It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warmonger Thread

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Fair enough...

Now let me ask you this?

For all those who keep spewing the same rhetoric about Iran needing to have nukes to defend against Israel/US/West etc. What has prevented Israel from Nuking Iran? They have had nukes longer than the present Iranian regimes been around.

Israel has had the bomb and the technology to deliver them for decades.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

No it didn't slip my mind at all OldCorp. What I did find slightly off though was you support the Palestinians right to live peacefully, but you also support Israel. Israel has been killing Palestinians and raping their land, so the two points are not exactly fitting with each other, are they? And yes I am fully aware that Palestinians have also killed Israelis, but I think you'll find that the offenders were, by far, the Israelis.

FYI it was the first time something in one of your videos just didn't seem "right".. which I guess is a compliment.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Care to side step it once again?

No our dance is over ... It was pointless and will always be pointless ...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

For all those who keep spewing the same rhetoric about Iran needing to have nukes to defend against Israel/US/West etc. What has prevented Israel from Nuking Iran? They have had nukes longer than the present Iranian regimes been around.

The same sort of things that will prevent Iran from nuking Israel - retaliation by other nations more powerful than themselves - DUH!

EDIT: now its over - the dance that is ...

edit on 17-1-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by torqpoc

Can't protect want doesn't exist.

It would be the end of a Jewish State, which is contrary to what Israel stands for, no?

Any country, USA included, will cease to exist if they use a nuclear weapon at this time...along with the neighbours of every country that have them.

The only thing that has prevented any nuclear power from using them is the response it will receive.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I also said I supported the Palestinians right to live peacefully, with dignity and human rights. Or did that part just slip your mind?

It's hard for some to understand and believe that one can be supportive of the Palestinians while simultaneously being critical of Iran's activities.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by macman

At least I know I will fight my enemy to the end.

May I please ask who you believe to be your enemy?

My personal defined list is just that . Mine.

Any country that threatens, postures and has the ability to follow through against the US is an enemy.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by torqpoc

Fair enough...

Now let me ask you this?

I will answer this one Slayer69:

Israel, albeit quirky and slightly delluded about it's own "worth" is governed by people who have some measure of intelligence and sense, They realise that nuclear war is not a solution or even a factor. The "threat" of nuclear war is also irrelevant. No country on this planet is going to drop a nuke on anyone.

Why?

Because the act of doing so will bring about global annihilation. Everyone realises this.. so the whole nuke issue is just cock swinging and pissing contests. The US and the USSR had nukes, piled sky high, did they use them? No. The US is the only country this planet will ever see drop that kind of a weapon, and FYI I do not agree one bit with what happened in WW2, irrespective of Pearl Harbour. But it happened and the simple fact it happened is the biggest deterrent required.

So a war based on the fear of Iran maybe having, will have, or already have a nuke is preposterous. It's as comical as stating we all went to war in Iraq to save the poor Iraqis and to save the world from WMDs.

Edit - I also never said that Iran needs to have nukes to defend itself from anyone else. I don't think anyone should have nukes, full stop. It's idiotic and pointless to have weapons which will bring about the entire human race's downfall. Kind of like having a 200mph car in a country where you can only drive at 70mph, but there will always be those who want a bigger dick, right?

T

edit on 17-1-2012 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Anyway, it is a fact that theology and not common sense guides the Iranian regime. ALL of them, from Ahmadinejad, to Kahmneini, and even Rafsanjani are Shia "Twelvers." They are expecting the imminent return of the 12th Mahdi, the Islamic Messiah. They couldn't care less how many tens of thousands of nuclear warheads the US has - forget about Israel's 200-600 - because they expect the Mahdi to intervene supernaturally and protect them from the "Great Satan."

The twelvers are expecting the 12th Mahdi, only when civil war breaks out without a reason. Causing a reason would be against their beliefs...I can't even begin to count the amount of times I have typed that. Everything else you stated I more or less agree with.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
The same sort of things that will prevent Iran from nuking Israel - retaliation by other nations more powerful than themselves - DUH!

Yeah....

Like that was a very realistic scenario over the past 33 years.

EDIT: now its over - the dance that is ...

Good.
You have two left feet and bad breath.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What an absolute load of drivel.

"People who Support Iran Hate America and the West".

Most of don't directly support Iran, we just want to live in a more peaceful world.

The United states wears the cap it has earned, by being overly aggressive
against weaker nations.

I have nothing against America.
What your trying to do here is make out that people who are anti war, are therefore anti American.

Possibly you have missed the irony here.

edit on 17-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by OldCorp

Anyway, it is a fact that theology and not common sense guides the Iranian regime. ALL of them, from Ahmadinejad, to Kahmneini, and even Rafsanjani are Shia "Twelvers." They are expecting the imminent return of the 12th Mahdi, the Islamic Messiah. They couldn't care less how many tens of thousands of nuclear warheads the US has - forget about Israel's 200-600 - because they expect the Mahdi to intervene supernaturally and protect them from the "Great Satan."

The twelvers are expecting the 12th Mahdi, only when civil war breaks out without a reason. Causing a reason would be against their beliefs...I can't even begin to count the amount of times I have typed that. Everything else you stated I more or less agree with.

Only when civil war breaks out without a reason?

Can you elaborate for us on that one, please?

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

edit on 17-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
against weaker nations.

Well maybe if the EU/Asia got up off their collective asses more and helped out it wouldn't just be America

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
reply to post by seabag

What an absolute load of drivel.

"People who Support Iran Hate America and the West".

Most of don't directly support Iran, we just want to live in a more peaceful world.

against weaker nations.

What your trying to do here is make out that people who are anti war, are therefore anti American.

Possibly you have missed the irony here.

edit on 17-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

You sir, are in the minority. As evidenced by this thread, many have taken the oppourtunity to bash/slam/insult/degrade/debase America.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't think the OP is a warmonger, party because this thread is here. I don't get the feeling that his mind is completely made up. Nor does he sound cruel and a cutting true believer.
'Course no one reacts well to insults and attacks.

It may be useful for all of us to think through the geopolitical background.

1. Iran is the chief oil supplier of China.
2. China is the main holder of US foreign debt. China expressly wants to stop this preemptive war. The Chinese may be tyrannical in some respects at home but they are hard-headed realists. Their most important exports also go to the US and the EU. The West would be completely paralyzed if trade stops with China. It would be tragic for China as well.

3. Israel is obviously more involved with the US historically - there are good grounds of the "special relationship. If there is an open confrontation started by Israel and/or the US, Israel's very existence can be threatened - several Islamic countries of all kinds would attack her at once. This would surely happen if Israel is the attacker and not the one that responds to an attack.

I don't think Israel would be immediately threatened with annihilation if Iran would strikes first - Israel's technology is far superior and people are very committed. I would suppose it is possible to detect and annihilate larger rockets in the air, and Israel is not too big to survey its borders completely 24/7. The difficulty is that most neighboring countries are hostile so everything has to be done from within Israeli territory and from that of allies further away. Now until there is positive intelligence that the Iranian leadership contemplates collective national suicide by a direct nuclear first strike on Israel, most other problems can be handled. Of course acts of major terrorism should be thwarted and Israel has been doing that most efficiently.

As far as I know, Shiites are bitter rivals of Sunni - think Protestants and Catholics. Now if there is a preemptive attack by Israel, most likely a lot of Islamic countries would make a joint front against Israel and put aside their differences for a while. (I am not sure about the Saudis).

4. It would be absolutely suicidal for Iran to attack first with a nuke and they know this. Maybe they had already bought a couple of nukes from the Russian markets or Pakistan anyway - but it would not be enough to counter Israel's two-hundred plus. If they make Hiroshima of a single Israeli town of three thousand - or if their nuke is caught halfway in the air, and the worst fears of Israel are proven right, most of the international community would sit idly while Israel could basically annihilate most larger cities of Iran. Iran's leadership is fully aware of this, despite their jingoistic rhetoric.

Conclusion: it is bad for all these parties if Israel or the US or the UK would wage a preemptive attack on Iran.

The question remains: who wants this war?
I think some neoconservatives do want it. Misguided Western Christians who think ISrael should vanquish all others in the Middle East and then every Jew should convert to Christianity and the world would then end anyway. (This type of thinking is exactly at the level of radical Islam.)

I suspect Netanyahu and Barak wants it. But why? Netanyahu is far more intelligent than actually believing his own rhetoric. (Or is he?)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

against weaker nations.
What your trying to do here is make out that people who are anti war, are therefore anti American. Possibly you have missed the irony here.

I stand by what I said. Most people who support Iran do so because they have great distain for America. There are many Americans who would LOVE to see America no longer be a superpower and would love to see another country teach America a lesson. That’s a fact…

Then we can agree on that! Congratulations! Oh…and thanks for the inspiration for the thread!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
GI Joe baying for war because he has nothing to lose and must direct his hate somewhere.
Look at your avatar for christs sake, did you never develop further then the toy soldier stage, you know the stage most of us lads grow out of when reaching our teens!
Have you never loved?
Do you not have a wife and kids?
Wouldn’t you rather be with them then playing soldiers in some poor country that wants only to defend itself from bullies such as yourself?
What part of you is missing that makes you want to fight? Why do you worship death and destruction like others do their God?
Iran is not the problem my friend; lemmings such as yourself, only to willing to march off to war because their government tells them to, are.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What about the danger of Pakistans Nukes? Do we go in and wipe those out too, because like it or not, they are an exponential threat to the World.

And currently...how much money does the U.S give to them?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boredsilly

The ATS Breakdown...

Being Critical of the US?

Acceptable...

Being Critical of the Israel?

Acceptable...

Being Critical of the West?

Acceptable...

Being Critical of the Iran?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/355aee7cb40c.gif[/atsimg]

ETA:

edit on 17-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join