It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in Mexico?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by don rumsfeld

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
it's very easy to do it in fact, with camera/iPhone and iPod:

most of the videos are done similar way

jump to 1:30 if you don't believe me
edit on 17-1-2012 by donhuangenaro because: (no reason given)

Lol.
What is the sound file of?

lol, I don't know, maybe if we ask the guy who posted it on ytb?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
There is a biblical passage that might represent this sound from the sky. The King James version renders it this way.

"; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise..."
-2 Peter 3:10

The entire Greek wording of 2 Peter 3 is as follows.

Ἥξει δὲ ἡμέρα κυρίου ὡς κλέπτης ἐν ᾗ οἱ οὐρανοὶ ῥοιζηδὸν παρελεύσονται στοιχεῖα δὲ καυσούμενα λυθήσεται καὶ γῆ καὶ τὰ ἐν αὐτῇ ἔργα εὑρεθήσεται.

Here are the definitions of the two important Greek words above.

ροιζηδον adverb
rhoizedon hroyd-zay-don': whizzingly, i.e. with a crash -- with a great noise.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
παρελευσονται verb - future middle deponent indicative - third person
parerchomai par-er'-khom-ahee: to come near or aside, i.e. to approach (arrive), go by (or away), (figuratively) perish or neglect, (causative) avert -- come (forth), go, pass (away, by, over), past, transgress.

scripturetext.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SergeantTrammelant
In my humble opinion, a viral marketing campagn for the upcoming movie 'Battleship' is a viable candidate.

The sounds 'heard' all around the world reminded me of the sound effects used in the trailers of Battleship, especially trailer #2.

Allthough the whole style matches in my opinion, pay special attention to the 1:15 mark, where the metallic ship/life form activates some sort of defense shield. This sounds pretty similar to what is heard in these youtube video's.

In terms of marketing it is perfect. Make the whole world wonder what the hell this sound is, and shortly before the movie is launched in cinemas, create a (amature-like) youtube video explaining the sounds with the rise of one of these machines out of the ocean somewhere. Leave the whole world amazed and wanting to see this movie.

Of course, this all is just speculation. Just trying to keep it real.

I believe that the sounds are genuine. In fact last summer I heard the steel-wobbling sound, along with cannon blasts and some rays of light that coincided with the blasts. It was at night, and the sky was partly cloudy. The light beams came out from behind the clouds. It only lasted 30 seconds or so, but it was enough for me.

This is how these kinds of things play out: someone, somewhere will pop up and say: "yes, it was us!".... the same way that a couple of guys with planks did with crop-circle phenomenom. Maybe it will be a movie producer- and he will be shrewd and make good $$ off of it at the same time......and the whole world will take comfort in the lie and believe them. And the beat goes on.... literally.
edit on 18/1/2012 by MarkJS because: added details of the experience

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I have to admitt I have heard some strange sounds here in Chesterfield, UK. I think it was August last year when the dog woke me up around 3AM. Went down stairs to let him out and there was what I can only describe has a groaning sound all around. It was a very low deep sound and I couldn't pin point where it was coming from. The wind was calm and there was no other noises. Like the video's it paused and repeated, very strange and quite erie. Went back up stairs and opened the window to let the wife have a listen but the noise had gone.
edit on 18/1/12 by The Asgard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
It sounds like something that broke out of it's chains after 10,000+ years and is really pissed

I eagerly await the Call of Cthulu.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I don't have an explanation for most of those, except for the Budapest Hungary sound. That is definitely an electrical arc. Possible sources would include a large tesla coil in operation, an electrical substation arcing, or something of that nature.

One of the sounds is not of the same character as the others, and I think it is just a vehicle, probably a plane.

But all the others are just plain spooky. I'd have to hear a similar sound myself or see it reported by a reliable news outlet to be convinced it wasn't a hoax though.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This is a blatant hoax, allow me to explain;

There are members here living in the supposedly affected areas yet there are not mass amounts of people claiming to have actually heard the sounds.
None of the videos show humans reacting to the sounds which is rather odd in itself, show me a busy street stopping to look around for the sounds, there is no plausible way that all those separate videos omit human reaction unless the scenarios are contrived. The mexico video even looks like a B-movie...
Interrogating google brings up only links to sites such as this one and other "conspiracy" sites. These sounds, loud as they are would have been heard by millions of people and yet twitter is quiet as are the rest of the social media sites.
The sound quality in some of the videos is very poor yet the quality of the strange sounds is somewhat clearer suggesting in being put on afterwards in the editing process.

So, unless someone can explain how this remarkable event can come to pass with no response from twitter, facebook, blogs etc on a massive scale then I think we need go no further and can consider this laid to rest. You can say what you want about censorship and yada yada, just google "ryan giggs" to see you can't censor twitter and the masses.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Honestly after watching many of these "sound" videos I'm leaning towards it being fake, but I'm not sure of course. Many of the videos just sound like a track has been added to the video and many of them sound extremely similar to one another down to the background noise. Also weird that most of the videos have a similar title (Strange Sounds in ____ 2012) which makes it seem like the posters have watched previous videos of this sound phenomenon before posting their own or are intentionally making them all easy to search for. I have friends in different areas of Alberta (where one of the videos were shot) and no one heard any sounds. Seems to be the new "planking" or perhaps as others have suggested a viral marketing ploy. However my mind is still open. I do believe the humming sound phenomena that has been happening everywhere is genuine though and that is a very suspicious phenomena indeed.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
since nobody replied ... i think is better to remind again:

" This is complete nonsense... people believe anything nowadays...

90% of the videos are recorded near a house (with a suitable and handy audio player or hi-fi) there is no movement of the people that are recording it... because they can't get away from the point of emission of the sound... how convenient!? I would love to see a footage of someone simple walking by at least half a mile recording these sound’s … (they can’t)

Adding up, we cannot see clearly the surroundings .... why is that …. Are they with trouble on focusing in same unsteady movement.. of course not!!!

Plus... these kind of sounds had to have local media (and I say local as... small radio stations, local newspaper, reports at police or fire departments, civil protection etc etc …)

Like the anonymous group .. these guys (with the fake sounds) are trying to create fear to people, with this nonsense....

use your brains... "

The question we all should ask is : Why there are people manufacturing this joke/hoax! That’s the real conspiracy theory in demand here!

edit on 18-1-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

nobody replied and thus your conclusion was "I want some of this attention pie" so you posted the same thing again! excellent logic there. your post reads as uninformed and assumptive of conclusions....

do you have any evidence to support your theories?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TreehouseIndustries

men i dont want any attention, like you want.

Proves (?) read my post again... it isn't me that lack's out of proves... it's totaly the opposite !

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

oh we're going to play the "nuh uh, your it not me" game, thats one of my favourites

you havent provided evidence, you have given opinion..... the sounds on these videos are omni-directional (or at least appear to be, otherwise the camera would be trained on a specific point in an attempt to isolate the sounds, not wandering all over the place) and thus we can conclude 1 of 3 outcomes,

1: the sound is coming from a source directly above the recorder ( are you implying they have speakers suspended above the cameras)

2: the sounds were added in post (plausible and probably the case with a few unfortunate copycats but unlikely in all cases based on reactions of people and animals)

3: the sound is received in such a way that makes it very hard/impossible to conclude where its coming from (e.g - a supressor on a rifle or pistol distorts the sound in such a way that makes it harder to pinpoint the origin of the sound. i know its much more complicated than that but its 1:43am and the dynamics of gaseous expansion take a long time to type)

based on the impracticality of option 1 I think we can rule out the "they had speakers" argument which leaves us in a toss up between 2 and 3, and frankly thats as far as we can realistically take it without getting firsthand "verifiable" footage from ATS posters, whilst 3 is more fun to investigate there is the strong possibility that 2 is being utilised for many of the vids being posted, strange what people will do to get attention (a bit like re-posting your poorly thought out "theory" when nobody bothers to reply to you. funny old world)

edit on 18/1/2012 by TreehouseIndustries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Holy Cow! I've seen these 'strange sounds' threads around for a while and so I finally checked in on one. WOW. That's freak'n strange. I'm going to have to look at this more. And I like what the previous poster said - the bible quote - 2 Peter 3:10 "... the heavens shall pass away with great noise". Now I'm wondering about 2012. I thought it was all going to be nothing ... I might have to rethink that ....

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TreehouseIndustries

yeah ... games.. right!!!

men ... maybe you are on of those that wants to gain something with this nonsense sounds... really !! to believe in this, we need much more evidences than those ....

my opinion for now is done, until further developments im listening

the question still remains: Why there are people manufacturing this hoax!
the real conspiracy theory in demand here, is answering that one!

edit on 18-1-2012 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The first time i heard this very similiar sound, my mother called in the middle of her workday. They had the kids out in the playground, 2 towns over, and they all heard it..She asked if I heard anything at all on the police scanner, which I did not..Thats how creepy the sound was. It did not last as long as some experieced. My town is very small, and this sound was heard by myself, teachers, and students, 2 towns over. The sound people are hearing and lucky enough to record is not faked. You can't pinpoint the sound. It sounds like a horrible groaning coming from all around you. Very ominous...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Haven't seen it in awhile but it reminds me of the sounds the creatures would make in the film "The Mist".
edit on 18-1-2012 by blackreign2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
ha

I was just gonna say it sounds like the creatures in "the mist"

anyways, I think they poster above hit the nail on the head with a viral campaign for "battleship"

too similar

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Asgard

Hiya mate, I'm from Sheffield and I also heard it, in fact I recorded it. Could it have possibly been May rather than August, this is what I recorded, is it the same as what you heard ? Cheers

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I have read almost the whole thread and listened to every video and I have to say the sounds are creepy.

There are a couple of things on my mind.

First is that there are a couple of obviously fake videos. The question is where did they come from? See how or friend on this thread, created his own fake video. Perhaps that same process was repeated for a few of the videos.

Second is where is the original video? Without that we cannot determine the legitimacy of the sound itself.

The sound is creepy, but I think the creepiness stems from the context. Perhaps if we saw the original video it would allow us to determine the possible causes of the sound and seeing it in proper context may remove some of the creepiness.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is what I think it is

We're not Gonna Take It YouTube

It's the sound of everyone (or just the earth) getting fed up with everything.
Or it could just be Cthulhu.
Kind of weird someone mentioning something about a creature being released and being pissed because some of the stories I've been writing lately focus on some ancient creature being unleashed. So creepy when things work out like that.

edit on 18-1-2012 by tinfoilsrule because: Link didn't work

edit on 18-1-2012 by tinfoilsrule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join