It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation on WWIII, and What would YOU do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You know, this would be a really interesting thread if we had people willing to play all the major and minor players and interact it out. National interests aren't that hard to gather: Keep people of similar identity together, develop vital resources, protect national security, destabilize threats, but the interaction is the thing.

If you could get ten people to play major actors, it would be really interesting, especially since we have so many dark and mysterious minds here.

I've been thinking a lot about China in this regard. If I was playing as the Chinese, my concern would be about developing natural resources, regaining Taiwan, and ensuring energy supplies remain open.

I'd probably play both sides against the middle. I'll take cheap oil as long as Iran or anyone else will sell it, even offering to develop some resource. But I'd let the U.S. get their UN resolution in exchange for making sure our contracts were guaranteed and a push toward Chinese/Taiwanese reunification, offering to help keep an eye on North Korea.

I have to use soft power because the nations around me are already reaching out to the U.S. because of mistrust. I'd also look at doing development projects jointly with the Russians in Siberia.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I wrote a story once about how I'd start WWIII if I was Iran. In the story, the Iranians obtained radioactive materials and guidance from Pakistan. They then slipped the material into Syria, with the intent of delivering it to Tel Aviv. But when Mossad threatened to intercept the package, they blew up the nuclear device in the heart of Damascus.

As it developed, international blame was placed on Israel, who was actually innocent and kept some allies like the U.S. and UK, but most of the EU sat out, and in their own debt and deficits, this ended up being the final split between the continent and the UK. A closer German and French superstate including Benelux was envisioned and began to form as the European economies collapsed.

In the Middle East, however, Israel found herself under attack from Syria, Iran, and Egypt who jumped in the war, though Turkey surprisingly honored NATO bonds more than anything and moved into Syria but not toward the Israelis.

The Russians and Chinese remained cautiously neutral, watching as the Americans were drawn in, but demanded heavy concessions, in the Ukraine for Russia and in Taiwan for China.

With American operations increasing in Pakistan as it was understood the bomb originated there, the country there destabilized and went militant, prompting a hot war with India that would eventually go nuclear. India, Israel, and the U.S. found themselves becoming closer allies as the Arab world found itself quickly gravitating toward the Iranians, save for Turkey.

The interesting swerve is that Russia came in on the same side, using this as an excuse to increase their involvement in many of the breakaway republics from the USSR days, while working out better relationships with the German led European group, neutral from the US, UK alliance. Eastern Europe, however, came closer to the US, for fear of Russia and Germany ascendant.

Anyway, it went on, but it's fun to see how the individual actors make logical decisions that lead to unexpected outcomes.

<< 1   >>

join