It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hermosa Beach UFO 1/13/2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Can you show me how that is done?

I am not familiar with that program and would like to learn how to see if something has been altered.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Again I NEVER said it was alien

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I have u2u'd another member about CGI, hopefully they can give some direction on how to tell if it truly is.

Since you are really into UFO's, and a big part of that is video evidence, why don't you take a little bit and educate yourself about video using any one of the dozens free or cheap software packages out there? Download one of them, follow a couple of tutorials....etc. You don't need to become an expert at it, just get some knowledge on the process.

I mean, if your REALLY interested in denying ignorance, why not learn at least the basics of the things that you view EVERY DAY about a subject your really intersted in?

I don't understand why people are so scared to learn a thing or two about reality around here......

Don't insult me please.

I NEVER said I was scared to learn anything and if you knew me you would know that is not true. I have asked a few times how to learn about CGI. I have no problem with that kind of stuff, it helps me with things like this and others I come across that are questionable. I'm not a computer expert and have no idea what programs to even look at that is why I ask on here. I have had some great information from other members on how to look at photos and such, now I want to learn about video.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
the only problem with someone learning it just for fun, is the software is not cheap.

and please nobody violate T&C by telling us how to download it illegally

Adobe After Effects....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
the only problem with someone learning it just for fun, is the software is not cheap.

Adobe After Effects....

I don't mind the cost since i know many people locally who have shops that can get me it cheaper than it is online and it's legal

Thanks for the link!

It's also not for fun. I have always been interested in this stuff just didn't know where to look for software since I'm not a computer person. It would help with many other things i do online and in my personal life.

I got some really awesome links from ArMap awhile back on photo editing and it has helped with some pics I have looked at that have to do with Mars. I hope this program will help in the same way.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

HAHA awesome! They have a trial version, that will work for now til I can get in touch with my friend to get the full version and it's legal
He has a computer shop and gets all the programs for a great price. I have CS4 on my Acer but it's dead, however the hard drive is fine I just need to get everything off of it.

thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Adobe After Effects....

Got the trial version for 30days! This will help with getting to know hopefully the basics til I get the full program.

Ok now i have some learning to do

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Adobe After Effects....

Got the trial version for 30days! This will help with getting to know hopefully the basics til I get the full program.

Ok now i have some learning to do

great! have fun. i would play too, but i just dont have the time for it!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Usually I don't either but since I got laid off I have plenty of time til I find something new. It's actually a good thing I have this to learn because I was going insane from boredom!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That's great that you want to learn about simple video editing. You will quickly see how easy it is. The types of light-in-sky ufo crap videos can be made by a semi-trained monkey with under 5 hours of software experience. So yeah, good on you..........but.......

I have said this a million times on here, and this thread is a good illustration of it. the MAJORITY of these videos can be INSTANTLY disregarded without the user having ANY video editing experience. Common sense, reason and logic is all the filter you need in order to protect yourself from the nonsense that makes us all look like gullible morons.

And I'm going to put this as gently as I can to you.....that common sense, reason and logic filter I just spoke of.....you don't have it. Don't get all pissy on my for saying it, I'm not insulting you. I am pointing out an obvious fact. You spend enough time around this forum, and have enough interest in this subject to be able to immediately discredit the awful youtube crap you continuously thrust upon us. The fact that you should be able, with videos like the one you posted, to use a very few logical points to not bother with it, but don't have the innate skill-set of common sense, reason and logic (I guess it can't be learned?) tells me that no matter what you learn about video editing, photoshop or anything technical is not going to protect you from the nonsense you are amazed and confused by (because technical skills are NOT NEEDED to discredit the video you posted).

So if I were you, I wouldn't worry about learning the technical stuff. As, like i have said (and many others on this very thread have outright hinted to you...including a mod), for the majority of the videos all you need it your wits about you.

There, I saved you from spending hours learning about video editing. You should instead study a few other subjects that will better aid you. I would be more than happy to suggest some reading material that will help you develop a sharper wit.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

That's great that you want to learn about simple video editing. You will quickly see how easy it is. The types of light-in-sky ufo crap videos can be made by a semi-trained monkey with under 5 hours of software experience. So yeah, good on you..........but.......

I am never against learning

And I'm going to put this as gently as I can to you.....that common sense, reason and logic filter I just spoke of.....you don't have it. Don't get all pissy on my for saying it, I'm not insulting you. I am pointing out an obvious fact. You spend enough time around this forum, and have enough interest in this subject to be able to immediately discredit the awful youtube crap you continuously thrust upon us.

Again, if you knew me and my posting esp when it involves this topic I don't post videos because I can usually tell which ones are crap just by researching on google but these I couldnt find much information on since they were newer ones so I shared on here. That is what this site is about. Working together.

The fact that you should be able, with videos like the one you posted, to use a very few logical points to not bother with it, but don't have the innate skill-set of common sense, reason and logic (I guess it can't be learned?)

STOP insulting me please. I have tons of common sense, reason and logic. Let me ask you something....Have you ever seen a UFO in person? I have and it looks very similar to what I see in these videos esp the one that just moved and stopped. So these videos struck a personal cord you could say and I wanted to share them. I dont talk about what I have experienced much on here cause i have no "proof" since that is all people scream for anymore. Ones word means nothing anymore.

tells me that no matter what you learn about video editing, photoshop or anything technical is not going to protect you from the nonsense you are amazed and confused by (because technical skills are NOT NEEDED to discredit the video you posted).

You have no idea how wrong you are. You shouldn't make assumptions about someone when you don't know them
I am very into photo editing and PS and learning all this kinds of stuff. I ask many members on here in private messages for sites to practice and learn from esp since I have a few thread ideas but don't want ot post them til i can prove my point with the photo and well that takes time.

I remember when I joined there was a picture i posted of this creepy looking guy and it was shown to me that it was Photoshop and that was it. I didn't get upset over it and disbelieve it. I am not one of those types of people. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong but I will not let someone insult my intelligence and say I'm lacking common sense and whatever else it is you said.

So if I were you, I wouldn't worry about learning the technical stuff. As, like i have said (and many others on this very thread have outright hinted to you...including a mod), for the majority of the videos all you need it your wits about you.

Sorry if it's CGI show me if you are such an expert. Also a mod who has no idea about CGI themself isn't gonna cut it, she actually helped me with a link to a program i have since downloaded so I can learn. Also not one person responded that even has a clue about CGI so how can one claim it's 100% CGI when one has zero knowledge of it? That is like me refusing to say it isn't CGI when I havent' a clue myself. I'd rather learn about it which is why I posted the videos.

There, I saved you from spending hours learning about video editing. You should instead study a few other subjects that will better aid you. I would be more than happy to suggest some reading material that will help you develop a sharper wit.

Again please stop insulting me. You might want to read this thread Civility, Manners and Decorum in the U/A forum

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'm trying to figure out if you're just baiting for an argument or seriously don't know how to talk to people in a proper and civilized manner. Honestly, if you're trying to sound intelligent by your condescending tone, you're doing a less than good job of doing so.

I emplore people to actually think what the term UFO actually means. By definition it means "Unidentified Flying Object", this can be spanned from a bird, to debris, to an aircraft, or anything else airborne which is assumed to have it's own power source. It does not always mean aliens.

In this case, I am looking at a few things which stand out here, for starters, the uniform arc which these lights appear to have, and the path of said arc. I am also looking at the flicker of these lights. These seem to be similar to that of landing flares, the problem with that, is that they don't seem to be descending in altitude.

My next immediate guess would be something along the lines of VTOL.

My votes go towards more of a "down to earth" theory, rather than something far out. Will have to do some more research on it.
edit on 17.1.2012 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Dude (or dudette) I'm not insulting you. Please, you must re-read what I have said and actually understand it before getting all defense and wrapping yourself up in the old T&C blanket to protect yourself. Sorry you must have lived a sheltered life and not talked to intelligent people in the real world, so someone addressing you with reality can be a little frightening.

Your responses to me indicate that you didn't understand what I wrote, as some of your responses are 100% wrong compared to what I said (even after you quoted me....I'm not even going to guess how you screwed that up).

Look, I thought I made it clear enough that you would understand. I'm sorry I'm too confusing. Let me spell it out for you guys right here...sigh...again....

You don't need ay technical ability to dismiss videos such as this. Plain old common sense, reason and logic can pretty much allow you to move along. The fact that you lack the ability to filter stuff like this nonsense out before wasting time crying for a video expert to come in here tells me that no amount of technical knowledge will save you.

So yeah.....ah.....er...you guys keep giving crap like this attention, discussing the cgi aspects, vtol aspects (rotflmao) and what kind of alien species are driving these infernal things.....you guys keep doing that, giving crap like this attention and you will continue to see more and more of it. it's the whole "supply and demand" thing. I'm trying to help you understand that if you smarten up a little then the demand for nonsense like this goes down, thus we will see less and less of it.....thus the signal to noise ratio in this subject becomes more favorable over the next decade. But, I don't expect you to understand a single thing I just typed, as you even messed up responses to things I said after you quoted me in your reply (lol).

So yeah, I'm being civil. Run and hide behind the T&C anytime someone speaks to you online in a manner your not accustomed to, that's fine. But for the record, this is how I talk in person. And you know what, I don't have a single person mis-understand anything I say in person or think I'm being mean. I guess the written word carries so much authority your get all bent out of shape over nothing. Sad, the sheltered internet ufologists are touchy individuals.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

I'm trying to figure out if you're just baiting for an argument or seriously don't know how to talk to people in a proper and civilized manner. Honestly, if you're trying to sound intelligent by your condescending tone, you're doing a less than good job of doing so.

I emplore people to actually think what the term UFO actually means. By definition it means "Unidentified Flying Object", this can be spanned from a bird, to debris, to an aircraft, or anything else airborne which is assumed to have it's own power source. It does not always mean aliens.

In this case, I am looking at a few things which stand out here, for starters, the uniform arc which these lights appear to have, and the path of said arc. I am also looking at the flicker of these lights. These seem to be similar to that of landing flares, the problem with that, is that they don't seem to be descending in altitude.

My next immediate guess would be something along the lines of VTOL.

My votes go towards more of a "down to earth" theory, rather than something far out. Will have to do some more research on it.
edit on 17.1.2012 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

is it still a UFO if it is man made on a computer?
me thinks not. so no, i dont think this is a UFO....

im still on the CGI side...there are a zillion videos out there that are the same and are CGI.

there are lots of things that discount this...NO other witness. the "testimony of having a dream". the 4 vids in same location by same person....and again NO other witness...not even the chopper pilots.....the obvious signs of CGI....

ive seen sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many hoax videos thanks to CGI...you really do learn to spot them immiediately.....

eh....we are not going to find truth on YouTube. We are not. We just are not going to.....
edit on January 17th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I should have been more clear, that I did not rule the possability of a fake out. I simply stated possible explanations, which could account for the way things acted in the video the way they did.

Believe me, I know how many hoaxes and fakes there are on YouTube, that's why I never credit any research to any such YouTube videos.

Just to clear that up.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I'm not an expert in CGI, much less in it's video version, but the lights do not look "normal".

For example, in the first video, when he zooms in on the lights, we can see what looks like some kind of lens flare, making the light look like a four points star, but why is the "lens flare" vertical? Why that small angle between the vertical and the vertical lines around the light?

On the second video, although it's a little difficult to be sure, it looks like the lights do not shake in synch with the camera, a common sign that the things may have come from two different sources and merged together.

If you download a copy of the video (always a good idea) you can then use something like Avidemux (free) to look at the video, although you can do much more with it.

PS: As you can see, I think the videos are fake, but keep looking, and getting to know the tools with which you can analyse and compare the videos is the best way of doing things, at least to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Dude (or dudette) I'm not insulting you.
You may insult another person even if that's not your intention, the only one knowing it is the target of the words you spoke/wrote, in the same way some people talk to us supposing they insulting us and we just ignore them.

It has happened to me many times, and some common sense, reason and logic should make you think about that.

You don't need ay technical ability to dismiss videos such as this. Plain old common sense, reason and logic can pretty much allow you to move along.
I think the videos are fake but I don't dismiss them, I use them as another piece of probable CGI in my (still far from organised) files.

Commons sense (which is also a relative thing) comes from the knowledge we gather during our life, so analysing any video will only help to build a better common sense.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I'm not an expert in CGI, much less in it's video version, but the lights do not look "normal".

For example, in the first video, when he zooms in on the lights, we can see what looks like some kind of lens flare, making the light look like a four points star, but why is the "lens flare" vertical? Why that small angle between the vertical and the vertical lines around the light?

I was wondering about the zoom on the lights and how that would look like that. I did find some vids and a thread by pianopraze on lens flare. Makes sense.

On the second video, although it's a little difficult to be sure, it looks like the lights do not shake in synch with the camera, a common sign that the things may have come from two different sources and merged together.

Didn't know that, thanks

If you download a copy of the video (always a good idea) you can then use something like Avidemux (free) to look at the video, although you can do much more with it.

Thanks!! I do have a program to download vids too! I got it from someone in chat a while back
Thanks for this link too! Will do

PS: As you can see, I think the videos are fake, but keep looking, and getting to know the tools with which you can analyse and compare the videos is the best way of doing things, at least to me.

Thanks ArMap! As always you help me a lot with things like this and btw that Hirise site you sent me to, I love it! I have put in a few suggestions, now I have to wait

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I lived in this area from 2002 to 2008 and in that time I was never a believer but at the same time I never looked for such a thing either. On a side note since then I have seen numerous UFO's since Nov of 2011 here in the Chicago area. When I did live in Hermosa Beach though I knew a few people who told me stories of sightings they had seen over the ocean. These strories were from credible people. One boyfriend of mine at the time witnessed a craft actually decend into the ocean. These things are VERY real people and i do believe that some other worldly species has bases in the ocean. I dont care if you call me crazy, but what about the incident after Pearl Harbor when the Ufo's were spotted over the ocean in the same spot. Gooogle it and there are many accounts of this back when that happened by residents there and our military attacked the ufos at the time thinking they were a Pearl Harbor like attack!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join