It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds in Mexico?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I was just taking a look at some of the posters of the vids. some of them seem legit, but some dont seem to well made. One poster of the vid in Cananda joined this past Jan 5th. I wonder..viral..could be. Just have to get more people helping with the dig.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Some one on another website debating what this sound could be mentioned this :

pisflipper | January 15, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Reply I was just looking at orion celestrial system on a web sight because i have noticed one of orions stars has been the color red lately . What i found was quite interresting the Betelgeuse gets to large it explodes well it is right now thats why its red . With that comes the wave form from the explosions it says the wave should not be strong enough to hurt the earth but where the wave hits the atomsphere first would be the strongest point and then fan out like hitting a bell . I thought maybe thats the sound we are hearing as each individual wave ripple hits the earths atomsphere . Thus makes sound around earth like a bell with sound varitions and different times of the day. What Do You Think !!!

I find this very plausible,could that be happening?

Or did the Titanic just arrived...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DrakeDarc

I really laugh everytime someone uses the term "TPTB", assuming you mean Powers that Be, properly known as the United States Government, which doesn't span outside of the United States. Government has a hand in media, but I just laugh when they say that is all it is.

These are very short articles, but I will give you props for presenting two potentially credible resources.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Was there any signs that Beetlegues (sp?) was getting ready to pop. Last I heard it was fine. But then again, what do we really know about stars besides guesses and math?

Seems pretty logical..where's Phage? lol.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

if one of the stars in the orion constellation would become a "red giant", wouldn't it take a long time for us to see it?
sins the light from the star takes lightyears to reach Earth.
I know that sound can't travel trough the vacuum of space but not sure about shock waves.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DrakeDarc

Well I'll hope that this is just another natural phenomenon , and not some apocalyptic sound in the broader aspect of the sentence, because it sounds very freaking to me.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Am i the only one who isn't scared by these sounds? I actually find them calming...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
i think their fake, just like that old video of noises that went around of "voices/screems from hell" supposedly... And whats with all the titles being the same, and the info referring to some mayan 2012 bs..... If it wasnt for youtube some of this wacky sh*t might be believable, but people take it too far, some things are better kept inside your head, unless your Ridley Scott

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have no clue what it could be, I have heard the "ordinary" mysterious hum but this is LOUD
maybe this could be one explanation,, when the Arctic Ices are melting they produce a weird sound maybe the bass sound waves from that make the Earth rumble. what do you guys and gals think?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
It seems like a large portion of the original YouTube users posting these (these latest shrieking/metallic warping/whatever it is sounds) joined no earlier than November 2011. They do however all seem to have videos other than noise footage. A couple of them do disproportionately have strange sky phenomena as their videos, but that appears to be their area of interest and most are not noise videos except for one user. They all seem to have joined on different dates. I'm going strictly by those I could find that seem to be the earliest uploads (all in early January 2012 so far) and who gave some account of having witnessed them first hand in their video descriptions. To verify this, click on the YouTube video posted above compiling all of the instances so far, and then search for the individual parts of that video, sort by upload date, and go to the last page available. It will take some sifting, but you will eventually find the original uploaders.

So while I'm of course very skeptical and open to the possibility of viral marketing, the marketers would have had to have all joined at different dates, created or just uploaded other unrelated footage first, and then uploaded the noise videos. So if these are fake I'm leaning more towards copy-cat bandwagon hoaxers than viral marketing personally. That's far from conclusive, of course. Viral marketing always gets more and more sophisticated so anything is possible at this point.

We need better evidence. The only way to determine anything conclusively about this is for people hearing it (if indeed it is real and not a hoax or series of hoaxes) to make higher quality recordings, particularly audio recordings, and for those people to be of higher credibility and rigor than we can safely assume unknown YouTube posters are at this point. So to any long-time ATS members whose posting history indicates skepticism and/or just credibility and honesty on a consistent basis: if you hear this phenomenon, record it somehow and report on it as thoroughly as possible. And to any audio, meteorological, or geological professionals with provable credentials: if you hear this phenomenon, record it somehow and report on it as thoroughly as possible.

Failing that, it's an extremely compelling and fascinating subject, but one for which we can come to no positive conclusion at this time in my opinion. As it stands currently, it could be real, it could be viral marketing, or it could be a new YouTube hoax craze. We won't know until there's better evidence in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
reply to post by revs0lution

weird thing is that same sound is being heard in canada and costa rica as well, its the same noise too. Scary times ahead I fear...

weird thing that those videos are from the same user

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Seriously though, its likely the sound is a natural occurring phenomenon that's being witness or recorded for the first time. Humans are stupid, and we have a history of making sense of the world through unproven means. Lets just hope its the sound the earth makes when the burried dead has reached capacity, thus reviving them with an appatite for the living.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
French article

Another interesting article that compiled a number of videos, though it's in french. I have google chrome and it did a less than fair of job translating, but that's okay. One of the vids included in the article is one I posted a page back; it's around 15 minutes long and is a stream of compiled vids.

If you want to see videos with people reacting, this French article has some, particularly the last video where the camera man acknowledges the sound.
edit on 17-1-2012 by elg3cko because: added more detail to a sentence

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I been reading the comments and I must say alot of the comments fit in well with biblical refrences

"God will use the 7 trumpets to wake up people in the world to spiritual realities. Each trumpet will be a devastating, supernatural event designed to get the attention of every person on earth. The trumpets contain the wrath of God, but His wrath is mixed with mercy. There is still time for people to worship God, repent of their sins and receive salvation."

Course I myself don't believe in god, but could possibly be the government, or aliens following the bible.

As for if these are fake because no news source is saying anything about them... Since when has the news ever talked about strange things like noises occuring, or alien sightings. Honestly the only news stations that have done this is maybe fox, and every once and a while a really big news station will say "lights in the sky, UFOs possibly?" Still very very rare. Yes the news does try to strike fear in us, but they would rather do that with talking bout war. Anyways, i'll continue to read what people have to say, but I seriously have doubts that this is fake. Something is happening, thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
Some one on another website debating what this sound could be mentioned this :

pisflipper | January 15, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Reply I was just looking at orion celestrial system on a web sight because i have noticed one of orions stars has been the color red lately . What i found was quite interresting the Betelgeuse gets to large it explodes well it is right now thats why its red . With that comes the wave form from the explosions it says the wave should not be strong enough to hurt the earth but where the wave hits the atomsphere first would be the strongest point and then fan out like hitting a bell . I thought maybe thats the sound we are hearing as each individual wave ripple hits the earths atomsphere . Thus makes sound around earth like a bell with sound varitions and different times of the day. What Do You Think !!!

I find this very plausible,could that be happening?

Or did the Titanic just arrived...

If this is the case...which it could be i suppose... would this ringing effect not be more widespread? Why would it be focused on areas no larger than a few hundred km's?

edit on 17/1/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
Seriously though, its likely the sound is a natural occurring phenomenon that's being witness or recorded for the first time. Humans are stupid, and we have a history of making sense of the world through unproven means. Lets just hope its the sound the earth makes when the burried dead has reached capacity, thus reviving them with an appatite for the living.

Would be worth researching

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Same exact sound from this video www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'm trying to stay as close to reality as I can here and this sounds like the earth's noise. If this is what it sounds like in space, I'm pretty sure it won't sound too friendly to us.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Sorry, embedding never works for me :/
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: Embedding doesn't work for me

edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: Added new link

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

This is what i think is causing all the noises. Just my opinion because along with these noises we have had some very weird weather...Like thunderstorms in January in eastern ky. instead of snow storms Peace

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Just to get the sceptical points out of the way:
I didn't need to run anything through any software to distinguish that these sounds (to me as a humble musician and sound engineer, at least) appear "human" saying "AAAHH" through a few FX and reverbs.
Sounding, I might add very similar to that as has already been mentioned in Cloverfield as well as I think more similarly to that in Kevin Smith's Red State.
All that aside, I love these clips and they sure give me the willies and what the hell do I know?

Rock n Roll! Bring it on! Cthulhu's back, man!!!

I'll be following this story until some resolution...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join