It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Google Censoring ATS Results? I think yes!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I was searching for a comment today that I authored on ATS a week ago. I wanted to take some of it and use it in a post for my blog. I have done this before and can normally find it easily. For this particular comment, I had part of it saved on my hard drive, so I put part of a sentence in quotes on Google. To my amazement, I couldn't find it. I did a similar search with my username and a few key words. Same result. I finally went to Altavista and found what I needed easily on the first try. Has anyone else found this to be the case? Can anyone confirm my results? Give it a try.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
No ..fine with me

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I searched for something this morning using Google...can't remember what it was though...and the very first hit was an ATS thread. So no...I don't think they are censoring us. Must have just been your parameters maybe?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I just tried with the title to a thread I authored a while back and my post on ATS came up on the top of the list. Seems to be working fine for me?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Funny, because I just googled the name of this page- which has been up for almost half-an-hour- minus some words (I, is, yes), and this page was the first on the list. Please forgive Google if it does not crawl every reply on every page of every article of such an obscure website like this.

Do not mean to offend anybody; just stating the facts.

Search is your friend,
Seraph

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I have noticed within the last 2 weeks that google isn't quite what it was 3 weeks ago. When I search a term or something I get a lot of stuff that never popped up before. Somethings I would search for I could find easily within the first two pages. Now I'm finding things that I'm looking for on pages 7,8,9, etc.
I wish I could give you an example but... I'm glad this is brought up because now I know i'm not going crazy.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It works fine for me.

Might be some of google's algorithms to customize your search result, same goes for facebook's news feeds etc etc.. On this matter, I rule out the chance of it being an illuminati nazi genocidal nwo conspiracy

edit on 16-1-2012 by grapeian because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2012 by grapeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I work in search engine optimization land, and have always been able to find anything I've wanted to on sites like these... if anything, Google shows me when ATS censor stuff (you can find caches results in Google that then are deleted on ATS, tip!).

But Google is always in flux, changing up parts of its algorithm and experimenting, so you may have just caught a blip.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Is Google Censoring ATS Results? I think yes!

www.google.com...=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=Is+Google+Censoring+ATS+Results%3F+I+think+yes!%2C&pbx=1&oq=Is+Google+Censoring+ATS+Resu lts%3F+I+think+yes!%2C&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=319l319l0l659l1l1l0l0l0l0l77l77l1l1l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=202c716ad1e48c82&biw=1366& bih=643

Number 1 for me...

Starring/flagging/commenting posts can help you find them easier!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Is it possible your Google safe search settings are interfering with your results?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

Originally posted by seraphnb
Please forgive Google if it does not crawl every reply on every page of every article of such an obscure website like this.

Do not mean to offend anybody; just stating the facts.

oh you silly manchild

www.quantcast.com...

ATS is (according to that site) ranked 1,622 in the US, that's hardly obscure!
edit on 16/1/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Well yesterday i google a isna020032R1600 opto relay from ABB got 3 hit no problem

Today my forman said he needed the info again so i google it again nothing just some E-Bay page
i needed the ABB info spec

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I wouldn't bag google publicly if u have a gmail, youtube or google login.

I did, on their own forums because people who were trying to opt out of tailored adverts in gmail, who had turned the option off, were still receiving them... More or less said google owns you so there's nothing you can do, and the next day my gmail was disabled, my youtube was disabled and I couldn't access my personalised google search page.

So I would not put it past them to be underhanded like this...

I've already lost it all, they can't take my soul.. lol

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
When I google something ATS is sometimes the first thing to pop up in the results, without directly even searching for ATS. Prolly because ATS pays(or allows google ads) google some money, google knows I frequent ATS so sends me here so ATS can get more Traffic, google gets money ATS gets traffic and also money form its ads.

I could be wrong I'm not sure about the relationship or business of the two but thats usually how the Internet works.

If google really wanted to censor ATS they would simply buy ATS.
edit on 1/17/2012 by Mcupobob because: I said google to much... Google.

reply to post by mainidh

Better be careful next they're going to make you opt out.

edit on 1/17/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

To get to the bit of above top secret you usually post require an ATS account so the google bot might not get there to do its thing

or
Maybe the google bot just scrolls past your posts like I do

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Also, tips... when you do google quotes or topics, make sure to search like this

"when you do google quotes or topics," site:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't think so. Yesterday I searched my blog with no problems, today, my blog doesn't show up but my tweets and retweets made by others about it are displayed. Perhaps the devs are tweaking a few things.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

This might be the result of content filtering but I have no idea why the ATS content would be filtered out of your search results.

Two people can do an identical search on G**gle and come up with completely different results and it's all because G**gle knows what's best for you. (sarc)

edit on 17-1-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

I was searching for a comment today that I authored on ATS a week ago.

Google Search: I was searching for a comment today that I authored on ATS a week ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join