It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is mitchell coombes? the guy who predicted Japans earthquake

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
reply to post by greeneyes14

So how did you come to know Mitchell?

I need more intel for my, er, research?!

I found Mitchell AFTER the prediction, as I believe I said previously. I don't actually recall where I heard about him though as it was 10 months ago. I think it may have been on this forum when I was googling alternative cancer treatments for my Dad and that had led me to a thread here and then I saw that thread. I'm fairly certain that's how I found him anyway.
edit on 19-1-2012 by greeneyes14 because: typo

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Sigh. I promised myself I won't waste my time with this guy again... But we're here to deny ignorance. So here goes. (I will try my best not to focus on his bad behaviour and dishonesty in general, but only on the actual prediction(s).

First... (And this has been said at least more than once in this very thread
): There are two "Mitchell Coombes'". There's Mitchell Coombes the "Celebrity Psychic" from Australia. Then there is "Mitchell Coombes" from Australia. He rose to "fame" after he supposedly predicted the 8.9-magnitude earthquake that hit Japan on March 11 2011.

He was first introduced to ATS in a thread called Guy uses Illuminati card to predict the exact date and hour of the tsunami in Japan...
We are presented with a Screenshot of the Facebook page in that thread like so:
Click to see initial Facebook entry (I'll refer to this as FB Pic #1.)

While you're looking at the initial Facebook screenshot, you may want to compare it to the screenshot presented to ATS by Mitchell himself when he joined at a later stage. Screenshot by Mitchell (I'll refer to this as FB pic #2.)

Take note of the words by Mitchell (FB Pic #1):

why do i have to say it now? 6pm tsunami off the coast of japan... it occurred right on time, now stop asking me and take a look at the Illuminati Game

Take note of the reference to the Illuminati Game.

So, the guy looks legit? He gives a pretty general warning: 104 hours to go... shock of your lives on March 6, 8:39 PM (his local time). So, let's do the math...

The Earthquake hit Japan at 2:46 PM (Tokyo time). That means when it hit it was 1:46 PM in Coombes' local time...

From and including: Sunday, 6 March 2011, 20:39:00
To, but not including : Friday, 11 March 2011, 13:46:00

The duration is 4 days, 17 hours, 7 minutes and 0 seconds

So that's 113 hours (rounded down) from the moment he made the prediction to the moment of the earthquake. So, it's not exactly 104 hours, but what's 9 hours between friends? (You can do the same calculations using this site).

Note: The first tsunami hit around 15:55.

Well, at least now we know that the claim that he made the prediction to the exact hour is not true. Same date. Well done.
Predicted the actual quake or tsunamis? Not true.

Now let's have a look at some other comments quoted from his Facebook page (which is now unavailable):

As posted by Wild-eyes quoting Coombes:

I was correct to the exact hour once again. Just like with the NZ earthquake, Cyclone Yassi and the QLD Floods. You were all warned well in advance. If you did not watch those videos I posted about the pacific tsunami that is your own fault.

Note how many predictions he claimed have made that came true. This is the first and the last mention you will see of some of these claims.

And take note of this one as a Coombes quote:

I hacked the Pentagon for incriminating evidence of manufactured white powder pestilence. Marine corps, black vests, with their guns and ammo, triggering man-made tsunamis and earthquakes. So here's the truth about the HAARP weather control system, that will # up your mind; the biological warfare begins this September 11, at 11:11am.

Two important things to note:
1. He hacked the Pentagon - that's perhaps where he got is info from... (Think back about the claim that he used the playing cards.)
2. A prediction for 11 September 2011.

Let's stand still at the Illuminati Game Cards for one second. He supposedly got the Japan prediction from this card. Godzilla, synonymous with Japan. And the Fukushima nuclear disaster can be considered an "Atomic Monster"... So it's actually conceivable that he used the card to predict the Japan disaster. And he has a lot more on the Illuminati Cards if you look at one of his YouTube Channels:

From about 6:46 he starts making predictions for the future including a possible assassination on Obama, a disaster on major US city, a pandemic, quakes and tsunamis on the East Coast of Australia, London attacked (and Big Ben destroyed) during the 2012 Olympics and finally World War 3 with Russia, Iran and China vs. Israel and the US...

Perhaps for a moment we can consider that the true "Prophet" here is the actual game cards (which have been discussed many times on ATS) and not Coombes? Let's just keep the Illuminati game cards at the back of our minds for now...

Continued...
edit on 19-1-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Let's take a look at another Facebook comment screen shot. (Click to see FB Pic #3)

Again, note his own words:

The Illuminati Card Game........ i kept saying.. 104 hours to go... 30 hours to go.. and then bam, it happens

(Note that right above that, the post stating that he hacked the Pentagon...)

He also predicted something for April 25 on Facebook. It was hinted that this prediction was for a 9.9 Quake in California:

Didja see on his FB page today that he is naming April 25 at 20:24 pdt as some important date? But I don't like that he is being kinda coy with it.

Paraphrased and a screen shot (FB Pic #4).

Later Mitchell denied that this was any sort of prediction.

So, now that we've established that he uses/d the Illuminati Cards to make his predictions... (And possibly info he got after hacking the Pentagon.)

Enters Mitchell Coombes

Obviously he is asked how he made his prediction. From his responses:

The process involves many steps and long nights. It has taken many years to perfect this elaborate process.

1.) Why did you first say you use the illuminati card game to come to your conclusions, but then you said that you get your information from your hacker friends who steal info from the Pentagon?

Because I actually used both, the cards provide the "WHAT" and the WHAT only. Everything else comes from other sources.

The first indication that he doesn't simply use the cards... (Now it was a friend that hacked the Pentagon?)

The Illuminati Cards are a tongue-in-cheek game published in 1995 to show the Illuminati agenda in a sarcastic manner. Most of the cards are very vague but after intense study I have come to realize Steve Jackson definitely knows what the agenda is on the chess board.

I do not like giving people dates for predictions. I feel that just giving people dates is not enough and too vague. I prefer to give people a countdown in hours, as I did with the pacific ocean tsunami (March 11) I gave a 104 hour countdown for it.

It is important to be specific in your predictions and not be vague, so that is why I gave people an exact hour with plenty of time (4 days) to prepare for this Pacific Ocean tsunami.

Really? I don't know much about making predictions but "104 hours to go...shock of your lives" doesn't exactly match my description of "specific" or "not vague"...?

I don't consider myself a researcher, more an insider. I have to say this now because I think it's hilarious. More than half the people that actually work for HAARP don't even know half the stuff that's going on. It reminds me of Freemasonry... secrets are kept from you until you advance in the ranks.

Insider? Knows what really goes on in/at HAARP stuff people that actually works there doesn't know...

With my previous predictions (forewarnings) I never gave people dates or time frames. Remember I believe in people specific, not vague.

What does that even mean? And I'm pretty sure with his previous prediction he did give a time frame... 104 hours.

Getting them correct to the exact hour, or somewhere around there is quite freakish.

But doesn't he claim to predict events to the hour? Was he surprised at his own prediction coming true?

After people pointed out that the information he provided for he LA prediction was not the same every time he repeats it, he said:

I gave people the exact details for the epicentre of the twin tsunamis. If I remember, I think I said 151 miles off the coast of Los Angeles and the one off Portland was a more out to sea. Let me check my documents to verify this.

and then

Thank you for that. Yes you are correct. 151 miles is incorrect I do not know why that came to my head. It is actually 545 miles and 450 miles. I knew the Portland earthquake was more than 151 miles away. My mistake....

And then some additional (more precise info) on the prediction:

At this moment in time, and remember the vulnerability of change. My sources suggest that this event will happen sometime around September - October 2011.

Like I said earlier I do not like being vague, I like being specific. So when my information does get updated I can get a more clear-cut prediction panned out.

I won't be predicting this tsunami to the date, I will be predicting it again to the exact hour.

...Continued

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
So now we have a time frame (September/October 2011). For those that wanted a "failed prediction" take note.

Member Itop1 asked the following questions:

1) Who is the person giving you the information, is it a random person you met or a friend? no names are needed

2) if its not a person then how are you getting the information?

3) why are you risking your life releasing the information? (if its true) you will have government agencies hot on your tail once they find out about you leaking classified information

4) do you know how haarp works, if so, how?

5) can you ask your source to sendsome non classified photos of haarp, not asking for photos of inside, maybe just photos leading up the road to the installation, maybe photos from outside the installation so theres no chance of getting caught, this will add a lot of weight.

Mitchell’s response:

1) ANSWER: The person giving me this information has inside information and he is not a random person. He is a close contact of mine that I have known for several years. Last year when he told me about all this I laughed at him and told him to cut the BS but the information he provided me was correct time and time again. I apologized to him for being sceptical. I now know these tsunamis are man-made.

3) ANSWER: I am risking my life because I know this is real and I want to prove to the world that this is real and save lives. As far as I know, my phone lines are tapped (land line and mobile) and I have had people stalking me for several weeks. Now that I am in the spotlight and have said:

"Look if I disappear that will be more evidence that everything I am saying is true and not a conspiracy"

I have made that clear to them. Now if they took me out (kidnapped me, killed me) that would further confirm the authenticity of this and expose them more, I don't know for sure but that is my take on it. I am rather scared of my safety though. Within 4 days of the Japan tsunami my phone started acting rather strange- Every time I said certain keywords it would click at me (Illuminati, Rex 84, Norad, CIA etc).

4) ANSWER: Yes I know how HAARP operates... It's funny that most people that actually work for HAARP/CIA don't even know themselves, which makes them look pretty stupid.

Where to begin?!

What happened to the Illuminati Cards and the role they play in the process? What type of telephone conversations would a person where you would mention Illuminati, Rex 84, Norad, CIA, etc? And unless you're still stuck in 1985, your telephone won’t "click" when it's tapped. How does he know what HAARP or CIA employees actually know or don't know?

And let's pause again at this point... There has been some posts suggesting that Coombes made accurate predictions for sports events...

3 months later he came out and proved himself again by predicting five Rugby League scorelines and one Canadian Football League scoreline.
One of many examples

Apart from the fact that we've seen zero proof of this, how does this fit in with the disaster predictions!? Did he get the score results from the Illuminati Game Cards? Or from the person that hacked the Pentagon? (Or was it Mitchell himself that hacked the Pentagon? I forget.) Or the HAARP insider? It's all so confusing... Could those that are not "a sheeple" please explain to the rest of us "sheeple" how HAARP is influencing sports events?

On Friday March 11 I almost died of a heart attack in utter shock of the tsunami in Japan. When he gave me the date and time for the New Zealand earthquake I thought it was just a co-incidence but twice now is freaky. To this day I am still freaked out by it.

Again... The Illuminati Cards warned him... No wait, the insider told him what was going to happen... And when it actually happened, he was surprised? Hmmm... He gives a warning "104 hours" in advance. And then he is actually shocked when it happens 3 days later?

And may we just look back at one of his previous posts where he said:

Once I am 110% certain that the tsunami is going to occur at an EXACT TIME and DATE, I will release it (just like with the Chile earthquake, NZ earthquake and the Japan tsunami).

And

You obviously did not hear about me before my predictions and only heard about me afterwards, which is why you are sceptical regardless of how accurate I have been this year with my forewarnings.

So... According to the one post, the Japan quake was the second prediction that came true. In another post there were three accurate predictions. In another post he claims a whole year of predictions. Should I spell out the inconsistencies, or can we move on?

Continued...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Let's talk about my new website and the $9.99 monthly subscription fee. Now I know a lot of you will call me a greedy money-hungry fraud, a con-artist, a scam-artist etc... but let me say this.

I have managed to raise enough funds to provide my website for FREE. I do not like charging people money for basic things. Although my website has been a success and we did manage to raise considerable funds... we have decided to make it FREE to remove the "Mitchell Coombes is a fraud, a con-artist" accusations. So again I am sorry if $2.50 a week is too much to ask, but we will not need a constant flow of cash anymore.

So to top it all off... I wish to inform everyone on here that my website has been a great success. Due to sufficient sponsorship and donations we are excited to announce a FREE website with FREE membership. No fees will be required to subscribe.

Oh wait... I said I wouldn't mention this. Sorry.

But while we're on the point of his free website... BeyondTopSecret. It now reads This Account Has Been Suspended. What happened there? What happened to the considerable funds? Was there ever anything posted on the site (other than requests for money)? None of the Site Archives have any history on the page. Why did he want his own domain? Why not just do a free blog?

And at this point Mitchell was banned from ATS for solicitation, and the promise of a prediction was left hanging in the air.

So, there you have the story of Mitchell Coombes. Make of it what you will. But from what I (and so many others) have seen, there are so many, many indicators pointing at the fact that he is a fraud when it comes to making predictions.

And for those too lazy to read through all of that, here's the short version:

1. Mitchell Coombes did not predict the exact time of Japan quake or tsunami.
2. Coombes did not predict either a quake or a tsunami. He just gave a general warning.
3. Coombes’ explanation for where he gets his “power of prediction” from range from Illuminati Game cards, to the fact that he hacked the Pentagon, to a friend that hacked the Pentagon to “an insider”, i.e. his source(s) for the prediction(s) is inconsistent.
4. Coombes claims that he made the prediction(s) using the Illuminati cards and “many years to perfect this elaborate process”. He later states that “the insider” told him, and that the Japan quake was only the second warning he got from the insider. Again his source(s) for the prediction(s) is inconsistent..
5. Coombes are uncertain about how many accurate predictions he made.
6. Coombes made a prediction (LA disaster) for September/October 2011. It did not come true. He made a prediction (biological warfare) for 11 September 2011. It did not come true.
7. Coombes contradicted himself in terms of distance when he gave the LA predictions.
8. Coombes supposedly made accurate predictions for sports events. No proof. And no indication how the sports events predictions fit in with the disaster predictions made by the Illuminati Cards/insider info.
9. Coombes warn people because he wants to save lives, yet the “Japan prediction” was so vague that there was no chance of it saving a single life.

And that’s more or less the short of it. If anyone still believes Mitchell Coombes and his predictions, that’s your problem. Good on you (?) for having blind faith in a fellow human being. But I dare you to call me (or any other member) a hater or a "sheeple" just because we’re able to see through shenanigans…

.. The End ..

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Great job dude!! I appreciate it very much!

This is such a strange story, and i am not sure we have seen the last of it yet.. But what you have done here is gather alot of key happenings into a central point for easy reference into the future, which will be useful for alot of people. Wish i could star you more than once

edit on 19-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Couldnt have wrote it up better myself, i was sitting puzzling on how to write somthing similar

He also mentioned on another site someone posted either on page 9 or 10, that he has connections with the hacker group anonymous.

what puzzled me back then was the inconsistencies with these 2 pictures,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

different dates yet the same thing said & the same 2 posters saying the exact same thing - this is what initially got my back up, thinkin something aint right,

also looking at this one img132.imageshack.us... - gives the impressesion he was taking the piss out of us *nut cases*

I understand peoples need to believe, he was pretty believable to most, and took in alot of ATS members at the time until slowly his web was being untangled and he began stuttering his answers. I remember speaking to a *friend* of mr coombes , who says that although intelligent he was a bit wrapped up in things and liked to play games (unfortunately i no longer have the screenshot
- so take that as you will)

I DO NOT condone some of the ATS members attitudes in this thread as some quite frankly have been rather childish, especially for a respectable site such as this, i however understand it 100% .

Irrigardless people will believe what they will, and that's their right to do so.
edit on 19/1/12 by ronishia because: catchin those gremlins

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
As I have said before, this is what sets ATS apart from other discussion sites, genuine members (including moderators) actually take time to research issues, rather than jump on the proverbial bandwagon.

Big thanks to Gemwolf for laying out those facts above, and thanks to the members who seen through all this carry on and showed ATS is about truth and not hearsay.

I also apologise if I have offended any other members with my responses, sometimes one has to take a tough stance in these issues.

I need coffee.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Well people who have posted on this thread have actually left, whether they fell or were pushed is debatable without confirmation from a MOD, but hopefully it is for the best.

I think that sometimes people forget that this is not a situation of bashing people who make predictions, it is more to do with the fact that people may just believe what they are being told and do something stupid. If a 23 year old tells you to sell your home and move to somewhere else, well you would need to know if they were genuine, or a scammer, before you even considered believing what they say.

Although 104 hours warning would not even be enough time to move your family, home and posessions and find somewhere safe to go, let alone sell your house. I know some would say that you would be a fool to stay, given the warning, but what if the place you move to gets a warning the following week, do you keep moving ?

In my opinion, anyone who is really worried about disaster scenarios, should think about this now and decide if they would be better off elsewhere, decide what the risks are to where they live and think of the safest place to make a new home, it is too late when something happens. It is just no good living in constant fear, but it serves our puppet masters if we do, we will be to worried to be a threat to them.

There will be future disasters, we all know that, the trick is to minimise the risks to ourselves. But anyone that takes the ramblings of this self proclaimed kid for real and panics into anything, only has themselves to blame.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

And for those too lazy to read through all of that, here's the short version:

1. Mitchell Coombes did not predict the exact time of Japan quake or tsunami.
2. Coombes did not predict either a quake or a tsunami. He just gave a general warning.
3. Coombes’ explanation for where he gets his “power of prediction” from range from Illuminati Game cards, to the fact that he hacked the Pentagon, to a friend that hacked the Pentagon to “an insider”, i.e. his source(s) for the prediction(s) is inconsistent.
4. Coombes claims that he made the prediction(s) using the Illuminati cards and “many years to perfect this elaborate process”. He later states that “the insider” told him, and that the Japan quake was only the second warning he got from the insider. Again his source(s) for the prediction(s) is inconsistent..
5. Coombes are uncertain about how many accurate predictions he made.
6. Coombes made a prediction (LA disaster) for September/October 2011. It did not come true. He made a prediction (biological warfare) for 11 September 2011. It did not come true.
7. Coombes contradicted himself in terms of distance when he gave the LA predictions.
8. Coombes supposedly made accurate predictions for sports events. No proof. And no indication how the sports events predictions fit in with the disaster predictions made by the Illuminati Cards/insider info.
9. Coombes warn people because he wants to save lives, yet the “Japan prediction” was so vague that there was no chance of it saving a single life.

And that’s more or less the short of it. If anyone still believes Mitchell Coombes and his predictions, that’s your problem. Good on you (?) for having blind faith in a fellow human being. But I dare you to call me (or any other member) a hater or a "sheeple" just because we’re able to see through shenanigans…

.. The End ..

I sincerely appreciate your tremendous effort putting this together.. it's one of the most logical posts from any ATSer, thus far. However, I do have a few corrections to this that I felt were important to point out. BTW, I did read ALL of your posts and all of the attachments, I'm just using your short list for simplicity sake. I'll just enumerate the points that I'm referencing below:

1. The screenshot that you're using to do the time error (FB pic #2) was NOT taken by Mitchell. It was taken by one of his friends. Of course, since his page is deleted, I can't tell you which friend because I didn't have really any of them on my list nor did I think I should remember the name on the post for future reference. But I do remember that it wasn't Mitchell, he was just TAGGED in the shot. I remember because of the annoying red hand-made line around the post.. I'm one of those anal retentive people that immediately thought "why the hell didn't they use a box instead of freehand?!". For example, Australia is 16 hours ahead of EST in the US. That would make this post 3 hours off (late). Geography is not my strong suit, let alone time zones of specific countries, but for whatever area is 3 hours AHEAD of EST in the US could be the originating country of the person who DID take this screenshot. If/when Mitchell's profile comes back up, I will be happy to take a screenshot of the post and do the time configuration myself based on my timezone. Until then, there's nothing I can do to convince you other than assure you that's not his post. But think about it.. any time Mitchell referred to his posts being correct, he gave the link to his post, not a screenshot. And since someone had already uploaded that SS he probably just pulled and posted it. I remember in an old thread someone else was explaining the time difference because of the timezones, it may have even been the same grab.

2. I wouldn't say that he didn't predict the Japan tsunami. FB pic #3 show that he did say a Japan tsunami would happen "later tonight" which was 4 hours prior to the quake if that SS was from Australia. Unless we know who took that grab, we can't say when it was posted and therefore that it wasn't (or was) predicted beforehand. Also, these are not inclusive of ALL of the posts that Mitchell made prior to the quake, these are just what we have on hand as grabs. With his profile gone we can't take new grabs to say that it was predicted succinctly beforehand, but that also means we can't say that we can't say that it wasn't either. All we can say is that we don't have enough proof in either way right now.

(continued..)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

3. He has said they were both. In the posts he said they were the cards he never said ONLY the cards. Perhaps he didn't want to reveal he had a source at the beginning. Maybe the source didn't want him to, maybe he was afraid to target himself by saying he had a source (before that he could just be a stupid kid with a card game). Maybe he was being immature and just wanted to take the credit himself. Who knows.

6. As you even said yourself, Mitchell stated that "his sources suggest that this event will happen sometime around September -- October 2011". He said he would update when he had precise information and has ALWAYS said his warnings would not come unless it was an 104 hour warning. Therefore, this was not an official warning, it was an assumed suggested timeline by whatever source. That does not make it a failed prediction.

7. As you stated, he said "If I remember correctly, I think I said 151 miles off the coast of Los Angeles" and "let me check my files to verify this". Jesus, give the kid a break. He even said if he remembered correctly and that he would check. So he didn't remember exact numbers, that makes him a fraud? He never changed these numbers, there is a screenshot on ATS somewhere of those numbers. I saw it yesterday I think. (Maybe I shouldn't say that, it might make me a fraud.. my days are running together from lack of sleep and it may have actually been TWO days ago). How many questions was the poor kid answering that you all were throwing at him left and right? I'm sure he was overwhelmed a little and he corrected himself immediately.

8. As far as I know, Mitchell never said the scores were connected to disaster predictions. I didn't see you post somewhere suggesting he did. Why do they need to be connected to something else? I don't get it..

9. See point 2.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronishia
reply to post by Gemwolf

Couldnt have wrote it up better myself, i was sitting puzzling on how to write somthing similar

He also mentioned on another site someone posted either on page 9 or 10, that he has connections with the hacker group anonymous.

what puzzled me back then was the inconsistencies with these 2 pictures,

different dates yet the same thing said & the same 2 posters saying the exact same thing - this is what initially got my back up, thinkin something aint right,

also looking at this one img132.imageshack.us... - gives the impressesion he was taking the piss out of us *nut cases*

I understand peoples need to believe, he was pretty believable to most, and took in alot of ATS members at the time until slowly his web was being untangled and he began stuttering his answers. I remember speaking to a *friend* of mr coombes , who says that although intelligent he was a bit wrapped up in things and liked to play games (unfortunately i no longer have the screenshot
- so take that as you will)

I DO NOT condone some of the ATS members attitudes in this thread as some quite frankly have been rather childish, especially for a respectable site such as this, i however understand it 100% .

Irrigardless people will believe what they will, and that's their right to do so.
edit on 19/1/12 by ronishia because: catchin those gremlins

Your post just proved my first point in my above post about the time inconsistencies. This proves (since I'm sure no one would believe me on my word alone) that the red "circled" SS was not taken by Mitchell as it shows there is a 16 hour difference between the posts (the first post is 16 hours ahead of the second). That doesn't prove that the first one was by Mitchell either, it could be any are in a time zone ahead of him still (again, my geography sucks, so I don't know how many hours it could be off, but at least by 1 since you GEM said Japan is an hour ahead of Australia.

The reason that there are differences in the screenshots is because whomever took the second one had the "Ben Matthews" person blocked (or Ben had them blocked) that's why his posts don't show on that SS.
edit on 19-1-2012 by greeneyes14 because: typed geo instead of gem.. oops

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
Well people who have posted on this thread have actually left, whether they fell or were pushed is debatable without confirmation from a MOD, but hopefully it is for the best.

I think that sometimes people forget that this is not a situation of bashing people who make predictions, it is more to do with the fact that people may just believe what they are being told and do something stupid. If a 23 year old tells you to sell your home and move to somewhere else, well you would need to know if they were genuine, or a scammer, before you even considered believing what they say.

Although 104 hours warning would not even be enough time to move your family, home and posessions and find somewhere safe to go, let alone sell your house. I know some would say that you would be a fool to stay, given the warning, but what if the place you move to gets a warning the following week, do you keep moving ?

In my opinion, anyone who is really worried about disaster scenarios, should think about this now and decide if they would be better off elsewhere, decide what the risks are to where they live and think of the safest place to make a new home, it is too late when something happens. It is just no good living in constant fear, but it serves our puppet masters if we do, we will be to worried to be a threat to them.

There will be future disasters, we all know that, the trick is to minimise the risks to ourselves. But anyone that takes the ramblings of this self proclaimed kid for real and panics into anything, only has themselves to blame.

I think you're being a bit dramatic. I don't recall Mitchell telling people to move within 104 hours. I live in Los Angeles and I have no plans to move, but I do plan to be far enough away when the warning comes, just in case. I'll take my dogs and some necessities, and maybe whatever I decide to shove in my car, just in case. But everything else is replaceable (in the worst case scenario) and that's what renter's (or home owner's) insurance is for.

Also, I'm not sure why you think that everyone left or got kicked off because no one posted in a few hours. Most people are/were sleeping or have jobs or lives outside of the forums. I don't mean that rudely, I'm just saying, that's a little presumptive, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Yes, Ben Mathews had me blocked! LOL That second one is my screenshot, as you will see from my jennybee35 tab open at the top right on the screenshot. I have quite a few screenshots of Mitchell's FB page, at his request. He had asked me several times to capture screenshots for him

I will say this: I have no dog in this fight. I did spend a fair amount of time conversing with Mitchell back in the summer, but I have since decided that he is playing games like any kid will do. I have no idea how the predictions worked, or even if they are on the up-and-up, and don't really care anymore. He just asked me to do one too many favors for him that he could have done himself.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyes14

I think you're being a bit dramatic. I don't recall Mitchell telling people to move within 104 hours. I live in Los Angeles and I have no plans to move, but I do plan to be far enough away when the warning comes, just in case. I'll take my dogs and some necessities, and maybe whatever I decide to shove in my car, just in case. But everything else is replaceable (in the worst case scenario) and that's what renter's (or home owner's) insurance is for.

Also, I'm not sure why you think that everyone left or got kicked off because no one posted in a few hours. Most people are/were sleeping or have jobs or lives outside of the forums. I don't mean that rudely, I'm just saying, that's a little presumptive, don't you think?

Not really, I was being polite, I know people ( at least 3 ) were banned, but hey ho, you really seem to know your stuff about Mitchell, some may even suspect you know a little too much, but perhaps your life outside ATS leaves you enough time to learn so much about him. This is the first thread I have posted in, in months, so I guess I must have a life away from here.

You found the time to post 4 very lengthy post with lots of details, your memory must be terrific to remember so many of Mitchells personal details, then I suppose you must be very close to him if even his brother contacts you. He usually appears near the death end of a thread about him and tries to bail himself out by posting tons of rubbish.

He has proved in the past that he has three main motivations in life, Money, Fame, Popularity, in that order, he has never let the facts get in the way of a good story, and his self publicist obsession has always resulted in him using multiple identities, to start a story about himself, then feed it.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Qwenn because: spelling

edit on 19-1-2012 by Qwenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
LOL, I think someone on this thread has blocked me from a new group started on FB called "We stand united in your absence, Mitchell Coombes"! I see it is still listed on FB, but I am no longer a member and can't see the group page! I am just crushed.....

Oh well, I only wanted to see if Mitchell would private message me again to let me know just what is up. I think I'll probably be able to live with the decision to 'vote me off the island'!!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I applaud you for standing by the guy in the bad times, and I'm sure he truly appreciate it as he's reading this thread.

I have made my case. Presented facts available to everyone and simply questioned it. People are - as always - welcome to make up their own minds with what is presented to them.

I will not be spending any more time "investigating" or "researching" the guy - Any more and it could be considered "unhealthy".

I will comment on one point - and that is the sports predictions. Coombes stated that he isn't a psychic but uses a combination of both the cards and/or inside information. Then, suddenly, he is a psychic by "accurately predicting sports scores". I question this inconsistency. You cannot bring predicted sports scores to the table as proof of his predictions skills and present it next to the fact that he uses game cards/inside information to make his predictions...

Hopefully that will be the last I'm going to say on this matter. Good luck with your mission to find and support Mitchell Coombes. I sincerely hope that you will not be wasting your time, energy and especially money on the guy. Look out for yourself as much as you are looking out for Coombes.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Not really, I was being polite, I know people ( at least 3 ) were banned, but hey ho, you really seem to know your stuff about Mitchell, some may even suspect you know a little too much, but perhaps your life outside ATS leaves you enough time to learn so much about him. This is the first thread I have posted in, in months, so I guess I must have a life away from here.

You found the time to post 4 very lengthy post with lots of details, your memory must be terrific to remember so many of Mitchells personal details, then I suppose you must be very close to him if even his brother contacts you. He usually appears near the death end of a thread about him and tries to bail himself out by posting tons of rubbish.

He has proved in the past that he has three main motivations in life, Money, Fame, Popularity, in that order, he has never let the facts get in the way of a good story, and his self publicist obsession has always resulted in him using multiple identities, to start a story about himself, then feed it.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Qwenn because: spelling

edit on 19-1-2012 by Qwenn because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I know people got banned too, I just read on FB. lol Anyway, I assure you I am not Mitchell (though I'm sure Mitchell would say that as well). I'm happy to give someone (you, admin, whomever, but not EVERYONE) a link to my facebook page privately. You're welcome to friend me and see I'm not fake (I can skype with you if you like so you can see I match my FB profile, though I've been up all night and haven't showered yet this morning, so give me some time to look presentable!
) If you are the person I think you might be, I think you know me anyway.. maybe I'm remembering wrong. And I believe she and I didn't get along -- which were for whatever reasons from a year ago and I don't recall why because I hated many people on Mitchell's page because frankly, many of them are idiots (for asking stupid questions, over and over, not for believing what he says). Besides, the admins could easily look at my IP and see I'm nowhere near Australia.

I do have a lot of free time right now, unfortunately. No work at the moment and haven't been sleeping well (hence, being up all night the past few nights). Most of the detail that I included was straight from the screenshots that GEM posted in his post. Any info that comes from memory and I'm unsure of (because my memory is not the greatest) I've said I think or I'm not 100% certain. Many things that I recall from Mitchell are also because he repeated them time and time again (ie the warning is not on until he posts 104 hours, etc). Mitchell's brother messaged me because I messaged him first asking if Mitch was okay and saying that people were worried. All he said to me was that he's fine and thinks he wanted a break. One sentence. It wasn't a lengthy discussion. In fact, when I replied back to that he didn't even respond (yet anyway).
edit on 19-1-2012 by greeneyes14 because: removed name

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Qwenn

BTW, what time zone do you live in so we can determine the time that Mitchell made that original post? It was March 6, 8:39pm your time. So we know that as a fact finally and can see how "close" the prediction really was. Thanks. (GEM, you will have to do the math again, sorry, I am exhausted!)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join