It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you be interested seeing God judge certain people?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I was just thinking about how certain people commited the most terrible crimes against humanity, children, the unaware, innocent and got away with it. They commited the crime and live or lived a life without ever facing a court of law.

Let us just say that God exists. Although I believe in God but knowing for certain there is God I do not know, thats why they call it believing I guess. Therefore I hope there is a God when I see certain persons get away with hidious crimes. Just knowing that God can see in these criminals hearts and that God is aware of every crime commited by these persons gives me a sense of peace.

God wants us to forgive our trespassers but I will understand that some trespassers deserve not to be forgiven and probably will be condemned by God when He agrees with that.

Well, I would most certainly like to be there when certain people will face God and watch them try to worm their way out of His questioning.

Would you like to see such a devine court day too or would you not be interested what some high profile criminals have to say in their defense?

Anybody in particular in mind?

Or did I not understand how God works because He will forgive everybody?

PS Mod, I am not sure if this is the right forum.

edit on 16/1/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Nice point of view.

I was always lead to believe that when that day comes and judgment is upon us, every single one of us will know each other's sins and punishment.

So that's kinda like standing in front of mom and dad while having a arch angel spill out your many episodes of masterbation, considering it is a sin.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am not religious but let's be logical here.

If we are all going to be judged you should only worry about what judgement is coming upon yourself.

So the only person I am interested in seeing being judged is myself.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
In that scenario, I'd be a little more concerned about what I was going to say.

I know what you mean, OP, but I guess I'll just have to rest on the premise that justice and/or mercy shall be done.

Now...lemme go work on MY speech.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Read Dante's Inferno - In the lower bowerages of Hell he placed the present pope of his day

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Christians say that there is a war between our flesh and our spirit. They say that our flesh is what we have to fight against in order to resist temptations. Does this god know this? If so, then it would understand that it is our flesh, not our spirit that is evil, yet when we are free of our flesh after death, we could still be tortured forever?

I mean, once we're free from this flesh, aren't we good again, since it is the flesh that we are trying to overcome? And if we're all free from the flesh once we die, why wouldn't we be accepted by this god again? Is it because of the poor judgements and actions we made in the finite time of our flesh? Is it "just" to punish us forever for this finite life of crime?
edit on 16-1-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I have to admit I'm of mixed feelings here. I know I have to offer up complete forgiveness to all and hold no judgement against others to receive & be free of the same myself, but I definitely yearn for an accounting from those who have abused and used people, stolen and killed, and left this world in such a sad state of injustice.

In my mind I hope for them to turn from these acts and show sincere repentance, but my longing for justice and a recompense for what's been done to people lead me to feel things I shouldn't in my heart.

I won't name any specific names as I'm not sure how any might have stood in their final moment or currently, on their own personal level, but whether I should or not, I have to admit a personal satisfaction with the idea of eternal enmity against those who have actively sought to rob the innocents in this world while robbing the world itself of its innocence.

I'll have to keep working on that, as I know it doesn't leave me in the right place.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think that's an individual choice. One may die, meet God or whatever their version of it is, and choose just to stay the same anyway, thereby being thrust into another physical existence of the same demeanor. So until the thief, murderer, rapist, sees that his/her ways are wrong, they will always be in that state. That is their suffering and that's ok by me.
If they become enlightened. All can be forgiven. Which means for them, they can live in a better physical reality or even spiritual one. Maybe even a heaven like one. I think the key is your own consciousness and it's growth.
Just my thought.
edit on 16-1-2012 by hershamindo because: missed a thought

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The cosmic arrest team is coming in. The Light will arrive. Pencils down. But I believe they hold out their hands and its up to us to be ready, and that they are not punitive, but heal, yet they have to work with us and our free will. But I don't see the kind of judgment your talking about. Whatever is faced is ourselves, we face ourselves and some things but might very hard that we've done, and need to go through their thoughts. Some speak of a mirror, the shadows. I believe in healing and that might be a part of it I don't know. But love and healing. There is also a frequency match, Jacob's ladder, and the many mansions, winterlands/summerlands. We need to free our minds and try to help others, the prodigal sons/daughters, pray for everyone. Nothing hidden is hidden in the Light, but we can still pray for all those in hidden traps, losing their lights and kindness and those who are harmed/victims in hidden places, in underground bases, in private homes, in rituals, in ways don't know. Children who need to be rescued, and for those who need to face what they're doing and make U-Turns because its easier to face this with Support than alone with monsters all around, whether they're real or shadows. I pray for and see healing.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I am not religious but let's be logical here.

If we are all going to be judged you should only worry about what judgement is coming upon yourself.

So the only person I am interested in seeing being judged is myself.

Ofcourse I would worry about my own appearance before God but I am not that worried.....compared to some real mofo's should. The question is about that kind of persons.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Christians say that there is a war between our flesh and our spirit. They say that our flesh is what we have to fight against in order to resist temptations. Does this god know this? If so, then it would understand that it is our flesh, not our spirit that is evil, yet when we are free of our flesh after death, we could still be tortured forever?

I mean, once we're free from this flesh, aren't we good again, since it is the flesh that we are trying to overcome? And if we're all free from the flesh once we die, why wouldn't we be accepted by this god again? Is it because of the poor judgements and actions we made in the finite time of our flesh? Is it "just" to punish us forever for this finite life of crime?
edit on 16-1-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

it was half the objective truth and what is half is evil abuse of rights replacing the other half, truth is all and one same freedom superiority reference

so u see, there is no war between spirit and flesh, flesh are objects superiority in truth too
while ur spirit out is your freedom constant existing subject fact value that is also related to true positive freedom value as the reference that could point your freedom right existing value or wrong or nothing individually

freedom value mainly is the appreciation to superior ends so to true positive objective realization and true constant sense subjectively

freedom value is one but also one value is freedom

what matters really is the positive present relation to freedom superiority concept sense so to absolute freedom truth

freedom value is one, in the sense that what exist is what is free bc what is free is undirectly positive constant end one, so what enjoy being constant truly is positive existing freely
that is why individuals free senses are always easily subjects ones as positive end means, even when the free sense is evil so pretending existing by living through abusing its powers over others free senses rights, they must also pretend being positive means in negative ends

also one value is freedom, in the sense that what is truly constant one is objectively related to freedom superiority sense, what is definitely positive as one constant cant b but more so never back

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Or did I not understand how God works because He will forgive everybody?

Well... Your first mistake is to think that God is a person and a second mistake is to think that you are not the absolute.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'd be far more interested in his followers not judging everyone on his behalf.

Most religious people are hypocritical Gods in their own right. Telling others they'll burn in hell for their beliefs is playing God, yet happens too often to count. Also, still have yet to meet a single person who actually follows Jesus' teachings. Sure they cherry pick the convenient stuff, but what about the part of giving away all your possessions aside from a single robe to poor people? And that's just the beginning of the hypocracy.

edit on 16-1-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

jesus is evil he is like satan as a man to god

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

what is only right so less then absolutely true, but absolutely right so free really, can never be used for lies or wrong, bc any reality is set by truth
that is how all those subjective powers are necessary evil forces abuse wills and for negative ends

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I wouldn't worry too much about it. In the bible the word judge and rule are sometimes interchangeable. God will rule over his people, but god won't judge his people as though they were in court. Besides, everything is his fault. He made us in his own image and knew we were evil from our creation and still let us live. I'm innocent.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I would not want to see God judge others, I believe that would be personal, and private, and no one would want there lives judged before another, would you?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I believe a very important lesson in this life is this: do not take pleasure in the suffering of others. Since I believe strongly in this rule, I have no desire to see even the most despicable being judged by God. That judgement is between them and God and is of no concern to me. Those who do evil things will experience evil things being done to them at some point in time. (Whether that be via Divine Justice, Karma or Causality.)
edit on 17/1/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I think all your sins will be revealed to everyone at judgement.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If one accepts the current mindset of humanity in which perpetual advancement leads to a conclusion of perfection (Everything could be said to have a perfect approach dependent upon perspective) then there will come a day when man knows the secrets of the cosmos and is equatable to that which religious people call God or Allah or Whomever. Perhaps at that time when all of time-space is comprehensible then man will be weighed and found wanton.

A version of the truth: Each of us is experiencing the gradient of ourselves, each degree of which belongs to a broader self or soul. The multi-verse is not beyond comprehension; though in this place the waters have been muddied.

In response to the question: "Would you be interested seeing God judge certain people?" No, I would much rather my brothers and sisters reach elucidation opening their hearts, condemnation is not for me I prefer eduction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join