It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in Mexico?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Inner Earth Ringing - Tibetan Monks In Spirit Cave

for those interested....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I had to join ATS so I could contribute with what little I know about sound and it´s nature (organology, acoustics, musicology, professional audio recording, proper use and application of professional microphones, live sound reinforcement, etc.). I'm an Academic Music Composer and Audio Producer, and I've had the chance to work and manipulate sounds in concrete music compositions. I particularly like to play around with the Acoustic aspect of sound in order to generate surrealist soundscapes. If I can, I must say I do have a trained ear and the professional titles to offer an educated opinion.

The acoustics of the sounds of MOST videos do not coincide with the obvious acoustics space of the location where the sounds are recorded. They seem completely out of context in acousmatic perception.
The microphone recording capabilities of the audio equipment supposedly used in the recordings (smartphone cameras, iPhone cameras, handheld video cameras and so forth) are not consistent with the audio quality and perceptual bit-rate of the suspect sounds. In other words, there´s an obvious difference in sounds quality between background noises and suspect noise.
Others are obviously a mash up of various sounds from various other videos.
I must say that those videos which do seem relevant in an acoustic spatial sense, have sounds that do not behave identically in every video. Sounds have Attack, Susatin, Decay and Release aspects that must be kept in mind. These aspects vary from sound to sound and help describe them, and their nature rationally.

I´m sorry if my reply seems rushed but I had to extend a small work break and contribute. Been checking out the strange noise videos for a few days now and hope I can keep on contributing in any way.

PD: A vital element is people's reactions to the sound. Yes, most of them look for the sound in the sky, but simple bystanders don´t seem to be affected by the strange sounds.

edit on 17-1-2012 by AbigorAVV because: redact

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GFDGFS

I thought the point of this site was to discuss and find explanations for things such as this.

Why would people want to feed a delusion of something when perfectly reasonable explanations are available. I mean it is not like I am trying to say every UFO video is swamp gas, or that every video of this strange sound phenomena is fake, but when it is something that is so simple to hoax, it should be held to some tight scrutiny.

I am not the only person that came forward and noticed the sound problems with these videos. Different sound engineers have mentioned problems with the audio and the equipment used. A person on reddit pretty much explained the discrepancies with every video and none of it is off the wall, someone trying to hide things with crazy explanations. They all were tested and the person came back with solid observations.

And the post above me... spot on.

edit on 17-1-2012 by m80kamikaze because: added to explanation

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AbigorAVV

Sounds reasonable.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So what you are saying if I have understood you correctly is that a lot of these videos are fake, but you cannot say what the noise actually is?
Please be gentle I have no idea about the technicalities of sound recordings.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

very interesting, I can hear the resemblance, they do sound similar, regarding the mexican video in the OP, I actually know people in Nayarit, the city where the noise was heard, Ill ask around and see if someone out there really heard something!

Anyways, something is going up! as I mentioned in another thread, please people, get your cameras ready!
the answer will come from us, not the MSM, we will have to get to the bottom of this, its getting out of hand with the fakes and the real ones buried under a ton of crap!

One does not have to be a rocket surgeon to understand that somethings are changing, that the environment is crumbling beneath our feet , and that our bodies understand and feel different...

Time will tell, never let your guard down, being prepared does not mean hoarding food, but getting ready to make difficult choices when the time comes.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

So, if 'most' don't match the surroundings for the reason you've given, are you able to give an opinion on the ones that do?

What I'm trying to get at is, are the hoaxes there, perhaps to discredit the real ones - or are there no real ones?

edit on 17-1-2012 by Toffeeapple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by m80kamikaze
reply to post by GFDGFS

I thought the point of this site was to discuss and find explanations for things such as this.

Yes, indeed. But the fact that you can fake or re-create these sounds does not change the fact the sounds are real, not all of them, we get it, but a lot of them are real too. I heard them before, now, I am not saying they are ufos, angels, etc....But they were real and nobody could explain what those sounds were.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I understand you point, I have been working in the entertainment biz for a while now, and also have some training, I too hear some repeating patterns in some of the videos, some of course are fakes, with the sound being inserted, some have been recorded in mono while the rumbling sound comes out in stereo, but as always, its the exception not the rule what interests me, not all sound alike, unfortunately, some of the videos are being recorded with telephones and we know the limitations of said devices.

On the other hand if the vibration "overwhelms" the input device artifacts pop up, determining that is the real challenge, this is most unusual, something is up either way.

cheers!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

The noise is the simple part. You can create the same sounds with Audacity, Reason, Pro Tools, Cubase, Fruity loops or any decent synthesizer. You can do it all electronically, or you can field record natural sounds and mess with the audio settings. For the hoax video I made, it was all done electronically.

edit on 17-1-2012 by m80kamikaze because: sp error

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
Inner Earth Ringing - Tibetan Monks In Spirit Cave

for those interested....

Fake. It's the Voyager recordings of Jupiter.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I went to the HAARP website and found some interesting spikes in several of the graphs from Jan 10, 2012 which is one of the dates that some noises were reported in a video I watched.

and finally a one month graph....

I clearly see spikes in the first four graphs, at the same time.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Yes, unfortunately most of them are obviously fake. The spatial acoustics define how a sound behaves. Like how different a sound behaves in a bathroom or in a concert hall. There are differences in reverberation times which refer to how sound bounces off surfaces.
A professional organologist could pinpoint the exact nature of the suspect sound. From what I know and have experimented with when writing music with extended techniques is that the sound resembles Sheets of metal being scraped with a cello bow. Of course, the magnitude of the sounds in relevant videos has an amplitude beyond what can be achieved with a simple sheet of metal and a bow. The volume is amazingly high. But it definitely does seem to have an origin in some sort of metal surface. But for a sound as big as those recorded to be possible, these sheets would have to be HUGE in order to produce such an overwhelming volume to be heard in the atmosphere. Clouds, atmospheric pressure and temperature all affect the way sound travels and behaves.

Other videos have clear musical intervals sounding simultaneously as one of the previous posts on this forum states. These intervals clearly form chords, but in context, don´t have any clear musical meaning. Our musical language is composed of cadences, pauses, and points of harmonic tension and distension. These sounds are completely "static" and they do seem to come from everywhere around.

It´d be crazy if it where some sort of viral campaign, but it does seem relevant due to the huge inconsistency in normal sound behavior. I doubt advertising companies would be so precise in mimicking real world sound acoustic behavior.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I posted in another thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

The following in response to a video & reply to post by constant_thought

I agree I think this is a hoax/viral campaign, most of the videos shown here have in my opinion had the sound sequence's cut from the original kiev video soundtrack, I listened to all of the short films in this video.

1, The track is the same as the last video no 10 except the sound track is shorter and listen for the baby's cry.

2, The sound has been altered and the pitch has been changed also more reverb and bass has been added as if someone is running this through a sound mixer- kaos pad possibly.

3 Again sounds like the rest of the kiev video - why would workers look up at the sky looking for a sound coming from underground and why the voices of kids in the middle of the forest with the same voices and sounds of cars going by as in the kiev video, again the sound changed as the bass had been taken out of the sound track and the mid range had been turned down and more high end added.

4 Same sound track, again the sound has changed.

5 Fake - same sound.

6 Fake - sound has changed again.

7 Fake.

8 Fake same sound as kiev video but shorter sound sequence.

9 Fake same sound as kiev .

10 Kiev video, Listen all the way through and stitch all the other sound tracks together, does anyone have sony soundforge or a similair sound product where the tracks can be analysed and the effects removed so the sound tracks can be returned to thier original composition and then stitched together so they can be compared to the kiev sound track.

In my professional opinion someone is having a right old laugh with this and adding parts of the kiev track to random videos and then altering the sound.

How do I explain a video where you can hear snow and frost crunching under someones feet in time with them walking?.

Easy - because that's what is happening and an extra track has been added on top to dramatise it, anyone who has worked with sound knows this is easily done and you can mix in and add multiple tracks to create a layer of different sounds.

Source - Me and my Ears - Ex International DJ.

I dont think the original sound track is fake however I will question the source as I have heard this same sound coming from an underground sewer system or similiar where a stream has been diverted through concrete pipes and I think the more water running underground against some kind of a metal sluice gate grating against concerete is enough to cause the same level of vibration and then reverbration through yards or miles of concrete pipe, ie the more it vibrates and the longer the system then the more reverbration the further it carries, and with a source for the sound to escape ie man hole cover's then you will hear it in different locations close by.

Can someone analyse the audio please and strip out the filters so it matches the original track from kiev?.

Just putting it out there as someone is taking us all for a ride.

Just on a footnote, in the original kiev video there are lots of multi storey flats as there are behind my mothers house, presumably they have lift shafts with metal lifts in them?.

Sound does carry quite a distance especially through hollow tubes, (sic).

The video is on page one, I have included a linky.

1/16/2012 -- 'Strange sounds' heard WORLDWIDE -- what is it?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed how amazingly similar these sounds are to the noises the tripods make in Spielberg's War Of The Worlds? Check it out.

Could this be a viral campaign for WOTW 2?
edit on 17-1-2012 by Troofseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jiggyfly

I have not refuted any of my points made here. The inability for persons to supply credible news sources safe for two small snippets of blog posts made by third party newspapers is a far cry from a source with a history of having credible information.

Even if you were to sit there, and TELL ME that points 1-3 were addressed, that leaves 4 and 5, which I would find rather peculiar moreso than 1-3. So you've just chosen to ignore the later facts, yes facts, and twist my posts to suit your own personal thoughts, bravo. You get a B for attempting to skew my words.

People are always so damn quick to make fast judgements that something which is extremely far out there to be real, and then when someone comes in and says "that sounds like a copy and paste", or "this is a hoax, and here are some fundamentals why", or even just a simple "this seems fake, here are things observed about it which makes things not add up about it", the end result for most people here on ATS is basically, you have no proof of these fundamentals, or observations, or of a true copy and paste.

Boy what do I know? I'm the close minded, realistic, disinformation agent, and everyone else on here is a damn know it all expert on every topic.
edit on 17.1.2012 by Shugo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
most of the vids are coming from a member called 2011message.. I also noticed sheilaalien has a few on her site..As ATS members know sheilaalien is a known hoaxer ..Im betting 2011message is as well judging by all his UFO vids..The only thing that bugs me is there are lots of other YouTube members with diff vids with same noise back ground and no other UFO/end of the world type videos in their profiles..the Canadian one is strange, as his dog starts howling in his back yard when the strange sounds start...has anyone on ATS actually heard these noises?? I've spoke to my friends in Sweden and Canada on Skype and its the 1st they have heard of it ..could it be a viral where everyone is just recording the noise from the internet and editing it to there own videos??..like a chain letter... questions questions

guy in back-yard with howling dog www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
These sound like groans.

The sound is exactly like the Kiev youtube video.

If you listen carefully the groan has a double tone to it.

To me it sounds like the groan of a submarine under pressure in a deep sea dive. I'm trying to find some you tubes that sound like that from some movies.

What if it's a cloaked UFO made out of some metal that is groaning under the Earth's pressure?

Now, being the man of logic and reason I am not the one to believe in flying saucers or ET aliens(w/o hardcore in my face PROOF), but I am a man of reason and logic. Your suggestion of pressure against the hull of a ship certainly fits the bill on this one.

Now, taking your theory... IF that were true then the size of the spacecraft in question would have to be ENORMOUSLY GIGANTIC! We are talking CONTINENTAL IN SIZE!

This is in my book classified as a veritable VERITABLE CLASS A F#@k'in HEAD SCRATCHER!

Very strange and extremely interesting indeed!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It's very strange to hear the same sound in different parts of the world. I hope everything will be sorted out as soon as possible. I'm in Romania but I didn't heard anything like this happen here. Maybe these sounds are man made, by the government, to scare us. Have faith in yourselves people and be strong.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I found this video to be pretty interesting. As a DJ and music producer, I am very familiar with how audio can be digitally created. However, I don't believe that is the case in this video.

Here is some of the graphic information from the HAARP website from Jan 12, 2012.

HAARP Fluxgate Magnetometer 01-12-12

HAARP VHF Riometer 01-12-12

edit on 17-1-2012 by DJDigitalGem because: added informational graphs

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join