It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grandmother attacked and beaten for asking patrons to stop cursing at Chuck E Cheeses-

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
This is just disgusting! It really says alot about the downfall of civilization we have going on today. People are becoming more and more cut throat and awful towards eachother. It makes me sad and I wish I was at this establishment I would have taught this boy a lesson I promise you that. Why didnt anybody help this woman? I hate people
www.theblaze.com...

A Dearborn, Michigan, grandmother was in for quite the surprise after she asked patrons at a local Chuck E. Cheese’s restaurant to watch their language. According to her family, the woman, who was celebrating her grandson’s seventh birthday, was viciously attacked by one of the men following her request. The woman’s daughter claims that the incident unfolded on Sunday afternoon after she told the group at a nearby table to control their cursing. “Please don’t use that language with children,” she said. Rather than listening to her demand, they apparently responded, “Shut the f— up and turn around.” Then, the situation escalated. Following this interaction, the woman’s daughter claims that a man jumped over the tables and started swinging. He ended up hitting the 50-year-old grandmother in the face and then allegedly dragged her by her hair

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

That is so sad.. I can imagine the horror of the poor 7 year old..as well as the rest of the group.

I guess its always best to just go discreetly to management.. and tell them of your concerns.

Hopefully management has a trained way to try and communicate with people like this..

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

This is a disgusting act carried out by animals. And nobody helped the poor lady for fear that they too would be succumbed to this barbaric assault. Everyone in that party (of the attacker) needs to be charged, at least as accessories to assault. I hope the hammer of justice reigns down super hard on these "people".

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
This is just disgusting! It really says alot about the downfall of civilization we have going on today. People are becoming more and more cut throat and awful towards eachother. It makes me sad and I wish I was at this establishment I would have taught this boy a lesson I promise you that. Why didnt anybody help this woman? I hate people
www.theblaze.com...

A Dearborn, Michigan, grandmother was in for quite the surprise after she asked patrons at a local Chuck E. Cheese’s restaurant to watch their language. According to her family, the woman, who was celebrating her grandson’s seventh birthday, was viciously attacked by one of the men following her request. The woman’s daughter claims that the incident unfolded on Sunday afternoon after she told the group at a nearby table to control their cursing. “Please don’t use that language with children,” she said. Rather than listening to her demand, they apparently responded, “Shut the f— up and turn around.” Then, the situation escalated. Following this interaction, the woman’s daughter claims that a man jumped over the tables and started swinging. He ended up hitting the 50-year-old grandmother in the face and then allegedly dragged her by her hair

I am a former heavyweight (189-201lbs) golden glove boxer. I would never allow something like that to happen. I do not have an aggressive personality, more of a protective one. I could not watch that without my instincts kicking in and start trying my best to break stuff.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

This is a disgusting act carried out by animals. And nobody helped the poor lady for fear that they too would be succumbed to this barbaric assault. Everyone in that party (of the attacker) needs to be charged, at least as accessories to assault. I hope the hammer of justice reigns down super hard on these "people".

Agreed. Maybe thier children should have been removed too, for their own safety.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
hate hearing stories like this.

You just wanna grab a tire iron and bash the guys head in , but then you would be just as ugly as he was.

this i assume is the result of a half ass kid growing up and having half ass kids of his own. Then taking them to chuckee cheese like he owns the place , and exhibits just behavoir.

Why does baby making have to be so simple, damn you evolution ! damn you god !

If only we could have a license to make babies

or atleast some sort of mental test to allow some adults in children zones.

that eugenics ... is starting to look a little more..... nm.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I dont know who to feel more bad for. The grandma or the kids watching this unfold.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish
Our justice system is a joke....

Screw the hammer of justice, we need to upgrade to sledgehammer or jackhammer of justice!!

edit on 16-1-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
reply to post by kimish
Our justice system is a joke....

Screw the hammer of justice, we need to upgrade to sledgehammer or jackhammer of justice!!

edit on 16-1-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

Star. I couldn't agree more.

Detroit... Has anyone ever seen hardcore pawn? That show alone makes me thankfull that my Aunt and cousins moved out of that God forbidden city, just for seeing how irrational and aggresively violent some people can be. Unfortunately a lot of people from Detroit are calling my city home...And they bring with them crime -selling drugs, grand theft auto, murder, etc.
edit on 16-1-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
WTH is wrong with people at Chuck E Cheese?!

I see MORE incidents of violence at this place on the news than any other "family" oriented place.

Does Chuck E Cheese bring all the scum out or what?! I will never take my kids here. I see and hear TOO many stories of people snapping and causing fights.

This poor woman. She had every right to say something. One should watch their language around kids ESP in a place meant FOR kids!

If someone grabbed my grandmother like this I'd go all wild on them and give them a feral beat down like they had never seen. They want to see crazy chick? They would see crazy chick!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Notice this happened in Dearborn, Mi. Dearborn is part of the greater Detroit area.

I will let you do the math.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Society just sucks when a decent woman cannot ask for some punks to knock off the offensive language without being beaten for it.

This woman should have safely assumed that OTHER decent people around her would step up and cover her back if things got out of hand and she SHOULD have been proven correct in assuming it.

I also can't help but note this is Detroit it happened in. It kills me to say it about any city in the United States, but if we have a Beirut, that is the spot. Any decent people still there need to leave.... It says a lot when home prices are UNDER $10,000 (no kidding..they REALLY ARE) and still can't sell. This would rank among the reasons why, I'd think.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

This is why I carry a gun, people are nuts. People cant behave land get along with others. If I find out this tough guys name he better expect it to be posted on 4chan.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Although I do not agree with nor condone the attack made upon the "Grandmother"...I really believe she should have minded her own business and not spoken directly to the unruly people. She was very foolish.

She could have discretely....gotten up from her table....gone over to the management...and told them what was going on.

There is an old streetwise pharse..(don't get in the middle of the mix).

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
That was probably one of those Chuck E. Cheese's that serves beer and wine for the "adults", so they can tolerate being around the noise and craziness. I always thought that was incredibly pathetic, having to bait adults with booze so they will take their kids there.

I cannot imagine what sort of a low-life bunch of scumbags would sit at a table at a kid's play place and cuss like they're sitting around the jail yard. It used to be that all a person had to do was politely ask other people to watch their language, and that would have sufficed. Now, one doesn't dare ask a group of thugs to watch their mouths for fear of your life.

Always get the management to do it, first of all because it is their job, and secondly, there is probably another employee on stand-by ready to call the cops if the situation escalates.

I am the same age as this grandmother. If somebody did that to me, the cops would become involved. The addresses and names of the perpetrators would be on the police report. And somewhere down the line, those perpetrators would find themselves the victims of payback, perhaps as victims of an "electrical" fire...perhaps as victims of somebody coming out of the bushes and smashing their skulls with a baseball bat....or perhaps the victim of a wreck on an icy day when their brake lines suddenly found themselves severed. This is the only type of justice that is worth talking about, because these animals probably think time in jail is a vacation.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I find it interesting reading the comments made on the link the OP provided and watching the video there that more people aren't taking notice to what is being said there. That this is the third event at a Chuck-e-cheese in that area and that this event had a possible race motive. The comments then delved further into what they see as a double standard on reporting racial violence in their media. They believe that if the crime is white on black that it would saturate the media but when the crime is reversed the perpatraitors are never shown or revealed. I wonder what this region and possibly others fear about just stating the facts of a case. To be fair they never pointed out that the victims where white in their written article but it was obvious in the video. Is this possibly designed to perpetuate racial divides?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

That was probably one of those Chuck E. Cheese's that serves beer and wine for the "adults", so they can tolerate being around the noise and craziness. I always thought that was incredibly pathetic, having to bait adults with booze so they will take their kids there.

I agree 100%

You know it was a liquor fueled assault. What a punk. I wish people would have stood up for this woman. No wonder gun sales are at a all time high

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassey222
To be fair they never pointed out that the victims where white in their written article but it was obvious in the video. Is this possibly designed to perpetuate racial divides?

To perpetuate them? No, it's done to avoid any escalation in race-related feelings. It may also be that they are pandering to the racial demographic that is their primary audience.

Everyone is thinking "i'm so glad I don't live in Detroit"
If we don't do something soon all of the US will be like Detroit.
We need a better economy and a better educational system to even begin to start fixing the problems we currently face.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You are absolutely right. I live not too far from where this happened and things are getting rough around here. Crime is running rampent not only in Detroit and the surrounding suburbs, but it is also steadily flowing out to the small towns. Just about everyone here in southeastern Michigan(with the exception of a small number) are rude, inconsiderate and just plain horrible human beings. There is not just a rise in crime around here but violent crimes and crimes against persons as well. Dirtbags like the one in the story need to get sent to Cassidy Lake Correctional Facility and let all the former Marine Corps Drill Instructors show them who the real bad boys are. Also people around here will not stand up for others. If I had been in this place those morons would have been dealt a swift, painfull, and humiliating justice to their actions. Anyone thinking of moving to this area DON'T DO IT.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I would honest handle this situation if I saw it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join