It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't we, me, or you separate from our own governent? what states it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If this is put in the wrong section Mods move it please...

OK, so I'm going to try to explain.

In our constitution it states that we have the right to live or lives as we see fit right? that also includes our body right? what law? what bill? what mandate? says we have to live with the way society lives today. What if you had people that want to be self sufficient 100% but can't cause of homestead laws. what to do? Is there a way to drop everything and be 100% self sufficient I've tried to find this answer, but can't seem to get it in laymen terms. I did not ask to be born! So if your in this world and you feel that you don't belong, how can you escape? What law states that you have to live like this? Or is freedom really an illusion? So the question at hand is,could we drop out of society and form another government due to injustice of our law makers. why can't I live my life the way I want to?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The answer to your question is 1776.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

I asked a judge once: why do we have to obey the law... The answer it came down to is the law has a bigger stick than me....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

So when we broke from England we made it so that we could not do it again? on a local scale?

link   
Philosophers have posited this same question for millenia... "Who owns me?" "Why don't I own me?" The answers are as much sociological and psychological as they are legal and philosophical. Before I start spewing my .02 on the matter, I'm interested in reading what some others think first.

I'll give a hint to my theory... people care what others think and want to be accepted by others. This leads to a number of counter-intuitive behaviors that makes one beholden or enslaved to society and government. By the same token, this same behavior makes it easier for tyrants and despots to gain rule through propagnada.

This should be an interesting thread!

link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
The answer to your question is 1776.

And living according to a piece of constitutional paper isn't any similar to restricting yourself to live by religion?

Does it state anywhere in any constitution that we as people should never ever decide to turn to a better system if it would be available?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

But the people make the law right, no people no law?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

So when we broke from England we made it so that we could not do it again? on a local scale?
No, Lincoln did that to us.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Oracle
Does it state anywhere in any constitution that we as people should never ever decide to turn to a better system if it would be available?
Actually, the founding fathers believed just the opposite. That is WHY we had the second amendment.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by purplemer

But the people make the law right, no people no law?

Here is what is missing in your thought process. Most people want to be slaves. They do not want freedom and especially do not want the personal responsibility that freedom requires as a per-requisite. They want to be cared for, to be told what to do. The only difference between them and a free range chicken is that the chicken is consumed directly instead of being consumed soul/spirit first.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I wish to live my life and do with my body as I see fit without government reprimand. how can this be possible?

link   
Nothing stops you but yourself. You have the right to do what you wish and I believe as long as you don't harm anyone or cause any damage to them or their property. Unfortunately some people think they need to control our lives and even worse a lot of people still believe these people. So we have to tread ever so slightly in our daily lives. I don't pay any income tax as I don't have any "income" as it is defined in law. So I have decided to take that power back for myself I didn't need anyone to give me permission.

link   
I have been contemplating the same things lately. I don't feel like I fit in with most of society, but maybe it's because the media and culture brainwashes us all to think we are so different, when in reality we all are good people, with good morals, and that war and hate is being sold to us and we spend all our money as a people on it, but in reality it's our government and we don't support the wars and the brainwashing and propaganda anymore, people are seriously waking up. I'm not saying everyone will always make good decisions, but our Homeland certainly doesn't need to be declared a war zone and our government shouldn't be able to take people as prisoners and hold them indefinitely for absolutely no other reason than suspicion, come on now people what's that? Seriously? Why have they recently fully staffed the F.E.M.A. camps that hold the mass coffins? This topic raises some interesting questions about some either strange coincidences or some rough roads ahead. What is going to happen in this crazy year of the dragon? Aren't we also entering the age of aquarius? So many things connect it's seriously weird.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I wish to live my life and do with my body as I see fit without government reprimand. how can this be possible?
That makes you a terrorist. Please report to the nearest FEMA camp for reeducation.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There is nothing preventing anyone from giving up their citizenship. At anytime, you, me, we, etc. can formally renounce our US citizenship and become citizens of another country. Just go to: travel.state.gov... all the info you need is there. Honestly, people do it all the time.

Now, if you want to secede from the United States (i.e. claim a portion of land that is part of the US as your own), that's probably not going to happen. Others have tried and failed. If you want to try, I'd suggest building a large army, one larger than the country you're trying to secede from, and finding very powerful allies.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
the problem is that at some point people will come into contact with other people who don't have the exact same view on things and other than starting a fight to settle the argument over something like grain should always be spread using the left arm v's right arm for example so we have judges and a standard set of rules to in theory provide a basic set of rules to live by and a group of enlightened individuals elected to set the rules so providing checks and balance to the rule making procedure

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

If you get a whole community together then you become more powerful. This is why certain communities are targetted in the us and uk. If you get a whole town on side then there is no reason why you cannot demand and implement your own laws and courts.

Trick is, you need to get everyone on board first, easier said than done but its definately doable.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Get a 40 ft sailboat and go to international waters. There you will be under maritime law. Good luck with the pirates.
You can renounce citizenship and get yourwish.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
My understanding is there are two types of law, problem is only one side knows knows how to use the advantages. When going into court most play themselves into the government’s hands, naturally the government assumes the responsibility along with the power. The court system itself is a ritual and I do believe the law can be less oppressive if that time is taken to understand what is going on. Basically when you go into court, you are supposed to be innocent, however just by accepting your title etc you fall into the jurisdiction of the court. I have only taken time to learn a few various elements lately but ultimately you will be far less restricted when the judge etc know they will be held accountable for what they pass.

Essentially, there is no need to separate from the government; it is a matter breaking free from the conditioning of abiding by their rules. Once they know you have studied your human rights and how the system works unless you have murdered or something they will move on to the next fool. I am still learning about this stuff but it is all about how you address yourself and what you choose to accept.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Nope unfortunately you can't do any of these things, because you are not free. It is an illusion. I think that the truth is hidden from us, but we all accept the lies anyway. We have become a race of sheep, it might be too late to change now....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join