It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time for a proper introduction? I think so!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Greetings to YOU, The reader,

I know it is kind of late for me to be making an introduction post, when I made this account I jumped right into various discussions in the forums, but it is better late than never I suppose! I first heard about this site from a friend of mine a few years ago, he never really encouraged me to join but we mainly just discussed topics and ideas that he read about on the forums. I don't believe he has an account on this site, but I am sure he is a lurker. I never really got around to checking out ATS for my own eyes until a week or two ago, when I stumbled upon a topic. Over the next few days I read up on a lot of the topics, old and new, that was of interest to me. Those were mainly to do with Cryptozoology (I live near a very large nation park north of America's border), and secret U.S. government bases (such as the one that supposedly lies underneath Dulce, New Mexico).

Anyway, now that I've introduced myself a little bit I think i'll go back to doing what I've been doing.

-Mr.S.Creep

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSleepCreep

Welcome, SleepCreep,

I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Regards,
Jarrah.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Welcome aboard bud!

There's beer in the fridge!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Reading the intro, I was hoping for a real introduction such as interests, background, educational pursuits, etc.

I've been bombarded with revolations lately. My favorite is the realization that government would be infinitely more efficient and fair with infinite transperancy and participation. If we all knew each other, our opinions would have more impact.

I have no fear of who knows me but I don't have a govt job either.

I'm not sure where the line should be drawn between privacy and knowing whose opinion is whose. That said, welcome aboard! Wonderful to have you.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
Reading the intro, I was hoping for a real introduction such as interests, background, educational pursuits, etc.

I've been bombarded with revolations lately. My favorite is the realization that government would be infinitely more efficient and fair with infinite transperancy and participation. If we all knew each other, our opinions would have more impact.

I have no fear of who knows me but I don't have a govt job either.

I'm not sure where the line should be drawn between privacy and knowing whose opinion is whose. That said, welcome aboard! Wonderful to have you.

For my own personal reasons, I decided to keep most of my personal details private. You never know who could be reading this, since it is a public website. Privacy should be a right that most people (not just on ATS) should exercise, but more and more i'm seeing people willingly give away personal information for all eyes to see. I don't mean to get off topic.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I don't think you are late with the intro. People become "public" when they are ready, it is entirely personal. Agree with you about the personal details too, some give them, some don't, it all works. Enjoy the boards.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSleepCreep

Hi Sleep Creep I've probably read some of your thoughts all ready former lurker recent member but welcome and glad you finally introduced yourself to us. Sometimes it takes it time to the things the proper way me for example I've lurked for years and finally decided to join.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Welcome! This board has it's moments both bad and many good. I wish you good luck and hope you have an open mind and the ability to see that things are not always what they seem. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I think I have most of the site figured out, had to lurk a lot to figure out how to make my background picture like it is. Anyway, i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but it is a simple question. What does the "K" mean right under my avatar? I know the "P" is for points and the other letters, but for some reason, I can figure out what the "K" means or how the number of it changes. It's not an urgent question, just curious. Thanks in advance!

new topics

top topics

join