It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warmonger Thread

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by macman

I do know first hand that if given the opportunity, there are many in the ME that would wipe us out without blinking an eye.

And with what they have experienced at our hands, if you were in their place you would too.

Yep. Never said it would not be that way.
I pray to only be faster, strike harder and be more accurate then my enemy.

link   
reply to post by ararisq

What are you talking about. They haven't done anything to these people on this thread and they still want to wipe them out. Fox News told them so.

Your right. And of course FOX News is always right. I heard that FOX News was considering beginning to actually report the news instead of relying solely on Op/Ed, but then Rupert woke up and found out it was just a nightmare caused by an undigested piece of SOPA.

Sorry I blew up.

edit on 17-1-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by seabag

I am given to understand that IAEA Inspectors are on site in Iran and have been for a while.

Iran as a signatory of the NPT is allowed to build all the way up to weapon (capability) but not weapon (construction), just as Japan.

The current sanctions on Iran are unlawful as they are based on an assumption that Iran will build a weapon.

Iran does not currently have the means to produce even one weapon, when any realistic arsenal requires 50-200 + devices.

Israel is actually a side show at the moment, the real battle lines are between Sunni and Shia , Syria is mostly Sunni and will fall to the Muslim Brotherhood, the Gulf States Kuwait, Qatar etc are Shia majorities and will overthrow the Sunni Monarchs, Iraq is mostly Shia.

Does Israel really trust Sunni's any more than Shia ? all Israel has to do is to respect the 67 border and the War is over, the world has already sworn to that, but there are factions within Israel who seek a Greater Israel and are willing to gain it, one settlement at a time.

The Western interest is oil and banking and weapons sales....business is business.

It's not a noble cause to get behind...so i will decline.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
LOL Way to refute any points.

It was deserved and on target.

Did it hit too close to home?

Nope.

I stand behind what I said.

I'll quote you on that.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yep.

Yet, names bring to mind sticks and stones.

So I am a savage, bloodthirsty War monger.
Oh well..

At least I know I will fight my enemy to the end.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yep. Never said it would not be that way. I pray to only be faster, strike harder and be more accurate then my enemy.

What about being morally correct? Does that not enter into your calculations? It does mine. I would rather be on the "right" side than be the bad guys. Our being the bad guys is what made them hate us. But then, they don't tell us that on T.V. so you are forgiven for not knowing it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Invasion of stupid and brainwashed Americans..AGAIN..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well Bud, your Avatar is that of a War Monger and I saw nothing in your post to indicate you are not another "Tough Guy" or maybe "Wannabe Tough Guy". I am a former Marine that served two tours of Vietnam with a father who was flying B52 Bombing Missions into Cambodia during the same period so, my opinion is qualified.

I have heard you before and as I said before, I think you are one of these Wannabe Tough Guys who have no doubt would cry like baby if you were taken to task for your rhetoric.

As for threats to the USA; We are the Threat..our Military is the Threat to peace in the world. All you have to do is seriously ask yourself what you would do if you were on the receiving end of what the US Military dishes out. If your wife, children, friends or family were threatened or worse, murdered in one of these Cowardly Bombing Raids or Drone Missions, what would you do, how would you feel? Would you forgive?

Iran is not a threat to the USA but Israel sure as hell is a threat to all its neighbors and the world.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

It doesn't have to be that way and nobody here is advocating violence or WAR, yet we're still called warmongers. That IS the point of the thread.

That reminded me of a quote.

For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Sun Tzu

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
Iran does not currently have the means to produce even one weapon, when any realistic arsenal requires 50-200 + devices.

All it takes is one brother.

Israel is actually a side show at the moment, the real battle lines are between Sunni and Shia , Syria is mostly Sunni and will fall to the Muslim Brotherhood, the Gulf States Kuwait, Qatar etc are Shia majorities and will overthrow the Sunni Monarchs, Iraq is mostly Shia.

AND...

Iran has been stirring that sectarian pot in Iraq. Needlessly extending the conflict there for years. Costing the lives of untold numbers of civilian casualties.

The Western interest is oil and banking and weapons sales....business is business.

Seems that the West arent the only ones interested in Arms Sales or Oil. Both China and Russia have been making oil Contracts and weapons sales [Worth Tens of Billions] in the region as well.

It's not a noble cause to get behind...so i will decline.

Cosmic..

PEACE

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by macman

Yep. Never said it would not be that way. I pray to only be faster, strike harder and be more accurate then my enemy.

What about being morally correct? Does that not enter into your calculations? It does mine. I would rather be on the "right" side than be the bad guys. Our being the bad guys is what made them hate us. But then, they don't tell us that on T.V. so you are forgiven for not knowing it.

Don't need TV to tell me so.
There is your first fatal flaw in your assumptions of me.
My morality is to keep my family safe and warm blood pumping through my body.
Those that threaten it, I will have no problem striking down.
The whole "one mans terrorists is another's freedom fighter" is nice and all, but....I could care less.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by torqpoc
The analogy is fine. Your desire to take it that literally is not.

Baloney...

Originally posted by superman2012
I am not saying the USA is nazi germany, just that some of the things they do remind me of it. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Starting to understand yet?

Baloney....

Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It makes for great propaganda though

Originally posted by WozaMeathed
Hows this for half assed.
This is kind of like an oven only hotter

Baloney...
Ignoring the entire context of WW-II

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
Edit: There's no such thing as a morally good war machine. This mentality is misguided.

Baloney, Malarkey and ASSumptive...

Let me know when I can speak for myself..

Well, great rebuttal, but i found it full of Baloney.

Ps. I hope baloney is American for BS

edit on 17-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal

Oh SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That really hurt.

The tear running down my cheek is SO Salty. I may have another.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by deccal

Sanctimonious

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by MegaMind
The Soviet Union was a threat to the US and they had thousands of nuclear weapons.

If Iran gets a nuke how is that the end of the world?

Who said anything about the end of the world? [That's what all the FEARMONGERS] talk about IF Iran is attacked. I said IF not when. People seem to forget about the possibility of Dirty bombs.

If they use it - it would surely be the end of Iran - and don't they know that?

Why should it be the end of them? They'll play the same game of cat and mouse, denial and sidestepping.

What about North Korea?

Anyone can rightfully argue North Korea's leaders are nut jobs and yet they have a nuke. Surely they would cease to exists should they ever use it - and crazy or not - they know that.

Meanwhile North Korea is a mess. Is that your best example? A nuclear armed outcast that threatens it's neighbors with total destruction? Costing Billions of dollars annually by all sides to keep them in check?

Russia and China need to clean up that mess.
They were the ones who propped them up. Not the West.

We are hearing arguments that we must start a war to prevent one!! Insane!

The US just doesn't want Iran to get a nuke before the US has a chance to invade their country.

Once Iran has one it may prevent the US from invading!!

And the US hasn't invaded Iran in 33 years because???

Imagine that! Iran getting the bomb may prevent a WAR![

Your imagination is working overtime.

So you ignored my point about the Soviet Union and how we dealt with that without going to war.

What exactly is your point about North Korea - that we should have gone to war preemptively and killed hundreds of thousands of people?

And are we not going to start a war to prevent one or do rolling your eyes mean we aren't going to war to prevent one?

The US hasn't invaded Iran in 33 years because we were busy overthrowing their leaders and warring with Iraq.

If Iran had a nuke would do you think we would invade them? Or can you not answer that question?

Your "Driveby" posts really don't say much do they?

edit on 17-1-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sanctimonious

...but true.

2nd. very true.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

When the Cold War existed we had MAD. Mutually Assured Destruction. Neither side wanted total annihilation.

Now fast-forward to Iran, who has a leader that would welcome it. (re; 12th Imam)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So you ignored my point about the Soviet Union and how we dealt with that without going to war.

Ignoring salient points is the only recourse the opposition has. Most of mine have been ignored as well. And I have only released about 15% of what I have. MY military father taught me to always keep plenty of forces in reserve just in case.

Girls from Tipton County Tennessee are said to argue with sign posts, knowing the whole time the sign post is right. Enough being a sign post for this morning, I'm going for breakfast.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

What exactly is your point about North Korea we should have gone to war preemptively and killed hundreds of thousands of people?

Thanks for putting words into my mouth. I said that "Russia and China need to deal with that mess" They were the ones who propped them up.

And are we not going to start a war to prevent one or do rolling your eyes mean we aren't going to war to prevent one?

When one breaks out then you may have a point. Otherwise it's just FEAR mongering

The US hasn't invaded Iran in 33 years because we were busy overthrowing their leaders and warring with Iraq.

Get Real Iran isn't all that important. No Really, they aren't.

If the West wanted them gone it would have happened a long time ago. If the West took them out then it's WARMONGERING. If the West does nothing then it's because they are impotent

Now which is it?

If Iran had a nuke would do you think we would invade them?

They don't have them now and they have a piss poor air force and navy. Whats preventing that from happening now?

Or can you not answer that question?

Just did.

edit on 17-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

When the Cold War existed we had MAD. Mutually Assured Destruction. Neither side wanted total annihilation.

Now fast-forward to Iran, who has a leader that would welcome it. (re; 12th Imam)

I seriously doubt he would welcome the destruction of the Iranian people and their culture.

I'm not buying that propaganda bs.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join