It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds 2012 The Pas Manitoba, Canada

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I just listened to 2 of them..

one from Chicago and the one from Kiev..

they ARE exactly the same...

test it yourself....

listen to the first one and then go to the 12:32 mark...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I still think its a cloaked Vogon destructor fleet positioning themselves over the earth.

Quick somebody fly out to the intergalactic planning office in Alfa Centari!!! No time to waste!!!

Remember the password is 42 and dont forget to bring your towel.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by Whisper67

I just listened to 2 of them..

one from Chicago and the one from Kiev..

they ARE exactly the same...

test it yourself....

listen to the first one and then go to the 12:32 mark...

So are you suggesting that this is a youtube hoax that people are isolating the sound and dubbing it onto their clips, or are you saying there is more to this phenomenon than we think?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If this really was a hoax, I would have thought the media would have atleast mentioned it?

I mean, surely if this was something to do with TPTB then the media would be saying ''nothing to worry about folks''.

What is strange is that these noises aren't getting any coverage, whether they're calling hoax or not....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

if its dubbing then its a great idea to get interest in a noise before a movie release or a music video
, its catching imaginations to the point where we are gonna be deflated by a 70ft gaga signing about trumpets of god

Just a take on it from outside the box

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

yes and no..

I think the one from Kiev is a real sound and older..

The one from Chicago is recent with the exact soundtrack..

so yes, some people are just copying the sounds to their youtube for youtube hits..

but not everyone as a lot of them do sound different..

even our own ats member StealthyKat has recorded them..see link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

so some are real and some are fake...

gunna happen, it always does..

edit on 17-1-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think the trumpet sound is a hoax or viral marketing.

I have heard the roaring/jet engine sound about 3 years ago in Palm Desert on a crystal clear day. At first I thought it was an earthquake and ran outside. Then I thought it was a strato fortress flying low over head but I had an unobstructed view of the sky in all directions...nothing there. Other people came out of their houses and looked around going "wtf is that?"

It wasn't coming from the ground, it was coming from the sky, all around, not in any particular direction. And the other weird thing is that it didn't shake the ground like you would expect.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ok, I read the Mayan info right before they started their "tour", my curiosity was peaked until I saw they were chrging money, and a lot, for people to watch. Same with the party on the pyramid, it is about money. I am doubting the ethical and sincerity of any (loosely stating), orgainization when money is the bottom line. It is now a ploy to play on people's fears, curiosities and etc. for monetary gain. There are things of the Mayan past I believe and maybe one or two speaking out with out the anticipation of money. Whe you make money part of the equation, it sends up red flags every where to me, it stinks so high and bad of one more false prophet.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

yes and no..

I think the one from Kiev is a real sound and older..

The one from Chicago is recent with the exact soundtrack..

so yes, some people are just copying the sounds to their youtube for youtube hits..

but not everyone as a lot of them do sound different..

even our own ats member StealthyKat has recorded them..see link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-1-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

I agree, but there are enough of them that are uniquely distinctive for this to be a pretty scary-sounding global phenomenon. It does sound mechanical, like some over-amplified, pulsating and groaning drill, like those up and down pumping oil rigs, only of some colossal dimension. I wonder if it corresponds to some sympathetic natural earth vibration. Weird and very creepy.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
What is strange is that these noises aren't getting any coverage, whether they're calling hoax or not....

Well it might help if one actualy looked on the web for media coverage of the strange sounds

I mean its been posted in many threads at ATS

The Telegraph
Tiny village is latest victim of the 'The hum'

Now a tiny English village is the latest community to claim to be being hit by the phenomenon known as "the hum".

Residents of Woodland, in County Durham, claim that every night a noise permeates the air similar to the throb of a car engine.

It is sometimes so strong that it even shakes the bed of one of the householders.

But no matter how hard they look, the community cannot find the source of the problem and, at their wits end, have called in the council to investigate.

The 300-strong population is the latest around the world to be hit by the rumble which has in the past led to wild conspiracy theories blaming it on UFOs, government experiments and abandoned mine shafts.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Telegraph goes in search of 'The Hum'

The Hum is a noise that has been reported by residents as far apart as America, Australia and New Zealand over the past 40 years. It drives some to distraction while leaving others untouched. Bristol suffered a particularly troubling episode in the Seventies, during which people blamed it for causing headaches and nosebleeds. The Scottish town of Largs was also afflicted throughout the Nineties. In both instances The Hum eventually went away, but its source was never traced.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Here comes that Hum again
A sinister rumbling noise is causing havoc in Co Durham. Neil Tweedie investigates.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

google
The Bristol Hum
The Taos Hum
The Durham Hum

Mystery surrounds humming noise
news.bbc.co.uk...

Lord Philips of Sudbury said: "If someone had said to me a spacecraft had landed on the meadows last night I would have said 'well I heard it'."

'It is a high-pitched drone'
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Unfortunately that is the state of affairs these days. That is why I look for any local media report. The telegraph story mentions wind blowing through abandoned mine shafts. Interesting idea... I have heard odd howling sounds in caves from wind... but they are different and not repetitive

Originally posted by QueSeraSera I wonder if it corresponds to some sympathetic natural earth vibration. Weird and very creepy.

Over the last few years things like earth quake lights, once considered a myth, are now looked at by main stream science and even tracked on USGS Earthquake site... they hope to be able to use that to predict quakes. Rocks rubbing together release piezoelectric phenomena and it only makes sense that it would produce sound. How far away can they be felt or heard? Depends on the frequency and the structure of the land... low frequency waves can travel a long way

Remember the Natives could hear horses miles away with an ear to the ground and the same if you put your ear on a railway track. Add to that resonance and harmonics

Piezoelectricity is found in useful applications such as the production and detection of sound, generation of high voltages, electronic frequency generation, microbalances, and ultrafine focusing of optical assemblies. It is also the basis of a number of scientific instrumental techniques with atomic resolution, the scanning probe microscopies such as STM, AFM, MTA, SNOM, etc., and everyday uses such as acting as the ignition source for cigarette lighters and push-start propane barbecues.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What do you think Zorgon..

does the sound sound like this clip to you..

take a listen..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What the hey is this one?

www.youtube.com...

looks like a giant flying triangle with changing coloures lights...seen in michigan i believe......
I have heard this same sound on other vids too.....
any ideas?
Heres one from montreal just a quick flight away....

www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-1-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

wow... my bad..

Didn't have time to search for it and I didn't come across it on any thread. I haven't read every post though...

Thanks for the links anyway.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It sounds like the planet is dying.

I'm askeered.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This sounds like the recordings made by Voyager when it passed Jupiter, creepy.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have being reading a study of the "hum".

This guy has got his ducks in a row.

The official name for this mysterious noise shall ,from now on,be called.......

all-pervasive world wide gravito-magneto-acoustic signal with electro- magnetically enhanced bio-detection

Anyways with that you should read all of his studies.

The Hum is a geo-sporadic, psycho-magneto-acoustic phenomenon which according to anecdotal reports and Hum forums presently seems to be undergoing an explosion in the USA.

www.btinternet.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
*** I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW I BELIEVE IN ET'S AND THEIR INFLUENCE ON HUMANS****
With that being said.......
First off, unless each one of see and heres this in person we will never know. Unless the news is doing a live broadcast, ie; the baseball broadcast, which did happen. Anyone have DVR of that broadcast???. Second, you would need some skills and proper equipment to rip the audio from a you tube video and seperate each track (sound birds, trumptes,winde ect.) Possible, but honestly its lots of work to do for 2 mins. Here's why!
You would need the main sound source with no birds, no wind, no dogs, no monkeys ect. You would need a sequence program, Ableton, FL,Garage band aaannnnnd THE MAIN SOUND all tracked out and sepreated then adjusted accordingly. As you here in the videos if you listen, there are many differences in back ground noise, and also the clarity of the "trumpet". Now is it possible that is what each person did for each video, yes. However, most people aren't smart enough unless they are in production to account for variences in sounds and back grounds but maybe. But I highly doubt it although Im not going to rule this out yet.Now the other theories!
The Cave idea is great, but that would mean you need caves, which are pretty much identical in design. Nature doesnt work that way and the "trumpet" doesnt have much variation in the sound. Which means a one point of origin. 3rd They have been using H.A.A.R.P for a while and these noises just show up in the past year? Why now and not back in the day? Could it be a UFO, of course! When all else fails, it's a UFO. My conclusion?
Until, I here this in person outside, it is more likely that infact this is man made. However I do not think the Kiev video is a hoax. I believe it to be real. The reason simple. I believe the video is from Ukraine but not the town of Kyiv. The one thing the struct me the most of this video is that you do not see anyone except for three guys who are calmly walking. Other than that, GHOST TOWN. SO it would make sense why no one is screaming and running for their lives. And it probaly wasnt heard through out the city. It most like was a sound gerated by the countour of a building or possible roof, just like in the Stadium video.
Again that part of the town was dead, so acustics were just right to carry the sound aournd as the wind blew( which you can see the trees move every time it sounds even a lil wind could generate this sound), and wind and inanimant objects than "trumpets, or alien or god's voice". I want this to be some other worldy event. I do, but in my years of UFO hunting, and conspiracy theories, I have learned to become skeptic. I believe all the other videos are Hoaxes, and yes I do believe people took the time to recreat the video and add sound.
Remember I said it would take skill and equipment/programs to actually seperate the sound? Its true, but to simply add more sounds ; birds monkeys dogs wind, you simply film your version and over lay the Kyiv soundtrack over it. If you noticed its the longest one and the first one and the cleanest! There are plenty of spots to splice for your own. And for those measuring the sounds, you will still get variations in readings. Quality, and volumes on each video differ.
All Im saying, is let be honest, if this were happening all over we would here alot more about it. I saw this video 6 months ago... I thought nothing of it. I hope something incredible happens, Aliens, The Return, UFO's ect. I totally believe in that stuff. But this is just something I know is not what people thin it is. I have heard sounds like this before, in cities, its really loud right where you are, wind in metal awnings, roofs, oddly shape buildings and cause tons of noise. Most cities are so busy we dont here them. Rebuttals are welcome please. Id love a good discussion. Dale.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
officially creeped out, people are hearing these weeeeeeeird eerie sounds all over the place. How long ago did this start happening??

The first one that made main stream media was the Bristol Hum 1970
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

Everytime I hear these sounds I think of this scene in War of the World also. I recently watched the movie Skyline and it is similar to War of the Worlds and sounds in that movie remind me of this too.

These sounds are just unnatural. In my many decades on earth I have never heard anything like this nor have I known anyone who has until just the last year or so and they seem to be increasing. Just unsettling and annoying we cannot pin down a real cause.
edit on 17-1-2012 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join