It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What's up with the anti-Paul trolls?

page: 3
7
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23
 


I'll admit anything is possible, but I will also have to say that strains my credulity well beyond its breaking point, so I won't put a great deal of effort into imagining it's true...especially seeing as how he also told us in 2002 when he was forecasting a big chunk of it that policy changes could prevent most, if not all, of it from happening - but then also predicted that we wouldn't make the changes.

If this has been one of the longest-running confidence schemes in history (spanning...3, 4 decades?), it is truly a masterpiece and he an amazing player willing to adopt years of scorn and ridicule as well as limiting his own gain from such a thing: for a member of Congress, he has a pretty low net worth and fairly modest living arrangements.

But again, I won't say it's not possible. I just consider it entirely unrealistic.

I do have to ask, though - given Paul's record as compared to that of most people...who on earth DO you find yourself being able to trust?

Stay safe out there, and be blessed.




posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by android18957392

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by Starchild23
 




I don't trust him. I have never heard of a politician who had so many people rooting for him.


What you're seeing there is people cheering for the constitution, and liberty. Ron Paul is just the current voice of the people that don't want their Liberties taken from them.


See? Arrogance. I know NO ONE in real life that even likes Paul. Are they not the American people? Cause Paul sure the hell aint their voice.


This is comical. Nobody likes Paul? Why is he at the top of the straw polls and online surveys, yet the digital voting just doesn't add up? And I suppose you see Romney, Santorum or Grinch making more positive changes? Wait, I already know the response to that. "I wouldn't vote for any of them" yet you will expend energy to bash Paul? Once again very fishy.

Trolling is absolutely happening. View the post history of those profiles that drift into paul threads and post obvious inflammatory comments. Their other posts follow zionist thinking as well. So, if they aren't paid to do it, it really doesn't make a difference. Either way they are representing more of the same, and they seem to be ok with that. Most people are not ok with more of the same. Obvious trolling is happening.



I quoted your whole post to expose the kind of mind set that this thread is advocating for.

I did not say "Nobody like Paul." I said, and listen clearly and try not to hear what you want to hear, " I know no one that likes Paul in real life.

Stop twisting things. You hate it when the media does it, but its OK for you to, right?


I see, I'm twisting things. "I see nobody in real life that likes paul" and I say "nobody likes paul" and I'm twisting things. My "mentality" is simple.

Who will you vote for? Why? And do you disagree with the official vote counts? Either way, Paul is liked if he's polling second or third. Next, what is your motivation? What exactly is it that you disagree with? Let's hear something other than a blanket comment, like the others mentioned.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23
 





I am rather tempted to convert now...but like I said, after seeing years of all talk and little action, I'm a bit wary of throwing my hat into the ring when it might go up in flames and take my political dignity with it.


If you wanna talk about "little action" then look no further then Paul. Out of 600+ legislation he sponsored, only 1 passed.

To the people of this thread, this isn't a valid concern.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23


First: Generally, in politics, if something is too good to be true... that's because IT IS. You can spout all the candy and rainbows you like, but once you're in the hotseat, you have more than the citizens and bluecollars counting on you...where's your proof that he'll actually do as he says? If we viewed every candidate like this, we'd have to rerun the whole race because of them getting so much publicity for them getting their ****s sucked.

Second: Every time I ask WHY, all I get for an answer is a YouTube video and a retort that sounds a lot like, "Baaa-aaa-aaaa!" Seriously, I can Youtube stuff just as well as anyone here. I didn't ask Youtube for its opinion, I asked YOU (the ATS forum). If a Youtube video is the best answer you can give me, I don't think Ron Paul is worth it.

Nuff said.



First of all it's impossible to have proof that he will do as he say's, but fortunately we have the next best thing which is his 30 year sterling record of consistency. No flip flopping, which every other republican up there is guilty of! If you have a specific question, there will be someone to answer it, but if you expect people to write up and chart his platform for you than you might not have as much luck.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by Starchild23
 





I am rather tempted to convert now...but like I said, after seeing years of all talk and little action, I'm a bit wary of throwing my hat into the ring when it might go up in flames and take my political dignity with it.


If you wanna talk about "little action" then look no further then Paul. Out of 600+ legislation he sponsored, only 1 passed.

To the people of this thread, this isn't a valid concern.

Well yeah because he's 1 good apple in a sea of rotten ones. As president, at the very least, he'd stop Congress passing terrible legislation. Either way, that's worth my vote.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975

Originally posted by Starchild23


First: Generally, in politics, if something is too good to be true... that's because IT IS. You can spout all the candy and rainbows you like, but once you're in the hotseat, you have more than the citizens and bluecollars counting on you...where's your proof that he'll actually do as he says? If we viewed every candidate like this, we'd have to rerun the whole race because of them getting so much publicity for them getting their ****s sucked.

Second: Every time I ask WHY, all I get for an answer is a YouTube video and a retort that sounds a lot like, "Baaa-aaa-aaaa!" Seriously, I can Youtube stuff just as well as anyone here. I didn't ask Youtube for its opinion, I asked YOU (the ATS forum). If a Youtube video is the best answer you can give me, I don't think Ron Paul is worth it.

Nuff said.



First of all it's impossible to have proof that he will do as he say's, but fortunately we have the next best thing which is his 30 year sterling record of consistency. No flip flopping, which every other republican up there is guilty of! If you have a specific question, there will be someone to answer it, but if you expect people to write up and chart his platform for you than you might not have as much luck.


Apparently my stars are shining on me, because Praetorius just did exactly that.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23
 
hah...do any of us even really have any political dignity left at this point? Let me know if I can help you out with anything else on this - or other matters - one way or the other.

Even if we are somehow led astray in such a manner, you're not in bad company. I'd almost hazard to say that Paul's support is generally the salt of the earth - those earning less than $50k a year, generally young for the most part, the disenfranchised from all parties and belief systems, those seeking peace and the ones who are broken in spirit.

Regardless...as I've said before, please allow the facts and the candidate directly to guide you in any of your choices on this, and not any bad examples from those who support him or the talking heads often speaking in half-truths or outright ignorance and deception.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by android18957392

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by android18957392

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by Starchild23
 




I don't trust him. I have never heard of a politician who had so many people rooting for him.


What you're seeing there is people cheering for the constitution, and liberty. Ron Paul is just the current voice of the people that don't want their Liberties taken from them.


See? Arrogance. I know NO ONE in real life that even likes Paul. Are they not the American people? Cause Paul sure the hell aint their voice.


This is comical. Nobody likes Paul? Why is he at the top of the straw polls and online surveys, yet the digital voting just doesn't add up? And I suppose you see Romney, Santorum or Grinch making more positive changes? Wait, I already know the response to that. "I wouldn't vote for any of them" yet you will expend energy to bash Paul? Once again very fishy.

Trolling is absolutely happening. View the post history of those profiles that drift into paul threads and post obvious inflammatory comments. Their other posts follow zionist thinking as well. So, if they aren't paid to do it, it really doesn't make a difference. Either way they are representing more of the same, and they seem to be ok with that. Most people are not ok with more of the same. Obvious trolling is happening.



I quoted your whole post to expose the kind of mind set that this thread is advocating for.

I did not say "Nobody like Paul." I said, and listen clearly and try not to hear what you want to hear, " I know no one that likes Paul in real life.

Stop twisting things. You hate it when the media does it, but its OK for you to, right?


I see, I'm twisting things. "I see nobody in real life that likes paul" and I say "nobody likes paul" and I'm twisting things. My "mentality" is simple.

Who will you vote for? Why? And do you disagree with the official vote counts? Either way, Paul is liked if he's polling second or third. Next, what is your motivation? What exactly is it that you disagree with? Let's hear something other than a blanket comment, like the others mentioned.


Quoting your post again.

Once again, I said "I know no one in real life(of the people surrounding me, that I have physical contact with) likes Ron Paul.

I did not say "Nobody likes Ron Paul." Now, stop twisting words to suit your agenda.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Starchild23
 
hah...do any of us even really have any political dignity left at this point? Let me know if I can help you out with anything else on this - or other matters - one way or the other.

Even if we are somehow led astray in such a manner, you're not in bad company. I'd almost hazard to say that Paul's support is generally the salt of the earth - those earning less than $50k a year, generally young for the most part, the disenfranchised from all parties and belief systems, those seeking peace and the ones who are broken in spirit.

Regardless...as I've said before, please allow the facts and the candidate directly to guide you in any of your choices on this, and not any bad examples from those who support him or the talking heads often speaking in half-truths or outright ignorance and deception.



If he truly does have the support of the "salt", then he has very wisely chosen his support base.

Scarier and scarier...



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by android18957392

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by android18957392

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by Starchild23
 




I don't trust him. I have never heard of a politician who had so many people rooting for him.


What you're seeing there is people cheering for the constitution, and liberty. Ron Paul is just the current voice of the people that don't want their Liberties taken from them.


See? Arrogance. I know NO ONE in real life that even likes Paul. Are they not the American people? Cause Paul sure the hell aint their voice.


This is comical. Nobody likes Paul? Why is he at the top of the straw polls and online surveys, yet the digital voting just doesn't add up? And I suppose you see Romney, Santorum or Grinch making more positive changes? Wait, I already know the response to that. "I wouldn't vote for any of them" yet you will expend energy to bash Paul? Once again very fishy.

Trolling is absolutely happening. View the post history of those profiles that drift into paul threads and post obvious inflammatory comments. Their other posts follow zionist thinking as well. So, if they aren't paid to do it, it really doesn't make a difference. Either way they are representing more of the same, and they seem to be ok with that. Most people are not ok with more of the same. Obvious trolling is happening.



I quoted your whole post to expose the kind of mind set that this thread is advocating for.

I did not say "Nobody like Paul." I said, and listen clearly and try not to hear what you want to hear, " I know no one that likes Paul in real life.

Stop twisting things. You hate it when the media does it, but its OK for you to, right?


I see, I'm twisting things. "I see nobody in real life that likes paul" and I say "nobody likes paul" and I'm twisting things. My "mentality" is simple.

Who will you vote for? Why? And do you disagree with the official vote counts? Either way, Paul is liked if he's polling second or third. Next, what is your motivation? What exactly is it that you disagree with? Let's hear something other than a blanket comment, like the others mentioned.


Quoting your post again.

Once again, I said "I know no one in real life(of the people surrounding me, that I have physical contact with) likes Ron Paul.

I did not say "Nobody likes Ron Paul." Now, stop twisting words to suit your agenda.


I'm waiting to have an intelligent conversation. Who are you voting for? What positions of Paul's do you disagree with? Who do you think would be a better choice?



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23
 
Please let me know if I'm off-track here. Are you taking an "antichrist" spin with this?

I'll admit, I've toyed with the same thought before...although I'm unsure of the actual fit given the apocalyptic and symbolic angles to that stuff I'm not terribly familiar with. Regardless, the question I have to ask myself is - for what we're facing, is he honestly the best option with the most understanding and realistic addressing of the issues?

To that, I have to answer with a resounding yes. For me not to support a chance to address so many pains in the world with no indication of anything insidious beyond my own natural paranoia is akin to betrayal of my own principles. Anyhow, I'll stop nattering at you about this now, unless you actually need something else on this.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by android18957392

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by android18957392

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by android18957392

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by Starchild23
 




I don't trust him. I have never heard of a politician who had so many people rooting for him.


What you're seeing there is people cheering for the constitution, and liberty. Ron Paul is just the current voice of the people that don't want their Liberties taken from them.


See? Arrogance. I know NO ONE in real life that even likes Paul. Are they not the American people? Cause Paul sure the hell aint their voice.


This is comical. Nobody likes Paul? Why is he at the top of the straw polls and online surveys, yet the digital voting just doesn't add up? And I suppose you see Romney, Santorum or Grinch making more positive changes? Wait, I already know the response to that. "I wouldn't vote for any of them" yet you will expend energy to bash Paul? Once again very fishy.

Trolling is absolutely happening. View the post history of those profiles that drift into paul threads and post obvious inflammatory comments. Their other posts follow zionist thinking as well. So, if they aren't paid to do it, it really doesn't make a difference. Either way they are representing more of the same, and they seem to be ok with that. Most people are not ok with more of the same. Obvious trolling is happening.



I quoted your whole post to expose the kind of mind set that this thread is advocating for.

I did not say "Nobody like Paul." I said, and listen clearly and try not to hear what you want to hear, " I know no one that likes Paul in real life.

Stop twisting things. You hate it when the media does it, but its OK for you to, right?


I see, I'm twisting things. "I see nobody in real life that likes paul" and I say "nobody likes paul" and I'm twisting things. My "mentality" is simple.

Who will you vote for? Why? And do you disagree with the official vote counts? Either way, Paul is liked if he's polling second or third. Next, what is your motivation? What exactly is it that you disagree with? Let's hear something other than a blanket comment, like the others mentioned.


Quoting your post again.

Once again, I said "I know no one in real life(of the people surrounding me, that I have physical contact with) likes Ron Paul.

I did not say "Nobody likes Ron Paul." Now, stop twisting words to suit your agenda.


I'm waiting to have an intelligent conversation. Who are you voting for? What positions of Paul's do you disagree with? Who do you think would be a better choice?


One or two more quotes, and you'll have no freaking clue what post started this argument!


Anyway, my preference would be no politician whatsoever. Try someone who wasn't trained in politics and doesn't have any greedy sponsors to please, nor any bias in what needs to be done.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Starchild23
 
Please let me know if I'm off-track here. Are you taking an "antichrist" spin with this?

I'll admit, I've toyed with the same thought before...although I'm unsure of the actual fit given the apocalyptic and symbolic angles to that stuff I'm not terribly familiar with. Regardless, the question I have to ask myself is - for what we're facing, is he honestly the best option with the most understanding and realistic addressing of the issues?

To that, I have to answer with a resounding yes. For me not to support a chance to address so many pains in the world with no indication of anything insidious beyond my own natural paranoia is akin to betrayal of my own principles. Anyhow, I'll stop nattering at you about this now, unless you actually need something else on this.




The "Antichrist spin", as you so eloquently put it, is something I am considering. I read a book series called "Left Behind"...and the Antichrist in it was extremely popular and ....

Hold on. Does Ron Paul have any Roman background?

As you said, he appears to be the best choice. But good will is the best disguise, don't you think?



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   


And I suppose you see Romney, Santorum or Grinch making more positive changes? Wait, I already know the response to that. "I wouldn't vote for any of them" yet you will expend energy to bash Paul? Once again very fishy.






One or two more quotes, and you'll have no freaking clue what post started this argument!


Anyway, my preference would be no politician whatsoever. Try someone who wasn't trained in politics and doesn't have any greedy sponsors to please, nor any bias in what needs to be done.


Like I said originally, you would bash Paul then say you wouldn't vote for any of them. I'm still waiting to hear which views of Paul's you disagree with so strongly. Id be happy to know you have strong feelings for a reason that exists, and would like to hear why.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by android18957392

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by android18957392

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by android18957392

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by Starchild23
 




I don't trust him. I have never heard of a politician who had so many people rooting for him.


What you're seeing there is people cheering for the constitution, and liberty. Ron Paul is just the current voice of the people that don't want their Liberties taken from them.


See? Arrogance. I know NO ONE in real life that even likes Paul. Are they not the American people? Cause Paul sure the hell aint their voice.


This is comical. Nobody likes Paul? Why is he at the top of the straw polls and online surveys, yet the digital voting just doesn't add up? And I suppose you see Romney, Santorum or Grinch making more positive changes? Wait, I already know the response to that. "I wouldn't vote for any of them" yet you will expend energy to bash Paul? Once again very fishy.

Trolling is absolutely happening. View the post history of those profiles that drift into paul threads and post obvious inflammatory comments. Their other posts follow zionist thinking as well. So, if they aren't paid to do it, it really doesn't make a difference. Either way they are representing more of the same, and they seem to be ok with that. Most people are not ok with more of the same. Obvious trolling is happening.



I quoted your whole post to expose the kind of mind set that this thread is advocating for.

I did not say "Nobody like Paul." I said, and listen clearly and try not to hear what you want to hear, " I know no one that likes Paul in real life.

Stop twisting things. You hate it when the media does it, but its OK for you to, right?


I see, I'm twisting things. "I see nobody in real life that likes paul" and I say "nobody likes paul" and I'm twisting things. My "mentality" is simple.

Who will you vote for? Why? And do you disagree with the official vote counts? Either way, Paul is liked if he's polling second or third. Next, what is your motivation? What exactly is it that you disagree with? Let's hear something other than a blanket comment, like the others mentioned.


Quoting your post again.

Once again, I said "I know no one in real life(of the people surrounding me, that I have physical contact with) likes Ron Paul.

I did not say "Nobody likes Ron Paul." Now, stop twisting words to suit your agenda.


I'm waiting to have an intelligent conversation. Who are you voting for? Who do you think would be a better choice?


Quoting again to show an example of the common tactic of changing topic.

Who I am voting for is not on topic.




What positions of Paul's do you disagree with?


Oh, so many. How about that I dont think guns should be on school grounds? Or how about I go with Civil Rights are federal issues? Maybe I like that we have a minimum wage?

Oh, heres a big one. Maybe I don't want schools to have the right to discriminate?




Who do you think would be a better choice?


Oh, how nice. You have included a logical fallacy in your argument.

False Dilemma



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23
 

The "Antichrist spin", as you so eloquently put it, is something I am considering. I read a book series called "Left Behind"...and the Antichrist in it was extremely popular and ....

Hold on. Does Ron Paul have any Roman background?

As you said, he appears to be the best choice. But good will is the best disguise, don't you think?

Ugh...Left Behind. I won't say much there, other than I have issues with pre-tribulation rapture theory based on my studies (Revelation ch. 20 pretty much makes it clear that the 'rapture' as discussed in 2 Thessalonians pretty much has to take place after the tribulation at the actual return of Christ, prior to the commencement of the millennial kingdom).

Regardless, I'm not aware of him having any roman OR jewish background - according to his wiki page, he's of irish & german descent.

That said...if there was going to be a single human figure as "the antichrist" or some such, I would think so. But as I said, this is appealing just to my own paranoia - and yours too, apparently
- and not really dealing with anything in the realm of fact or reality.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23
 


By your logic, you wouldn't be willing to accept a good thing if it hit you in the face. Isn't religion about having faith? And this antichrist talk stems from religious belief.

Personally I'm not religious. I don't believe the antichrist exists. What I do believe that if you vote for someone with a poor track record, rather than someone with a good one simply because it's "fishy", you're making a huge mistake. It's similar to the contestants on "Let's Make a Deal". They know that they can take the $500, but they think what's in the big flashy box is going to be awesome. Turns out it's a broken bicycle, or some other useless thing.

Should have went with the sure thing.



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Starchild23
 

The "Antichrist spin", as you so eloquently put it, is something I am considering. I read a book series called "Left Behind"...and the Antichrist in it was extremely popular and ....

Hold on. Does Ron Paul have any Roman background?

As you said, he appears to be the best choice. But good will is the best disguise, don't you think?

Ugh...Left Behind. I won't say much there, other than I have issues with pre-tribulation rapture theory based on my studies (Revelation ch. 20 pretty much makes it clear that the 'rapture' as discussed in 2 Thessalonians pretty much has to take place after the tribulation at the actual return of Christ, prior to the commencement of the millennial kingdom).

Regardless, I'm not aware of him having any roman OR jewish background - according to his wiki page, he's of irish & german descent.

That said...if there was going to be a single human figure as "the antichrist" or some such, I would think so. But as I said, this is appealing just to my own paranoia - and yours too, apparently
- and not really dealing with anything in the realm of fact or reality.



Considering fact has been taught to us by known liars, I have come to consider that perhaps the ridiculous is the most dependable source we have...


Anyway, Ireland has a LOT of Romans in its history. Why do you think they are Roman Catholic?



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by Starchild23
 


By your logic, you wouldn't be willing to accept a good thing if it hit you in the face. Isn't religion about having faith? And this antichrist talk stems from religious belief.

Personally I'm not religious. I don't believe the antichrist exists. What I do believe that if you vote for someone with a poor track record, rather than someone with a good one simply because it's "fishy", you're making a huge mistake. It's similar to the contestants on "Let's Make a Deal". They know that they can take the $500, but they think what's in the big flashy box is going to be awesome. Turns out it's a broken bicycle, or some other useless thing.

Should have went with the sure thing.


By my logic, I don't accept good things from something that, in precedent cases, only delivers false promises and lots of ear candy. It's called insanity: doing something repeatedly and expecting different results.

Am I supposed to vote and expect a PROPER President? Remember, all of our definitions vary...No, I'm making a "huge mistake" by not voting for the person who agrees with YOU. Just as long as we're being technical...



posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23
 
Oh poo - why are so many people in central and south america roman catholic?




new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join