It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and US call off military exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Israel and US call off military exercise

www.theaustralian.com.au

A LONG-PLANNED US-Israeli joint military exercise has been called off because of "broad operational considerations that include preparation of the Israel Defence Forces for weighty missions", according to the Tel Aviv daily Ma'ariv.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"Broad operational considerations that include preparations for weighty missions" eh. I wonder what this means. I don't think that this will include Gaza in any way, since i believe that Isreal thinks that it would be a pushover for military conflict. Iran on the other hand sounds more likely. What does ATS think?

www.theaustralian.com.au (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This news will be read by the world as a backdown by the JEWSA adding credibility to Iran's deterrent power.

Clearly the JEWSA can't afford the costs a war with Iran would bring, so a new local power emerges and the old one dwindles away.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
All of the western forces are still in place and armed to their teeth.

All they need is the 'go ahead', 'green light', slightest provocation or 'accident' and its WW3.

link   

Originally posted by Brasov
This news will be read by the world as a backdown by the JEWSA adding credibility to Iran's deterrent power.

Clearly the JEWSA can't afford the costs a war with Iran would bring, so a new local power emerges and the old one dwindles away.

Oh bloody hell not you again

Clearly, you're going to start spamming my threads now arn't you.

Anyway: On topic:

It sounds like Israel is getting ready for something big, but i think it would be stupid of them to attack Iran as Russia consideres an attack on Iran as an attack on Moscow. It's going to be interesting.

link   
where is JEWSA

are there jobs there ?
& is the cost of living cheap?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

he's being anti-Semitic.

hes using a pun, Jew aka USA. I don't get it either, or what it would be said.

However, this is no good... I can agree with him on that.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
All of the western forces are still in place and armed to their teeth.

All they need is the 'go ahead', 'green light', slightest provocation or 'accident' and its WW3.

The USA has sent 15,000 troops to Kuwait, 12,000 troops to Libya and a second Carrier fllet to the Gulf of Hormuz. Furthermore, South Sudan is getting backed by the USA, with them providing the Africans with weapons, and in the future a missile defence system!
It sounds like America is trying to get many strategic points ang trying yo be on the good side of some countries.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
this was already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Ah missed it
sorry.

Still it is different as it states that it hasn't been potponed, but abandoned completely, because Israel has "broad operational considerations that include preparation of the Israel Defence Forces for weighty missions"

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I could be wrong...but, IMHO, I honestly believe that when the CIA/Mossad assassinated that Iranian scientist, they thought for sure that Iran would take immediate action. They did not fall for the bait. Evidently, Iran has better self control than the west ever had.

WW3 is upon us, the victor will be the one with self control and a stable thought process.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah, that's interesting. Also this week:

Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, is scheduled to arrive in Israel on Thursday.....

www.haaretz.com...

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday that the current sanctions imposed on Iran were not effective enough to stop its nuclear program, and called for further sanctions on the Islamic Republic's central bank and oil industry

www.haaretz.com...
There are three options i see.
1) Israel and USA disagree about Iran and military option. Israeli government is pro-strike and US is against it.
2) It is a smoke screen.
3) It is just a coincidence.
I tend to go with option 1.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Yes because every other mideast conflict has been so difficult. Iran has nothing to offer, end of story. Unless you believe Keshe, in which case logic no longer matters.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AnswerSeeker2012

If Iran had any chance to win they would have, they don't, they know it. They are disgusting human beings (the leadership not the ordinary Iranian), but they are not suicidal.

new topics

top topics

join