It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformation and lies on the fall of Phobos-Grunt.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I've been checking out the updates about Phobos-Grunt and there's so much disinformation, no visual confirmation and people claiming that's still in orbit. Russian military say it crashed in the Pacific, Coast of Chile, Roscosmos says it crashed in the Atlantic and a third source in Russia alleges it spread over the Brazilian territory, but so far there are no reports from Brazil.

Russian officials say they still have no firm information where a failed Mars moon probe plummeted to Earth, the day after it went down.
The unmanned Phobos-Ground probe fell Sunday after being stuck in Earth's orbit for two months.
The $170 million craft was one of the heaviest and most toxic pieces of space junk ever to crash to Earth, but space officials and experts said the risks posed by its crash were minimal because the toxic rocket fuel on board and most of the craft's structure would burn up in the atmosphere high above the ground anyway.
News agencies had cited Defense Ministry spokesman Alexei Zolotukhin as saying Sunday that fragments of the craft fell in the Pacific Ocean off Chile's coast. But Zolotukhin told The Associated Press Monday that estimate was based on calculations, and no witness reports had been received.
The deputy head of Russia's space agency, Anatoly Shilov, told state news channel Vesti that agency data assumed the craft broke up somewhere over Brazil.
A statement Monday from the space agency, Roscosmos, cited the reported Defense Ministry assessment, but gave no further information, noting "the lack of means of visual and other monitoring" in the region.

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 1/16/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/16/2012 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

I found a couple of videos, one of them is in Russian. Anybody here able to translate it??

And in another video this guy says it's still in orbit:

Both online trackers are dead already. The probe is reported as decayed...

www.satflare.com...
www.n2yo.com...

Big cover up going on!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
I've been checking out the updates about Phobos-Grunt and there's so much disinformation, no visual confirmation...

And thats the key.
The Phobos Grunt satellite was close enough and bright enough to be EASILY seen by anyone standing on the ground. I saw it myself only a week or two ago.
Easily seen.
Cant be hidden.
Its location can easily be calculated by people interested in this stuff (as some people are), by either the official Two Line Elements, or by observers who make their own.
1 37872U 11065A 12015.69171186 .10804850 13050-4 36619-4 0 3192
2 37872 051.4132 350.1235 0009680 342.5577 017.5128 16.57963948 109680

Secondly, there are also a large number of people who completely independently arrive at estimations of its reentry time. You can try it yourself for the next satellite reentry if you wish.

So.. whats your conspiracy theory?
Its still up there? Cant be, people would see it, and it isnt high enough to stay up anymore.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I saw an animated projection of how they thought it was going to go down, on the news a few days back. They showed it exploding into hundreds of pieces, when the fuel load it was carrying heats up on reentry and explodes.

This could account for numerous locations of debris. But, I never trust the media or TPTB any more with any of this stuff anymore.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Thanks OP for making this thread!
I contemplated doing the same last night after reading reports of it "crashing" while the live tracker showed it still in orbit steadily loosing altitude. The tracker was still going at apx. 2:00 am central time with an altitude of apx. 55 miles.
Something fishy is definitely going on I think, why all the mixed reports and inconsistent data for such a closely watched reentry?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Z32Driver
... while the live tracker showed it still in orbit steadily loosing altitude. The tracker was still going at apx. 2:00 am central time with an altitude of apx. 55 miles.

Ok, this has been explained about a million times, but clear it needs to be explained at least a million times more.

The website you're looking at does NOT track the satellite, nor any other satellite.
What it does in fact is to use a set of numbers that describe the satellite's orbit, and run mathematical calculations to predict mathematically where it should be at any given time. If/when the satellite reenters, that tracking website will not "know" about it.
This is the same for all satellite tracking websites.

Its a purely mathematical calculation.
You can download programs that let you do the same on your own computer.

edit on 16-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thanks you.
I guess "live tracking" is a pretty misleading thing to label a website of purely mathematical estimates.
They sure fooled me

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
I've been checking out the updates about Phobos-Grunt and there's so much disinformation, no visual confirmation and people claiming that's still in orbit. Russian military say it crashed in the Pacific, Coast of Chile, Roscosmos says it crashed in the Atlantic and a third source in Russia alleges it spread over the Brazilian territory, but so far there are no reports from Brazil.

News agencies had cited Defense Ministry spokesman Alexei Zolotukhin as saying Sunday that fragments of the craft fell in the Pacific Ocean off Chile's coast... based on calculations, and no witness reports had been received.
The deputy head of Russia's space agency, Anatoly Shilov, told state news channel Vesti that agency data assumed the craft broke up somewhere over Brazil.
A statement Monday from the space agency, Roscosmos, cited the reported Defense Ministry assessment, but gave no further information, noting "the lack of means of visual and other monitoring" in the region.

Key words, based on calculations, and assumed, please at least read the articles you link to and quote from.
There is no conflict, only your ignorance of the difficulties in calculating the re-entry of a satellite. There is a slew of data that is simply impossible to know, and it makes predicting exactly what will happen next to impossible. Brazil and the Pacific Ocean really are not that far apart.

Also didn't you just post this not too long ago?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-1-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Please post in this earlier thread by this member...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join