It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Pauls endorsement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
So the endorsement is in. i have not seen one word about it in the news. If Santorum or Gingrich had this man on their side, there would be news of it everywhere and the calling for the good Dr to drop out. I do believe that the elite are right in calling the masses "useless eaters" . They pump out their propaganda. Villainize a man with conviction to be a nutty, dangerous kook and the 'useless eaters " eat it up.

I for one would rather have Obama for 4 more years than any other candidate but Paul. Is everyone under a spell. Can people really be for Romney, Santorum, Gingrich. We deserve what we will get. when will the masses say enough. When will the see through the 2 party system as not a choice but the same agenda with different ways about getting to the endpoint wich is total control. There will be a rich class and a poor class.

RP 2012
edit on 16-1-2012 by sd211212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Endorsement

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sd211212

I hear ya man! What a joke. And Scrotorum made the news with his tea party endorsement. The media bias is blatant. They are spoon feeding the "eaters" their canidate of choice. I just can't understand this country sometimes.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Who endorsed him?

2nd.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Oh thanks for the correction!! gotta love this site. Dont comment just look for the flaws

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
To be fair, I live in Oklahoma... and my local news DID report about the endorsement.

They are about to talk about it for a second time, actually.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
are you talking about the S.C. Sen. Tom Davis endorsement? seems you would want to mention the name of the person the thread is speaking about....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

See thats what I'm talking about. Even the OP doesn't even want to talk about who endosed Ron Paul. CONSPIRACY!!!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Endorsements only help so much...

YOU can have all the endorsements
in the world and still not get a nomination
it is all in how the voters turn out.

Take these things with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Forgive me... my news did report on Paul... but they where joking how the 'bunny ranch' wanted to donate money to him..

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more Op. Read on...

1. If any other GOP candidate had the demographic trending that Ron Paul is showing with New Voters, Young Voters and Independents the GOP and MSM would be salivating but they are both employing an all out media blitz to convince us that Mitt Romney is unstoppable as the nominee because he won Iowa by 8 votes (which may be contested) and because he won New Hampshire (which is practically his home state) by a large margin as expected. Reverse the Iowa win and award it to Santorum and then lets see what happens in states not so pro-Romney and you have quite a different story. The deographics are extremely upside for Paul, nobody is a clear front runner yet and Romney, Santorum and Paul are basically tied.

2. The MSM has come full circle with their coverage. Their playbook so far;

a. Ignore Ron Paul’s rise in the polls, and when that fails
b. Label Ron Paul a kook, and when that fails
c. Label Ron Paul a racist, and when that fails
d. Label Ron Paul’s foreign policy as “dangerous, and when that fails
e. Advise Huntsman to stay out of Iowa race so as not to split Romneys support, and when that fails
f. Bombard the airwaves with pro Romney “news” pieces, and when that fails
g. Advise Perry to stay in the race so his supporters will not gravitate to Ron Paul, and when that fails
h. Bombard the airwaves with comments that Ron Paul can’t win and is only looking for a platform
speech at the RNC convention, and when that fails
i. Bombard the airwaves with pro Romney “news” pieces, AGAIN, and when that fails
j. Ignore Ron Paul’s rise in the polls and especially among the voters that the GOP covets the most
New Voters, Youth and Independents.

3. Ron Paul can realize a meteoric rise if he makes 2 statements;

a. Too many people think the USA and specifically Republicans are war mongers and crusaders and based on the Pentagon leading the Bush AND Obama administrations around by the nose - I tend to agree. Ron Paul needs to expand his position on foreign policy platform to explain that he supports a strong defense but that does not mean nation building or regime change. Since when does being Republican mean supporting nation building and regime change. We need to know Ron Paul beileives in a strong national defense – that he’s not too slow to pull the trigger, but also that he’s not too QUICK to pull the trigger.
b. As everyone knows there exists a great divide between the rich in this country and everyone else, whether you count yourself in the 99%, 58%, 43%, etc. The federal government of the USA is facilitating that divide, has created a wall that prevents the ascension of the poor / middle class into the wealthy class. Mr. Paul please be our voice in the spirit of Ronald Reagan in sending the message to Washington – “Please tear down that wall” that is the federal bureaucracy, that prevents growth, that prohibits free trade, that prohibits entrepreneurialism and that dampens the human spirit of self accomplishment thru individual achievement.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Why? Because in SC it really is not news, unfortunately. I have lived my entire life in SC and had never heard of this man until recently - and I try to pay attention. I don't think that his endorsement is as big as what people are making it out to be.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i dont even live in the US but i just went to look to see if it was reported on news websites yet. Now, i know everyone knows about Fox News , i get that, but this was the first time that i ever looked on there and to be perfectly honest, FOX news is an absolute joke, it actually made me angry which i didn't expect.

what does the badge say ?? "fair & balanced" , that alone is an insult to the people

so their stories are:
Huntsman to Drop Out, Back Romney
FOX NEWS POLL: Romney Hits Record High,
FOX NEWS POLL: Obama-Romney Race Would be Close

but not to forget Ron Paul:
Ron Paul Plane Trips Draw Scrutiny to Federal Spending Hawk

not one mention of Ron Paul getting support from Tom Davis.

Yes i did expect it to be biased but the whole website just made me angry.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
ron paul should press on until only romney and paul are over and that they both get too primary vote were one or the either wins and the winner asks the person who became second to become vp . then the majority of the republicans wil vote and because of paul there a great portion of the independends wil. And maybe some democrats.
If this scenario becomes true .. obama is way out of the picture and wil not be re-elected

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sen. Tom Davis’s full statement of endorsement for Ron Paul follows.

Statement from Sen. Tom Davis

“It’s easy to campaign on lower taxes, less spending and fewer regulations – it’s another thing entirely to stand up for these limited government principles when the entire Washington establishment is aligned against you. Yet for more than three decades Ron Paul has cast thousands of lonely votes in our nation’s capital based on the constitutional principles that this country was founded on – and that the Republican Party has promised to protect. Yet while generations of politicians – including far too many Republicans – were losing their way or caving to the status quo, Ron Paul was standing as a Tea Party of one against a towering wave of red ink.

“2012 marks the fifth consecutive year in which the federal government is going to spend well over $1 trillion in money it doesn’t have. Each and every American taxpayer is now on the hook for $135,000 worth of federal debt – and last year’s debt deal adds another $7 trillion in deficit spending over the coming decade. Meanwhile the U.S. Senate hasn’t passed a budget in nearly 1,000 days.

“I’m endorsing Ron Paul because enough is enough. Despite this wave of unprecedented government spending, our unemployment rate has remained above 8 percent for the last 34 months and 146.4 million Americans – one out of every two people in this country – are now classified as poor or low-income.

“Government activism and government intervention clearly hasn’t fixed our economy – which is why the Republican Party needs a nominee who isn’t wedded to that failed approach. We won’t chart a path to fiscal solvency or victory in November by running toward the failed ideas of the left – we will achieve those victories by returning to the principles that the Republican Party once stood for.

“That is why I am proud to endorse Ron Paul for president.

“Ron Paul’s record matches his rhetoric, his fiscal plan matches the fiscal challenges that our nation is facing and his movement represents the taxpayers whose interests have been ignored in the political process for far too long.

“I’m also endorsing him because unlike what the pundits have led you to believe, he is the candidate who gives the Republican Party the best chance to beat Barack Obama in November.

“We have a choice: We can keep electing candidates who talk about change only during political campaigns as a way to get elected, or we can finally elect a candidate who will walk the walk and make that change a reality – restoring our bottom line, our individual liberties and our national pride in the process.”

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

well didnt feel it was necessary to put his name since anyone who is following the election would already know who it was. Santorum said it would speak volumes if he was endorsed by this man . Who is that man? Sen Tom Davis from South Carolina.

new topics

top topics

join