It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale and dolphin interact: looks like they having fun! pics!!

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
youtu.be...

Bottlenose dolphins and humpback whales seems to play with each other around the islands of Hawaii.
Some really nice pics are taken with a dolphing riding the head of the whale

Love it! Looks to me this is just nothing else then having fun time in the big blue ocean.
Although I have seen dolphins playing with bubbles or small items, never saw this before.
Enjoy!

Source: BIO NEWS, science bulletins, American museum of natural history by AMN Horg

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Awesome! They look like they're having a blast. Thanks OP. I embedded it for those who can't check out the link.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
They seem to be good friends -
nothing like playing in the
beautiful ocean. Amazing!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Too cool.

Ya brought the first smile of the day to me.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is awesome!

I love dolphins! They are such gentle sea animals.

Looks like they are having a great time

Thanks for sharing this, it made me smile and I needed that

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Unlike many humans the animals of this world are awsome.

Excelent post.

It just occured to me to wonder if the dolphins are covering the whales blow holes? if so this behaviour might not be play, but I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Just shows the intelligence of Gods fish in his giant fishbowl.

To cool. I have had many experiences with dolphins in the wild here at home and I wouldn't doubt it if they knew mans whole history as they have larger brains than we do. They can even tell when they are looking in a mirror or watching a recording of themselves. They do all kinds of silly crap in front of a mirror and when they have a recording playing on a TV of themselves (In a large see through aquarium that is) they just stay still and watch.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Unlike many humans the animals of this world are awsome.

It just occured to me to wonder if the dolphins are covering the whales blow holes? if so this behaviour might not be play, but I hope I'm wrong.

If the dolphin were trying to do that the whale would not be moving so slow and would probably kill the little guy by grabbing hold of him, dragging him down deeper than he could go or slap him senseless with his tail. Besides they are cousins so that don't even make sense.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have seen a momma Dolphin playing with her baby under my boat blowing these bubbles so the little one had something to play with. That made my day to say the least. Just like this but she blew a massive one that made a huge rushing sound when it hit the surface.

www.youtube.com...

It was almost as big as the one at 2:00 into this video

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-1-2012 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I saw a whale and a dolphin interact with my own eyes once.

It was a pod of Orcas and a Short-Beaked Common Dolphin.

And the interaction was the Orcas flipping the dolphin in the air before they ate it.

DC

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
"Thanks for the lift, bro."

"No problem bro, high five! er, high fin!"

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is so cool. Love it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Amazing!
This shows the beauty of animals in our world.
If only different races of humans could get along this well...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I guess I am the pessimist here. Dolphins have been known to attack whales and even great white sharks. my first thought was that this was an attack not play. Unless an animal has been raised with another species from the time it was young, animals rarely get along with other species.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I must say that is pretty amazing :-) cheers OP

Jay

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What....you've never played with your food before ;-)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
"No one could understand Lillian and Karls unyielding love for one another and it would never be accepted by either of their pods, so the star struck lovers would meet in secret as often as they could... "

What?...

Personally ive read about quite a few accounts like this in many types of animals, and even between human and wild animals (even to the capacity of wild animals seeking out humans for medical treatment). It probably happens alot more than we realize, its just our human ideal of looking at things that makes us either ignore it brush it under the carpet as out of the norm.

top topics

join