It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with the anti-Paul trolls?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I just don't get this. There are some people on this board who are on literally every single Ron Paul thread trying to make him look bad

I can understand someone coming on a thread and saying "hey, i don't agree with this." maybe 1-2 times, but when someone is on almost every single Ron Paul thread, it's basically trolling. I don't get it, why are they doing this? Don't they have something better to do?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I don't trust him. I have never heard of a politician who had so many people rooting for him. Every politician has just as many people booing him/her as they've had people cheering. And yet...there's so much popularity for this guy. Plus, it looks like he intends to give the government a complete reform. I've said time and again, it brings the Antichrist to mind.

I have only met one person who said flat-out that he wont make it to the elections. That's scary.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Ive read some threads about it, saw basically the same persons popping up and asking the same question... which no-one even took the time to answer... so you call that trolling, others just want that answer..

Im actually curious aswell... Why do you think I should vote for Ron Paul?

(If I could, since im not living in the USA)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I just don't get this. There are some people on this board who are on literally every single Ron Paul thread trying to make him look bad

I can understand someone coming on a thread and saying "hey, i don't agree with this." maybe 1-2 times, but when someone is on almost every single Ron Paul thread, it's basically trolling. I don't get it, why are they doing this? Don't they have something better to do?

Thank god their here..least we have a bit of balance so its not just Ron Paul cock fest.

Btw, i support Ron Paul but jeebus christ there is no need for a conspiracy board to get flooded this much with Pro Ron paul threads which should be left to mainstream or political boards. . .

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I don't see why expressing a negative opinion about Paul is any different from expressing a positive opinion about him.

Why aren't you suggesting that the people who support Paul (in anti-Paul threads) are trolls?

And in the last election, people were free to post in all threads, pro-Obama OR anti-Obama, without being trolls.

Why is it ONLY the anti-Paul people who are "trolls"? In any thread stating an opinion. are those who disagree with the opinion stated in the OP "trolls"?

Finally, if someone disagrees with Paul's policies and says so, does that make that person a troll?

Consider this question as a response to your title: What's up with all the Paul-worshiping trolls?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I have noticed the trolls too. I am a new member but longtime lurker and click on almost every RP thread...It's always the same dense anti-arguments too. Filled with your typical fear mongering and talking points. While I appreciate diversity in all arguments, I am particularly surprised at the anit-paul trolls persistence. I think they are as directly opposed to him as we are in support of him. The good thing though is, I've never seen him so popular amongst my friends and acquaintances too, so even if he doesn't win the nomination..it's a huge advancement in the cause of liberty.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mescalito

First off, to fairly answer the OP - not everyone's going to agree with Paul (and some will strenuously disagree with him), and some are outright offended by the less-than-warm welcome they've received from Paul supporters in some cases, or are otherwise annoyed by the...'excessive exuberance'...some Paul supporters exhibit.

This causes them in some cases to become overtly hostile. And I'm sure some just like getting Paul supporters riled up, since it's generally an easy thing to do (the few actual 'trolls'). Heck, I'm a die-hard Paul supporter, but it gets on my nerves quite often as well...too many tend to get too emotional, leading to poor responses/handling, and getting carried away in their praise for Paul can tend to rub the wrong way.

Mescalito, as to why I feel people should support Paul - in short, history has proven him to be honest and consistent. His statements on the record have also proven him to have a solid understanding of most issues as he accurately called the consequences and coming results years ahead of time (on the economy, terrorist threats, foreign policy actions, and many other topics). Various reviews of his proposed budgets and foreign policy actions (by economic institutions and foreign policy/military experts) have shown him to be the only truly serious candidate when it comes to making needed changes regarding our fiscal situations and military actions to prevent further fallout.

He is, based on my research, simply the best option and the one who best understands required courses of action as well as providing tenable transition options to maintain our solvency on various fronts.

Take care.

edit on 1/16/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I tend to notice once a topic becomes popular, or a person becomes popular. People feel the need to down that person and complain "Why da heck do peole luv dis guy, everbody talkin bout him so i hate him".
It seems the board is filled with 12 year old rebels. The reason Ron Paul is popular is because people
like listening to the honest truth rather then the toxic garbage spewed out by MSM. People just like to be on the other side because they want to feel like there the only one going against that certain topic or person... Instead of doing research and looking at his consistency people would rather troll and complain because he suddenly is "popular". I think its the fact that ATS deludes people to go against something.. no matter how good and beneficial that certain thing is.

edit on 16-1-2012 by BruceEFury because: para fix

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
its not trolling if you disagree with his political motives and if you question things like the letters and his foreign policy.

Troll by definition is " a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

en.wikipedia.org...(Internet)

please dont turn actual thought processes into the word Trolling, thats as bad as calling everyone racist for not liking Obama..

ty

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I have noticed the anti-Ron Paul trend too...particularly in Dec. 2011 and now in Jan. 2012. There are some new members joining...recently...(look at their join dates)...and all they really are doing in the majority of their posts is speaking against Ron Paul.

I don't expect every member on ATS to be pro Ron Paul...that is unrealistic...but I do know he has more supporters here than not.

edit on 16-1-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 6Eyengineer

I always notice the supporters answering me by posting videos expressing his viewpoints. Why is it they can't explain his agenda themselves? You'd think, if it truly made sense, they'd post a three-page-long essay on what exactly entitles Ron Paul to the presidency...including a blow-by-blow chart of his agenda.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Thank you for your answer!

Just one last thing, although its probably my own responsibility to research that..
I hear that he is consistent, but not what he wants to achieve

Besides, how is he alone going to stay consistent as POTUS? Its not like he gets all the power, his decisions still have to be approved by different governmental stage's right?

Just asking, I dont have a lot of knowledge about the subject, just a healthy interest

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think mossme89 was just making an observation, and stating his opinion, which I'm pretty sure is acceptable for a forum like this. Also I'm fairly certain he was directing his question to RP supporters, which guessing by your response, you are not. I think its good to have a rigorous debate on any subject..however I think the observation that he is making is acurate and that there are some folks who are unrelenting and obsessive in their attacks on RP. I can't blame the guy for venting to his fellow supporters.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I have noticed the anti-Ron Paul trend too...particularly in Dec. 2011 and now in Jan. 2012. There are some new members joining...recently...(look at their join dates)...and all they really are doing in the majority of their posts is speaking against Ron Paul.

I don't expect every member on ATS to be pro Ron Paul...that is unrealistic...but I do know he has more supporters here than not.

Please don't use our join dates to belittle us. You may as well say, "Oh, they haven't been one of us that long, their opinion doesn't count."

I've been lurking. Sue me.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
it's like the teenage girls on facebook who think they can coach football. Just jumping on the hot topic, yelling whatever they hear the media or their parents screaming. It's just like the doomsdayers, haters are always going to exist. Even if there is no real foundation to their hate to be built on.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

What's up with the anti-Paul trolls?

This is what I hate about ATS. Cant say something that cast Paul in a bad light or your a troll. Every other candidate is open game to talk all kinds of crap about, even if its not true.

Hypocrites.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Antichrist? Are you serious? lol

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I freaking hate these types of post. We DO NOT agree with him. That's our right and Paul himself wouldn't have it any other way.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I don't trust him. I have never heard of a politician who had so many people rooting for him.

What you're seeing there is people cheering for the constitution, and liberty. Ron Paul is just the current voice of the people that don't want their Liberties taken from them.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamer99

I don't trust him. I have never heard of a politician who had so many people rooting for him.

What you're seeing there is people cheering for the constitution, and liberty. Ron Paul is just the current voice of the people that don't want their Liberties taken from them.

See? Arrogance. I know NO ONE in real life that even likes Paul. Are they not the American people? Cause Paul sure the hell aint their voice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join