It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop beats 66 year old man with dementia for no reason

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I guess I got kicked from the thread...nothing shows up after page 4.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

It is Steroids. Lots of cops use them.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
When are the GOOD COPS going to come forward and weed the thugs, gangsters, and misfits out of their own midst? How come cops always end up defending the trash that gives all of them a bad name? All it takes for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing. I challenge LEO's who claim they are the good guys to start stepping up and do the right thing.

When an officer is finally found guilty of brutality, and other officers were standing by doing nothing, then every one of them should be charged.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I bet you would like to win a jackpot. Wouldn't you?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcdgray129

Originally posted by Magnificient
reply to post by webpirate

We don't pay our cops to hide in a car. The procedure was picture perfect.

Yeah we dont pay them to beat us too...

Classic mcdgray. Absolutely classic!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Reptius

A lot of the time you would be correct, but that cop was doing a good job, as were the cops who beat Rodney King. They got a lot of bad press, but look at the video, King would not stay down as ordered because he had too much crack in his system and probably didn't feel anything. This other black guy wouldn't stay back as ordered and he got taken down too. It's just black hype that make the cops bad and the criminal behavior of some blacks as innocent. And OJ was guilty.

You seem to be one racist what i wouldn't say.
How is the cops beating an unarmed man, that you can clearly see wasnt resisting arrest doing a good job??.
You should go get you're head checked. Anyway i have reported you for racism, so i fully expect you should be banned soon...
edit on 20-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by mcdgray129

Yeah we dont pay them to beat us too...

Classic mcdgray. Absolutely classic!!

Thanks
. And i Gave you a star for all what you wrote too as its the truth what you are saying
I think some people that are justifying this clear act of cop brutality, needs to go get their brains examined..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Pokoia

It is Steroids. Lots of cops use them.

When ever I watch tv, and there is something involving US cops on it, be it movie, documentary or news, The cops are slow, fat, eat doughnuts and want their coffee for free.
Their boss is usually a political interested egocentric fool that takes bribes.
First question, is it rally so????
Second question, if not so, why do the US export this image to the rest of the world????

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Never try to fight a copper, not unless its a revolution.

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Your Rights as a U.S. Citizen Against Unlawful Arrest ..........

“Citizens may resist Unlawful arrest to the point of taking an officer’s life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S., 529. The court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense was commited.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. If the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh V. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. 1; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260.

“Each Person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, ther person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self defense.” State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100.

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910.

“The carrying of arms in a quiet, peaceable, and orderly manner, concealed on or about the person, is not a breach of the peace. Nor does such an act of itself, lead to a breach of the peace.”
Wharton’s Criminal and Civil Procedure, 12th Ed., Vol. 2: Judy v. Lashley, 5 W. Va. 628, 41 S.E. 197.

I am sure some Police Officers in this Country are Unaware about these Court Decisions when Overstepping their Authority . People who know the Law should Remind them about it from Time to Time for the sake of their Own Safety . The Woman in this Video was Intimidated by that Police Officer because she was just Not Aware of her Rights and Cow Downed to his Intimidation of her Ignorance . She should take this matter to a Lawyer Immediately and press charges against him IMO .

ignorance denied
edit on 20-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

I bet you would like to win a jackpot. Wouldn't you?

lol, you lose bet's quite often don't you?
edit on 20-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Wow, thanks a lot, what a GREAT ATS post you found.
This was an eye-opener to me.
Now the question remains, why do so much US citizens, find it normal that the police acts as they , to often , do?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

you're welcome, though credit for the fieldwork should go to zanti misfit

your question re why people put up with it?

conditioned monkey behavior

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

That what you said, plus probably the fact that they don't know their rights were so much more.
BTW thanks for the added youtubes, they are so sad and so true.
Thanks to you!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
While this film is deplorable, and makes me really angry, I would not advise resisting even a supposed false or illegal arrest in almost any circumstances. Since there isn't audio we can't hear what was said, but the nephew possibly did have the right to intervene, however he would probably have been tazed and possibly shot.

Initially the cop should have just spoken to the man...the 66 year old. There was absolutely NO evidence I saw in the video to have been probable cause for an arrest from the start. Based on the initial 911 calls though there probably was reasonable suspicion for the cop to do a pat down search of Mr. Flowers.

But that's not what we see. We see both the cop and Mr. Flowers walking towards each other....the cop appeared to be moving faster...then the kick came. There was no obvious attempt to ascertain anything from the suspect or the bystanders from what we can tell as to just what exactly had gone on prior to the police arrival. As a matter of fact...this wasn't an arrest so much as it was a beat down.

The problem though, since there is no audio,...it's possible the cop did tell Mr. Flowers to stop. When he kept moving there could have been probable cause at that point for an arrest for failing to follow the orders of law enforcement. IDK here..cause that law isn't in all jurisdictions. So....to play the devils advocate for a minute, had Mr. Flowers nephew tried to intervene there may have been enough evidence to prove the arrest itself was lawful based on the not following commands...even if the manner in which it was carried out clearly wasn't lawful.

It couldn't have been easy for Mr. Flowers nephew to standby and watch what was happening. But...for him...it was probably the right thing to do. I doubt I would have had as much self control as the nephew, and would have probably ended up in jail had I been a witness to this...even if I weren't family...but legally, and practically...he did probably do the right thing by not interfering....the nephew or anyone else for that matter.

I'm just saying...not to push the false arrest with force issue...cause a good district attorney can very often come up with something that would have made the arrest lawful....and putting the resistor in even more trouble.

With that said...I hope Mr. Flowers owns this police department when it's all said and done.

edit on 20-1-2012 by webpirate because: additional thoughts

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
While this film is deplorable, and makes me really angry, I would not advise resisting even a supposed false or illegal arrest in almost any circumstances. Since there isn't audio we can't hear what was said, but the nephew possibly did have the right to intervene, however he would probably have been tazed and possibly shot.

Initially the cop should have just spoken to the man...the 66 year old. There was absolutely NO evidence I saw in the video to have been probable cause for an arrest from the start. Based on the initial 911 calls though there probably was reasonable suspicion for the cop to do a pat down search of Mr. Flowers.

But that's not what we see. We see both the cop and Mr. Flowers walking towards each other....the cop appeared to be moving faster...then the kick came. There was no obvious attempt to ascertain anything from the suspect or the bystanders from what we can tell as to just what exactly had gone on prior to the police arrival. As a matter of fact...this wasn't an arrest so much as it was a beat down.

The problem though, since there is no audio,...it's possible the cop did tell Mr. Flowers to stop. When he kept moving there could have been probable cause at that point for an arrest for failing to follow the orders of law enforcement. IDK here..cause that law isn't in all jurisdictions. So....to play the devils advocate for a minute, had Mr. Flowers nephew tried to intervene there may have been enough evidence to prove the arrest itself was lawful based on the not following commands...even if the manner in which it was carried out clearly wasn't lawful.

It couldn't have been easy for Mr. Flowers nephew to standby and watch what was happening. But...for him...it was probably the right thing to do. I doubt I would have had as much self control as the nephew, and would have probably ended up in jail had I been a witness to this...even if I weren't family...but legally, and practically...he did probably do the right thing by not interfering....the nephew or anyone else for that matter.

I'm just saying...not to push the false arrest with force issue...cause a good district attorney can very often come up with something that would have made the arrest lawful....and putting the resistor in even more trouble.

With that said...I hope Mr. Flowers owns this police department when it's all said and done.

edit on 20-1-2012 by webpirate because: additional thoughts

This guy speaks the truth. Star for you my friend
edit on 20-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

Yeah...Unfortunately, in this day and age...the ability to resist a false arrest is probably more likely to get you into even more trouble. They could say they were arresting you for almost anything. Maybe not at the time...but especially if there's no audio like this one has they can come up with almost anything even later on, and charge you with it just to get around the false arrest issue.

Yeah...it really does suck. But what can you really do about it?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If the officer turns the dash camera off, then said officer plans to do something with the intent of concealing an act from public record. The officer was obviously the aggressor in this situation; witness as he paces back and forth as the man slowly walks up to him. I couldn't place where I had seen this type of behavior before and then it hit me, Animal Planet.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

No he didn't! Did you even watch the video???
Maybe it was in his pocket, but he didn't have a knife on him when the cop kicked him. The cop could have got in his cruiser and waited for back up.

The cop turned off his dash cam and audio.. he knew he was about to do something wrong. He had full intention to from the moment he turned that equipment off. Maybe he was hoping for a thrill kill.

Just one more example of the state of the police in this country, throw it on the pile.
That's cops for you. Worthless.
edit on 5-2-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Even the cop knew that what he was about to do was not okay(turning off camera), yet you, mister internet karate master, are here to say it was all good?

You miss a few nuts and bolts...I don't know why people take you serious enough to reply to your, obviously deranged posts.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnificient

Are you trolling? The procedure was the furthest thing from perfect. I hope the cop lands in jail and the family sues.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

When are the GOOD COPS going to come forward and weed the thugs, gangsters, and misfits out of their own midst?
Probably around the same time that the "moderate muslims" do the same with their psychos.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join