It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds 2012 The Pas Manitoba, Canada

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Cloaked Alien Motherships.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EmceeTrick

You are right I am seeing all the videos had been faked. Thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by h_jordan

Nicely done, and thanks. The sounds always seemed suspiciously like a Lustmord track to me, and I listen to his work quite frequently but have not come across it yet. I noticed that some of the videos were fake due to the metallic "clink" at the very start of the Kiev video, right around the 00:02 mark. You can hear that at certain parts in a few of the other videos. I'm surprised more people did not notice it. So it looks like the videos with those characteristics are either all fake, or there is one original and genuine with many fakes using the same sound track.

Not all of the videos presented contain these characteristics, however, so I am still curious about many of them, and whether the one that seems to have been hoaxed/copied several times actually has a genuine original. It always makes me wonder why people feel the need to hoax this type of thing. I don't see the attraction personally.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritualStar

I also heard something else strange, though it was a while ago - not sure if it means anything or not, and it was at least twice. It sounded exactly like the beginning to 'Running with the Devil' by Van Halen. EXACTLY. There was no radios on, so it wasn't someone playing the song, cause I actually waited for the music to start but it never did..

If you don't know the sound, listen to the first 13 seconds on this video:

edit on 17-1-2012 by SpiritualStar because: (no reason given)

I have to comment that I heard the same noise in March 2011 (circa 5.AM), I can't remember the date though but I remember not being able to sleep. First I thought that it was some siren since I live in a city (Prishtina, Kosovo), initially suspecting it is an ambulance or a firefighters truck, but the sound should have been oscillating if that were the case. Apart from that the city was very quiet, strangely enough.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
reply to post by h_jordan

Nicely done, and thanks. The sounds always seemed suspiciously like a Lustmord track to me, and I listen to his work quite frequently but have not come across it yet. I noticed that some of the videos were fake due to the metallic "clink" at the very start of the Kiev video, right around the 00:02 mark. You can hear that at certain parts in a few of the other videos. I'm surprised more people did not notice it. So it looks like the videos with those characteristics are either all fake, or there is one original and genuine with many fakes using the same sound track.

Not all of the videos presented contain these characteristics, however, so I am still curious about many of them, and whether the one that seems to have been hoaxed/copied several times actually has a genuine original. It always makes me wonder why people feel the need to hoax this type of thing. I don't see the attraction personally.

well, i have to admit that i have not watched all the videos, but i watched some of what has been posted in this thread, i was never interested in this "Noise from the sky" thing, just watched the Mexico video yesterday and it was not convincing for me, the sound is too synthetic/musical, i think the kiev video is the oldest and all the others are copying the sound track from it and putting it in thier videos, they add thier own dialog and ambience, also recompressing the video will degrade the sound quality thats why a lot of people are not noticing it is the same sound from kiev, i don't think that the kiev video is the real deal too, watch the video, the guy who films, zooms in twice on people walking the street, no one seems to give a #hit to the freaky sounds, why? it is been added later.

people make these hoax vidoes to get hits i guess.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It sounds like some kind of a giant whale beast wailing in agony.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I know what it is!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I live in Winnipeg and I haven't herd any loud sounds myself and I'm usually up late so I don't know what's going on

But I do have an idea what it might be if it is real, could actually be solar winds we are hearing

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
ok, MOST of the videos with the sound close to them are probably done this way
(with iPod, camera/iPhone and speakers - jump to 1:30)

I don't know about the videos with the sound far away, they may be genuine but could also be done by placing speakers far away or turning down the volume

edit on 18-1-2012 by donhuangenaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
ok, MOST of the videos with the sound close to them are probably done this way
(with iPod, camera/iPhone and speakers - jump to 1:30)

I don't know about the videos with the sound far away, they may be genuine but could also be done by placing speakers far away or turning down the volume

edit on 18-1-2012 by donhuangenaro because: (no reason given)

It's possible some video's might be fake, but what about all these eye witnesses who are hearing these sounds with their own ears?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
A good idea to test if these are faked is to fake one ourselves and see how easy/difficult it is and try different methods and see how they compare.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I was skeptical about the 'sounds in the sky' threads, I just thought they were planes or some machinery or something.

I've watched all the 'sky noise' videos on ATS this past HOUR.

All I have to say is WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?

What is this? They all sound similar and it's not a camera effect or generated noise.

What the HELL is this? Is the sky making music?

This has got me really freaked now.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by B3lz3buth

haven't heard any sounds of such here in forest grove, OR, 90mins from the coast.

Definitely will report it if I hear it.. for sure..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

possibly .. but in mexico? hmmmmmm.. from the looks the mexico vid, I seriously doubt from the looks of the shack they are connected to the internet..

not saying it couldn't happen.. but why are the news channels reporting anything ??

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by baddmove
one from Chicago and the one from Kiev..
they ARE exactly the same...

The one from Kiev is likely the original and real one. It was covered on the local TV news in the Ukraine... interviewing people who heard it

edit on 17-1-2012 by zorgon because: Gremlins did it :shk:

It's all fake, none of the people she interviewed confirmed hearing a thing.
People would do anything to get his views on youtube so they can get paid

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hi all - My first post. I signed up just to reply with an explanation for some of these recent 'whoaah scary noise' postings and many youtube videos. I like them and all, but we can probably say that many of them are really only scary in post-production. Just some guys wondering around the snow looking at the sky etc, then add this.....

Booster Camera Views of Atlantis' Launch

Alot of the video is silent - you might play it at around 11.45 - 15.50 minutes for the familiar tones (and groans), and also near the end for more 'trumpets' which are deeper and spookier sounding than on some of the recent video's.. maybe someone pitched them up for youtube a bit for added fun?

I'm a bit sorry to disappoint some people (who like me) would rather believe many of these recent video's featuring hells horns.. alien trumpets and mother earth groaning for mercy etc, but as a sound designer I couldn't forget that original sound too quickly or easily. The recording of Atlantis shuttle camera's and microphones, makes a pretty hellish racket and no doubt some of you would have heard it last year, when the video was shot.

I'd like to record something real that's better than what I've heard in these video's. I have heard alarming long, deep metallic groaning and sub-bass explosive thumps that seemed to end in a loud catastrophic collision, without any visible explanations at all, late in 2011 on Qld's Sunshine Coast. Of course I had no camera or recorder of any kind handy.. hasn't happened since!

Maybe just more tunnels for the elites....

edit on 18-1-2012 by ploppy because: grammer

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Humans are still so weak...
Guys and girls, dont be afraid from the monsters that you create yourself. We are not in the age of Greek Gods anymore..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by h_jordan
i don't have the time to go over all the videos but they are all fake, the noise (wierd sound) in "The Pas Manitoba, Canada" is exactly the same one in the "Kiev" video, here is a little analysis i've done, i printed the time codes so you can check it out yourselves

Hi all.

This is my second post but I felt I had to jump in and say something. I have over 20 years in my backlog in digital manipulation/creation of sounds in a plethira of ways. That's how I started with computers in the first place.

Anyway, I was going to do something like h_jordan did above but he beat me to it. I have also stripped the sound from three of the videos and compared the waveforms in different ways. I have come to the same conclusion as h_jordan, namely this:
All sounds that sounds like the one from Kiev is the EXACT same sound with the only variation in volume and ambience. The intervals, structure and duration all match up perfectly.

So my conclusion is this. There is an original sound and my vote goes to the Kiev video. If that one is fake I cannot say but there seems to be a lot of copycats out there. Where the sound originally come from I have no Idea but it is a simple sound to make if you know how. Just try to pitch any ordinary daily sound either up or down several octaves and you get the most bizarre sounds you can imagine. That's how Hollywood has been making all their sounds for years.
Now splice that sound to a video and voila, you have creepiness in the real world like any sci-fi movie.

As for the War Of The Worlds sound? Well, there are faint similarities but it is NOT the same sound. Nothing matches up if you compare them. The WOTW-sound is made by actual horns and manipulated whereas the Kiev sound more resembles a manipulated creaking metal door or something to that effect. My guess is that it is a metallic sound that has been pitched down and either have natural reverbation or artificially reverbation added at a later stage.
I can agree however that both sounds are ominous in their own way.

I'm leaning more towards the hoax domain but since several people here claim thay have heard this sound, who am I to say they haven't.
I want to hear the sound (or something similar) with my own ears in nature before I believe myself and go suspecting demons, UFO's and whatnot.

Finally, nice job h_jordan!
edit on 18-1-2012 by mrwhy because: Spelling

edit on 18-1-2012 by mrwhy because: More spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

well, you might be right, in fact I have a friend and she said that she heard the sound very similar to Kiev sound last weekend early morning...

all I am saying is that although there are some genuine videos, most of them are probably fake and relatively easy to produce...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
...I am thinking methane gas releases. There has been a huge increase in methane gas outbursts lately, killing scores of fish and birds. Even the Gulf spill released more methane than was considered normal A LOT more. It may have even been part of the problem in shutting the leak down because of the tremendous gas pressure

Methane produced mud volcanoes were responsible for a huge fish kill in Redondo Beach CA, then a few days later there was a serious of earthquakes just south of that area

Best explination yet - well done!

As we all know, the Earth isn't solid rock, but full of cavities that, just like our own gut has traffic that gets jammed up by gas, as well as other obstructions, and pressure builds.

Our massive oil extraction of the past century or so has relived pressure, allowing movement within these cavities, just like a good bowel movement or even a ripping fart!

You'll notice that after such bodily movements there's often a lot of gurgling noise coming from within your gut as the traffic moves along to fill the now vacant part of your intestine and bowel.

It's common sense, rather than scientific knowledge, that suggests to me that the guts of the Earth are making their equivalent of these sounds.

That's not to say we shouldn't worry - movement inside often necessitates movement outside.

edit on 18-1-2012 by McGinty because: Edited quote down to pertinent reference

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join