It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in Mexico?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Would you mind pointing out to me where it indicates that "thousands have heard this sound", in that thread? A few youtube video's and some people on a conspiracy website don't really qualify to me as being thousands of people.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Just a question. Ok how would we know what "Alien" sounds like? I keep hearing people saying this, we do not have a point of reference to begin with when it comes to Alien sounds. I guess what people are saying subliminally is it sounds very George Lucas THX or something from out of a Hollywood Alien movie. To my knowledge what people assume as "Aliens" if that is what they are ... are quite silent and sneaky not known for waking up the whole city in UFO reports and part of the problem is we have been conditioned to think UFO's are occupied by extra terrestrials by mere assumption. This is also an example of pre conditioning.

Just wanted to point this out, it's speculation
edit on 16-1-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

Because people saw war of the worlds and it's similar to the sounds the tripods make in spielbergs adaptation.

This whole thing wreaks of a hoax. Almost mass hysteria, even. It's being driven by the fear drummed up in people about this 2012 nonsense and hoaxers and crackpots are using it as an opportunity to fan the flames. People are even saying it's angelic trumpets heralding the apocalypse? Give me a break. I'm pretty sure we'd ALL hear it if that were the case.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's the exact same sound from multiple vids with slight modification. The birds are the same, the sequence is the same, the timing is the same. Sorry to burst your bubble but someone is having fun trying to make viral videos. Such a phenomena would never replicate itself so perfectly from location to location.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity
It's the exact same sound from multiple vids with slight modification. The birds are the same, the sequence is the same, the timing is the same. Sorry to burst your bubble but someone is having fun trying to make viral videos. Such a phenomena would never replicate itself so perfectly from location to location.

Really...how about this one that was posted?

I don't hear any birds...but I do hear his dogs...how do you explain this one based on you post?

You can't...your logic does not apply to this one!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I don't know about that, look at all the perfect things that nature can produce in the first place, and it doesn't seem so out of reach.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I suspect this is easily provable. All a person would need to do is compare sound files from the footage and look for wave forms that are identical in a program like audacity (which is free) or adobe audition to put this to rest. The Conklin Alberta youtube video even has the sound of birds chirping and children playing at the beginning of the video (which is identical to the kiev video).

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Godzilla lives.
Sounds just like those sounds from Kiev. www.youtube.com... ..
which some said were from a nearby underground station that was being constructed and other said something as simple as this www.youtube.com... being echoed. Others said viral marketing or just a hoax.

Well, with those other videos linked with the exact same sound and timing... I'm starting to think that yea it's just someone messing with us/or doing viral marketing editing that audio in different videos...

Who knows. Even if it's not a hoax/viral campaign it could just be construction or something like that, though it is kinda scary sounding and I'd be unnerved if I heard it outside my window. Shrug though, we'll probably never find out if someone is having a laugh at us or not but I have a nagging suspicion someone is laughing right now on 4chan or somethingawful or some place like that.
edit on 16-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
double post somehow :/
edit on 16-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

if it was some giant marketing stunt, dont you think it would be in the news by now? why is no one saying anything??

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by aboltz11

That same argument could be used to argue that there was no noise at all. If it was real, why is no outlet reporting on it, let alone the people in the video are not reacting to it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
are these determined to be fake yet?

edit on 16-1-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Uh what? I've seen many viral marketing campaigns that are never on the news.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo

That same argument could be used to argue that there was no noise at all. If it was real, why is no outlet reporting on it, let alone the people in the video are not reacting to it.

Great point.

I was thinking the same thing and then you and another ATS member posted it back to back.

I guess if it were newly created YouTube accounts, I would be suspicious of a marketing campaign, but these are posted from individuals with diverse YouTube profiles.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Just a question. Ok how would we know what "Alien" sounds like? I keep hearing people saying this, we do not have a point of reference to begin with when it comes to Alien sounds. I guess what people are saying subliminally is it sounds very George Lucas THX or something from out of a Hollywood Alien movie. To my knowledge what people assume as "Aliens" if that is what they are ... are quite silent and sneaky not known for waking up the whole city in UFO reports and part of the problem is we have been conditioned to think UFO's are occupied by extra terrestrials by mere assumption. This is also an example of pre conditioning.

Just wanted to point this out, it's speculation
edit on 16-1-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

Thanks for your response but just to clarify it sounds alien to me, not human. who knows what the origin is for the sounds it could be man-made for all I know. my instincts tell a different story although, it give me the ebejeebezz

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

You do realize what video editing is right? You do realize that it's possible to edit in/out different sounds...?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Use the search function here on the site and type in Rumbling noise..their are many threads and hundreds of people reporting the sound. Maybe the word "thousands" was a bit over exuberant on my part, however if each person who reported hearing the sound was not alone..as was the case when I heard the rumble in the San Diego area..in which case 3 of us heard it loud and clear..then it most likely is in the thousands.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4
reply to post by jerryznv

You do realize what video editing is right? You do realize that it's possible to edit in/out different sounds...?

Ya I have been here awhile...I know what it is...and I do know it is possible to edit in/out sounds!

Has that happened here (you don't know...and neither do I)?

Possible yes...do I think it is probable...no!

Without analyzing it scientifically...there is no way to know!

I am surly not an expert in audio analysis...are you?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

I love how when people post on here, that we want proof of something that we suspect bogus, we're referred to search for it ourselves. Yet when we postulate something and are asked for proof we actually present that proof.

ATS is not what I consider a credible first hand media source for anything in this regard. First hand accounts by "some individuals" do not count as someone coming to me and telling me what they heard face to face, or a news outlet issuing a news report. Sorry, but that doesn't cut it.

You want me to believe the things you're saying, you prove it to me, don't ask me to prove you right, and prove myself wrong.

I'd further add, that you're making pure speculation on guessing the amount of people. Even if hundreds or thousands is accurate, that's hardly what I consider to be many by any means.
edit on 16.1.2012 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

@sonderkommando77 I would be. These sounds are real my friend. They are being studied bty the University of Iowa. Its called a Polar Plasma Wave. Its a frequency of the Magnetosphere. Its common, and has been documented Worldwide. I do not stand my ground unless I KNOW I am right. I would also stand there. What can I do in the middle of the woods.

That seems like a somewhat logical explanation that was posted on the youtube comments. Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TinyRage

The University of Iowa (where I happen to be) is conducting no such investigation. I would love to know what source this individual has to postulate such claims.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join