It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange cloud in west yorkshire

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
In any case, how can an antenna array create lenticular clouds? Or, indeed, any clouds?

You're playing with straw

You mis understand - I originally said I felt the cloud formations photographed were natural.
Haarp came into the discussion as a side issue and clouded (pun intended) the issue

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

My apologies

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

My apologies

No problem

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Thats a nice cloud, shame its so cold today.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

i worked there all last year actually inside menwith hill

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone

i worked there all last year actually inside menwith hill

See anything interesting ?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Sorry, probably shouldn't have taken it out on you and thank you for being decent when I didn't deserve it.
But what documentary? There is so much pseudo-scientific rubbish out there on that topic and many others, most of it makes no real sense when compared to real science. HAARP isn't designed for weather manipulation and isn't capable of doing so.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
reply to post by AgentSmith

IT Wouldn't surprise me if you was some kind of global elite agent paid the minimum wage to try and dismiss people from getting too close to the truth

I'm sure (I hope!) you're joking :-p
But sadly that is often the serious response to anyone that comes up with the usually mundane and relatively boring truth. I hate being the boring one, but I'd rather know actual facts and have an actual understanding of things than be conned by people peddling pseudo-scientific nonsense to give themselves some sort of fame and wealth.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith

Sorry, probably shouldn't have taken it out on you and thank you for being decent when I didn't deserve it.
But what documentary? There is so much pseudo-scientific rubbish out there on that topic and many others, most of it makes no real sense when compared to real science. HAARP isn't designed for weather manipulation and isn't capable of doing so.

Hi - HAARP may not be designed for weather manipulation but it can affect the weather.

Some info I came across pasted below

It’s the largest ionospheric heater in the world. Capable of heating a 1000 square kilometer area of the ionosphere to over 50,000 degrees. It’s also a phased array. Which means it’s steer-able and those waves can be directed to a selected target area. What they have found is that by sending radio frequency energy up and focusing it, as they do with these kinds of instruments, it causes a heating effect. And that heating literally lifts the ionosphere within a 30 mile diameter area therein changing localized pressure systems or perhaps the route of jet streams. Moving a jet stream is a phenomenal event in terms of man being able to do this. The problem is we cannot model the system adequately. Long term consequences of atmospheric heating are unknown. Changing weather in one place can have a devastating downstream effect. And H.A.A.R.P. has already been accused of modifying the weather.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Can you post a link to where you copied the info from please (not being sarcastic or anything I just want to see it in the context of the entire source and what the source is).

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The ionosphere varies in height according to time of day and solar activity - it has no effect at all on air pressure (how can it?) nor air movement within the troposphere.

Charging particles does not make them more/less dense

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Can you post a link to where you copied the info from please (not being sarcastic or anything I just want to see it in the context of the entire source and what the source is).

Yes no prob AgentSmith Below is one link of many I found when typing "can haarp affect weather" into AVG search engine

www.bariumblues.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The ionosphere varies in height according to time of day and solar activity - it has no effect at all on air pressure (how can it?) nor air movement within the troposphere.

Charging particles does not make them more/less dense

I am not sure of the science. I am attempting to look in an unbaised way - I posted a link above to AgentSmith - worth having a look and considering
edit on 18-1-2012 by artistpoet because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thank you, it's not a subject I've ever looked at a massive amount. The patent looks interesting, I certainly don't believe in Chemtrail nonsense however. I think a big problem is there is a rift between 'conspiracy theorists' and 'scientists' that shouldn't be there. It doesn't help when scientists explaining something start being called 'shills' and 'government agents', but then it doesn't help if scientists label anyone that questions things 'crackpots'.
I came on here with an open mind many years ago through my search for information on UFO's and such like once the Internet started becoming more readily available. I quickly found myself forced to a 'side' just because I would take the time to research things and inevitably debunk some of them (some of them long-lasting beliefs I desperately wanted to believe), which has given me a bit of an attitude problem :-/
It's naive to think we are told everything, but at the same time people have to accept sometimes there really is just a mundane explanation. Sometimes some theories really are just made up by people to sell 'an idea' through books/DVDs and with growing popularity these days advertising on You Tube.
I think if both 'sides' just learn to give a little and especially people would stop accusing people of working for the Government because they quite rightly question aspects of alternative theories we'd all find out a lot more.

It would do everyone a massive favour who want the truth too, if they didn't fall hook line and sinker for every wacky pseudoscientific idea that someone markets. At the same time, people on my 'side' need to accept that everything is not always as it seems. There are secret military projects, we eventually find out about a lot of them so there is no denying that. And things like The Greenbrier and Burlington are evidence enough you can hide the biggest things right under people's noses for decades, sometimes disguised as part of something else ;-)
I withhold my opinion on this subject for now (or I'll try to) because frankly it's enormously complicated and to research and understand every aspect that needs to be in order to form a decent, verifiable conclusion is beyond the scope of my time!
But I do urge people not to simply believe an idea without spending the enormous amount of time some subjects take to research just because someone promises the truth and lays out a load of convincing looking information, if you do that without understanding it then you may as well believe whatever the 'official' version is.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

Yes I take on board what you are saying.
It is better to accept that sometimes we just do not know.
There are many things I believe to be so yet scientific study does not always suffice.
Science is a discipline I admire but sometimes it can be a real slow coach so to speak
I study those things which capture my imagination or I am drawn to
I tend to be ecleptic in my aproach and see how things are connected
Sometimes the life work of a scientist can be a moment of realisation for others
I like the idea that each sees reality through their own experience and contemlation/study/research
Of course there is the inevitable know it all and those wishing to simply undermine or ridicule
On the other hand there are those who are truly seeking a deeper understanding
ATS is sure a mixed bag
Thanks for your post/thoughts they are appreciated

edit on 18-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That looks normal cloud before summer thunderstorm, they start rise and when they reach tropopause they start widening. So its pretty small anvil cloud.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Of course there is the inevitable know it all and those wishing to simply undermine or ridicule
ATS is sure a mixed bag

An excellent post, and regarding that particular part I find myself muddling between those traits myself. I think I get angry too easily, actually I know I do. I get particularly frustrated when I try to simply post facts and suddenly get accused of being a 'shill' and 'CIA agent' (I wish!). But then I usually take my frustration out on others who probably don't deserve it. Part of the cause that manifests in a general negative attitude for me and I imagine anyone on either 'side' is a general feeling of inadequacy in life, not a very good character trait. But then we're all only human :-)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
ATS is sure a mixed bag

An excellent post, and regarding that particular part I find myself muddling between those traits myself. I think I get angry too easily, actually I know I do. I get particularly frustrated when I try to simply post facts and suddenly get accused of being a 'shill' and 'CIA agent' (I wish!). But then I usually take my frustration out on others who probably don't deserve it. Part of the cause that manifests in a general negative attitude for me and I imagine anyone on either 'side' is a general feeling of inadequacy in life, not a very good character trait. But then we're all only human :-)

Your very honest to admit what you do and it is so of myself - At least we recognise our reactions and are self critical and anylse our thoughts - Yes it is so true that thought patterns we recognise in ourselves can also then be seen in others - If we manage to overcome a certain pattern of thought which is detremental to us then we can be said to be expert in that thought pattern and have a chance to help others stuck in thought patterns that are detremental to them. Thought patterns are like loops that repeat even though the particular circumstane or details alter. I believe we all have the ability to step outside thought patterns that make us like robots ie others can press our buttons and get a the required reaction.
Sorry I am rambling

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
dude, its just a cloud!

haarp is for over the horizon radar and communications, NOT weather modification.

been a while scince i seen any haarp scaremongering round here ... i guess its that time of year again!

i suppose i better brace myself for the yearly influx of the galactic federation of light and there stories of light children!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Not at all, I completely agree and it's an excellent discussion. But... If we're not careful not only I but you will soon be accused of derailing the thread LOL!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join