It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Those who know... don't speak. Those who speak... don't know."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There are many ways to take this concept from the Tao Te Ching.

I am here to offer one.

Those who know... listen. Those who don't listen... don't know.

Imagine you are the exact (aka "perfect") center of a circle. No matter how much the circle may rotate, you do not. No matter where the circle moves, relative to the circle you have not moved. There is nothing for the center to do but listen to the "changes" of the rest of "itself".

If the center only listens to part of the circle, it will only understand part of itself.

Thank you for your time and hearts. See you soon.

Namaste.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Very interesting thought concepts, love it. The fool throughout life has always been the one that opens his mouth and the wise man is always the one that keeps his mouth shut. Unless you're Jesus, or Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Grasshopper was pretty good too

ETA The message is related I think even though it's using nice shiny youtube video's of TV shows from yesteryear.

edit on 16/1/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I would like to agree...but how then does the center share itself and enlighten the edge (or 'part of the circle') to create new centers and spread itself?

And how is the center ever truly the center if is only has a circumferential awareness of itself? The center deludes itself. Surety is lovely, but it is also delusion...only in acknowledging that one knows it is not the center of the circle does one become the center, and such awareness spread itself.

I need sleep...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You can't hear while your mouths open....
&
A wise man knows everything, not everyone....

edit on 16-1-2012 by Doc Holiday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Same thing goes for "tough" guys...I have found myself in parts that violence seems to often find (not often, but it has happened) ..when in those places..I seldom worried about the loud mouth. Usually they were all about the shock value..but the silent ones...they were the ones that got my attention the most.

Peace

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday

You can't hear while your mouths open....
&
A wise man knows everything, not everyone....

edit on 16-1-2012 by Doc Holiday because: (no reason given)

No such thing as knowing everything. Know it alls' only know half of it. Not everything that can be learned comes from within books or from college degrees.

The only wisdom to be had is the wisdom of fools, which is why God laughs at our wisdom.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I prefer the quote;

"Tis better to remain silent and thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I think that the center can help the edges by going back to the start and either refreshing, or transforming original thought. Going from the outside in, and then going inside out again... wow that seems confusing

This is the way to keep an open mind, and make sure that you stay neutral, understanding, and knowledgeable.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The grasshopper video caused a smile to arise upon my face.
Thank you all for sharing thus far.

Originally posted by Praetorius

I would like to agree...but how then does the center share itself and enlighten the edge (or 'part of the circle') to create new centers and spread itself?

And how is the center ever truly the center if is only has a circumferential awareness of itself? The center deludes itself. Surety is lovely, but it is also delusion...only in acknowledging that one knows it is not the center of the circle does one become the center, and such awareness spread itself.

The center desires the experience of rotation. The circle rotates. The center listens.

The rotation is a beautiful delusion.

The center desires to experience other centers. Other centers appear. The center listens.

The other centers are beautiful delusions.

A movie, novel, or work of art is a beautiful delusion.

The center is also the edge when it embraces its totality. What it listens to, the edge listens to. The edge is the center when it embraces its totality. What the edge feels, the center feels. Neither can exist without the other except as a unity without center or edge.

The edge and the center are beautiful delusions.

Originally posted by Praetorius
I need sleep...

You and me both.

Namaste.
edit on 2012/1/16 by ErgoTheConfusion because: I am human.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
A wise old owl lived in an oak
The more he saw the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Why can't we all be like that wise old bird?

...........................................................'coz its false? (fer truth seekers)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
ahh the tao te ching.

dont analyse one component. its is all part of the way.

taking any part of it on its own, is not the way.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

if you are standing still on a circle square or triangle it doesnt matter what part your standing on if it is rotating or not your still standing in the same place

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

Perfect! No more need be said. Even what I just said.

edit on 2012/1/16 by ErgoTheConfusion because: Still human.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
You must listen twice as much as you speak, for you are born with two ears and one mouth. But if anyone talks too much, they are talking from their second mouth; their ass.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

edit on 17-1-2012 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Five colors darken the eyes. Five tones darken the ears. Five tastes jade the palate.
Hunting and racing madden the heart. Exotic goods ensnarl human lives.
Therefore the Sage Takes care of the belly, not the eye, Chooses one, rejects the other.

Attain complete emptiness, Hold fast to stillness.
The ten thousand things stir about; I only watch for their going back.
Things grow and grow, But each goes back to its root.
Going back to the root is stillness. This means returning to what is.
Returning to what is Means going back to the ordinary.
Understanding the ordinary: Enlightenment.
Not understanding the ordinary: Blindness creates evil.
Understanding the ordinary: Mind opens. Mind opening leads to compassion,
Compassion to nobility, Nobility to heavenliness, Heavenliness to Tao.
Tao endures. Your body dies. There is no danger.
edit on 17/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Those who are in this corrupt dark side circle who think they know, but truly know distortions due to their frequency and what they can match to, ie. Not Love and Light, and they don't just think their things up but have been in contact and in relationship with fallen ones and negative beings for countless years, abusing pineal enhancers and creating stargates.

Everything is a frequency match. There are infinite realms. Infinite mansions, infinite rungs on Jacobs Ladder.

Those in the know, guided by Light and Goodness on the other hand, do speak. They shine their lights without a filter, bowl or lense on them. Because, this world is filled to the rim with lies, and everyone is being kept in distortions and darkness. If you are only one, who has connected to Source/Family/Higher/Future Self, then you are equal to the Infinity around you and can make a difference!

In fact, this IS THE WORK WE ALL CAME TO DO.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If your a predator, a dog eat dog war general or elitist leader, with basic greed and ego distortions you will meet up with even bigger pedators. They will pretend to be angels of light and basically aid you in enforcing a rule of cruelty and comparmentalization and hidden knowledge, and elitism, of course, for everyone's good. You're doing this for their own good, and if you just put a few clues out, the very worthy will succeed to wake up.

These beings bat their long elfin eyelashes "come hither o ye tasty snack. Oops I meant to say, you highly admirable/worthy seeker!

When you know the truth you speak it. You shake cages, or trees. You don't care if it makes you unpopular, in the least, you just keep seeking within for the way each day, and how to be more effective. You report for duty. The prime directive is to free this planet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join