It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lineage of the Gods: A Succession Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Intro

Let’s assume for a moment that the stories are all true. Thousands of years ago, the human race was created (or at least developed to its current level of biological advancement) by some God or collection of Gods. I’d like to present something I’ve been thinking of for a while, which incorporates the lineage of Gods with a vastly complex, millennia-spanning method of selecting a successor.

(I will apologize in advance if some of this is fragmented, as it is still a thought in progress. If you have any ideas that can contribute to the overall discussion (promoters or detractors), I’d love to hear them. If nothing else, it could provide an interesting thought-exercise, and could help push forward my own understanding of this fledgling thought. Also, I can’t guarantee my knowledge of the family trees of the gods, as I’m really only doing research for examples so far to illustrate this idea. The names of the players are secondary to understanding of the game itself.)

Concept

Consider the persistent idea of a “Father of the Gods”. You could view this as Odin, Zeus, Ra, Yahweh or what have you, and all of these figures could be an abstraction of the same thing: The source of all life… or the common ancestor.

This top-level figure is (through most traditions, religions, etc) thought to have had a non-zero number of children. If we consider the top level guy to be one being abstracted by different cultures, then we can apply the same principle to the second-tier beings. For simplicity, let’s go with Norse Gods, and say that Odin was the father of Thor, Balder, Hoder, Hermod, Tyr, and Heimdall, as well as any others that may have come about from his numerous “interactions” with the human race and other Top-tier Gods.

Now, consider Odin selecting one of his children to become the next ruler of all gods. I’d like to propose a scenario that could explain behaviours in many leaders, many families, many religions, which, if it were true, and known by all members of the human race, would undoubtedly result in unimaginable “ethnic cleansing”. So I’m not saying this as a “Wouldn’t that be cool?”, but more as a “Yikes. It would explain a lot of stuff if this were true and only a handful of people knew it.”

Background of Lineage

Interaction with the human race dilutes the Godly bloodline. So children stemming from a combination of God and human are reduced in lifespan, reduced in influence, power, etc. Children of these children are similarly less powerful… resulting in a situation where each successive generation dilutes the power of the original deity.

However, some of the most powerful families in the world maintain a degree of status due to the purity of their bloodlines… The fewer generations that have passed within a family, the closer they are to the power at the top, and therefore the more god-like each individual of the family is.

Imagine that the original deities are still around, but do not interact with humans at this stage of the competition, since the game was set in motion, then left to play out based on characteristics inherent in each bloodline.

Background of the Contest

Odin would have said to each of his children: “You have a set amount of time to influence the direction of your bloodline. Tech them what they need to know to be successful over the others, but do not teach them [these forbidden technologies]. After the time of your influence, you will leave the humans undisturbed until a point in the future where one bloodline survives all others. You will each get to live on in the world, but not to use your Godly powers (beyond that of everlasting life), and you must not present yourself as a God to gain followers.”
The ultimate goal, and winning condition is the destruction of the bloodlines of all of your competitors.

Winning Conditions

Ultimately, the way to make your god happy is to destroy members of the bloodlines of His competitors, but not those of your own, or to increase the number of members of the bloodline by procreating (hopefully with other members of the same bloodline, so as to avoid increasing numbers for a competitor as well).

The tricky bit comes with the reproductive rates of humans. It is difficult to remove large swaths of population without having godly powers. Hence, the continuing development of newer, and more powerful weapons might be a priority pursued by representative of each bloodline. These weapons cannot be used without tipping one’s hand… so in order to play an end-game scenario, humans must develop far enough to be able to destroy a competing bloodline ENTIRELY before trying to make such a play, or else they risk being retaliated against.

A Failed Attempt (Check)

There have been attempts in the past to wipe out the entire human race (excepting a single bloodline) and we can use the example of Noah’s Ark here. This Noah Character was told by his God that a flood was coming. In our example here, this could be seen as an attempt to destroy the descendants of all other Gods. It was nearly successful, if mythology is to be believed, and one wonders if this could have led to a vast reduction in the number of candidates.

It would be possible that this occurrence reduced the playing field to a small set of gods with a remaining bloodline. All the old gods no longer exist and cannot gather descendants. The remaining few had prepared well enough, or diversified enough that the singular weapon of “flood” was not sufficient to wipe them out.

A Winning Scenario (Checkmate)

Every weapon developed by humanity has had a certain level of uncertainty. You cannot aim a pistol at “a descendant of Thor”, and you cannot carpet-bomb to specifically target “Descendants of Balder”. Yet.

We have a supremely powerful weapon currently in development, however, and it is called Genetics. We have the ability to see the basic building blocks of life, to the point where we can discern specific traits that are characteristic of a specific group of people. This has the potential to give rise to a weapon that can target a specific bloodline… the trick is to know what you’re looking for. How can one tell what the bloodline traits to be targeted will be, without access to the original, or knowledge that it’s even what they seek? How can you ensure your own god wins?

I had recently read that a potential weaponization of our knowledge of DNA could be engineered viruses that target specific genetic traits… racism at its most destructive. As you can see, the winning of this competition would require the destruction of a large percentage of the human population… which seems to be consistent with what some are saying is the end goal of some secret societies.

So…what do you all think? What areas need more thought? What needs clarification? How can I present this more… succinctly?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Wouldn't you need to define what a God is?

I believe most myths are built on a reality. So I believe Zeus - Mars and the rest of the gang were probably real beings.

But what kind of beings.

Is God just a title?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Sorry I really like your post and believe the basics of it. I just have this thing about "What is God". Star for you.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I believe most myths are built on a reality. So I believe Zeus - Mars and the rest of the gang were probably real beings.

But what kind of beings.

Is God just a title?

EDIT: Sorry I really like your post and believe the basics of it. I just have this thing about "What is God". Star for you.

Would it help to have that definition? For the most part, I suppose in this scenario, it comes down to earliest the common descendant of your bloodline, and the most concentrated power-sink (if I may coin a term) below the all-father.

Largely, though...the definition is also a secondary concept, I think... because it is just determined by "Whatever it was back there that set this ball of human activity in motion."

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrikeyMagnet

Originally posted by Annee

But what kind of beings.

Is God just a title?

Would it help to have that definition? For the most part, I suppose in this scenario, it comes down to earliest the common descendant of your bloodline, and the most concentrated power-sink (if I may coin a term) below the all-father.

Largely, though...the definition is also a secondary concept, I think... because it is just determined by "Whatever it was back there that set this ball of human activity in motion."

I suppose not. Its just a pet peeve of my own.

Carry on. Good thread.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

For the purpose of this discussion, I suppose you could make an argument that we are nearly at the point where we could be the gods to a "next level" of creation. We can simulate complex systems that interact with themselves to give us an approximation of natural processes. Couldn't we create a game that covers all of these starting points? Basically a simulation of all of human existence?

Hmmm... At that point, maybe we could manipulate "Time" (being the variable used to control the speed of evolution and development), and watch how our creation plays out.

How about motivations? What could be in it for the humans themselves? How many (or how few) people would have to know the rules of the game for the game to carry on?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I like your concept and it sounds like a great game. I have to ask, have you read Zechariah Stichins books? The first, "the twelfth planet", tells a great story of "gods" coming to earth and the creation of man. Also tells of how the planets were created.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UsualSuspect

I have not read these books (or heard of them), but it sounds worth a look. I try to read everything that passes in front of me, as I like to know enough to be dangerous about any topic that might come up.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

For the purpose of this discussion, I suppose you could make an argument that we are nearly at the point where we could be the gods to a "next level" of creation.

Yes - - I suppose at some point you become the Creator.

Some video games have taken on a life of their own - - they have become very realistic. Man is their Creator.

All is possible.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
wasnt their some talk about hitler believing that Aryans were actually an extraterrestrial race? i thought i read about that somewhere. That would tie into the OP quite well .

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Meekbot2000

I have seen such info... and it would dovetail into the idea... but then add in that being an extraterrestrial race did not make them in any way separate or unique. It just makes them one of the competing bloodlines.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

I should mention also that I'm at work right now, so my responses my be short... and that my computer at home died a few days ago. I will not abandon this thread... but you may not see me online for long stretches of time. That's just a coincidence... and an overall unlucky situation, computer-wise.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
One must assume that your"gods" in not being able to use their godly powers to wipe out the opposition at what point would you call godlike powers? As been mentioned manipulation of DNA to a lay man this would be godlike power. One first must delineate what the first entity was ie a man with godlike powers or an all knowing entity. Your theory could only hold up in the first instance as in the second instance a "god" would know the outcome beforehand. Even so using the first explanation I don't think a clearcut answer to wiping out anothers bloodline would be very practicle as even the royal bloodlines are that convoluted that it would make even DNA targeting very haphazard. That said the royal bloodlines are the most pure, and I say that very loosly, compared to the current industrial or money based hierarcies which you are probably alluding to. Even all the royal lines (if you look at history) areswmped with bastards and jump from one family to another. As has been said that the post could be that book or this book because to answer your post properly one would have to write a books load of explainations.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The screening isn't all that complicated, it seems the 'gods' have had the tech to screen out what they want and don't all along, this is a bio storage facility, or a petri dish collection, an ant farm of sorts imo. The gods harvest out what they need all the time..to even think they needed some sort of arrangement or contract to do what they do from any government is funny..cause they been doing it all along wouldn't you think? What im saying i dont thing a race of gods can come take over the lab ..its like a bunch of students in a college taking over the lab room they study in ..big deal, lock yourself in we don't care..like whats the point? save the mice and the frogs ..fine..take em

lol

what rules the lab is not the students, the students earn the knowledge , but in the end what rules the knowledge is beyond the lab and is ever present in principle through out the universe ..the gods think more on universal and timeless things rather then what is temporary and futile like in owning a creation of some kind or another,
lol like taking in a breath and believing you own it, seriously? no, blow that out and think again.
it would seem that stupid will do whatever to learn to be smarter, so are races that believe they can rule a people or planet or sector of the universe, thinking by distorting or destroying a collective at will is power. It proves only that they don't know , and cant learn what they don't know till they do the thing that will prove it.

Harvesting of people is biblical in fact, it was mentioned that it happens at the end of time.a gathering of the elect or a separation wheat from chaff , so it is of interest if it was so mentioned. all this interest of separation of clan and bloodlines are lab related practices but its not to suggest that this lab is the only 'experiment/learning experience' available , we being the subject carry the lesson within us and it is our purpose to transmit that, but what is a question without the answer? and who is asking?? lol even one further where is the inspiring to ask coming from, the hunger to know?

anyway..power isn't always about owning a thing, give it away and see

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I have not read these books (or heard of them), but it sounds worth a look. I try to read everything that passes in front of me, as I like to know enough to be dangerous about any topic that might come up.

Definatly worth a look. I have read the first. And currently reading another. Zechariah has studied the Sumerian tablets of creation as well as uses references from other creation stories and treats myths as facts to tell a magnificant story of where we come from and how the solar system was formed.
A lot of people call him a hack and say that he makes some wild assumptions, but he references his material well and uses a lot of modern science to justify his claims.
I would reccomend to start by researching the annunaki, I believe you will find many articles on this site alone.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Meekbot2000

I have seen such info... and it would dovetail into the idea... but then add in that being an extraterrestrial race did not make them in any way separate or unique. It just makes them one of the competing bloodlines.

Yes - - I do believe as energy evolved it formed a consciousness and thought energy began to create. But that would have been billions of years ago (by earth timeline).

Then layers upon layers upon layers of creation from the original thought consciousness. Creating sub-Creators - - or Gods.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crayzeed

I agree. It could take books worth of knowledge to properly discuss this,as if this were the true nature of things, then all of human evolution and history would fit somewhere within it.

I'm still not sure the definition of God would affect the outcome or the progression of the game (though I agree the all-seeing God would kinda break it...so let's rule that out. An all-seeing God sounds like a fairy-tale made up to scare children anyway. (And there I've just alienated the majority of the religious world)). I guess when I suggested the "Inability to use their Godly powers", what I meant was... well to use a current example, if we considered the leaders of our current governments to be the "Gods", then their godly powers would include the technologies that are currently in use. They could know of the idea of gunpowder... but how many world leaders would know how to make it?

Essentially, the game would come down to having these gods influence humanity so that it can develop these things for itself. So... the Gods may know of all the cool tech that they had back in "The Before Time", but beyond pushing a button to make it work, they likely would not know how to make it happen.

They might have an idea of what they want to achieve, but in order to achieve it, the entire science behind it would have to be recreated.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UsualSuspect
Definatly worth a look. I have read the first. And currently reading another. Zechariah has studied the Sumerian tablets of creation as well as uses references from other creation stories and treats myths as facts to tell a magnificant story of where we come from and how the solar system was formed.
A lot of people call him a hack and say that he makes some wild assumptions, but he references his material well and uses a lot of modern science to justify his claims.
I would reccomend to start by researching the annunaki, I believe you will find many articles on this site alone.

Aha! Was it a summary of his Sumerian Creation Mythos interpretation in "Earth's Forbidden Secrets (Part 1 of 1)"? I've read that, but had not yet gone to the length of reading further. That part in itself was compelling enough to warrant deeper research.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

According to Sitchin modern man is the end result of adding DNA from the Gods to apelike beings resulting in what the Sumerians called Adapa (biblcal Adam).
Weaponizing viruses would be a very convenient way to target not just specific DNA traits but to target for extermination everyone else who did not have certain traits.
This is my fear about biological weapons as the ultimate instrument of genocide -
It would be the most efficient and effective way of ridding the planet of excess population while leaving an extremely difficult trail to follow.
No nuclear fallout, no hordes with pitchforks, just people quietly dying everywhere else.

Sitchin has 7 or 8 books in the 12th planet series.
Well worth reading.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

I would like to add that this reminds me of the manna machine and different theories about the ark of the covenant. What if they were technology given to the Hebrew people and not the act if "God" but something else?

Need to use the preview button.
edit on 16-1-2012 by subject1145 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here is the truth about your gods, and all gods:

saturniancosmology.org...

new topics

top topics

join