an expert just relating an exp is all , so very similar . If it gets in your face , tell it to leave you alone or else ( add your own subjective wording here ) .

edit on 17-1-2012 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrong

You were astral projecting but you just did not separate your spirit from your body. You know when you are when you can "see out" of your closed eyelids. Its happened to me as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Buzzing sensation is an indicator. But like the last person said you must not have separated. When you start to feel that buzzing is when you can choose to separate.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
When you feel lifting up don't panic 'cause that will immediately throw you back in. When i started doing that i was kinda worried because I'm afraid that i might not make it back in which is not happening anyway.
but, i had a very bad experience with it so i decided not to do it again. not an expert too just a curious bystander at the time so i started taking mantras from this guy i know.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrong

In my experience you were near projection and the entity is more normal than not. I have encountered them, but mostly the ones that deal with me, won't allow themselves to be seen, or at least remembered for some reason. Yet I know they are there as they communicate.

A few weeks ago, I was separated and encountered a massive face of a monster which scared the crap out of me, causing me difficulty getting back into my body. As my wife told me later, she had a hard time getting me back as though I was not there. Now the funny part. The next night I talked to her about my experience and she pointed to the wall of the bedroom and to the large Aztec mask hanging there. I found my monster, which in the dark when in the astral glows kind of greenish.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
reply to post by Wrong

In my experience you were near projection and the entity is more normal than not. I have encountered them, but mostly the ones that deal with me, won't allow themselves to be seen, or at least remembered for some reason. Yet I know they are there as they communicate.

A few weeks ago, I was separated and encountered a massive face of a monster which scared the crap out of me, causing me difficulty getting back into my body. As my wife told me later, she had a hard time getting me back as though I was not there. Now the funny part. The next night I talked to her about my experience and she pointed to the wall of the bedroom and to the large Aztec mask hanging there. I found my monster, which in the dark when in the astral glows kind of greenish.

Interesting! As I pointed out, I did notice that my wall was glowing.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Sounds similar to what happened to me: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vrill
Sounds similar to what happened to me: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, except I was not worried about this thing standing near me. It was off to the side where I could barely see it but it looked like it was in a trenchcoat which makes zero sense. (I don't own any or have anything that resembles them). I also didn't feel a weight on my chest, just couldn't move myself. After this incident though, I have become more interested in the paranomal. Like I want to astral project know and see if I can meet some historical figure (is that how it works?) or learn something I can take back to our physical world.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrong

The buzzing is the etheric double, as Robert Bruce calls it, detaching from the physical body. Its the very beginning stages of AP, theres more to it then just that. The thing you saw in the trench coat probably was an entity of some sort. If you sensed no malevolence, there was none, as there is really no masking intentions in the Astral.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PFCStryker
That buzzing sensation. sounds like Astral Projection to me.

It's a dangerous thing though. make sure your body is secure before going on an astral trip if not you might see them nasty entities standing beside and planning an attack on your unattended body.

edit on 16-1-2012 by PFCStryker because: (no reason given)

Heres the thing... its either dangerous, or not dangerous, depending on whether an individual is in fear about it or not.

If the individual is scared out of their wits, that fear is going to be like a beacon to those entities who thrive on it.

If the individual is resolute that they are invulnerable, at the worst a few malevolent entities might posture and try to scare you, but if you are steadfast in your resolve, they lose interest exceedingly quickly and go elsewhere. Most will avoid you entirely.

"Your physical body is in danger if you are not in it" is bogus. Your physical will never be possessed, beaten up, moved around, or any other such nonsense by astral beings just because you are projecting. Ive never read one researcher on the subject, credible or otherwise, mention differently. I believe it was Muldoon (?) who SPECULATED that the body could be in danger, but thats been pretty solidly proven an unfounded speculation.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
you're experiencing hypnogogic hallucinations, nothing more. i get them too with and without sleep paralysis, though the buzzing seems to be unique to sleep paralysis.

auditory hallucinations are the most common. i've heard a woman singing, a sweet guitar solo, and classical piano before. often my pulse rate goes haywire when i enter sleep paralysis, it can be scary, so i choose to end it as soon as i become worried.

should you find yourself in such a state, the BEST way to get out of it is to control your breathing. your lungs are still under your control, and i find either increasing my breathing rate, or taking deep slow breaths usually breaks me out of the paralysis.

if anyone else experiences strange heart palpitations, i would like to hear about it. when i say "haywire" i mean extreme heart rate, and sometimes irregular.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join