It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop beats 66 year old man with dementia for no reason

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Okay...here is my question...if they fellow did have a knife (I don't believe he did) then why didn't the cop that gut kicked him tase him with his own taser?

Shutting off his recording equipment definately make no sense at all!

This is just sad really...and is becoming all too common these days...whats to come I wonder?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I wondered that too. As he first cop approaches the old man..you can clearly see he has 2 guns. One on the right and one on the left. Maybe one is pepper spray...it's not completely clear, but I think it's a taser...but he does have something else to use other than a foot to the stomach or lower.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
When more and more cops start being shot at and maybe even killed things will probably get worse but they have to get worse before they get better... I know if a cop did that to my elder family member I would probably want to find his address for some revenge...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Anyone that would believe that the Officer in this case had anything but intent to beat this guy down would have to be seriously fooling themselves. That is he, the officer, turned off the camera, so he believed, meaning that only his written word would exist on what transpired during this incident.

Intent shown, ability shown, motive ???, but certainly enough to be found guilty in a court of law.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Shutting off his recording equipment definately make no sense at all!

It makes perfect sense.....if you're a sick twisted individual who wants to give someone a kicking for no reason other than the fact that you get off on hurting those who can't fight back, and that's the ONLY way you will ever feel good about yourself, such as the pathetic waste of space you are.......(just to clarify, I'm not calling you any of this)

Obviously they turned the camera off in mind to try and get away with giving someone a needless beating. Someone who couldn't fight back. Such brave people, deserving of my respect.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by freedomSlave

I doubt the 66 year old mentally disabled man had the ability to fight back, much less even resist a little bit after a kick to the gut like that a followed by punches to the face.

LOL true just amazes me how backwards our countries are people don't know the law and their rights , nor do the police really understand the laws they are to be upholding . His Nephew had the right to intervene but choose not to. Maybe if more people understood the law and their rights police and governments would not trample all over them.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You mean this isn't a spoof like the other one?

You'd think tasing in the head would be against some sort of law or training technique or some hoobadilly.,

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

You'd think tasing in the head would be against some sort of law or training technique or some hoobadilly.,
or common sense, common decency ect.....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by Lysergic

or common sense, common decency ect.....

You cannot depend on the "Police Force" to have neither of these, since they lowered the IQ threshhold to 60 ...WTF???
60 isn't that like borderline retarded?
Jesus...and we wonder why they act like neanderthals (no offense to any true neanderthals with morals).

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
none taken

But I agree with you, it's sad but true. Morals and stuff aren't high up on their list of priorities, or even on the list at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just have a question. I think I'm pretty educated on computer use and such, so my question would be. How do you recover something from the hard drive if the camera was turned off? If the camera was off then it would record nothing and that is what you would recover from the hard drive. If I shut off my camera and then try to recover pictures I didn't take, I would think there would not be anything to recover. Yes or No? Am I missing something?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

It would have to be done quickly. So the nephew must have complained immediately. I bet it's made to actually never shut off, but seems like it is. So the recording was there, but there would have been no link to it. Further recordings would have overwritten it.

The nephew must have complained, and they immediately pulled the recorder. It's like if you try to erase something from your hard drive, all you are doing is erasing your visible link to it. That's why you hear about securely erasing something. Eventually everything deleted will be overwritten, but a secure erase overwrites it immediately. So it can't be retrieved. The current CIA standard is 5 overwrites to prevent data retrieval.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
The guy had a knife..

What would of you rather the
cop done SHOOT HIM WITH BULLETS>/>?

His age does not matter.
edit on 16-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

Really?? Where is the knife? Why can you not see the knife in the video?

There is no evidence the man had a knife. The cops claimed he had a knife, in his hand, which you can clearly see by the video is not the case.

Sorry, this cop KNEW what he was going to do. Why else we he have turned off his own dash cam prior to kicking the old man?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm surprised that they let the video out. Thought they all took care of their own, so this was surprising in itself.

Revolting behavior by the cops., though I'm sure if a family member had intervened & shot them, the cops would have then been hailed 'heroes' etc. The video prob wouldn't have seen the light of day....

I really despise this crap

If the cops IQ standards continue to drop, this behavior will be the norm in the future.
But the consequences of that will be alot more cop deaths, as I'm sure many won't stand by & see a sick family member attacked like that.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jewells

Yeah...I'd like to know how it did come out. I'm pretty sure from listening to the end of it though it might have been subpoenaed by the attorney of the man who was beaten.

I'm glad the nephew didn't try to intervene more than verbally because it would have gotten really ugly really fast....well...uglier than it already was.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

this video is nuts...
and the pig only got in trouble for turning his equip off?
what about his partner he should be charged too.

i hope that the old man sees money over this, and the cops see prison time, where they can attempt to show off their fighting skills on someone who will fight back.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by violence=answer

Well you can look at the video as the second cop approaches....you can see almost the old guys entire body from mid chest down. There was plenty of places to taze him if he absolutely needed to be tazed. He spent a month in the hospital from the beating he got before he was tazed so the tazing was both unnecessary and even more cruel considering it was done point blank to the FACE.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
The guy had a knife..

What would of you rather the
cop done SHOOT HIM WITH BULLETS>/>?

His age does not matter.
edit on 16-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

You apparently lack the necessary comprehension skills when reading something, therefore you should not be allowed to offer any opinion. The man did NOT have a knife, and you are making yourself look more ignorant than you already appear.

Anyone who thinks this is okay is demented themselves. And the cop got a reprimand, but of course not for his actions toward the CITIZEN, but for turning off his camera. If the man would have had a knife, I think the cop should have simply drawn his weapon, as that is what they are trained to do.

He knew the man didn't have a knife, he just didn't like the way he walked up to him. He viewed it as "aggressive." Another thing that makes it blatantly obvious that procedure was not followed is when the cop gets him on the ground, and then keeps beating him in the face. He wasn't trying to subdue him, he was trying to beat the crap out of him.

Then when the man tries to hold the cop off of him, his partner comes up and tazes the man in the face. That officer should be prosecuted as well. This man did not assault a cop judging by the video, and that is why the family has gotten a lawyer, who will be out for blood, and will sue the crap out of them, as well as probably push for criminal charges.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think its very difficult to capture a video image with the camera turned "OFF"....

To me , I think this intelligent cop just switched off his in-dash screen not knowing that the DVR is still recording.I wonder if the cops are allowed to stop/start the DVR ??.... it would be off more than on....

The sound was probably to shocking (pun) to release..

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is just sick and shows what's wrong with the cops of the world. they get the badge on and think they rule everything. i mean why have such a low IQ rating, cops have some of the lowest out of almost any government job i wonder why that is -_- ..
For people that have a job such as cops the IQ rating should be alot higher, serve and protect my ass..

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join