It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Google Censoring ATS Results? I think yes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Lol....well they aren't censoring the censorship very well on that one! That's the best retort I've seen in a while. Nice one 12m8keall2c!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I thought google searches were different for different people. i.e if you normally look at conservative media, your search results will reflect that and be different from those who normally look at liberal media.

It would be interesting to do a test to see if this is the case.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I thought google searches were different for different people. i.e if you normally look at conservative media, your search results will reflect that and be different from those who normally look at liberal media.

It would be interesting to do a test to see if this is the case.

They are.

A) If you're logged into your Gmail, there's more data on what you search and stuff and so Google will try to send you more relevant results.
B) There are different data centers that deliver results.
C) Even if you're not logged in, Google will try to give you more relevant results based on your history.
D) Your IP address - location - also directly impacts the results you get, so again - you get more local, relevant results.

They're also now doing a new push to integrate your social media channels/network into your search results. They're always up to something, though, so nothing's ever set in stone. : ) The good news is, as someone who's been watching Google (for the sake of my job) for 6 years now, they've always been about delivering more quality, more relevance... I'm not naive enough to think such a giant company can't have bad intentions or infringe upon privacy, but they do seem to be "customer"-focused.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyTruth

Thanks for the info. I guess it's not a point of Google being nefarious, I guess the worrying thing is that these searches will now expose you to the information you like while filtering out the political opinions and beliefs you dont like, which just puts you into a little box, where you are not exposed to differing points of view, keeping us in our entrenched political camps.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

lol Sorry- not aware. ;(

[sniffles at man-child comment]
Seraph

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I don't know about ATS but yes, google is dirty, the search engine makes you dig really deep for subject matter that once was easily accessible.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

Well done, it takes a big manchild to admit when he/she is wrong and apologise

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join