It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysteries of the human Conscience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Just thought i'd post about some things that people over look often in regards to our own conscience. I have taken the time to scientifically analyze the simple facts about our conscience that everyone should be capable of unless they suffer from a mental illness or physical handicap. So here are some facts about that voice in your head you may have yet to take the time to ponder about. The first 3 are common place and can be noticed during waking hours. The next 3 take place usually in meditation or dreams.

1. You can hear it without using your ears.
2. You can see images without using your eyes.
3. You can speak words without using your mouth.

4. While dreaming or in meditation you can almost feel whats in your dream without using your hands or body.
5. While dreaming or in meditation you can almost smell whats around you where you are located in your dream.
6. Sometimes in a dream you can taste that awesome food you've dream of , me personally I somtimes dream of one of those crazy ancient chinese spreads with all the crazy cooked duck and noodles you can eat.

Amazingly enough what i've deduced from these facts is that its almost as if your conscience has 5 separate senses of its own. Sounds eerily similar to having another person living inside your body. My hypothesis is that regardless of what we call it today, i have most definitely described the base characteristics of the human soul. What are your thoughts ATSers , refrain from negativity but feel free to include your view on the conscience and how you feel about it.
edit on 16-1-2012 by ZeroUnlmtd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Sounds more like the reptillian inside of you. haha jk jk. Yea, never thought of it like that, pretty interesting.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ExposingYou

dang reptoids , always trying to awaken my pineal gland

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
After reading your post, I realized that I read in my head,in my own voice. It is weird, but it is kind of like another person in side me. Soul?

Now think about how a deaf or blind person perceives this "inner" person.... It's almost to hard to even try to guess how all that works.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleVoice731
After reading your post, I realized that I read in my head,in my own voice. It is weird, but it is kind of like another person in side me. Soul?

Now think about how a deaf or blind person perceives this "inner" person.... It's almost to hard to even try to guess how all that works.

that's what i was getting to, you used a few of these "senses" without paying attention to them, crazy huh

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think you mean consciousness

Definitions of conscience:
noun: conformity to one's own sense of right conduct
Example: "A person of unflagging conscience"

noun: a feeling of shame when you do something immoral
Example: "He has no conscience about his cruelty"

noun: motivation deriving logically from ethical or moral principles that govern a person's thoughts and actions

Definitions of consciousness:

noun: an alert cognitive state in which you are aware of yourself and your situation
Example: "He lost consciousness"

noun: having knowledge of
Example: "His sudden consciousness of the problem he faced"

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Conscience is an aptitude, faculty, intuition or judgment of the intellect that distinguishes right from wrong. Commonly used metaphors for conscience include the "voice within" and the "inner light".

What sounds correct in a sentence? He/She has a conscience and uses it. or He/She has a consciousness and uses it. K thanks bye

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That's not a voice inside of you, that's you.

Are we not more than our 5 basic senses?

Are we not more than this earthly flesh?

Are we not the stuff of stars?

You are not a body with a soul, you are a soul with a body.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
We are omniscient, omnipotent souls, capable of understanding, experiencing and manifesting with no limits. We have been given control of bodies limited by 5 physical senses. It is the sixth sense, expressed in drems and meditation that gives us glimpses of our true ability.

2012 shall be known as the year we came to understand the sixth sense in a waking state. We shall cast off the limits placed upon us by the five senses but we shall use them for the incredible rich and tactile sense they provide us.

No matter how good our memory of Chinese sauce is, or how "real" the taste seems in our dreams, it won't equal the sensation. Of physically tasting the real thing.

On the other hand, our ability to think and imagine what could be will no longer be limited by the experiences we have had in our personal lives.

We will be able with our new 6th sense to imagine new and incredible Chinese sauces never before created and actually manifest them through a combination of all six senses and the fact we live in a material reality.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think life is a game that all of us chose to play, either for entertainment or education (maybe both).
I think our bodies and "6" of our senses are gifts that are only part of the game, and not our true reality. The sixth sense being Time.
I believe we all have 2 primary conscious states of mind, and 2 subconscious states of mind.
What we see, hear, smell, taste, and touch (in real time) are what most of us consider our conscious state.
Our subconscious records everything gathered by our senses and files it all in chronological order.

It is our second state of consciousness (our true selves) that decides what to do with all of this information. But the information contained in our subconscious isn't the only database our true selves use to make decisions. We also use our imaginations, which I believe is the subconscious of our true selves. The subconscious of our "game characters" is a database of everything we've experienced in this particular game.
But the imagination is a database of everything we've experienced from every time we've played this game.

I think that maybe in our true forms, we don't have the senses that we have now (including time), which is why we choose to play the game.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

.brave new worlds , pioneering new chinese sauces, you sir are a loose canon, you're thoughts are wild, but i look forward to it,

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

It is possible to have a conscience and use it as well as having a consciousness, and using it. I use my consciousness while I'm not sleeping so we see both are legitimate statements and sound correct in their own contexts. Here to for, I am inclined to side with ATS user DestroyDestroyDestroy and here is why:

(1) I agree it is a mystery that the Conscience can be heard without using ears, however, (2) dreams, imagery, and imagination can hardly be said to be constructs of conscience. (3)Internal monologue is a personal directive whereas conscience is perception of an external ideology expressing itself to us internally. (4) The Brain is a peculiar thing that assigns awareness to each part of the body even apart from actual presence. See Phantom Limbs. And (5,6) During unconsciousness the patterns of neurochemical release in the brain for tastes and smells can be mimicked eliciting the perception to the body that it has smelled and tasted in reality when it has not. The same also applies for memory recall via smell and taste during consciousness.

In conclusion, identifying the basic senses of the the soul remains elusive.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

Who are these reptilians? I really need to go study them but wikipedia is going black in protest so it probably won't happen tonight. Reptilians as in those made up actors from V? You know that was a movie, right? Were they from that Roddy Piper movie?

I don't get it, Reptilian people? I probably won't understand even if I do read about them, but here I go, off to read about reptilians.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd

Who are these reptilians? I really need to go study them but wikipedia is going black in protest so it probably won't happen tonight. Reptilians as in those made up actors from V? You know that was a movie, right? Were they from that Roddy Piper movie?

I don't get it, Reptilian people? I probably won't understand even if I do read about them, but here I go, off to read about reptilians.

i don't know where the name Reptoids came from exactly but I do remember spitting out ramen noodles laughing the first time i seen it online, i personally like to think of the Drak guy from Enemy Mine when I think of Reptoids

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Hey mate, interesting point here and we all do play the game...I've just read a book by PD Ouspensky called "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution" And he says that we all need to become more self-consciousness and stop been just the body.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join