It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran makes arrests in killing of nuclear scientist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov
You're having a hard time spinning the admission: "PAID BY THE U.S. CONGRESS" from their web site.

You're having a hard time reading .... and a hard time telling the truth ...

IRANRIGHTS.ORG: About the Foundation

The Abdorrahman Boroumand Foundation receives approximately 50% of its support from private U.S. foundations, 34% of its support from private European foundations, and 16% of its funding from the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), a private non-governmental organization (NGO), which, though funded by the US Congress, is governed by an independent, nonpartisan board of directors.

It says that only 16% of the funding for that site comes from the National Endowment for Democracy - a private NON-GOVERNMENTAL and philanthropic organization. That in turn receives some funding from the US gov't because it's a NGO.

Try actually READING something for a change. And stop lying if you can. :shk:
Now be a good lil' newbie poster and go back and read the information provided at those links.
Educate yourself.
edit on 1/16/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed word

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It says that only 16% of the funding for that site comes from the National Endowment for Democracy - a private NON-GOVERNMENTAL and philanthropic organization. That in turn receives some funding from the US gov't because it's a NGO.

Now if a website receives "only" 16% of the funding from a private NGO that in turn receives funding from HIZBULLAH... is it a terrorist-linked site or not?

For the same reason, iranrights.org is an all-western organization with admitted financial links to the enemies of Iran.

The storiess by this partisan U.S. foundation have NO INDEPENDENT CONFIRMATION whatsoever. It has nothing to do with the interests of iranians, as the name falsely intends to suggest.

You can whine all you can, your attempts to weasel yourself out of this are amusing but there's no way to hide that fact.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov
You can whine all you can, your attempts to weasel yourself out of this are amusing ....

Actually you are the one flailing and stomping your feet like a child.

I posted link after link .. information from Amnesty International ... from various human rights organizations ... statements from victims themselves ... and you have refused to read and educate yourself .. and worse yet, you still babble on about Iran being innocent. Congratulations .. in the six days of posting you have done here at ATS, you have lost your credibility.

Go read the information from Amnesty International and from the victims themselves.
Then perhaps you'll be able to have an educated discussion on the matter.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

/1]www.usatoday.com[/url]

Ali Larijani, speaker of the Iranian parliament, said the suspects are being interrogated, and the investigation is continuing.

Which translated into reality says - we are rounding up those who don't do what the government says they should, and we are in the process of torturing them until they 'confess' to whatever we want them to confess to. :shk:

Iran does this all the time. No surprise.

This theory of yours could be possible, but don't act like it's only Iran who practices this. All governments are guilty of this. One thing I must point out is that Iran challenges it's accusers with diplomatic measures such as asking them for a debate where each side has the chance to present their evidence. Notice how the West always denies and never has any evidence to present?

Iran is not a country I would like to be held captive in but as other members have pointed out, Iran has scored a lot more points in the credibility department over the last few decades while the West has raped and pillaged all corners of the globe. Are you seeing a trend yet?

Iran will most likely present their evidence to the UN and other governmental bodies that request this. Could it be that you're upset about how many American operatives have been caught lately? No one likes it when their heroes start getting sloppy huh?

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I know some of you think Iran killed this scientist, but I'm not buying that ridiculous story and feel sorry for anyone who actually believes it.

I feel sorry for anyone who believes what the totalitarian government of Iran says.
I feel sorry for anyone who believes Iran is incapable of killing off one of it's own.
I feel sorry for anyone who believes Iran is incapable of using that death as poltiical capital around the world.
I feel sorry for anyone who believes Iran is not trumping up charges against it's own people and using
the death of the scientist as that excuse.

I don't believe everything Iran says, in fact I question everything that comes out of every government. But, as many members including myself have said, Iran is a LOT more believable as of lately. They're even willing to present evidence as they have nothing to hide.

Iran is very capable of killing it's own but not as willing as the U.S. and Israel is to send goons behind enemy lines during the prelude to a war that they're picking.

Flyer, do you really believe Iran killed several of its scientists? If so, please tell me what the motive behind this would be, what would they have to gain? I'm sorry, if you're going to present such a wacked out theory at least show me your logic behind this theory of yours. IMO it's pure desperation on behalf of you and other members, just like the hair brained excuses you were all coming up during the drone fiasco... comedy gold!

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Notice how they jump in right away claiming Iran killed the scientist and also ridicule anyone who thinks it might be a Mossad/CIA operation?

You got that backwards.

Notice how YOU jumped in right away with the opening post .. calling the possibility that Iran off'd it's own guy 'ridiculous' and saying that you 'felt sorry' for those who believed it. You'd best be looking in the mirror when you complain about 'jumping in right away with ridicule'.
edit on 1/16/2012 by FlyersFan because: Fixed quote

I know a lot of you don't like it when we call out Israel and the U.S. on their obvious shenanigans, and sometimes we can't help but consider the OBVIOUS. If Iran comes out and accuses the U.S. and Israel of this crime, and if they claim to have evidence, is it that insane to at least consider their claim?

Of course we must analyze every claim and filter the BS in search of the ones that have merit. Call me Captain Obvious but Iran is making a lot more sense.

There are a lot of people who jump to the FF conclusion too quick, but they are just as if not more logical than the people who defend Uncle Sam left, right, and center at every opportunity. You have no problem ridiculing others for their reactions meanwhile you fail to notice your own hypocrisy.

If it quacks, it's probably a duck.

It's not really a false flag if no one believes it BTW...and yes, I was quick to speak out against the theory about Iran being the culprit in this killing, but it just doesn't make sense. Perhaps you can help convince me?

PS sorry if the quotes didn't turn out, I may have to edit this post, but I did the best I could quoting your post so I could respond to each portion individually.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I posted link after link .. information from Amnesty International ...

Have you read Amnesty International's files about human rights abuse in the U.S. with equal interest and dedication?

Are you trying to make us believe that the U.S. with its 1,500,000 Iraqi civilians murdered stands on a higher moral ground than Iran?

Isn't this murder rate by the U.S. regime TOTALLY NUTS? Now you want to repeat the story in Iran

It's your regime that urgently needs to be contained, why do you fail to see it?

You're bending backwards trying to spin a moral justification for the U.S. and Israeli murders of scientists in Iran! Watch that spine!
edit on 16-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yep, just as I predicted!!

Iran either has their youth totally brainwashed or....

they are so full of crap you can't believe a single word they say and have to dismiss every report that comes out of Iran altogether!!

Over 300 students of Sharif University of Technology in a symbolic move asked for redirecting their course of study to nuclear technology and related fields to prove that assassination of Iranian scientists like Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan will not dispirit and intimidate them from making activities and cooperating with the authorities in promoting Iran's peaceful nuclear program.

english.farsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yet...

Many here will scream False Flag at a drop of a hat in a similar situation if it incriminates the US/West.

Right?

Maybe so, but what you call "a drop of a hat" may be perceived differently by someone who has a different view point. If the shoe fits I'm going to put it on for a moment. The history of FF is impossible to ignore and it would be ignorant to not consider it at times. In this current scenario that the thread is about, I don't believe it is a FF because that would mean Iran did it.

I believe this was sponsored by the West but I'm on the fence whether it was an actual CIA/Mossad operative versus an Iranian national with ties to the various groups that are aiming for regime change in Iran. Honestly, there are not many facts to go by so anyone's theory can be considered.

Yes...

The details are slim and one should consider the source. As you said an "Iranian Official" Has everybody's cheese slid completely off their cracker today? Now apparently we here at ATS are believing ANY Official Government Announcements?

The Iranian official was named, and is a high ranking official. I'm not sure who's cheese fell off who's cracker but I'm questioning these claims as I even mentioned in my OP this could all be propaganda on Iran's behalf. Even if it's true, it's still propaganda as they're using this as part of the current media circus we call the News.

I consider all announcements from all officials on all sides, from what I've seen so far which is not definitive, points toward this being a Western sponsored assassination just like the previous scientist's deaths.

I agree.

Anybody they have "Captured" will be shown on Iranian TV and one could expect a full court display of guilt.

I'm iffy on the whole story Iran is putting out, some of it doesn't make sense from my perspective, but it seems a whole lot more truthful than anything coming out of Tel-Aviv or Washington. Iran is not the one on the hunt for a war.

Personally, I hope all the evidence is shared because I would hate for an innocent person to be falsely accused of such a serious crime.

I don't want to pass any judgement while there is so little info available.

That's assumptive.

It's very assumptive of you to assume it was assumptive

I try to think that any assumptions I make are based on logic, I'm not perfect but I try

PS, it's been a long day so please forgive my sentence structure and grammar. I should be back to normal very shortly.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: grammar

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Yep, just as I predicted!!

Iran either has their youth totally brainwashed or....

they are so full of crap you can't believe a single word they say and have to dismiss every report that comes out of Iran altogether!!

Over 300 students of Sharif University of Technology in a symbolic move asked for redirecting their course of study to nuclear technology and related fields to prove that assassination of Iranian scientists like Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan will not dispirit and intimidate them from making activities and cooperating with the authorities in promoting Iran's peaceful nuclear program.

english.farsnews.com...

Ooops! I spoke to soon again! Now it's THOUSANDS!!!

Thousands of Students Ready to Join Iran's N. Program after Assassination of Scientist TEHRAN (FNA)- Thousands of Iranian students announced their readiness to join and voluntarily cooperate with the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) to promote the country's peaceful nuclear program after the assassination of a young Iranian scientist in Tehran last week.

english.farsnews.com...

edit on 16-1-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
All I know is..

.. being interrogated by iran for being a CIA / Mossad asset wouldnt be a very enjoyable time.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

So tired of this drawn out verbal battle. At first, I wanted us to leave Iran alone. Now I don't care. Bomb all of it, get it over with, its going to happen anyway.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Funny, the one point you've chosen to ignore is that the US has demonstrated similar tendencies to torture prisoners...but typical of the new global economy, it farms it out and calls it 'redition'.
And I might add...just because I eschew your 'bomb Iran' mentality, it doesn't automatically follow that I'm a fan of the regime. I just knows koolaid when I sees er, eh?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Yeah, i don't know what to think of this. On one hand, it could be propaganda (I don't think that the spies are stupid enough to stay around after the assassination), however, Iran could have captured some proper spies. All in all though, no matter who they are, they will confess, considering Iran's track record of making detainees say what they want them to say.

Haven't the Israelis already claimed responsibility for that murder or at least a major hand in it?

You'd have a bit more credibility if you expended the minimal energy needed to exercise some self-control and refrain from posting cheap-shot statements like "considering Iran's track record of making detainees say what they want them to say."

I doubt that the Iranians are more interested in hanging any available scapegoat than they are in uncovering who was involved in the murder of their citizen.

Are you saying that Iran has adopted Abu Graib and Guantanomo style interrogatioon techniques which result in the victim's brains being reduced to such mush they will confess to anything their handlers want them to be guilty of? That just happens to be an increasingly common view of what occurred in those facilities and likely continues to occur in one of them. Tigers don't change their stripes very easily.

Your cheap shot invites other cheap shots. BTW I'm not conceding that what I said was a cheap shot.
edit on 1/16/2012 by dubiousone because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Here's an interesting statement from the scientist's family:

In a message in reply to a letter of condolence sent by Supreme Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei to mark the martyrdom of the Iranian university professor, Ahmadi Rosahn's family voiced confidence that "any drop of the blood of dear Mostafa will nourish thousands of brave youths all around the country".

They also renewed their obedience to the Islamic Republic and its religious leadership.

By the way, how does one go about "renewing their obedience" anyway? Were they not obedient before?

english.farsnews.com...

MMM, tasty. Sounds like cannibalism. Consuming blood is a sin. Looks like theyre out to fan the flames of war. I'd say the mullah's are definately working towards it. Amhadi Rosahn family sounds like theyre into vampirism...how pagan.
edit on 16-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shermanator

You seem to know a lot about the person you mentioned. Do you believe Amir was really there to see his grandma?

I believe another member pointed out that he confessed, and seemed rather calm and collected. Perhaps he was tortured into giving a false confession, I wasn't there and have no way of knowing for sure.

As for dragging his name through the mud, that was not my intention. I have said in one of my previous posts that I would hate for an innocent man to be falsely accused, regrettably it's not looking too good for him. So, from a humane point of view I hope they have mercy on him but that's probably not likely.

I don't believe his story and he had no business going into Iran.

There is probably a lot more to this story than what the locals are saying if you know what I mean. All the hometown sheep are singing the star spangled banner ignoring the fact that this man "went to Iran to see his grandma" while his country is in the middle of staging a hostile takeover of the country he's "visiting". Either he was a spy or he is just completely retarded for a lack of better words.

Which one is it Sherman?
edit on 16-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Did you just contradict yourself again?

"This is the real deal"....followed by

"This could be propaganda"?

So, CE, who do you think did it? Did the Mossad hire some terrorist flunkies who were trained to kill, but not trained to get away?

Read the words "seem" and "could".

I hope Iran caught the right person. Even if they did, it isn't going to stop the attacks.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Irans days are numbered
especially with arresting
innocent people and making
up bogus charges.

Irans crimes against the world
will soon be payed for in blood.

Are Americas days numbered as well? We arrest innocent people and make up bogus charges.

Please list Iran's crimes against the world. The only time they fight is when they have been attacked. And them giving aid to the people we call terrorist? They more than likely see it as giving people who's land is being attacked and occupied a way to fight back.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I can only take a few days of this site at a time

People like Professional and Ben81

Most (I said MOST...not ALL) of you need to spend some time outside of the comfortable little shell you call home (or your parent's basement) and spend some time with the people you like to protect. Spend some time with the people of Iraq, Iran, Israel or < insert ME country here > and then see how you feel about them.

I have spent time amongst most of them. I care not go into to much detail because this site is not worth my security clearance.

With that, I need a few days to get the hell away from you that choose to spew $hit over something you can only read on the internet. If you look long enough and hard enough, you will find the answer you are looking for on the internet. That is the biggest problem with your so called "research"

I suggest you go get first hand experience and knowledge then try to talk about these types of things.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Here's an interesting statement from the scientist's family:

In a message in reply to a letter of condolence sent by Supreme Leader of Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei to mark the martyrdom of the Iranian university professor, Ahmadi Rosahn's family voiced confidence that "any drop of the blood of dear Mostafa will nourish thousands of brave youths all around the country".

They also renewed their obedience to the Islamic Republic and its religious leadership.

By the way, how does one go about "renewing their obedience" anyway? Were they not obedient before?

english.farsnews.com...

MMM, tasty. Sounds like cannibalism. Consuming blood is a sin. Looks like theyre out to fan the flames of war. I'd say the mullah's are definately working towards it. Amhadi Rosahn family sounds like theyre into vampirism...how pagan.
edit on 16-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Wow aren't you judgmental. You've never heard blood metaphors used in a religious sense before?
And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave to them: and they all drank of it. And he said unto them, ‘This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.’

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
All im saying is an iranian nuclear scientist was killed you idiots should be posting things like # yeah "AMERICA!"

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join