It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with the anti-Paul trolls?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by Starchild23

I don't trust him. I have never heard of a politician who had so many people rooting for him.

What you're seeing there is people cheering for the constitution, and liberty. Ron Paul is just the current voice of the people that don't want their Liberties taken from them.

No, what I'm seeing is a POLITICIAN seeing what the people want and agreeing with them so they'll think he's the best man for the job.

All men talk, but not every man walks.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
And before you say it...no, I'm not anti-RP. I am anti-politician, because all they have ever done is sweet-talk their way onto the throne so they can do what they REALLY want...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mescalito

Sure thing, friend, and no worries - that's what I'm here for. For a summary from the man himself, I'd suggest checking out a thread of mine linked in my signature, which links to his full "My Plan for a freedom president" that fairly sums up his goals and limitations.

For the quick summary - he wants to restore the government to its constitutional scope and authority/limits (basically shrink it back to the role it was founded to fill), leaving the rest up to the states & people to craft as they see fit; restore privacy to the people and reverse the roles we've grown into (government being afraid of the people so there is liberty, and not people being afraid of the government so that it practices any form of tyranny); stop bad military and foreign policies that make us more likely to be targeted while also being less able to effectively defend ourselves; let the people and states keep more of their own money since big government just keeps getting bigger while becoming less efficient; and restoring more of our former dignity on the world scene by practicing the international policy of our founding fathers: peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none.

As far as his limitations in office, which he acknowledges, a good part of what he aims for (mainly changing our domestic and financial policies here at home) would require cooperation of Congress. However, there is quite a lot he can do on his own as president - the list I usually run down is:
1) order the troops home, end the wars, stop the involved money from being wasted, and prevent further loss of civilian life and lessen desire for retaliation against the US.
2) revoke all prior overreaching and unconstitutional executive directives.
3) order the DOJ to stop interfering with states' rights regarding their own laws on medi MJ, foods, and the rest.
4) pardon non-violent "offender" victims of the drug war.
5) shrink big government by refusing to fill non-essential position vacancies (attrition).
6) use the bully pulpit of the Executive Office to educate the american people and push for rational change via their representatives
7) restore some dignity to the office finally - no crappy gifts to foreign heads of state that don't even work in their nation, no bowing to foreign leaders, HONESTY AND FRANKNESS WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE for a change, no Bush-style embarassments...ugh, bushisms...
8) I suppose it's important to add one of the most obvious powers in vetoing unconstitutional, unhelpful, or stupid legislation as well as unbalanced budgets.

There are probably a few little things I'm missing, but those are the big things that fall primarily to the discretion of the executive branch itself - and they are very significant and needed, at this point.

Let me know if I can provide anything else - take care.
edit on 1/16/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 6Eyengineer

Originally posted by 6Eyengineer
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think mossme89 was just making an observation, and stating his opinion, which I'm pretty sure is acceptable for a forum like this.

Thanks for stating the obvious. I understand his position agree that he is well within his rights to express his observations. I have no problem with him stating his opinion. Is it OK with you if I ask a few follow up questions of my own in an attempt to understand his position more completely? Thanks.

Also I'm fairly certain he was directing his question to RP supporters, which guessing by your response, you are not.

The OP is addressed to the board. Not just to RP supporters.

Since you're speaking for the OP, perhaps you can relay this message: The thread title is a TROLL title. It's inflammatory and has the intent of provoking readers (anti-Ron Paul "trolls", to be exact) into an emotional response, as DrNotforhire posted.

So, the person you're now speaking for started a TROLL thread to complain about trolls.

... there are some folks who are unrelenting and obsessive in their attacks on RP.

And there are some folks who are unrelenting and obsessive in their praise and worship of RP... Isn't diversity wonderful?

To each his own. Live and let live.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

I don't trust him. I have never heard of a politician who had so many people rooting for him.

What you're seeing there is people cheering for the constitution, and liberty. Ron Paul is just the current voice of the people that don't want their Liberties taken from them.

No, what I'm seeing is a POLITICIAN seeing what the people want and agreeing with them so they'll think he's the best man for the job.

All men talk, but not every man walks.

Look at his voting record. He's been consistent for 30 years.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think what frustrates a lot of RP supporters is the ignorant and stupid things people say like he's the antichrist because he's just to good to be true, or he's just like Obama promising the moon and not gonna come through with the promises. I am all for a discussion on the issues, if you don't like RP because of his actual stance on the issues fine I can respect that. Just don't come across like an uninformed pot stirrer, or somebody is gonna eat your lunch!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
I think what frustrates a lot of RP supporters is the ignorant and stupid things people say like he's the antichrist because he's just to good to be true, or he's just like Obama promising the moon and not gonna come through with the promises. I am all for a discussion on the issues, if you don't like RP because of his actual stance on the issues fine I can respect that. Just don't come across like an uninformed pot stirrer, or somebody is gonna eat your lunch!

I agree. It's stances like what you said where they are not just wrong, but plain ignorant. Comparing Obama to Paul is like apples to oranges.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I know you consider me one of the "trolls" because I voice my opinion on a discussion forum...I know...shocking.

People ask me all the time, "why are you in all the Ron Paul threads"....well....I like politics...I love elections and campaigns....look at the threads available to comment on for the election. They are all mostly Ron Paul threads. But I comment on the ones that aren't Ron Paul threads as well.

For example, today you posted a thread about how all the polls are wrong and Ron Paul is doing much better than what any of the polls say.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, you were just plain wrong. The polls matched what Ron Paul actually did in Iowa and NH. And you falsely claimed that they are only polling Republicans when it shows "RV". That is just flat out false information that you are trying to spread. So I commented to set the facts straight. Why do you have a problem with someone correcting you when you are trying to spread false information?

If this was an official Ron Paul website, sure...call out the "anti" paul people. But this is ATS...and we are all free to comment on any topic we like as long as we stay on topic and stay within the T&Cs.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

See? Arrogance. I know NO ONE in real life that even likes Paul. Are they not the American people? Cause Paul sure the hell aint their voice.

This is comical. Nobody likes Paul? Why is he at the top of the straw polls and online surveys, yet the digital voting just doesn't add up? And I suppose you see Romney, Santorum or Grinch making more positive changes? Wait, I already know the response to that. "I wouldn't vote for any of them" yet you will expend energy to bash Paul? Once again very fishy.

Trolling is absolutely happening. View the post history of those profiles that drift into paul threads and post obvious inflammatory comments. Their other posts follow zionist thinking as well. So, if they aren't paid to do it, it really doesn't make a difference. Either way they are representing more of the same, and they seem to be ok with that. Most people are not ok with more of the same. Obvious trolling is happening.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975

First: Generally, in politics, if something is too good to be true... that's because IT IS. You can spout all the candy and rainbows you like, but once you're in the hotseat, you have more than the citizens and bluecollars counting on you...where's your proof that he'll actually do as he says? If we viewed every candidate like this, we'd have to rerun the whole race because of them getting so much publicity for them getting their ****s sucked.

Second: Every time I ask WHY, all I get for an answer is a YouTube video and a retort that sounds a lot like, "Baaa-aaa-aaaa!" Seriously, I can Youtube stuff just as well as anyone here. I didn't ask Youtube for its opinion, I asked YOU (the ATS forum). If a Youtube video is the best answer you can give me, I don't think Ron Paul is worth it.

Nuff said.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

It's not really you. At least you back up what you say with facts. But it's other people who just say random things like "Paul sucks" or "He's unelectable" or "he's obviously a fraud." Things that can clearly be debunked.

Like this guy a few posts back:

See? Arrogance. I know NO ONE in real life that even likes Paul. Are they not the American people? Cause Paul sure the hell aint their voice.

edit on 16-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

This is going to sound a little silly...but what if he knew what was coming because the whole thing was a set-up? Every single thing that went wrong could have been paving the way for his Presidency...in which we all get an extra bone (if you catch my drift).

If a Muslim walked in and said, "I have an idea for turning your religion around and saving you all!" guess what the response would be? Exactly.

I don't trust him, period.

note: I don't have anything against Muslims. it's just an example of american standards.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

It's not really you. At least you back up what you say with facts. But it's other people who just say random things like "Paul sucks" or "He's unelectable" or "he's obviously a fraud." Things that can clearly be debunked.

What the hell did i say that can clearly be debunked?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Well I appreciate that. Unfortunately, I don't think all of your fellow RP supporters share your view of me.

And you have what you describe on both sides. You have those that pop in, say a one liner hit on Ron Paul and leave. You also have those that pop in, say "Ron Paul 2012" with a picture or a video and leave. Neither contribute to the discussion and both are part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I stated something I have noticed....and my statement is not ment to belittle anyone...it is an observation of mine.

If you feel belittled...that is something that is within you.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by mossme89

Well I appreciate that. Unfortunately, I don't think all of your fellow RP supporters share your view of me.

And you have what you describe on both sides. You have those that pop in, say a one liner hit on Ron Paul and leave. You also have those that pop in, say "Ron Paul 2012" with a picture or a video and leave. Neither contribute to the discussion and both are part of the problem.

Agreed

2nd line.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

What the hell did i say that can clearly be debunked?

What do you want me to debunk?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

You conveniently didn't include my last paragraph. I agree you have every right not to be a Ron Paul supporter.

edit on 16-1-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by android18957392

This is comical. Nobody likes Paul? Why is he at the top of the straw polls and online surveys, yet the digital voting just doesn't add up? And I suppose you see Romney, Santorum or Grinch making more positive changes? Wait, I already know the response to that. "I wouldn't vote for any of them" yet you will expend energy to bash Paul? Once again very fishy.

Trolling is absolutely happening. View the post history of those profiles that drift into paul threads and post obvious inflammatory comments. Their other posts follow zionist thinking as well. So, if they aren't paid to do it, it really doesn't make a difference. Either way they are representing more of the same, and they seem to be ok with that. Most people are not ok with more of the same. Obvious trolling is happening.

I quoted your whole post to expose the kind of mind set that this thread is advocating for.

I did not say "Nobody like Paul." I said, and listen clearly and try not to hear what you want to hear, " I know no one that likes Paul in real life."

Stop twisting things. You hate it when the media does it, but its OK for you to, right?
edit on 16-1-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Mescalito

Sure thing, friend, and no worries - that's what I'm here for. For a summary from the man himself, I'd suggest checking out a thread of mine linked in my signature, which links to his full "My Plan for a freedom president" that fairly sums up his goals and limitations.

For the quick summary - he wants to restore the government to its constitutional scope and authority/limits (basically shrink it back to the role it was founded to fill), leaving the rest up to the states & people to craft as they see fit; restore privacy to the people and reverse the roles we've grown into (government being afraid of the people so there is liberty, and not people being afraid of the government so that it practices any form of tyranny); stop bad military and foreign policies that make us more likely to be targeted while also being less able to effectively defend ourselves; let the people and states keep more of their own money since big government just keeps getting bigger while becoming less efficient; and restoring more of our former dignity on the world scene by practicing the international policy of our founding fathers: peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none.

As far as his limitations in office, which he acknowledges, a good part of what he aims for (mainly changing our domestic and financial policies here at home) would require cooperation of Congress. However, there is quite a lot he can do on his own as president - the list I usually run down is:
1) order the troops home, end the wars, stop the involved money from being wasted, and prevent further loss of civilian life and lessen desire for retaliation against the US.
2) revoke all prior overreaching and unconstitutional executive directives.
3) order the DOJ to stop interfering with states' rights regarding their own laws on medi MJ, foods, and the rest.
4) pardon non-violent "offender" victims of the drug war.
5) shrink big government by refusing to fill non-essential position vacancies (attrition).
6) use the bully pulpit of the Executive Office to educate the american people and push for rational change via their representatives
7) restore some dignity to the office finally - no crappy gifts to foreign heads of state that don't even work in their nation, no bowing to foreign leaders, HONESTY AND FRANKNESS WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE for a change, no Bush-style embarassments...ugh, bushisms...
8) I suppose it's important to add one of the most obvious powers in vetoing unconstitutional, unhelpful, or stupid legislation as well as unbalanced budgets.

There are probably a few little things I'm missing, but those are the big things that fall primarily to the discretion of the executive branch itself - and they are very significant and needed, at this point.

Let me know if I can provide anything else - take care.
edit on 1/16/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

I am rather tempted to convert now...but like I said, after seeing years of all talk and little action, I'm a bit wary of throwing my hat into the ring when it might go up in flames and take my political dignity with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join