It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is mitchell coombes? the guy who predicted Japans earthquake

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by greeneyes14

The fact that there were comments on the statuses PRIOR to the events happening proves that they were not hidden and then published after the fact

Statuses can be hidden to some people and visible to others, how hard would it be to make the statuses viewable to "ghost accounts" where comments are enabled (and made by MC), and hidden to everyone else until MC picks the most relevant status to show to everyone?

Guys a fraud.

You're right, it's totally feasible that he made 8760 statuses (365 days in a year x 24 hours in a day) for every major country in the world and ghost commented on all of those as well. Not to mention repeated those 8760 statuses multiple times since he posted it many times leading up to the quake. Man are you a genius.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

it took me 5 seconds to find his page...mitchellcoombes.com...

at first glance his site doesn't seem trustworthy

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
reply to post by NeoVain

I am sorry, but.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? How many more freakin times do i have to say,IT'S NOT HIM!!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

It has become increasingly obvious that people are commenting without reading the thread. This has been covered several times in this thread already- that is not the same Mitchell Coombes. That leaves only 2 possibilities-
1) people are commenting before reading the thread
2) people are attempting to confuse others by posting that which has already been proven incorrect.

And no, I do not expect anyone to actually respond to that fact.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

No offense to Mitchell or the people calling him a fraud on here. I do not know Mitchell personally but have been watching his page every day since a few days before the Japan quake. I myself witnessed his posts, not just for the tsunami but also with the Rugby predictions he posted. Yes Argyll is correct it's possible to HIDE certain statuses and only have them appear to selected people. Those ghost accounts can comment on every single status and once he gets one correct he deletes the wrong ones and changes the correct post to 'Public' so people only see the post after the events occur. This is possible with the new timeline as I am rather fond with Facebook and the technical side of it.

HOWEVER, to jump to conclusion calling him a fraud based on this alone is heresy and ridiculous. I'm still on the fence in regards to him, don't get me wrong, I am totally unbiased in this conversation, but to say that this is what he did is silly. Here is why.

1) I actually witnessed his posts well before each event took place, not just for the tsunami but also the rugby scores he posted. For the Broncos game I didn't come across his prediction until about half time, but for the others I myself witnessed the posts first hand. Therefore I have to say you are wrong with your timestamp change (or whatever else you're suggesting he did) is null & void.

2) It would be almost impossible for him to do something like this in regards to the amount of people on his Facebook. Before his first Rugby prediction back in September 9 he had approximately 5,000 friends and 2,400 subscribers which is a total of 7,400 people. Now 7,400 watching his posts and some of them are watching his wall every day, if not every hour. He would not be able to pull off something like this because there are too many people on his FB, and most people on his FB admitted to seeing the posts before the events took place.

No hard feelings or anything, I still don't even know if the guy is just a 1 in a million fluke or if he's legitimate with his information but there's no need to post ignorant comments as you did earlier. It wasn't the case, and I'm telling you from first hand, as many others could.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kleoparson43

Welcome to ATS, and let me commend you for your first post. Logical, insightful, and granting opportunity before condemnation.

You, my friend, are EXACTLY who we need more of here. I am proud to give you your first star- thanks!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

im only 2 pages in and all youve done is bash this guy and show "proof" that there was an issue with a donation group

so because of one mix up with donations you are labeling him as a complete fraud regarding a topic completely separate from the topic at hand which is predictions and more specifically, what has happened to the guy

you make personal attacks saying others are posting disinfo and this and that but your tactics are the epitome of the word disinfo

as far as this thread goes and this topic goes, im done with it here on ats by page 2 because of the way these topics go here

ill go get the rest of my info from other sites now

its sad, lately, all ats is good for is learning of something initially, but due to the way threads go, you either have to root through tons of garbage, or simply go elsewhere for the information

its a true shame this is how this site is now

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wongy

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
reply to post by NeoVain

I am sorry, but.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? How many more freakin times do i have to say,IT'S NOT HIM!!!!!

had me in stitches!!! lol infact every time i read this i laugh.
people really should pay attention and read the whole thread before throwing in there 5 cents.
Thanx for making me chuckle wongy!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by abovesecret

Sorry you feel that way.

But I'm sticking to my guns, defrauding a charitable organisation is the nail in the coffin for this little charlatan...

You are free to call it an "issue" and I am free to call it fraud and theft.

Oh and if you believe my posts are against the T & C's feel free to alert them, no use whinging about it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
OK. I have read this whole damm thread. So , with all his followers here , No One has a screen shot of his posts concerning the Japan quake? Just the one saying see , I told you with some facebook links that are gone?
And now his facebook page is gone?
Is this about right?

This kinda tells me every thing I need to know ..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-1-2012 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzle

He did predict the Warriors score in the semis. I support the NZ warriors, so i took notice when i saw his post a few days before the game.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I had him on facebook, took him off too, he started to randomly message me while I was sleeping. I don't know why he chose to message me but it was really annoying, and he was constantly spamming old predictions. Yes we get it, you "predicted" the japan earth quake. It wasn't just a 1 time thing either, he kept posting it non stop. He was a kid with probably as much information as people on ATS has. I seriously doubt he had any inside information from someone in the government. I think hes like 18? I don't know but hes definitely young and grew power hungry from one right prediction.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Guys, first of all, you all must chill down. Here are THE FACTS.

1.) I am one of his ex-facebook friends. I saw with my own eyes the Japan tsunami warning, and two score rugby "predictions". I am a sport betting semi-pro so he got my attention by those "predictions". Unfortunatelly I didn't catch the other score predictions as I couldn't be online 24/24, and he is in a totally different time zone as I am.

2.) Being a sports betting pro I know lots of things about fixing games. To cut it short, I don't understand how so many rugby games can be fixed on exact scores. On soccer, of course it's way easier to do it, imagine that a 4-3 exact score on soccer it's waaay easier to fix than a 42-8 score on rugby. The mechanisms should be the same, but there are more players involved, a higher number of points, and so on, so it's harder to fix a rugby game for an exact score, but not impossible. But to fix 5 games in a row...WTF... I am a little puzzled about his fixing theory (he said that all those games were fixed by TAB, an australian sports betting company), but nonetheless his "predictions" were obvious. You can't deny what you have seen with your own eyes, unless you're blind. LOL. So, I don't care how he "predicted" these, as long as his predictions are correct.

3.) We even shortly had a chat few times on facebook, and he seems to be an intelligent human being. If he's a fraud God knows, but as far as I can tell you, he is not.

4.) First time when I joined him on facebook, there were two Mitchell Coombes accounts. One of him, and the other one was the account of the famous australian psychic with the same name. Two different accounts, two different persons. If Mitchell Coombes is his real name or not, can be discussed though. Maybe he picked this name as a nickname ment to draw attention upon him. And this is not bad, as myself I used Al Pacino's name as a nickname on other forums (not conspiracies related). LOL. Anyway there is a coincidence of names here, so people must see the difference once for all.

5.) After his facebook account got deleted me and other ex-facebook friends of him started to create fan pages with his name to have a place where to discuss about him and his misterious leaving. Guess what? All those pages were taken down in matter of hours. There is a rumour that the other Mitchell Coombes, the psychic, became nervous that many people started to ask him questions about our Mitchell and reported to facebook all those fan pages we created one after another. It can be a valid explanation but please note that one of his ex-facebook friends account got also deleted. This guy is supposed to be a real life close friend of Mitchell. After Mitchell's page got deleted, few of us gathered on his page, and guess what. His page also was taken down in a matter of hours. Dubious, huh?

As a final conclusion, you can choose to trust his information or not, but stop bash him, if you don't have any evidence to do it so! I don't know where he gets his information (hackers, ETs, clairvoyance, etc.), but I don't care as long as at least one "prediction" is correct. And the Japan tsunami warning (day and hour!) along with those correct scores were all scarry accurate.
edit on 18-1-2012 by johnanthony888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I find it interesting that all of a sudden his "Facebook" friends are suddenly making ATS accounts and running to his defense.

Still not one shred of evidence except a dodgy, to say the least, screenshot of an alleged Facebook post, which could have been doctored, or as pointed out earlier one of several hidden until the event passed.

What we do know for a fact is this clown tried to rip off a reputable charity company, which throws any credibility out of the window.

I have more belief (somewhere between little and none) in the other Mitchell Coombes, the one everyones getting this criminal (fraud is a crime) confused with.

Mods, may I suggest an IP trace on the new accounts in this thread, I am not making accusations, but something smells fishy, and it's not my socks.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Don't know if the original Mitchell Coombes had real inside information or was a fake, but anyone claiming to be him after the so called successful predictions is bound to be a fake. Even if there was no discontinuity in the Facebook account, it still would have been hacked that is if his claims that the earthquakes were engineered and the rugby matches were fixed. Those capable of engineering earthquakes and keep them secret are also capable of taking over internet accounts.

If the account had been taken over by other people, they would do everything to discredit him and that would include soliciting others for money and making "predictions" that won't turn out to be true. In other words, nothing posted on internet in his name since he became popular for the accuracy of his predictions is reliable as coming from him.

That leaves only the predictions that were not too well known when they were made, but became populalrly known after they are no longer predictions. Unless each person can find reliable people (unknown people on the internet won't fit the bill) who have seen them when they were still predictions about future events and vouch for them, the logical thing to do would be to look for simpler explanations.

For example all his fans post this image as proof of his prediction

The post on March 7, 2011 12:39 pm says "Ok, everyone you've been warned of what's to come, we now have 104 hours to go! Hold on tight we are in for the shock of your lives".

The next is a comment by Ben Matthews at 4:01 pm on March 7, 2011 "wots goin to happen on fridee?"

There is nothing else until after the event. So what is it that everyone had been warned about? There are no specifics, not in that image at least. But isn't the 104 hour notice accurate? Yes, it is if that was the only "prediction" made. If he was in the habit of posting non-specific 104 hour window predictions and deleting them when nothing happens it won't be a surprise that one of them came true.

As for the rugby match scores, that doesn't surprise me in the least that heavily betted on sports matches are fixed. He should have made a pot of money if he knew the scores in advance and trusted his sources.

In conclusion, there is no way to know whether this guy was the real deal or fake. But you can be assured anything coming in his name on the internet now will be fake

If he is the real deal and managed escape the powers (he probably is not the age he claims to be and the photograph is probably someone else's that he picked up on the net) he may continue with his predictions, but under a different name.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Where is mitchell coombes?

Maybe his parents kicked him out of their basement and told him to go get a real job?
Seriously though .... wasn't his 15 minutes up when he started charging for access to his website?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

You're paranoid. I joined this forum, because the most results related to Mitchell Coombes were indexed by Google for this forum. So, after his dissapearance from facebook, I googled for more info about him, hoping that he will be in another place. So, I found this place and joined this boat right away.
Anyway, it's a take it ore leave it game. Why you just can't stop to read all the things which are related to Mitchell Coombes, if you don't give a damn on him or on his predictions?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
Don't know if the original Mitchell Coombes had real inside information or was a fake, but anyone claiming to be him after the so called successful predictions is bound to be a fake. Even if there was no discontinuity in the Facebook account, it still would have been hacked that is if his claims that the earthquakes were engineered and the rugby matches were fixed. Those capable of engineering earthquakes and keep them secret are also capable of taking over internet accounts.

If the account had been taken over by other people, they would do everything to discredit him and that would include soliciting others for money and making "predictions" that won't turn out to be true. In other words, nothing posted on internet in his name since he became popular for the accuracy of his predictions is reliable as coming from him.

That leaves only the predictions that were not too well known when they were made, but became populalrly known after they are no longer predictions. Unless each person can find reliable people (unknown people on the internet won't fit the bill) who have seen them when they were still predictions about future events and vouch for them, the logical thing to do would be to look for simpler explanations.

For example all his fans post this image as proof of his prediction

The post on March 7, 2011 12:39 pm says "Ok, everyone you've been warned of what's to come, we now have 104 hours to go! Hold on tight we are in for the shock of your lives".

The next is a comment by Ben Matthews at 4:01 pm on March 7, 2011 "wots goin to happen on fridee?"

There is nothing else until after the event. So what is it that everyone had been warned about? There are no specifics, not in that image at least. But isn't the 104 hour notice accurate? Yes, it is if that was the only "prediction" made. If he was in the habit of posting non-specific 104 hour window predictions and deleting them when nothing happens it won't be a surprise that one of them came true.

As for the rugby match scores, that doesn't surprise me in the least that heavily betted on sports matches are fixed. He should have made a pot of money if he knew the scores in advance and trusted his sources.

In conclusion, there is no way to know whether this guy was the real deal or fake. But you can be assured anything coming in his name on the internet now will be fake

If he is the real deal and managed escape the powers (he probably is not the age he claims to be and the photograph is probably someone else's that he picked up on the net) he may continue with his predictions, but under a different name.

How can you explain that he warned about this event few weeks before, week by week, without giving a precise date? You think that he posted his 104 hours warning just that, all of a sudden? You're wrong. I can vouch for what I saw.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

You gotta love that reliable screenshot, lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join