It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says he is pleased by Soldiers injury's NY Post and other news papers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Interesting opinions there, creep ;^]

Originally posted by astrocreep
if we're pissing off terrorist and terror supporters, then we must be doing something right.

GWB is pissing off EVERYBODY in the world, except the terrorist groups, who prematurely ejaculate at the idea of having tens of thousands new recruits.

he also understands that it may cause a deficit now but putting money back into the business economy and spuring growth will pruduce more tax revenue by having more tax-payers.

That has a humoristic quality. Where is that money supposed to come from after a deficit of 400 billion dollars ?

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
For those of you who don't live in this country and think Bush is puppet or an idiot....stop being jealous. It's not our fault you were born or moved to some country that doesn't have a leader with the courage or the strength of character to do what needs to be done.

You see what he is doing as invading or waging war with another country. I wonder if you would feel the same if somebody were terrorizing your country.

Every one of your leaders had the chance to help out before this all started. Now that it's mostly over you want to start helping the people of Iraq. We don't need your help or your counsel so don't even bother offering it.

Now for those of you who live in this country and think he is a puppet or an idiot....sound off! It's your right to do so and those men and women in Irag and Afghanistan are fighting and dying for your right to do that. They don't ask for your thanks or your apologies because they know you won't give them. Hearing your pathetic voices is reward enough, because without them, you wouldn't be saying anything but what the people in power tell you to say.

A wise man speaks because he has something to say...a dumb man speaks because he has to say something.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey Darkmatter, whats this "we" crap? You think Bush is doing this for your benefit?

You seem to forget that Europe and Asia have a history that stretches back thousands of years. They have seen more war, mass bombardments and terrorism than America could ever deal with.

If the USA was relentlessly bombarded day and night for months on end, I'm sure Americans would have more of a sympathetic view towards bombing the crap out of innocent civilians.

As for being jealous, I sure as hell arn't jealous of your school shootings, healthcare system and "every man for himself" attitude. Next time you hear Lee Greenwood's "Proud To Be An American", think of the Virginia Sniper, Enron, Waco, and the My Lai massacre in Vietnam.

My point? Blind Patriotism is the highest form of treason. Question EVERYTHING.

[Edited on 16-4-2003 by cargo]

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Moku, the money will come from where it always has, the generation of wealth in America comes from free enterprise and business. The mistake you make is thinking that there is a set amount of wealth and resouces in the world. America wouldn't be the power we are if we all just spend our days swatting flies and wondering when our gov. is gonna feed us. It may be hard for you to grasp the way the American economy works and that okay. I happen to have had business and economics included in my formal education so I get a better idea of what powers this machine. Our gov's deficit comes more from IT'S waste. To raise its own revenue, it must allow the economy to regenerate itself. It doesn't mean giving people money but not taking as much from them. Bush knows as JFK did as Ronaold Reagan did that cutting taxes, especially on businesses has long lasting positive results. Our gov. doesn't pay us, friend, we pay it to administrate and protect our system, not to go into business for itself. If the gov is showing a profit as it was claimed to have done by our last president, it has done something iilegal according to our constitution which outlines it's powers very clearly.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
cargo, I can't believe your showing sympathy for a brutal regime. Bombing innocent civilians?! In case you are unaware, all of our bombings in Iraq were surgical and carefully picked out except for maybe a few. The reason? WERE NOT AT WAR WITH THE IRAQI PEOPLE! All of our bombing targets have been towards government and high-ranking official buildings. Just because some civilians died (Unfortunately) in some of these bombings doesn't mean the attacks were against them or that we were "bombing the crap out of civilians". There's a difference.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
MM, you are funny !

Cluster Bombs, fuel/air bombs, and DU munition cant be used "surgically" since they target a large area or infest the area for years. That is ACTIVE VIOLENCE AGAINST CIVILIANS. The exact numbers of civilian/children casualties arent out yet, but they are probably around the tens of thousands. Many homes have been destroyed, people forced to flee. Again, numbers arent out yet. This is mass violence and terror, perhaps even more hideous than what Saddam did, and makes 9/11 look like a joke.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Mokuhadzushi, are you accusing America of terrorism now? I want you, not any other members, just you, to give me an approximate, but fairly accurate count of the civilians that have been killed.(from a reliable source, not anything like Al-J)

And also tell me why you believe America would purposfully target civilians.

I am just trying to understand what you're thinking. I mean no offense.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What are you, some kind of mentally challenged juvenile? He didn't say he is pleased by the soldier's injuries.
Am I taking this too seriously? Is this a case when the post is tongue in cheek and I'm assuming you're the moron but its actually me that is the moron without the humor?

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
No TC, he's the moron

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I4NWO was just trying to cause some trouble, and Moku, well Moku's a whole different story altogether.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Mokuhadzushi, I was only aware of them using guided bombs. Not cluster bombs. Not all of the bombs were 'smart' bombs, but they were all equipped with some sort of guiding system.

(don't forget to look at my last post...)

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well, that's what I was afraid og. I was hoping it was a joke and I overreacted.

Yeah, Bush is a moron. Whatever. Forget about the degrees from Ivy League schools. Forget about being president, as a matter of fact. Are you guys really that stupid as to think an idiot can become president?

I suppose you think any old idiot can manipulate the Democrats like he did before we were attacked. If anybody within the government had motive to cause a distraction, it is the Democratic party. You guys are not bright enough to see that, yet you call the Commander in Chief an idiot? When idiots call a very educated and politically agile president an idiot, which one comes out looking foolish?

Less than a month was needed after the war started to route Hussein's feared Republican Guard Elite, and route the Ba'athe party right out of the way.
What were all the predictions? We'll lose thousands of troops? Kill thousands of innocent people? Cause WWIII in the Middle East? All the Arab states will turn on us and break it off in us? Wow! Sounds like there are some political and military geniuses running around this joint.

As far as the rest of the world being pissed at us, I really don't care what Germany, France, Russia and China thinks. Why should I? They are the opportunistic ones but you guys love to jump on the "Attack America First!" bandwagon. Have you ever in your young lives stood for something because its right even though you are by yourself? You facts are anything but straight, do you make up your mind by listening to Martin Sheen and the Dixie Chicks?

Enough time wasted. Its amazing how people can be proven how wrong they are and that they are in fact the idiots yet they doggedly cling to their beliefs rather than look at reality.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
"Posted by joehayner : Mokuhadzushi, are you accusing America of terrorism now?"

No. Just tell me, how would you describe the horrific consequences of DU, cluster bombs and air/fuel bombs ? Perhaps "brain damage, lost limbs and inverted lungs ?" The perversion about that kind of weapons is that you cannot use them "surgically", either because of their area of damage or because of their decade-long activity.

" I want you, not any other members, just you, to give me an approximate, but fairly accurate count of the civilians that have been killed.(from a reliable source, not anything like Al-J)"

I wrote in my post that it's too early to say anything about it since the numbers we currently have are mil. prop.

"And also tell me why you believe America would purposfully target civilians."

It has nothing to do with belief. DU, cluster bombs and air/fuel bombs are _facts_.

[Edited on 17-4-2003 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yeah, Bush is a moron. Whatever. Forget about the degrees from Ivy League schools. Forget about being president, as a matter of fact. Are you guys really that stupid as to think an idiot can become president?

Is this in reference to my post? I would just like to clear up that I was not refering to Bush as a moron. I was speaking of the person who started this thread.

[Edited on 17-4-2003 by Tetsuo-51]

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetsuo-51

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Is this in reference to my post? I would just like to clear up that I was not refering to Bush as a moron. I was speaking of the person who started this thread.

[Edited on 17-4-2003 by Tetsuo-51]

No-no, I understood you correctly, I believe we stand on the same side.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hey Midnight Mutilator, do you want to put anymore words in my mouth? Show me where in my post I said I show sympathy for Saddam hussein and his regime. Show me...

Oh but Bush says "if you are not with us, you are against us". Is your mind really that simple that you think things are that black and white too? Or can you look past the flag waving and over-patriotic vomit to see the real picture?

I dont give a # about Saddam Hussein. I sure as hell dont give a # about Bush. Do you think the Iraqis give a # about you? I mean, what part of "USA GO HOME" can't you understand? These people are both celebrating the collapse of Saddams regime AND are telling the US to get out, both at the same time. Iraq will just become another Afghanistan. US soldiers will continue to die away from the media eye and it will be covered up by the USG while underground Fedayeen and Al Qaeda guerrilla groups will wreak havoc on peacekeepers.

Lets get realistic, nobody gives a # about anyone but themselves. If you think Bush is doing this to free the Iraqi people or to protect Americans, you are one sadly mistaken individual.

I have lost all interest in "saving the world" I look out for myself. Whatever happened to individual responsibility?

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
"Yeah, Bush is a moron. Whatever. Forget about the degrees from Ivy League schools. Forget about being president, as a matter of fact. Are you guys really that stupid as to think an idiot can become president?"

The guy is also royalty. Inbreeding has been shown to significantly decline IQ's within offspring. This also illustrates just how much control the illuminati/cabal have over us- we buy into this mess of a presidency.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
All this from an out of context quote, in order to incite some anti-Bush feelings. Wouldn't this make it disinformation?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Lessons in ATS Topic Resurrection #2, May 2004:

I learned nothing from reading about George W Bush's statement of 14 months ago. I have learned far more about his attitude towards troops through his observable behaviour since then.

All hat, no cattle, no brains, no diplomacy.

"Bring 'em on" best sums up his insanity and attitudinal problems.

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Mods,

Please forgive me if I�m out of line, or if the issue has already been addressed, but shouldn�t Illuminati4NWO have at least been docked points or gotten a warning for blatantly misrepresenting the nature of a quote to further his political agenda? Doesn�t something like that do more to lower the quality of ATS than excessive quoting? (Which if SkepticOverlord's mass U2Us are any indication, will definetly garner a warning.)

All kidding aside, to me his post was absolutely misleading, and inherently contrary to the goals of ATS. IMO, no-one should be allowed to resort to such tactics on a site whose motto is �Deny Ignorance� There are plenty of valid arguments that anti-Bush people can raise. To use a partial quote that completely changes the meaning of statement, is intellectually dishonest, and has no place in a true debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join