It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney : yes I would have signed the NDAA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Ummmm I talk to a lot of people about politics, I still haven't found anyone who's voting Santorum, or Romney. It's like when lady gaga sells the most albums and no one admits to owning it. It's sickening.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Another election and another media darling is the frontrunner, go figure. I am still going to vote in the primary in a few weeks but I feel that it is a lost cause. Romney will get the nomination the power of the media bias and big corporations can rig elections by simply telling the masses who they should vote for and alienating those who are against their agenda. I really hope I am wrong but with Dr. Paul's nomination bid fading away, the hope that the US will be continue to be a great nation fades away too.

It amazes me how many American citizens will justify a bill like the NDAA based on scanty and misleading information they are fed. We have become a country who encourages its citizens to spy on one another, to report suspicious and "illegal" activity to the authorities and so on. I feel we went to a country full of freedom and brave citizens to a country of repressed and scared who never new what freedom and bravery was.
edit on 17-1-2012 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
reply to post by Indigo5

thats democracy for you

Democracy only works when people are educated. When they are brainless morons, it doesn't work.

That's why the founders created the US as a republic with a bill of rights and a second amendment.... they knew at some point, like any other empire, that the people would become lazy, ignorant and only focused on games and bread... so they put backup systems ``just in case``.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

killing one tyrant only makes way for worse, unless the people have sense, spirit and honesty enough to establish and support a constitution guarded at all points against the tyranny of the one, the few, and the many.

Let it be the study, therefore, of lawgivers and philosophers, to enlighten the people's understandings and improve their morals, by good and general education; to enable them to comprehend the scheme of government, and to know upon what points their liberties depend; to dissipate those vulgar prejudices and popular superstitions that oppose themselves to good government;

John Adams

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
- for we can remain the hope of the earth

Romney, you corporate bought lying sack of excrement.

and seriously wtf is up with people clapping this guy on?

after almost 12 years of crooked policy can most Americans still not see through the puppetry that is put upon them.

if this guy gets elected he will continue the obama and bush legacy.

Ron Paul is your only hope.
edit on 18-1-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join