It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Russia behind the Stuxnet Virus? You make the call...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"The U.S. and Israel are widely assumed to be responsible for the Stuxnet computer worm that hit Iran’s nuclear facilities. But Moscow has just as good a motive."

the-diplomat.com...

I am curious what you guys think. Thanks!
edit on 16-1-2012 by travis911 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Israel authored the stuxnet virus; re: General Gabi Ashkenazi is the author.

Israeli general boasts authoring Stuxnet virus

The British newspaper Telegraph, and Le Monde, France, refer to an article published in the Israeli daily Haaretz, according to which a general in the army of that country, Gabi Ashkenazi, has confirmed the authorship of the Stuxnet worm.

Diario Ti: According to the Haaretz article, General Ashkenazi had prepared his transition to his new life as a retiree creating a video where he refers to the milestones of his career. The video, which was presented at a tribute party for the general, includes a sequence in which Ashkenazi says he was responsible for overseeing the development of Stuxnet.

The Stuxnet worm attack has received wide media coverage in Iran. According to Haaretz, the video also includes a sequence in which Ashkenazi admits that Israel bombed nuclear facilities in Syria in 2007. This was the first time an Israeli military commander admits the facts.

Stuxnet put out of service a large number of centrifuges used for the enrichment of uranium in the Natanz installations.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Actually Russia is defending iran from any possible attacks by usa right now. So if usa attacks iran russia attacks usa. cold war 2.0
edit on 16-1-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Possible. You never know though

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by travis911

Nope.

Written by H B Gary, at the behest of US agencies, targeting Iranian Nuclear Centrifuges but got out of control and spread further afield than expected.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I wonder if this virus is floating around on regular PC's. Considering how bad malware is these days I would not doubt it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Russia may wind up putting themselves in a war over protecting Iran to hear them talk about it...and it's largely a Russian supported and backed program that Stuxnet threw wrenches into...so why would they? If anything, I'd say Russia may be who we see mod Stuxnet and release it back at us.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yikes that is a little scary..

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think it was Serco. I even made a thread with evidence of it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And don't forget the German company Siemens was partners with Nokia/Siemens Networks who put in all of Irans spying technology for internet traffic in Iran. They quit and turned against Iran because of how it was being used.Siemens made the controllers that were effected by STUXnet.
www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com...

Nokia Siemens Networks is aware of credible reports that the Iranian authorities use communications technology to suppress political activity in a way that is inconsistent with that government’s human rights obligations.

Seems the password for the Siemens controllers that were being attacked by STUXnet. Came directly from the maker of the controllers. Siemens. They have a presentation leaked by Wikileaks that shows they offer sabotage of nuclear infrastructure as part of there services.
page 8
http://__._/spyfiles/docs/siemens/15_siemens-intelligence-platform.html
edit on 16-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I think it was Serco. I even made a thread with evidence of it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And don't forget the German company Siemens was partners with Nokia/Siemens Networks who put in all of Irans spying technology for internet traffic in Iran. They quit and turned against Iran because of how it was being used.Siemens made the controllers that were effected by STUXnet.
www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com...

Nokia Siemens Networks is aware of credible reports that the Iranian authorities use communications technology to suppress political activity in a way that is inconsistent with that government’s human rights obligations.

Seems the password for the Siemens controllers that were being attacked by STUXnet. Came directly from the maker of the controllers. Siemens. They have a presentation leaked by Wikileaks that shows they offer sabotage of nuclear infrastructure as part of there services.
page 8
http://__._/spyfiles/docs/siemens/15_siemens-intelligence-platform.html
edit on 16-1-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

OK, very interesting. Perhaps Serco were involved. They are definitely into some evil stuff.

top topics

join