It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your opinion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'd like your opinion on the subject of Iraq. Should we be there or not? I don't think so because they had nothing to do with 9/11 or WMDs. This is brought up because I spoke to my mother about a comment in the SC Debate tonight, where I think it was, Mitt Romney wanted to increase the size of the military. He said so it would be so large that no one would want to try and challenge it. And my reply was "Another reason, to invade." My mother replied "We don't invade, that's what Russia does." And I told her, "Tell that to the Iraqi's, they had nothing to do with 9/11."

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashUnderride

I don't believe the US should have gone there in the first place. The WMD that they found were not the ones that they were telling everyone that Iraq had. Yes they found some, but, if China invaded the US, do you think they would find something that would be the same. I sure do.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Even Dick Cheney will say that Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

The reason that we invaded Iraq is Saddam Hussein began to refuse the US Dollar as payment for oil. Saddam started only excepting Russian Rubel as payment.

This may sound like a small matter to you and I, but the fact is that it is a huge problem for the US Government.

Anyone, anything threatens the use of the US Dollar as the “Petro Dollar” you will witness Military Action.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashUnderride

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. US was just teaching a defiant dictator to do what was told.....but the "War on Terror" took the US to Afghanistan.........Maybe Romney want more beef in the Military to handle US citizens.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
WMD’s in Iraq was only a distraction for the populace.

Many countries on this planet are in actual possession of WMD’s and the US is not trying to dis-arm them.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrashUnderride
I'd like your opinion on the subject of Iraq. Should we be there or not? I don't think so because they had nothing to do with 9/11 or WMDs. This is brought up because I spoke to my mother about a comment in the SC Debate tonight, where I think it was, Mitt Romney wanted to increase the size of the military. He said so it would be so large that no one would want to try and challenge it. And my reply was "Another reason, to invade." My mother replied "We don't invade, that's what Russia does." And I told her, "Tell that to the Iraqi's, they had nothing to do with 9/11."

What do you think?

I think that your mother is still in the programmed "opinion" that Russia is bad... The same tactic used 60 years ago to make people fear anything. With fear of the Russians, the American Government had a "reason" to build war machines and grow their forces and control. Tell you what. Ask any non-ATS youngling out there and they will tell you "terrorists are from Iraq", "Who are Russians?", "Muslims are terrorists", blah blah propaganblah. Your mom, her generation, the generation before and YOUR generation are most brainwashed by TPTB propaganda.

It isn't her fault, and seriously, you wouldn't be able to convince a well brainwashed citizen that they are in fact peons in a dangerous game of puppets, sticks and stones and broken bones.

Freedom is not a religion, it is a choice in your MIND.

What the mind can believe and conceive, it can achieve.

But if the mind was led to believe something erroneous, it will conceive nothing else, and will never achieve beyond it's mis-believe

To answer your question, IMO, nobody in the world had the right to squat and crap in their neighbors yard.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
we wont be happy till we have destroyed the entire middle east...that is the goal.
we are well on our way to achieving this.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
we wont be happy till we have destroyed the entire middle east...that is the goal.
we are well on our way to achieving this.

If you are using sarcasm, I suggest being a little less subtle.

If you are serious, well.... As Mr.T. would rightfully say

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I really wish that America would just mind their own business, and leave these other countries the math alone. I get that we need oil, but we have our own.
Those people don't want us there and it seems like no matter how loudly they yell "get the heck out", our government just ignores it.
America has a lot of it's own problems, and it always seems like our problems get put on the back burner while we deal with these people who just want us to go away.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

That's exactly what I thought. Her and dad watch Fox News everyday. It's pathetic. They act like if it's not on Fox News it's not real. It's stupid. And dad thinks Ron Paul's an idiot...which we all know he's not. He may not be the best public speaker in the world, so what? He's a better option than the rest. lol

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

The reason that we invaded Iraq is Saddam Hussein began to refuse the US Dollar as payment for oil

Yep, and the same reason we likely encouraged the uprising in Libya and other places, no doubt. Personally, I like the encouraged revolt method much better, it's far cheaper, much more enigmatic, and just overall, a much neater solution to the problem.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

And doesn't make us look nearly as bad. Even though our government is just as bad as it has been and will be, unless change is brought about by the youth. I think we can change things and end this crap....some day.

top topics

join