It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation on WWIII, and What would YOU do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Tensions on the WWIII front are building.

US has is sending 12,000 troops to Libya and deploying troops in other strategic locations around Middle East relative to Iran.
There was that failed assasination attempt made on a diplomat on US soil.
US aircraft carrier groups are trolling around the straights of Hormuz.
UK is on the scene as well.
Russia has ships in the area and has warned that an attack on Tehran in Iran will be considered an attack on Moscow.
China is in the game too.
Isreal and Iran make ugly faces at each other with threatening sounds.
A nuclear scientist is car bombed/assasinated as claimed by Iranian authorities.
Does Iran have nuclear weapons?
Saudi Arabia says it's willing to make up for loss of oil productions in Iran due to sanctions, sanctions potentially also being code for 'war'.
There's a new leader in North Korea.
China's dumping buckets of money into Africa
The economic apocalypse continues to threaten in Europe and around the world.
Pakistan is not happy with the US right now, plus there's internal power stuggles going on between military and government there.
Guatamalan congressman Valentin Leal with his brother are shot and killed a day before the new goverment and President take office.
Thai police claim to have found large supplies of bomb-making materials after detention of suspect with Hezbolla connections

Most of these are all interconnected to some extent, quite a bit of it all seeming to point toward the next big war.

There's theories, speculations, and ideas about what's reported in MSM, and then there's also the conspiracy side of things.

In one of these debates, some claim that Iran assasinated it's own nuclear scientist to play victim, while others say the scientist was killed by Isreal, or US.
Whatever the case, there's some stink wafting around.

Regardless your bias on any of the issues, I propose you hang it up for a thought experiment.
Pretend YOU are one of the world leaders of one of these nations at play. What would YOU do?
From a speculative standpoint, looking at the big picture, trying to fit all the puzzle pieces together, what would Machiavelli do?

Who's involved where and what does each party have to gain/lose out of escalating a conflict?

For instance, China's been dumping lots of money into Africa, and working out it's own plans on the greater world stage, and if the US gets tied up in yet another war, well, it might give China some leeway and liberties where no one's really looking, and hey, they might even be able to snag back Taiwan in the bargain.

Look at the big picture sideways, backwards, and diagonal.
Aside from the obvious, ham-fisted, grade-school level quarterbacking assesments that US wants Iran's oil what are some of the sneakier, underhanded elements?

Does Iran have anything to gain by playing the victim card and losing a scientist? By playing victim on purpose do they get stronger support/protection from other nations like Russia? What does Russia have to gain from strengthened ties to Iran?

Examine the issue from all sides, even the ridiculous ones. Step back from your pet points and try looking at the bigger picture around the whole planet and what other things are going on.

If I wanted to do something sneaky, but illegal, I'd try orchestrating something to tie up law enforcement elsewhere while I sneak off a caper somewhere else.
In this situation, the US (and friends) are the cops.
If US and friends gets tied up, who elsewhere on the planet could exploit that dedication of resources?
As mentioned earlier, Tiawan has been a sore spot with China for a long time.
What will the new Kim in N. Korea do to prove his virillity and strength as the new mighty leader, especially if US is tied up with major hostilities with Iran?

Wouldn't it be fun to be the leader of China, or N Korea, or some other place where the US is a sore point, and covertly antagonize escalations through financing operations that would get US involved and tied up in dedicating, allocating, and moving military resources and attentions to a spotlight area like Iran?

Sure, it's highly speculative, but, how often are things really what they seem in the general media, or world politics?

Look at the bigger picture covering the whole planet, not just US/Isreal/Iran.

What would YOU do?
What would Machiavelli do?

That's the exercise. That's the thought experiment.
If you were in control, how sneaky could/would you be, and to what ends?
If you were the PTB and pulling the strings, how would you have current events play out?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What would Ron Paul do?

Line 2

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

What will RON PUAL DO?

That is the true question.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
While your comments about Dr. Paul are cute, the speculation regards current events now, not a year down the road when if/if-not Paul even gets to compete on a ticket

If you were in control last month, the leader of Iran, would you kill your own nuclear scientist and try framing it on Israel or US? If you were Israel, would you have plotted such and what are your reactions?
If you were China, Russia, N. Korea, or any nation around the planet, what cards would you be playing right now in the game, and where are you hiding the cheater cards, since in this game, everyone cheats?

edit on 16-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I like this idea (lifelong roleplayer and Model UN geek here) but there is one MAJOR flaw in the game. You haven't assigned a role. I have studied Machiavelli and a central tenant of his is that one must consider both their assets and liabilities.

Before I move my first pawn, I would need to know if I were looking at it from China's, the US's, Iran's, Russia's or even Trinidad's perspective.

edit on 16-1-2012 by LordOfArcadia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

What you have detailed...some of it untrue some very true...is not cause for a WWIII. This thing with Iran is just WORDS and Iran would not be so stupid to carry out threats that would be the cause of the end to it's regime.

Contrary to some peoples beliefs...the U.S. is not worried about Russia or China getting involved as they will do NOTHING MILLITARY as far as a skirmish with Iran and the U.S. is concerned.

As far as a REAL WWIII...this would be extremely unlikely as the potency of the U.S. Military at this point goes far beyond simple Thermonuclear Warheads. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

That's what I'm asking you to do. Choose your character. Pick one. Pick Mexico. Pick Lithuania. Pick Cambodia. Pick Angola. You can play the US center stage, or one of the other big names.

Big or small, the planet is all interconnected, and everyone has something to gain/lose should major conflict break out. How would you align yourself, and what might you do to bring along more favorable fortunes? Will it benefit you to antagonize and instigate conflict, or trying diplomacy? Do you turtle it out inside a shell and hope for the best, or do you play a more active role?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Your "scenario" is flawed as another poster pointed out.

Many of those things are untrue.

Speculation is fine, but when made-up factors are added in, it makes no sense to guess at "what if".

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I am in. I want Canada. Our peaceful, non-assuming neighbors to the North seem like the perfect role to play.

My first move would have already been made. Basically, if I am Machiavelli and I want to gather as much power as possible FOR CANADA, then the stage is set perfectly. Of course while everyone is looking at the US, Israel and Iran as the potential assassin of the nuclear scientist, I know of course it was the newly formed Canadian Special Operations Force Command.

Why?

Isn't obvious? There is little doubt that the United States is far and away the most sophisticated military force on the planet. In a conventional war, without the necessity of winning "hearts and minds", the US military can bring an unbelievable amount of fire power down upon any region on the planet. They do have one major achilles heel.

Oil.

If the Middle East became glass tomorrow, the US would still need a literal sh*t ton before they could transform their economy to alternative sources. Remember Canada is number 3 in oil reserves. Who better to supply the mighty US with their badly needed oil when the SHTF then the nice neighbor to the north? Of course we will need to be compensated.

Even in the event that things get "out of hand" and thermonuclear weapons are pulled, we are strategically located to not suffer much from fall out damage. We also will be well positioned to capitalize upon the suddenly crippled Big Brother to our south.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Heck...I don't know. But I enjoyed reading your breakdown/spin on the situation. And the underlying question is valid: As we become increasingly more extended, who is going to take advantage of the situation?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Me?

I'd conquer both poles if I could and I would hold onto them while we ride this axis twist we're due for.

Ancient ruins all have been subjected to axis tilts leading to inundations on a global scale.

I don't expect many to survive, so all the world is going to sh** and nothing will not be inundated with water, I mean, it'll be by fire this time...

So, to keep humanity from going extinct I would build down into the poles. They'll become the new equator, I'm guessing!

It's difficult to think realistically, because none of this crap is real, or is it?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordOfArcadia
reply to post by nineix

I am in. I want Canada. Our peaceful, non-assuming neighbors to the North seem like the perfect role to play.

My first move would have already been made. Basically, if I am Machiavelli and I want to gather as much power as possible FOR CANADA, then the stage is set perfectly. Of course while everyone is looking at the US, Israel and Iran as the potential assassin of the nuclear scientist, I know of course it was the newly formed Canadian Special Operations Force Command.

Why?

Isn't obvious? There is little doubt that the United States is far and away the most sophisticated military force on the planet. In a conventional war, without the necessity of winning "hearts and minds", the US military can bring an unbelievable amount of fire power down upon any region on the planet. They do have one major achilles heel.

Oil.

If the Middle East became glass tomorrow, the US would still need a literal sh*t ton before they could transform their economy to alternative sources. Remember Canada is number 3 in oil reserves. Who better to supply the mighty US with their badly needed oil when the SHTF then the nice neighbor to the north? Of course we will need to be compensated.

Even in the event that things get "out of hand" and thermonuclear weapons are pulled, we are strategically located to not suffer much from fall out damage. We also will be well positioned to capitalize upon the suddenly crippled Big Brother to our south.

BOY! Are YOU uninformed! Do you have any idea of the quantity and lethality of current U.S./Canadian bases all located in CANADA? The number is STAGGERING!

The Soviet Union as well as Modern Day Russia have Military plans that do not just site the U.S. in a possible WAR...EVERY Russian Military Plan starts with the topic...North American U.S./CANADA offensive Nuclear Sites. The Russians as well as the Chinese do not discerne between there being a difference between the U.S. and Canada...and they are CORRECT!

The United States and Canada are like ONE COUNTRY with ties closer than even Great Brittan. The U.S. and Canada have THOUSANDS...not hundreds but THOUSANDS of Military bases and Missle Silos as well as Mobile Nuclear Missles and a HUGE...much larger than is known...Missle Defence System of such advanced tech. that many in Congress are unaware.

The Radar sites alone are staggering in both Tech. and how over the years the U.S. and Canada have made the Radar Arrays smaller but they are still protected my large numbers of both U.S. and Canadian troops. The first deployment that is not on a Ship of the Free Electron Laser...is based in Canada. Testing of this system has been on going for several years and there are several media stories of U.S. Missle tests that seemingly went awry...specificly of a Minute Man III Missle. The MInute Man III is a super accurate U.S. and Canadian Based ICBM that carrier a MIRVED amount of Nuclear Warheads and has NO NEED OF TESTING as it is SOLID FUEL POWERED and has been in service for years undergoing multitudes of tests that have this MIRV reentry system capable of hitting targets within 50ft. A while back...one was tested...and many believe this was a field test for the Free Electron Laser.

Canada is riddled with deep dug Nuclear bases as well as being the new vanguard of Missle defense along with Carrier Groups that all have the Ageis Cruise Missle system. Canada is just as much as a target as the U.S. but the good news is...we have the ability to shoot alot of them down and very soon will be able to take on as many ICBM that can be launched at us.

But NEVER for one moment think that CANADA is not a VERY IMPORTANT PART of all U.S. Military Plans!
Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Whatever the case, based on YOUR interpretations of current events, as you see them, wherever you get them, whether that's from MSM or Alt, based on what YOU see as true, what is your spin on how and what you would do to play out a successful and advantageous position from any choice of nations you want to pretend to be.

Pretend you're France, or any other nation of preference, and from that position, based on what you see occurring on the world stage right now as true and accurate, tell us how you would manipulate, engineer, collaborate, or deal to come out on top should things turn really nasty.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Split Infinity; while your statements of what you seem to have fantastic knowledge of are presented as fact from you, we're not here to argue what is fact or fiction.

We're here to debate how you, as any nation you pick, would take advantage, manipulate, respond to, plot and plan for and/or against the current political climate as it applies to a possible WWIII, and as it applies to how you currently see/interpret current events.

If you want to take the position of being the 4th Reich sitting pretty in moon and Mars bases with a fleet of UFOs, laughing at all the silly people still stuck on Earth, have at it.
What would you do, based from any chosen position, using current real events cited by MSM or Alt news (as you interpret them, if need be), to bring your chosen side out on top should a WWIII happen as a result of the current geopolitical climate?

edit on 17-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Split Infinity; while your statements of what you seem to have fantastic knowledge of are presented as fact from you, we're not here to argue what is fact or fiction.

We're here to debate how you, as any nation you pick, would take advantage, manipulate, respond to, plot and plan for and/or against the current political climate as it applies to a possible WWIII, and as it applies to how you currently see/interpret current events.

If you want to take the position of being the 4th Reich sitting pretty in moon and Mars bases with a fleet of UFOs, laughing at all the silly people still stuck on Earth, have at it.
What would you do, based from any chosen position, using current real events cited by MSM or Alt news (as you interpret them, if need be), to bring your chosen side out on top should a WWIII happen as a result of the current geopolitical climate?

edit on 17-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

OK....What would I do personaly? I have already done it. If WWIII broke out...and I find it highly unlikely. I would watch TV as ICBM's would be Lased or Intercepted at the point that they reach space before reentry. Crack a beer and laugh. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I pick the Alien card.

We will stay hidden, but will increase visits to collect data on behavioral pattern of humans. Mass consciousness is important to our study regarding to earth, it will determine whether humans are ready or not to accept us. Since this war will quite global we are expecting lots of data to be collected regarding defense, mass reaction, survival technique, effects on the planet, recovery and rebuild etc, wow so lots more.

It is very interesting for us because we come from single "race" planets/union unlike humans. It is bad for you and we are sorry to see but we cannot interfere with our study subject, nevertheless, its very interesting phenomena for your years time to come. We have monitored your progress long time ago but every time its new due to advancements you humans have encounter.ed We are quite impressed with the rebuild capability and resilient nature of your race. We will not deal with you for some time to come because of your nature and ability. Please proceed with whatever plan you have, we will have a close eye to your progress.

Short: Aliens will continue studying humans, no interaction needed.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I think it's very unlikely that World War 3, as imagined, will ever happen. There have been numerous 'opportunities' over the decades that have never materialised. The 'big players' may huff and puff, but are most unlikely to go over the edge.
It's fringe groups/nations that have the capacity to do something the big players would ultimately back away from. I've just finished reading a great novel by an author who seems to incorporate a lot of knowledge into supposed fiction. Good read, but made me think. Called Alpha to Omega, by William Lynhope. Think its only an ebook (mine's on Kindle), but on all the main ebook platforms.
Edward

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
As an evil Elitist, not aligned to any nationality, I would remain hidden,I would pick and choose how to profit from the carnage. I may even throw some spanners in the works to juice it all up. All this while maintaining absolute plausible deniability.
edit on 5-2-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I would keep a weather eye on Turkey, I bet there are people just itching to regain the pre 1918 empire they had, until the Turkish army comes up against the Saudi army, that is.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
first and always I am an American, but for the fun of the game; I would choose Russia. I would send tens of thousands of troops to Iran to force the USA to commit more and more of their military to the fight in the middle east, while I assisted China and N.Korea in their goals of taking Taiwan and S. Korea and as a payment in return I would expect them to help me invade the USA. as a triad of countries. We would do it using conventional means non-nuclear if possible while the bulk of the us military was tied up in the middle east.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join