It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motivational Speeches, Movie Montages, Music, and Words....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've been researching some speeches. I plan to memorize a few of these, if anyone has them transcribed, or can find them transcribed, please do share. These speeches should be taught in school!! Poetic, Powerful, and Pertinent! Timely and Important! Motivational and Enlightening!

Charlie Chaplin

V for Vendetta

Mad As Hell

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
by Marianne Williamson

But somewhere along the line, you changed. You stopped being you. You let people stick a finger in your face and tell you you're no good. And when things got hard, you started looking for something to blame, like a big shadow. Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
Rocky Balboa

Susan Boyle audition. Practically laughed off stage before she started, and 30 seconds into her performance the crowd is on their feet and can barely contain themselves!! I get lumps in my throat everytime I watch it!

Failures: I tried to avoid commercials, but I’ve always loved this one, and it didn’t run on television long enough. The sport misses this guy, there will never be another like him, no Kobe, no Lebron, they pale in comparison to Jordan!

You gotta want it more than you want to breathe! You gotta forget to sleep! You gotta forget to eat! You can cry, but cry and keep going, don’t cry and quit!

Greatness Exists in all of us. Love Living. Don’t quit. Don’t say you can’t. It isn’t some great esoteric theme, it is tangible. Be willing to die for it! Will Smith says, “I’m not afraid to DIE on a treadmill. Don’t get on a treadmill next to me, because 1 of 2 things is gonna happen. Either you are going to get off the treadmill before me, or I am going to DIE on that TREADMILL! Ridiculous, sick worth ethic. “You don’t set out to build a wall, you just lay a brick. You lay that brick as perfectly as you can, and then you lay another one, and pretty soon you have a wall.”

Love what you’re doing. Be a little insane. You have to be, because to succeed, you have to go past that point where any sane person would quit!

edit on 16-1-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

edit on 16-1-2012 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Thank You!!

I got weary watching all those videos and the dozens of others that I didn't post for one reason or another.

Please, please post more! I want this to be a resource for Motivational Speeches, Music, Poems, or whatever. A place one can go to spend 5 or 10 or 30 minutes getting ready for their day, and then ATTACK their day with enthusiasm!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thats the reason I use these video's for

I am gonna use this thread often now

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I don't know if I am going of course with your thread. Are the things I am posting still relevant? Cause, I use these all to achieve my wanted state of mind

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is another variant on the Mad as Hell. I feel personally this one a bit more somehow

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The one time Arnold sounds wise

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
He is 66, this motivates me somehow
edit on 16-1-2012 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Great idea for a thread. The first video, the Charlie Chaplin speech, is one I listen to on a regular basis. It gets me every time.

I am on my way out the door for work, just wanted to bookmark so that I can contribute some of the speeches/videos that inspire me. I will be back later tonight

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Awesome guys! Thank you for the additions, keep 'em coming.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

By the way, I LOVED the "Power of Words" video. Thanks for that.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Bumping the thread in its new forum! Thanks for the move.

There are some pretty good Patriotic Motivational Videos that I will try to upload tonight. Some good military scenes set to good music.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Nice motivational:

Not a speech, but deeply moving. I cry every damned time I see it.

And, finally,

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I also love this song, and this video is a pretty good one for the song.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Kennedy, and MLK "I have a dream."

Can't believe I missed those!

Thanks a lot for the additions.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hands down the BEST freedom speech ever!! And it fits too today!!

William Wallace!

And of course the Quotes from 300. (which are real quotes)

- Our arrows will blot out the Sun!
- Then we will fight in the shade.

- Give them nothing! But take from them, everything!

etc.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join