It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Over 1000 students apply to change major to nuclear physics, engineering

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Coming just days after the assassination of Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan, Iranian students at Sharif University of Technology said, " they would be applying to change their majors to nuclear physics and engineering. "

Bet this is gonna rowl up Israel even further. Kill their scientists and voila, 1,000 more. Great plan. (Sarcasm)

Source

TEHRAN, Jan. 16 (MNA) – A number of students at the Sharif University of Technology have announced their readiness to work in the nuclear industry promising to rob the enemies of sleep, Mehrdad Bazrpash, an official at the university, said on Monday.

The news came five days after Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan, a graduate of Sharif university in chemical engineering and an official at the Natanz nuclear enrichment facility, was assassinated in Tehran.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
umm theres our ticket

quick! bomb the joint
if we dont they will grow up to kill us
quick! go! press the button!
PUSH THE BUTTON!!!!

(how dare they)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

There are some people who thought that after 4 assassinations the Iranian people would be bullied into giving up their nuclear program but it seems those who thought such things will not be happy with the result. The Iranians are saying they are not afraid of terrorism.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

So, are they going to be killing students now? What about kids that want to grow up and be a nuclear scientist? I think they did exactly the opposite of what was intended. Let's make the Nuclear scientists rock stars! Love it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
just think, they could be co-operating but instead they are conflicting. marvelous the human ego is.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Mossad is going to have a hard time killing all of them, methinks

Just goes to show that this interventionism is only going to create a more unified Iran, which is just going to get more good people on both sides killed when this insane conflict goes hot
edit on 16-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Just a case of Misguided Patriotism there ? Oh , I forgot , Only Americans can define themselves as Patriots to a Cause...........

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This is something that should be disturbing to all of us, as it will upset the balance of power in Iran.
If you look at the technical requirements for a viable nuclear weapons program and to make one, this is the way it has to go down, it would require those who specialize in 2 parts, one being the nuclear technologies, and the other part is the engineers to designe and put such together. Give it the monetary backing and there you have a weapons program.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

What?

Sorry dude, but this is nothing more than the Guard bullying and bossing around its academics.
I imagine many of them putting the boots into the students making sure they say what they need to say, study what they need to study and look happy.

Iranian people dont want war.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Daedal

So, are they going to be killing students now? What about kids that want to grow up and be a nuclear scientist? I think they did exactly the opposite of what was intended. Let's make the Nuclear scientists rock stars! Love it.

I certainly wouldn't want to aspire to be a nuclear scientist in Iran, that's for sure, And most certainly wouldn't recommend to my children. Doesn't seem like quite a good fit.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I was more pleased to see engineering than the displeasure of seeing nuclear physics.

Stars explode that's what they do. Leave them alone! Leave me alone!

Too bad someone couldn't invent an individual thought processor some of us could plug into for an education.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

What? The Guard bullying them around? Where do you get your information? I'm going to assume you're making assumptions, or do you have sources and facts to back that claim up?

I'm going to assume the Iranian people are sick and tired of being bullied by the west and Israel. These people are telling the world they are not afraid of terrorism. I think if Mossad keeps killing their Iranian scientists the Iranians peoples resolve will only get stronger.

Of course they do not want war. If Iran wanted to go to war with Israel or the US they would have done it by now. God knows Israel and the US have given Iran soooo many opportunities to engage in conflict but Iran has been steadfast in refusing to be made to go to war.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
Mossad is going to have a hard time killing all of them, methinks

Originally posted by stopmakingsense
quick! bomb the joint
if we dont they will grow up to kill us

^ ^ ^ Exactly the same pre-emtive mindset, excuse that
king Herod used; the Herodian's killed all the male babies
in Bethlehem to prevent the coming of the Messiah.
It didn't work , some things never change

edit on 17/1/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have friends of uni age in Tehran, while they are not being bullied them selves the both us agree without doubt that these students never actually wanted to change their lives and study a different cause.

Why would they? 6 months age i remember them telling me they were all just sitting around waiting for Israel these days.. they just want it over with they want their government gone too.. you think they like living under this pressure?
Look at the riots, the protests... Iran is full of YOUNG people, educated youth who love western technology, western perks. They want to live a happy life.

This is typical of the Iranian guard. To pressure people into 'pro' government protests' To enforce its people look happy and content and supportive like a north Korean at a military parade.

It is a pathetic attempt in its obviousness to believe that thousands of Iranian students suddenly and willing change their uni degrees to stand as one with the very government they are protesting against.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

So you have second hand information, granted you claim its from the area, but second hand none the less. So you can't just come in here and make such grandiose accusations. I will obviously agree the people are sick of Israel & western nations, they do not want war, and they want a new government. Guess what, the majority of the population would want that. The problem is those who in charge want war. We're sick of the damn politicians, dictators, emperors, bankers, CEO's, generals, whatever they call themselves.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

oh yeah i agree, they definately do.

but the young 18-24 average iranian student sure as hell doesnt give a flying fk

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

A good neighbor is one who doesn't meddle
but cleans his own house before attempting to
clean his neighbors house without permission.

edit on 17/1/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

It seems likely to me that they are not at all supportive of their government, but I could see people doing this not for their government but against the US/Israel. I probably know nothing, but I think it is possible

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There is a Great Plan in the Works. This Plan involves Detonating a Nuclear Device over a critical Point over the Earth's grid Network to cause shift in the earth's Kundalini. This plan will not succeed.
edit on 17-1-2012 by angrysniper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by superman2012

Just a case of Misguided Patriotism there ? Oh , I forgot , Only Americans can define themselves as Patriots to a Cause...........

I was being sarcastic, I hope every Iranian citizen goes back to university and becomes a Nuclear Physicist!
PS- Us Canadians can also have Patriotism.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join