It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight South Carolina Presidential debate 9pm EST - join me to discuss it live.

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WhereAreTheGoodguys

OutKast
The boo's came during questions about War and what not. If you are still around I'd like to ask you what is your personal stance on War in general and then the War on Terror ... and if you have time the NDAA ?

I'm not for war...which is why I'm not a Republican. I agree with Ron Paul on his foreign policy...it's his domestic policy that I think is crazy.

Ron Paul getting boo'd for his anti-war stance at a Republican debate should be expected...but for some reason Ron Paul supporters think that since Ron Paul said it, the Republican base should throw out their foreign policy platform and bow down to him.

I've said it so many times now...Ron Paul has a duplicity issue. Conservatives like his domestic policy and hate his foreign policy, Liberals like his foreign policy and hate his domestic issues.

There is a very small minority that actually agree with both...that is his passionate base (10-15%). The rest of the votes he gets are Conservatives that are willing to sacrafice their beliefs in foreign policy to support his domestic policy or Liberals that are willing to sacrafice their beliefs in their domestic policies to support his foreign policy...this is another 5% or so.

This is why Ron Paul won't ever be elected.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Good insight. You put in words what a lot of us have been thinking.

link   

Thanks for taking the time to answer the question. I have a little bit better of a understanding of where you are comming from.

Gave ya a star.

Thanks.

link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I dont buy into the Bin Laden raid, and think something else problably happened to him in the past, but I highly doubt the majority of voters in SC have gone out to look this stuff up. Just look at the audience reaction when Paul spoke about Bin Laden. Alot of the audience believes the Bin Laden raid.
edit on 16-1-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

What did you Exspect from Sheep ? ........Baa.........

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

" Ron Paul is an isolationist ". ..................That was fine when we had nothing but ships with sails on them. Now we have modes of transportation that places our enemies just hours away. Nuclear submarines can harm is within minutes. The danger is there and it is real.

Another Misconception . His views on Foreign Policy are Defined as being a Noninterventionalist , a Big Diffrence from Isolationist Sir !

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

" The Debate was TELEVISED , How Many People in T.V. Land do you Think Booed Ron Paul ? My Guess , NONE . "

Ah , Correction , One . You ? ............

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

As to national defense, would you please explain the difference?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
I know not who won but I know who lost...

The audience.

Christians cheering for WAR. Shame on you! The Christians of SC are a shameful example of disdain for my Lord Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace.

I want you to know that I backtracked several pages just to give you a star. Well said.

The jewish people are allowing the Israeli government to lead us into World War III and the so called Christian-right are going to demand it. It seems to me that I remember some things in there like "suffer not the little children" (depleted uranium munitions in Iraq) and the Golden Rule. I suspect that a great many people that call themselves Christian are going to be shocked to find that He is not amused at what has been done in His name with *their* consent.

Seriously. We have enough *conventional* munitions to glass Iran 2x over. Iran attacks, we respond. Anything else is murder. I remember Jesus talking about that, too.

BTW that Ron Paul/Jesus pic is hilarious and disturbing all at the same time. It would be funnier if it wasn't so shockingly accurate.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I share the same thoughts many of you do in regards to the audience's reaction at the mention of going abroad and killing. It was not a good night for Paul, though he was shown strong support from their lil twitter meter throughout.

Also heard the boos at his introduction and that was a bit surprising, here we have a guy that wants to save this country, and at the very mention of peace he gets boo'd again. From then on it was pretty hard to watch. He was anything but calm and collected, he carried a long face through the whole debate, I don't blame him... Romney was quick to pick up on the detected bloodlust from the audience, and adjust accordingly.

One thing I took away from watching this debate is that whatever blowback or repercussions (Pearl Harbor 2.0) is coming to this country, judging by that audience's reactions, it will be well earned. Those clowns had to be reminded by Paul there is a difference between the Taliban and Al Qaeda, but what the heck. A terrorist is a terrorist, right? Let's go kill 'em all!

But really... Newt did pretty well, I thought, and Perry also brought a good game, but they are taking advantage of our short attention span - How quickly America has forgotten what preemptive strikes based on what-ifs leads to.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'd like to see a spotlight shown on Newt for letting Robert Murdock buy him for 4.5 million before he took office as speaker of the house. The um... 'book deal' that happened before there was a book.

I wonder if Ron Paul supporters were somehow kept out of the debate audience?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I'm usually irritated by your post, but this one in particular is good. Well thought out & true in most aspects.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I don't like that your stance is anti Paul, but I appreciate that of all of those around here that voice their opinion against him, you seem to do it with more substance than most... Just wanted to put that out there.

He does have a small (but growing, and always passionate) base of supporters, many of them - like I - are military who has been over there outside the wire seeking these so-called terrorists. More and more, a growing percentage of us realize how our top leadership has duped us since 2001, and this is what has lead me personally, and others to value his stance on foreign policy. His domestic ideas might seem radical in some ways... But people are always crying out for change, aren't they? Change we can believe in?
At the rate we're going, it's more like change we are in dire need of some would argue.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Where do you get the Idea that Ron Paul is an Isolationalist concerning National Defense ? You need to do a little research on the Mans Policies concerning that other than asking someone else to " Spoon Feed " you the Information Sir ! I hear the internet is a Good Place as Any to Start............

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I love how at the end when they showed the online twitter poll results and totally ignored that Ron Paul towered over everyone in every area, but when another candidate had slightly good numbers they made it a big deal. Fox News you can suck it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by plzdunbandis1
I love how at the end when they showed the online twitter poll results and totally ignored that Ron Paul towered over everyone in every area, but when another candidate had slightly good numbers they made it a big deal. Fox News you can suck it.

Every Time they do that , an Undecided Voter takes a Closer Look at Ron Paul . Thank You FOX ! .....Dumbasses .....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
My goodness, arent those South Carolinans a bunch of War Mongers.

Makes me sick ......

humanity has no hope with people such as those in tonights crowd and 4 of those on the stage

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by WhereAreTheGoodguys

OutKast
The boo's came during questions about War and what not. If you are still around I'd like to ask you what is your personal stance on War in general and then the War on Terror ... and if you have time the NDAA ?

I'm not for war...which is why I'm not a Republican. I agree with Ron Paul on his foreign policy...it's his domestic policy that I think is crazy.

Ron Paul getting boo'd for his anti-war stance at a Republican debate should be expected...but for some reason Ron Paul supporters think that since Ron Paul said it, the Republican base should throw out their foreign policy platform and bow down to him.

I've said it so many times now...Ron Paul has a duplicity issue. Conservatives like his domestic policy and hate his foreign policy, Liberals like his foreign policy and hate his domestic issues.

There is a very small minority that actually agree with both...that is his passionate base (10-15%). The rest of the votes he gets are Conservatives that are willing to sacrafice their beliefs in foreign policy to support his domestic policy or Liberals that are willing to sacrafice their beliefs in their domestic policies to support his foreign policy...this is another 5% or so.

This is why Ron Paul won't ever be elected.

What exactly about his domestic policy do you not agree with? Ron Paul getting boo'd for his anti-war stance at a Republican debate should be expected? The country is broke, flat broke, no jobs, the people don't want another war. Are we not electing someone who's the best leader for the future of this country? Ron Paul has duplicity issues? The man has voted the pretty much the same way the whole time he has served in congress. All the other candidates have more duplicity problems then him, including the one sitting in the Oval Chair. This has more to do with unfair coverage, lack of debate time, constant MSM comments stating that Ron Paul is unelectable. Perhaps even some funny business at the polls, i mean there have been no recent examples in our modern history where our election process could be tainted in anyway, right? If Ron Paul was treated the same as Romney has been treated, this race would be no question. But it won't matter to you because your on every single Ron Paul thread stating how the man, "Won't ever be elected."

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
how much do you want to bed they had paid supporters there to cheer for war and boo RP. what idiot in his right mind cheers for war?? i mean seriously you would have to be a brain dead sociopath to want to go and kill people.

Serious Americans listen up. everyday is a slap in your face as they laugh at your flaccidity and impotence. They laugh at you because they know you dont have the balls to stand up them. Why else would they sham up such an obvious farce as this debate. What is it going to take for you people to wake up and start a revolution?? Obama winning another term is going to be too late. You need to act now before its too late.

Are you sure you are not describing the Democrat Party? Why would you think they have to pay people to cheer at this event? No, it's what the Democrats did to get drunks and druggies off the streets and into the voting booths. Projection is a funny thing.

And oh yes, by your logic, Ron Paul also must have paid all his supporters every time they clap and cheer at various events. His supporters have packed more of these events than anyone but Obama. Sometimes there is just no conspiracy to be had.
edit on 17-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
I am so pissed off right now. I am DISGUSTED by those who cheered war and booed Ron Paul's suggestion to follow the golden rule. What is WRONG with these people???!!! I don't want to kill people! I don't want to see thousands of soldiers dying because some moron hates Muslims, willing to kill them over SUSPICION alone!!! What is happening to this country??? Who are these people and how DARE they call themselves Christians or the followers of Christ??? Sad day folks.... sad day when peace gets booed.

Well said, star. I hope you get applause for this. There is a time for war and it is sometimes necessary, but we have a serious problem right now in the Christian community. Even if war was necessary, there is never a time where Americans should cheer for the death of others, especially "Christian" American cheers. I don't know what has happened to the Christian movement in America, but when they start denying Mathew 7:12 from the mouth of Christ himself, we really do have a serious situation in this country.

Edit: I think this concern should be expressed thoroughly to the right-wing Christian community before they get lost in this chaos for good.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Nope caught it on sat tv tonight, was a better time actually and my 16 yro and I were able to have a great one on one while watching. I love the youth's take on all of this bs, they really have a good grasp on reality, something all the candidates are lacking except one.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join