It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warmonger Thread

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Then what is your take on Iraq? Was it to "free" the people from the tyrant? How did that work out for the US and the Iraqi people? How about Iran when the US overthrew their leader in 53? OR when the CIA funded his overthrow and helped the next regime come to power? How do you feel about the US in Libya? Are they truly liberated or will it start to look like Pakistan in 5 more years...

The way I see it, if your country becomes an octopus and extends its hand in nations that don't want it there then those tentacles deserve to be cut off. You can keep the head but I wouldn't want tentacles of a giant monster in my back yard.

Also, how would you feel about China invading Mexico and starting a war there? What if the Chinese found evidence of Mexican cartel destroying their nation and decided to occupy and destroy one of our trading partners?

I hope you would be alright with it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Dear Slayer69,
I am in awe with your argumentative skills. Baloney! It's classic, timeless, so overwhelmingly educated, how on earth did you come up with that?

The statement was true. The analogy that the US of A playing the nationalistic card to rile all your eager beavers to war, yet again, illegally on the pretext that the "bad guys" have nuclear weapons, but it's fine for the US of A to have them, is spot on.

Your statement that until the US of A don't start cooking people his statement is negated is, to quote you: Baloney!

It's people like you that make people like the extremists want to bomb you all back into the stone age. Arrogance, fear and war warmongering all the while looking down your noses at everything else which doesn't fit into your bugger eating, big polluting, SUV driving, narrow minded and falsely superior society.

Until you understand the above, I fear that more atrocities will rain down on the mighty *cough* United States of America and all it's allies.

T

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Kind of on the fence on this.
I have been around the block enough to know that while the first portion of you comment is 50% true.
I do know first hand that if given the opportunity, there are many in the ME that would wipe us out without blinking an eye.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
The Soviet Union was a threat to the US and they had thousands of nuclear weapons.

If Iran gets a nuke how is that the end of the world?

Who said anything about the end of the world? [That's what all the FEARMONGERS] talk about IF Iran is attacked. I said IF not when. People seem to forget about the possibility of Dirty bombs.

If they use it - it would surely be the end of Iran - and don't they know that?

Why should it be the end of them? They'll play the same game of cat and mouse, denial and sidestepping.

What about North Korea?

Anyone can rightfully argue North Korea's leaders are nut jobs and yet they have a nuke. Surely they would cease to exists should they ever use it - and crazy or not - they know that.

Meanwhile North Korea is a mess. Is that your best example? A nuclear armed outcast that threatens it's neighbors with total destruction? Costing Billions of dollars annually by all sides to keep them in check?

Russia and China need to clean up that mess.
They were the ones who propped them up. Not the West.

We are hearing arguments that we must start a war to prevent one!! Insane!

The US just doesn't want Iran to get a nuke before the US has a chance to invade their country.

Once Iran has one it may prevent the US from invading!!

And the US hasn't invaded Iran in 33 years because???

Imagine that! Iran getting the bomb may prevent a WAR![

Your imagination is working overtime.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The rights of the constitution are all abridged and dead.
NDAA has put an end to the republic of the United States of America.
Canada will go the same way within the year if their govt majority passes bills C 10 and C52.
North America is about to become Fortress America.
The walls will be manned by neo Nazi dupes.
This is inevitable if nothing is done to oppose it soon (Go Ron Paul!)
The Iranis have been very busy strengthening their defenses as well as offensive capabilities.....
The west will have a tough time without nukes in negating their nuclear efforts.

Recent first strike (Bushian ) doctrine, and the fact thet theater commanders have nukes under their command
Makes this threat very credible.....
Why doesnt Iran have the same rights?
Make no mistake, that threatening the military option on Iran is basically the threat of wiping Iran off the map!
There is no other way short of protracted land warfare,to insure that they are stopped.

The need for parity of iran in nuclear weapons...ie they posses a few....is obvious to any first grade military school child.....
The Iranis have little choice but to persue nuclear weapons or submit to US hedgemony, and western rule through
financial and other means....
Iran is fighting for its very suvival because we in the west have backed it into this corner.....
The plan is for warfare regardless of anything Iran can do about it.....
Even if they stopped their nuke program and totally allowed inspections....
The cabal in amerika would come up with "mobile reactors" and such like iraqs "mobile germ warfare labs"....Give me a break!
I am very sorry buddy, but your country is gonna be glass soon.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I hope no one gets me wrong, all I am doing is showing an analogy, I AM NOT SAYING AMERICANS ARE NAZIS.

Actually if you read The Secret War Against The Jews, by Aarons and Loftus, and The Rise Of The Fourth Reich By Jim Marrs, you will see clearly and incontrovertibly that we actually shepherded the NAZI war machine, corporations, money, and War Criminals right into the US, courtesy of Allen Dulles. Indeed Nixon and Bush even made sure they had a permanent place in the Republican Party.

So guess what. We are the new NAZI's on the planet. And Naomi Wolf seems to agree with me, she published a book making this exact comparison, and she was spot on.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpoc
Dear Slayer69,
I am in awe with your argumentative skills. Baloney! It's classic, timeless, so overwhelmingly educated, how on earth did you come up with that?

It's simple.
It was exactly what that post deserved.

The statement was true. The analogy that the US of A playing the nationalistic card to rile all your eager beavers to war, yet again, illegally on the pretext that the "bad guys" have nuclear weapons, but it's fine for the US of A to have them, is spot on.

Baloney...

Your statement that until the US of A don't start cooking people his statement is negated is

Accurate.

It's people like you that make people like the extremists want to bomb you all back into the stone age. Arrogance, fear and war warmongering all the while looking down your noses at everything else which doesn't fit into your bugger eating, big polluting, SUV driving, narrow minded and falsely superior society.

Assumptive.

Until you understand the above, I fear that more atrocities will rain down on the mighty *cough* United States of America and all it's allies.

I appreciate the feedback
irrelevant

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

I do know first hand that if given the opportunity, there are many in the ME that would wipe us out without blinking an eye.

And with what they have experienced at our hands, if you were in their place you would too.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Oh my, I now realise exactly what i'm dealing with.

You Sir have been measured and found seriously lacking. I won't be making the mistake of assuming you're worth pissing on if you were on fire again.

Move along please, nothing to see here, is there Slayer69?

T

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by superman2012
Now replace Nazis with "US", German with "American", and Jews with "Iranians" or "terrorists".

I hope no one gets me wrong, all I am doing is showing an analogy, I AM NOT SAYING AMERICANS ARE NAZIS.

PS-some people won't care about my underlined part and flame me anyways...go ahead.

Fair enough....

Let me know when we the US starts shoveling men, women and children into ovens then maybe your half-assed analogy will work.

You people.... sigh.

We just saw a photo of American soldiers pissing on dead terrorists. In his analogy Jews were terrorists and Nazis were Americans and you don't think we've done worse and incinerated terrorists? We are the ever expanding 4th Reich. What separates 1930's Nazi Germany from the United States is diminishing year by year prodded on by people such as yourself. Right down to the sacrilegious use of God in its justifications.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Oh my, I now realise exactly what i'm dealing with.

A member who doesn't care about playing the "Star" game

You Sir have been measured and found seriously lacking.

Irrelevant..

I'm not the topic.

I won't be making the mistake of assuming you're worth pissing on if you were on fire again.

Please don't

Move along please, nothing to see here, is there Slayer69?

Yes,

Iran remember..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by macman

And with what they have experienced at our hands, if you were in their place you would too.

What are you talking about. They haven't done anything to these people on this thread and they still want to wipe them out. Fox News told them so.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by Rocky Black

Go look it up in your history books.

They strike we retaliate.

Uh, I think you missed part of it. We impose sanction after sanction. We do everything we can to make them attack us. Then we get sanctimonius and attack them never mentioning that it is what we strived for and provoked them into. Perhaps you should look at what history teaches today. A lot has changed since your history teacher did his/her best to bore you to tears with names, dates, places.

This is concerning to me. Are you saying that rather than just teaching facts that history teachers are now teaching you how to interpret those facts by saying that placing sanctions on a country is nothing more than a provocation?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The difference is that here we at least discuss our own possible faults. This would not happen in a truly Fascist or Nazi regime. Anyway, what people say with such a deep conviction repeatedly may be actually something they doubt somewhere. Which is actually commendable. There is nothing sadder than total conviction that you are right and the other party is all wrong.

Second point. War is madness and destruction. The point is not mere "killing" - masny just use that one single word. Well if it was that simple... press a button and millions just suddenly transpire to another world... Killing is the least of problems with war. Maiming, torture, losing your beloved ones, horrendous suffering dragged on for several generations to come, destroyed family structures, deformed children... schizophrenics etc. For decades to come.

It is said that Himmler once oversaw the execution by guns of a hundred or so Jewish prisoners. He got very sick for hours. It took him a while to recover.
Other leading Nazis - like Goering - never wanted to physically experience this. They pruposefully avoided seeing physical slaughter.

And while I certainly think there are significant differences between the Western powers now (no matter how greedy and manipulative we can be) and the dictatorships of the mid-twentieth century (chiefly Hitler and Stalin - it is debatable who was worse in the final count but they look more and more similar as history is being uncovered), we are not innocent either. Just look at how many lands we polluted with depleted uranium. How many forced prostitutes in Afghanistan and how many broken families, careers (think of an average Iraqi doctor who did not support Saddam in the first place, but then had to live not being able to heal his patients for sanctions - then the hospital being burned to the ground...)

And the whole argument by the US is a false flag. We are not threatened at all. Period.
The Israeli right wing thinks that they are. Some Europeans are threatened but generally speaking the consensus is that Israel and the US want to bomb and invade Iran, not the other way around.
I am pro-Israel, but I cannot deny this.

Israel, however, has over two hundred warheads as far as I know. I think the Iranians have jingoistic rhetoric at the state level, I do not think they are suicidal collectively. Yes, dying a heroic death for your country or your faith (suicide fighting) is part of that culture, as it was also in the past with us Westerners. And the Japanese until recently.

Translated: they would NOT attack except support some terrorists (but look at the disagreements between Sunni and Shiite Muslims and you will see they have a limited range of support). By the time Iran would officially attack a country so strong and hostile as Israel (from their POV), nukes would become a deterrent. The Soviets were crazy but not crazy enough to get their empire totally annihilated.

In order to look at this more objectively, you should have a greater understanding of the cultural differences.

Well, at least we look at this issue here and discuss it. We have some self-scrutiny. Which would be unthinkable in a dictatorship.
Clearly, the folks behind Ahmadinedjad (such a long name) do not, but I know Iranians enough to see that they do not mean their saber-rattling. They are pissed off that they cannot be treated at least nominally equally
to us or Israel.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
You people.... sigh.

SIGH....

Yes,

We have opinions and they don't always follow the internet voodoo pop-culture of sheeple crowd

We just saw a photo of American soldiers pissing on dead terrorists.

Yes,

Some of us have seen worse in real life.

In his analogy Jews were terrorists and Nazis were Americans and you don't think we've done worse and incinerated terrorists?
]

The analogy was designed to provoke an emotional response which has nothing really to do with the topic of Iran developing Nuclear weapons. No matter how many times people try to make it so.

We are the ever expanding 4th Reich.

That's your opinion.

What separates 1930's Nazi Germany from the United States is diminishing year by year prodded on by people such as yourself. Right down to the sacrilegious use of God in its justifications.

Keep running with that.
I'm sure it will play well with some here.
I'm not buying it brother.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The analogy is fine. Your desire to take it that literally is not.

Baloney...

Originally posted by superman2012
I am not saying the USA is nazi germany, just that some of the things they do remind me of it. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Starting to understand yet?

Baloney....

Stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It makes for great propaganda though

Originally posted by WozaMeathed
Hows this for half assed.
This is kind of like an oven only hotter

Baloney...
Ignoring the entire context of WW-II

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
Edit: There's no such thing as a morally good war machine. This mentality is misguided.

Baloney, Malarkey and ASSumptive...

Let me know when I can speak for myself..

LOL Way to refute any points.
Did it hit too close to home? I stand behind what I said.

Edit: I am no longer going to respond to this poster. I have a problem with people that cannot debate and act like children. (Although I am guilty of that too.)

edit on 17-1-2012 by superman2012 because: slayer not making any real points and I am following the troll. Back on topic.

link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
This is concerning to me. Are you saying that rather than just teaching facts that history teachers are now teaching you how to interpret those facts by saying that placing sanctions on a country is nothing more than a provocation?

I believe he's stating the accurate fact that sanctions (economic warfare) and blockades are acts of war and always have been. We apply 'sanctions' and then get miffed when someone retaliates against them and use that as pretext for war.

If China imposed ANY 'sanction' or blockade on us we'd be at war the very next second.

link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

I believe nothing they say and everything I see .. And what I see is a war is imminent

Of course it is, they have to get in there before the election. Don't ya love lame ducks.

What is imminent is economic meltdown because we just can't keep our guns in our holsters, or stop creating false reasons to go to war.

Empires always fall. Why must we follow a self destructive course?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by seabag

Most here will never understand US.
I do not want to go to War. Nor do I want War to be waged.
I want peace and freedom.
But, I will not hesitate to strike down those that wish to harm me.
There is a difference.

What you said reminds me of the mythical Gunnery Sergeant Hartman:

It is your killer instinct which must be harnessed if you expect to survive in combat. Your rifle is only a tool. It is a hard heart that kills. If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not kill. You will become dead Marines. And then you will be in a world of #. Because Marines are not allowed to die without permission!
link

Some people just don’t get the thread unfortunately. It is possible to remove a threat (nuclear Iran) without killing anybody. All Iran needs to do is comply with the IAEA and all this will end….peacefully. However, if Iran refuses to do so and continues along this path then, unfortunately, people may die. That blood will be on Ahmadinejad’s hands.

It doesn't have to be that way and nobody here is advocating violence or WAR, yet we're still called warmongers. That IS the point of the thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Who am I?

Those who think themselves to be good and true but are not.

Those who are unreasonable and stubborn.

Those who ridicule and mock lovers of peace.

Those with cold cruel hearts.

Those who love money and material things.

Those who lust for violence and bloodshed.

Those who call themselves Christians but who follow the ways of Pagan Rome.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join