It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much hatred for America :-(

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

The American people and the American government are on two separate pages. It is sad that a majority of the world does hate America, but I would say it is because of what the government is doing. The people of America stand for something much more different, the right to health, jobs, democracy, and many other things. The government of America, on the other hand, stand for greed and personal gains.

The right to health?
Why the massive debate over Medicare?

Jobs?
Why the acceptance of illegal aliens working for pittance while others are made redundant?

Democracy?
That's a joke - right?

We once used to say that a good communist is a person who becomes a capitalist overnight when he comes to money.

We now talk about a compassionate American as a person who has less than two employees under him.

Sorry mate. Nothing to do with government versus the people.

If you have these "rights" in the constitution you Americans often speak of, then you have the right to say NO!
AND NOT DO IT!

edit on 16.1.2012 by HolgerTheDane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Nobody truely hates America. They hate what its become. I mean, face it. We're definitly not in Kansas anymore. lol. My ? is, how do you take liberty over freedom. When freedom is the definition of liberty.Ok that out the way... America Got big and bold. Started bullying every other country. So it was only a matter of time before they also turned they're eyes towards their own citizens. They also have a habit of sticking they're noses were they're not wanted and not always needed. With a couple exceptions of course. They're bad, not horrible. Notice i say they, but im American. I love America, but to me it seems its come down to America vs. The System.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by redbarron626

Well at least we don't run around blowing each other up. Why do you think we stay here in America?
We like to have fun, and you guys are jealous. Most of the world must pray 12 times a day, and all they think about is religion. We like to enjoy the world, don't let the politicians of the world make you think American's don't support a clean Earth. Go to any ocean front on American soil-it is full of people handing out pamphlets on how to help preserve the Earth. Peta-American (I know bad choice), it seems that I watch commercials on t.v. about all the poverty in the world, and who helps? Does your country help? Has your country cleaned up Africa? These nations ask for our help, and the U.S. is the only one's brave enough to stand up. So we may be arrogant, but with reason. The world is crazy except for us.

you sir need to apply for presidency ASAP

but seriously good point you made there

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Well at least we don't run around blowing each other up. Why do you think we stay here in America?
We like to have fun, and you guys are jealous. Most of the world must pray 12 times a day, and all they think about is religion. We like to enjoy the world, don't let the politicians of the world make you think American's don't support a clean Earth. Go to any ocean front on American soil-it is full of people handing out pamphlets on how to help preserve the Earth. Peta-American (I know bad choice), it seems that I watch commercials on t.v. about all the poverty in the world, and who helps? Does your country help? Has your country cleaned up Africa? These nations ask for our help, and the U.S. is the only one's brave enough to stand up. So we may be arrogant, but with reason. The world is crazy except for us.

5 prayers per day..

Enjoy the world? Like "Europe in 5 days"? Yeah, thats deep information you get on such an intense trip..

Pamphlets to help preserve the earth - sounds good, now DO as those pamphlets do tell you! Sell your SUVs, for example.

Watching commercials on tv gives you the "information" that you helped fighting poverty in the world? Wow, thats incredible.. Commercials are universally known as the best possible and most independet newssource of the world, so it must be true, right?

No other country helps? Africa is CLEANED UP? Just where did you get those precious little information gems?

Nope, you don't know anything about the world. Everything is told you from biased us-sources favoring small achievements of the US as worldchanging monumental projects. Sorry, but Africa doesn't work like that, as many, many NGOs had to learn the hard way. You just don't toss money in their general direction and hope that the money will magically reach all and everyone on that continent..

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Well at least we don't run around blowing each other up.

On the other hand - that's how the United States became the united states.

Why do you think we stay here in America?

Because we don't want you to live in our countries. We just want you as tourists so we can get your money.

We like to have fun, and you guys are jealous.

Yeah. Right.

Most of the world must pray 12 times a day, and all they think about is religion.

Do you know anything about the world? Except that it is outside the borders of your great nation?

We like to enjoy the world, don't let the politicians of the world make you think American's don't support a clean Earth.

And your caring for the earth made you not join the Kyoto agreement? And not join any other attempts to rectify or eliviate the trouble we are headed towards?

Go to any ocean front on American soil-it is full of people handing out pamphlets on how to help preserve the Earth.

And how many of these pamphlets have an account number where you can pay your contribution? And how much of that money is spent to save the earth rather than line the pockets of choice US citizens.

Peta-American (I know bad choice), it seems that I watch commercials on t.v. about all the poverty in the world, and who helps? Does your country help?

We do actually.

Has your country cleaned up Africa?

No. And neither has your great nation. Nobody has and nobody ever will.

These nations ask for our help, and the U.S. is the only one's brave enough to stand up.

You don't stand up for anyone. You use "standing up for" as a convenient excuse to intervene when nations threaten your supply of oil.

How much help has your great nation given to Nigeria? Check it out. You'll find that only the oil companies are there and they couldn't care less about the devastation they leave behind.

So we may be arrogant, but with reason. The world is crazy except for us.

You are so arrogant that you believe that you are the world leaders. You are not. You are one of the worlds bullies.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

For sure, I know nothing about the world at all. I know that in America we have people who don't blow up night clubs, or subways. I have never heard an air-raid siren from a bombing.

I don't watch t.v. and I know a lot about your culture, and your mentality too. I read books from around the world, I'm not spoon fed.

Who is safer your country or mine? America is the best place in the world, that's why everyone comes here to live, not just vacation. All you liars can lie, but then why does everyone move/sneak into America? Is immigration a problem in Deutchland?

As far as Africa I know at least 100 people that have left America, gone to help people in Africa, and all over the world. America helps the world while you lazy scared bastages hide, and ask for more help, more food, more public services, etc.. Get rid of America, go ahead. We are the only thing keeping your asses safe.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Bullies? We help everyone on every continent. Our government may start a lot of wars, but try and stop us. We are too powerful, and too huge. Everyone in America knows how to fight, and they all carry guns. Try an attack, we would destroy anything this way a comes. America is great, stop being jealous.

I'm going to go now to work-without bombs-or crazy selfbombers, while police make sure I get to work safely, and that my child gets a good education...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I sense a high level of sarcasm, amiright?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

reply to post by ManFromEurope

For sure, I know nothing about the world at all. I know that in America we have people who don't blow up night clubs, or subways. I have never heard an air-raid siren from a bombing.

I don't watch t.v. and I know a lot about your culture, and your mentality too. I read books from around the world, I'm not spoon fed.

Who is safer your country or mine? America is the best place in the world, that's why everyone comes here to live, not just vacation. All you liars can lie, but then why does everyone move/sneak into America? Is immigration a problem in Deutchland?

As far as Africa I know at least 100 people that have left America, gone to help people in Africa, and all over the world. America helps the world while you lazy scared bastages hide, and ask for more help, more food, more public services, etc.. Get rid of America, go ahead. We are the only thing keeping your asses safe.

Okay, my previous posting was NOT an answer to this one, but it could have been.
What are you full of? Should we guess? Yeah, its U-S-A, U-S-A - thats what the whole world loves, righto

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

I apologize for the fact that I don't currently have time to read through the replies and may be rehashing points that have already been made.

Hatred, towards America or in any other form, is almost always born of ignorance and is opportunistic in nature. We tend to hate what we don't understand, are not actively a part of, or is alien to us.

Add to this formula the fact that, due to media, America is hyper-glamorized and represented as a place where everybody is drop dead gorgeous, filthy rich, and utterly hedonistic in their behaviors. The world sees us as a bunch of Brad and Angelina's who spend our days cavorting with maid or the pool boy, while drinking expensive wine.

Now you get to the core of it. Some people in the world hate us because they don't understand us, have false impressions of what it is to be an American, and envy an assumed American lifestyle that most of us don't even begin to actually live out.

Then, if that's not enough, we have this nasty tendency to drop bombs on other countries for little to no reason. That certainly doesn't help.

I've avoided mentioning economics because that's an entirely other ball of wax that desperately complicates the issue.

At least that's how I see things.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
***snip***
Hatred, towards America or in any other form, is almost always born of ignorance and is opportunistic in nature. We tend to hate what we don't understand, are not actively a part of, or is alien to us.

Well - sometimes we dislike or hate actions. They are not born out of ignorance but rather painfully experienced.

Add to this formula the fact that, due to media, America is hyper-glamorized and represented as a place where everybody is drop dead gorgeous, filthy rich, and utterly hedonistic in their behaviors.

My guess is that you are American.

American media is the only place where America and Americans are highly glamorized. There are plenty of non-American media trying to expose the biggotry and hypocracy.

The world sees us as a bunch of Brad and Angelina's who spend our days cavorting with maid or the pool boy, while drinking expensive wine.

Funnily enough - no we don't. What we do see is a bunch of people telling us how to live and what to think.
Your media is exported to other countries. It influences us a lot. But we have more than the American media.

So we wonder.

We wonder why there should be an embargo on a country just because it has a communist government. Oh wait - that was to force the people to get rid of Fidel Castro.

We wonder why you support Israel in their effort to eradicate the palestinian people. Oh wait - they are fightying back, so they probably had it comming anyway.

We wonder why you condemned Saddam Hussein for doing the same thing to part of his subjects. Oh wait - it was the oil thing wasn't it?

We wonder why Somalian pirates are given their freedom when they are captured rather than being procecuted. Oh wait - it isn't really your problem being the world police nation.

And we keep wondering.

***snip***
Then, if that's not enough, we have this nasty tendency to drop bombs on other countries for little to no reason. That certainly doesn't help.

Well that's pretty close to the point.

I've avoided mentioning economics because that's an entirely other ball of wax that desperately complicates the issue.

You shoulnd't have avoided it so much. After all your bankers actions started the slide down the slope we are fighting against.

And perhaps you should have mentioned subsidizing and environmental problems.

But hey. It's not all your fault is it.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Bullies? We help everyone on every continent. Our government may start a lot of wars, but try and stop us. We are too powerful, and too huge. Everyone in America knows how to fight, and they all carry guns. Try an attack, we would destroy anything this way a comes. America is great, stop being jealous.

I'm going to go now to work-without bombs-or crazy selfbombers, while police make sure I get to work safely, and that my child gets a good education...

We are too powerful? You wern't "Too Powerful" enough to be defeated by a peasent army in Vietnam.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

We are too powerful? You wern't "Too Powerful" enough to be defeated by a peasent army in Vietnam.

Could you please remove my name from your quote?
I'd rather not be thought to defend - in any way - the American agressive self promotion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join